Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Fire and Ice and all other things ❯ A Dark Shadow appears(though not to Naruki or Sasuke) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter two: A dark shadow appears(though not to Naruki or Sasuke)
 
The two arrived in one of the most remote and deserted parts of Konoha. Sasuke looked around, expecting the notorious Black Moon to have their hideout somewhere better, though he knew this was exactly what was to really be expected. Naruki led him into an old abandoned hotel.
Once inside Sasuke noticed that it wasn't as old or broken down as it had looked outside. The stairs that lead upstairs looked newly redone; the check-in counter looked cleaned. Everything looked in perfect order, surprisingly.
“What the-“he was about top say but Naruki shushed him, then pulled him upstairs and into a room. Once inside she looked the door and finally breathed. He looked around the room.
One bed, a nightstand with a lamp, maps on the walls, books on the ground, closet, black lacquer box on table, seemed like the room of a thief to him.
“Damn those Anaki,” Naruki said,” Why can't they go find someone else to bug for once?”
“Don't get along with the local knights, I see,” he said, sitting down on the bed.
Naruki glared at him,” Of course not. I'm the leader of Black Moon, the most notorious thieves' guild in the entire world. I've got a sizable bounty on my head. The Anaki are all greedy idiots who pretend to protect the peace while really being so corrupt, it's a laugh.”
Sasuke smiled, but only slightly as she walked over to him. She sat on the table,” so, tell me, Sasuke, tell me: Why did you call me out?”
He stared at her for a while, though whether he was contemplating telling the truth or a lie was unknown. He stood up, smoothing out the wrinkles on his cloak, “I have a job for you.”
“Oh, really?” Naruki said, eyebrow raised, her voice now dripping with sarcasm.
He looked at her in annoyance, not glaring as she had done before, but still not too pleasantly. He walked over to her and picked up the black box.
“Yes, really,” Sasuke said, about to open the box.
She put her hand on the top of the box and closed it gentlely, eyes locked with his, “Well, what's this mission then?”
“I want you to steal something for me, a special blade made by the famous swordsmith Sarutobi.”
“Sarutobi? THE Sarutobi, the master swordsmith that once was considered the greatest of the greats?”
“Yes.”
“So where is it?” Naruki asked skeptically. She didn't know why, but something didn't sound right to her.
He hesitated, proving her right, and then said, “The royal treasury.”
She stared at him, confused and appalled, “You're……..joking…right?”
“No,” Sasuke said, surprised that she seemed so worried by that, “Is there a problem?”
“Well, yeah. You actually honestly want me to go into the palace, sneak by the guards and such into the treasury and steal back a sword?”
He nodded and both were silent for a while. Then, Naruki burst out laughing and he just became even more confused, “Fine, I'll be glad to, it'll be fun, a challenge.”
Sasuke looked at her in confusion, surprised and yet not surprised by the thief's answer. He sighed shaking his head,. He grabbed a map from off the wall, the map of the royal castle, “Whatever, okay, so here's the plan…”
 
 
“Lord Kaidan! Lord Kaidan! There's a messenger hawk for you!” It had been quiet in the Dark Castle, the royal home in the kingdom of Kurorei. Kaidan, lord and master of all the dark lands and probably the grouchiest boy in the world, had been attempting a nap when one of his lower subjects barged into the throne room. Wrong move.
After about a hour of tormented screams and one missing destroyed man later, Kaidan was reading the message, the look on his face as unemotional and hard to read as ever. He finished reading and looked up to see another person, a calm man watching him.
“Well?” Kaidan said.
“Well what, milord?” the boy asked.
“Where is the princess?”
“It seems she has been seen in the kingdom of Tsukia.”
“Tsukia, eh?”
Kaidan sat back and closed his eyes, a cruel evil smile creeping upon his face. The boy stood there patiently as Kaidan then said, so softly it was almost inaudible, “Good…very good…”
 
“….Okay, sounds good,” Naruki said after Sasuke finished explaining.
She stood up straight and stretched, smiling to herself like a jester who had pleased a grumpy king. He watched her, unsure completely of why seeing her stretched made him go red.
She stopped and looked at him, seeing him stare at her. She laughed, “ What, Sasuke, got a crush on me already? Well now isn't the time for that. I need you to do some things for me before the mission.”
“And those would be?” Sasuke asked.
“Oh you'll see soon enough,” she said no longer laughing, but smiling to herself.