Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Gangs of Konoha High ❯ The Shinobi vs The Kages ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shinobi vs. Kages
 
“So that's the plan. Does everyone understand?” Sasuke asked.
 
When he did not receive a response, he smirked and shouted, “Let's move out then!”
 
Kiba walked over to Naruto and clapped a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Let's hope you're as good as Sasuke thinks.”
 
Naruto raised an eyebrow.
 
“What?”
 
Kiba sighed and folded his arms.
 
“You do know that The Shinobi are elite fighters, right? So, if Sasuke personally allowed you to join, then you must be good,” he explained.
 
Naruto nodded eagerly and grinned.
 
“I can handle it, oh yeah. You can count on that.”
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
The Kazekage glared at Kankuro. Sometimes, Kankuro could be so stupid, he thought. Groaning inwardly, he reassured himself that at least Kankuro was a great fighter.
 
Picking up his backpack, the man stood up. His red T-shirt had a symbol of an hour glass on it and it hung loosely against his body. However, one could still see his well formed muscles and six pack. His jeans were also loose and had tears in them, giving him a very ragged but powerful look.
 
“Come on, Kankuro.”
 
The other shook his head in an amused fashion and followed suit. Running after the leader, he spoke again.
 
“Just to update you, Neji and Tenten and Shikamaru and Temari are on a double date, so they won't be here today. Better be careful.”
 
The Kazekage stopped abruptly, causing Kankuro to turn and look at him curiously. Turning his head slowly, the Kazekage growled, “Don't…tell me what to do, Kankuro.”
 
The other man swallowed nervously and grunted.
 
“Good. Then it's just you, me and Lee.”
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
Sasuke crouched against the wall in the alley. He held up his hand.
 
“Here they come.”
 
Naruto whispered excitedly, “We can take the whole gang, right?”
 
He received a whack on his head. Clutching his head, he turned his watering eyes towards his attacker.
 
“You baka! Didn't you listen to Sasuke's briefing? He said that four of their members aren't going to be here today!” Sakura hissed.
 
“Quiet!” Both of them looked up to see three people emerging from the school.
 
Sasuke's eyes narrowed.
 
“There's Kankuro, Lee and…”
 
Shino nodded. “Yes, that must be the Kazekage.”
 
Sasuke's eyes widened.
 
“Oh my god…that's Gaara no Sabaku.”
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
Kankuro stiffened as the hair on the back of his neck stood on its ends. He shifted around as he tried to identify the threat.
 
“What is it, Kankuro?”
 
Deciding that it was nothing, he shook his head and continued down the alley.
 
“It's nothing.”
 
And that was when The Shinobi struck.
 
Naruto, Sakura and Hinata blocked Lee's way as Kiba and Shino aimed for Kankuro, leaving Sasuke free to take on Gaara.
 
Gaara folded his arms.
 
“Uchiha,” he drawled, “so desperate to win that you have to wait till I'm outnumbered?”
 
Sasuke gritted his teeth and he got into a defensive position.
 
“There are no rules that I know of. Why? Are you not good enough to win against me one on one?”
 
Gaara stared coolly at his rival.
 
“Well then, let's begin.”
 
Sasuke shot towards his opponent. At the last second, he slid tackled Gaara and brought up his knees, slamming them into Gaara's gut. As Gaara doubled over, wheezing for breath, he raised his leg to chest level and smashed it into Gaara's face.
 
Gaara smashed against the wall but used his hands as leverage, allowing him to flip back up. Cracking his knuckles, he snarled, “Let's get serious then.”
 
Sasuke ran once again towards his opponent. However, this time Gaara was ready. Charging straight for the Uchiha, he pressed his left palm onto the ground. Using the momentum he had gained, he swung his weight behind Sasuke and brought up his hands. Clasping them together, he smashed his fists onto Sasuke's back.
 
“Gaaarghhhh!”
 
Sasuke spat out blood as Gaara kicked him upwards just before he could hit the floor. Looking up, he was met only by the sight of turquoise eyes in front of him.
 
With a roar, Sasuke threw a punch straight at Gaara's face. At the last second, Gaara ducked and punched him in the gut before smashing a punch up his chin.
 
Bringing up his foot above his head, Gaara brought it down hard onto Sasuke's face. Onyx eyes widened as the Uchiha managed to roll sideways, narrowly evading the attack. Panting heavily, Sasuke leaned against the wall. Blocking a kick from his opponent, he twisted Gaara's foot, causing the other to spin and fall.
 
However, Gaara pressed his hands onto the ground and kicked backwards wildly.
 
Blood spurted everywhere, splattering all over Gaara's clothes and shoes.
 
A cry echoed all over the alley. Sasuke fell to the ground, clutching his bloody, broken nose.
 
Gaara laughed quietly.
 
“Let's finish this, Uchiha.” Gaara smirked as he flipped out his switchblade.
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
Naruto caught Lee's fists and twisted it behind his back, breaking it. Lee screamed and fell down unconscious.
 
A cry caught his attention. Turning around, his eyes widened as he saw Sasuke fall down, clutching his nose with blood everywhere.
 
Looking around, he could see that Sakura had joined Kiba, Shino and Kankuro and that Hinata was unconscious.
 
“I have to help Sasuke…”
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
 
Advancing slowly, an insane laugh erupted from Gaara's mouth. Hunger and lust for blood could be seen in his eyes. He kicked at Sasuke's head, causing him to land on his back. Kneeling down, he placed a foot firmly onto the Uchiha's chest.
 
“Time to die, Uchiha.” Leaning forward, he pressed the blade against Sasuke's throat.
 
Sasuke shut his eyes as he waited for the impending doom.
 
The smash of glass could be heard.
 
Sasuke's eyes flew open in surprise. He could see Gaara swaying slightly on the spot with his eyes rolled backwards.
 
With a thud, Gaara collapsed onto the ground, revealing Naruto behind him holding a broken glass bottle.
 
“Sorry, I'm late.”
 
“Are the others okay?”
 
“Yeah. They beat the others.”
 
“Good, then let's continue to stick to the plan.”