Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gangs of Konoha High ❯ New Recruit ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Don't own Naruto characters. Obviously, as this is fan fiction.
 
New Recruit
 
“Kiba.”
 
A young man of 17 looked up. He was wearing white sneakers, jeans and a tight fitting grey T-shirt. He looked questioningly at the one who had spoken.
 
“Show this one around, will you?”
 
Kiba nodded curtly and stood up, dropping his cigarette in the process. Stepping on it, he grinded it with his foot and walked over to where the two people were standing.
 
Grinning, he said, “Sure, Sasuke.”
 
The raven haired man nodded in approval and turned to leave the room.
 
Kiba clapped a hand on his charge's shoulder. Smirking, he continued, “So, you're the new recruit right?”
 
He was rewarded with a nod.
 
“Know anything about this school?”
 
A shake of the head.
 
Kiba chuckled and grinned yet again, showing all his canines.
 
“You're new, huh? I should have guessed.”
 
Bending down to pick up his Oakley backpack, he gestured for the newcomer to follow him.
 
“Here, let me teach you some things while I show you around school.”
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
“First, let me introduce myself.”
 
Gesturing dramatically, he said, “I'm Kiba Inuzuka!”
 
Failing to get any response from his companion, he continued, “Anyway, welcome to Konoha High, blah blah blah, and I'm sure you've heard all those basic stuff from Tsunade, right?”
 
Kiba entered his code into his locker. “So, this is your locker and this is mine. What's your name again?”
 
The blonde grinned foxily and chirped, “Naruto Uzumaki!”
 
“Ok, so you have to understand all about surviving in this school now that you're a part of The Shinobis, so pay attention.”
 
The two of them started walking to their classroom.
 
“In Konoha High, there are two major gangs, the Shinobis and the Kages. The Shinobis are, well, what you would say the richer lot while the Kages are the poorer lot. You know, they live in the slums and are hoodlums and stuff?”
 
Kiba opened the door to his classroom and both of them sat at the back corner of the classroom on the right side.
 
“Well, the two gangs are always fighting mainly because of Sasuke and their leader. Sasuke is intent on beating his older brother Itachi to prove his worth and he can only do this if he can beat the other gang. However, he's lost all his fights to the Kazekage…”
 
Naruto butted in, “Kazekage?”
 
“I'll explain a little later. Anyway, because of this, Sasuke has vowed to destroy the other gang and since then, the two gangs have been fighting over all these years.”
 
Naruto looked at Kiba, “ Kazekage?”
 
Kiba sighed and tapped the person in front of him, “Hey Shino, you're turn now.”
 
Shino turned around and Naruto was surprised to see his attire. Shino was wearing a long coat with a hood covering his head, jeans and black trainers and silver Oakley sunglasses.
 
He started in a calm, monotone voice, “Sasuke has never seen the other leader. The Kages, literally translated to The Shadows, live up to their name and operate in the shadows. All Sasuke and Kazekage's fights have been fought in the shadows.”
 
Adjusting his glasses, he continued, “However, recently we have received information on The Kage's headquarters and leader.”
 
Shino looked at Kiba knowingly and turned back to face the front.
 
Kiba grinned before he turned to face Naruto. “Forget about that for the moment. I'll take you over the members and ranks. We only know that the Kages have Shikamaru, Temari, Neji, Tenten, and the Kazekage's right hand man, Kankuro. However, we do know that Neji joined The Kages because he hates his cousin, who happens to be in The Shinobis, Hinata Hyuuga. Also, Neji and Tenten and Shikamaru and Temari are a couple, or at least that's what we heard. We have you,” Kiba tilted his head towards Naruto, “me, Sasuke, his girlfriend Sakura, Hinata and Shino.”
 
Naruto looked up as he heard the classroom door slam shut.
 
A man with a mask covering his lower half of his face entered. He also had a headband covering his left eye, silver gravity defying hair and he was carrying a green book.
 
“That's the infamous Kakashi Hatake. He's always late and he always reads that perverted novel. Sometimes, he can be late up to a few hours.”
 
The teacher closed his book with a loud clap. “Ok class, nice to see you all. We have a new student who is…Naruto Uzumaki.”
 
All eyes turned to look at the blonde. Naruto swallowed and waved. “Hi everyone, I'm…”
 
Kakashi continued as if no interruption had occurred, “And today, you can do whatever you want after you pick up your timetables.” He waved the timetables in the air, slammed it onto the desk, sat down, opened his book and started reading.
 
Kiba laughed as Naruto stared at Kakashi. “That's Kakashi for you, kid.”
 
Laughing, Kiba went to pick up his timetable.
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
Naruto slammed his locker shut and turned just to see a timid girl behind him. Startled, he stepped backwards and smashed into his locker.
 
The girl gasped and started apologizing profusely. “I'm sorry, I'm sorry Naruto-kun. Are
you okay?”
 
The boy rubbed his sore head and nodded. “Don't worry about it, Hinata, was it?”
 
The Hyuuga blushed as she realized that her crush knew who she was. “I just came to tell you that Sasuke's called a meeting tonight at headquarters at 6.”
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
Hinata smiled shyly as she poked her fingers together. “This is headquarters, which is also Sasuke's house.”
 
“How did a girl like her join a gang?” Naruto thought as they stepped into the Uchiha mansion.
“But you should be careful not to talk loudly or discuss plans outside the study, as Itachi Uchiha is part of the Akatsuki.” A voice whispered beside Naruto's ear. The blonde gave a yelp as he jumped and whipped around. Shino was standing behind Naruto and Hinata.
 
“When…when did you sneak up on us?” Naruto spluttered.
 
Hinata giggled. “Naruto-kun, this is how Shino does things, he's one of our intelligence gatherers.”
 
Shino gestured for them to follow up the stairs. “They're all waiting.”
 
“What's going on?” Naruto grabbed Shino's arm.
 
Shino shifted and light reflected off his glasses. “We're going for The Kages tonight, you up for it?”
 
Naruto's eyes widened.