Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Eremophobia ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the Naruto characters. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
Recap:
 
“Otou-san…” Yuki cried hugging him tightly, her tears flowing like a river.
 
“I have to go now Yuki-chan”
 
“Wait, I want to come too…” yuki sobbed into his dark green vest.
 
“No. Where I am going you cannot, you are too young to leave with me this way.”
 
Yuki cried openly as her father tore himself from her grips. He walked silently from her room and shut the door behind him. She ran after him struggling to open the door, she finally managed to. She ran to where she sensed her father's chakra. She stopped frozen to the ground as she saw her father. Blood dripping on to the floorboards he fell.
 
`Suicide...I am all alone...'
 
*End Flash back*
CHAPTER TWO
 
Shiroi shook her friend trying to awaken her from her distant state of mind, knowing what she was thinking about. She breathed a sigh of relief when Yuki's glazed over eyes began to blink, she finally came to.
 
“Don't scare me like that Yuki-chan!” Shiroi exclaimed out of concern.
 
“I wouldn't if I could help it…”
 
“Anyway I must get ready for the Chuunin Exams, and you should too.”
 
`You're a strange girl Yuki-chan. You can kill someone without batting an eyelid, yet you can't handle the pain of loneliness.' Shiroi thought as they both stood up.
 
“So does this mean you're going to go off and live with him after the exam?”
 
She looked over at Yuki not actually knowing what she was going to do about her old friend. The truth is she didn't even know if he saw her, she only just saw him as she was entering the gates to Konoha. `He must be here for the exam...'
 
“I don't know, I haven't talked to him much.”
 
“Oh…” Yuki looked at her feet, not quite knowing what to say.
 
“Cheer up Yuki-chan; we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
Shiroi watched as Yuki sighed and walked into her room to get ready. `I have to talk to him when I see him next.' Shiroi decided. She went to her room to get her gear together since the exam was in less than 2 days, and she didn't want to be ill prepared for it.
 
After she had had a nice warm shower, Yuki was able to think more clearly on the matter at hand. If her friend did end up getting together with the mystery boy from her past, Yuki would need someone. `If Shiroi found someone she loved, maybe I could too?' Yuki thought about it for a moment, but in the end thought it better to ask her friend what she thought.
 
“Oi Shiroi...is love an easy thing to find?” Yuki looked at her friend as they sat down to eat their breakfast.
 
“Umm…It depends. Why did you want to know?”
 
“I figured that if you're leaving I would be all alone, and I don't want to be. So I thought maybe if I found someone who loved me then I wouldn't be.” Yuki looked down at her rice.
 
“I'm sure you will find somebody, the first thing to do is to look for a boy that you have a lot in common with. Then take it from there. Just keep your eyes open, I'm sure you'll meet someone, sometime.”
 
Yuki sighed.
 
“Anyway, I'm going to look for…” she didn't finish the sentence as she saw Yuki's head droop.
 
“Umm Yuki, would you like to come?”
 
“Sure!”
 
Not knowing where to start, Shiroi began to search for some Genin, to see if they had seen him. It had only been about ten minutes when off in the distance she heard the familiar voice of the town prankster, Naruto.
 
Shiroi is about to walk off when she sees Konahamaru run into somebody. She looks wide eyed for a second, `Oh my god, Is that Kankuro?' turning to Yuki she motions for her to wait. Shiroi looks around to see if she can see him, and sure enough after a few minutes there he is, hanging from the tree.
 
`Gaara-kun…' Shiroi walked slowly out into the open so that she could be clearly seen, leaning on a nearby tree waiting for him to notice her. She watched the scene unfold before her. After the encounter with team 7 and some kids, the sand team walked away.
 
“Do you think he saw you?”
 
Shiroi turned to see Yuki standing beside her. She sighed, `maybe he didn't recognise me?'
 
“I don't know…”
 
Yuki looked at Shiroi noticing the disappointment in her eyes, `she must really like him…' Before Yuki could say another word Shiroi disappeared in a puff of smoke.
 
“Maybe I should leave her alone for a little while?” Yuki thought out loud.
 
“Leave who alone?”
 
Yuki turned to see none other than Naruto, the boisterous boy she had seen around town a few times. She looked at him for a few seconds wondering why he was talking to her.
 
“My friend, what's it to you?” Yuki asked rather annoyed that he was butting in to her thoughts.
 
“Oh…I…uh…never mind I should probably go get lunch or something…” Naruto stuttered.
 
He looked at her, `wow she is prettier than Sakura.' He paused for a second and then turned around and began to run to the Ichiraku ramen-ya.
 
“I think he likes you.”
 
Yuki turns around to see a dark haired boy with even darker eyes, smirking in the shadows behind you.
 
“Nani?”
 
“I said, I think Naruto likes you”
 
“U huh…and who are you?”
 
“Are you serious? I thought all the girls knew who I was…” he replied rather surprised by her question.
 
“Well aren't we rather egotistic.” She smiled, hands on hips.
 
Yuki may be afraid to be on her own, but if someone talked to her she didn't keep her thoughts to herself. She didn't want to look weak, as she considered shyness a weakness. She just never really hung out with anyone other than Shiroi, afraid that others wouldn't understand why she was the way she was.
 
“Watashi no namae wa Sasuke desu, anato wa?”
(My name is Sasuke, what's yours?)
 
“Yuki desu.”
(I'm Yuki.)
 
Yuki looked at the boy standing before her; she noticed a pain and anger in his eyes that she had never seen in any others.
 
“Yoroshiku, I got to get going. I better go see what my friends up to.”
(It was nice meeting you)
 
Yuki disappeared in an instant leaving the boy standing by himself. She appeared a moment later a couple of metres away hidden by trees, looking to see his reaction.
 
Sasuke stood still, looking at where Yuki had just been standing. `She is different to the other girls.' He paused for a minute and then also disappeared.