Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ghostly Eyes ❯ Kidnapping ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
NARUTO
GHOSTLY EYES

By
Sgamer82

      It has been less than a week ago. With the loss of so many Shinobi during the battle against the ninja of the Villages Hidden in the Sand and Sound, Genin teams had been receiving much more difficult missions. It was on just such a mission that Hinata was lost.

     Cell 8 had been investigating recent attacks on farming towns up north that had begun since a recent earthquake. One night, thanks to Hinata’s Byakugan, they caught sight of a scout. The team followed, Kiba and his dog, Akamaru, doing the majority of tracking.

     There, the cell learned that the robbers were bands of primitives. Perhaps aboriginines, or hunters who lived deep in the woods having difficult times. Regardless, the Konoha ninja were prepared to take them down and turn them to the local authorities.

     What they had, in no way, expected was an attack on themselves first. They were small in number, perhaps twenty or so, but surprisingly well trained. Far too well for primitives or hunters. But that wasn’t what Kurenai could focus on. She directed her team to watch out for each other while Kurenai dealt with their attackers. She was able to fight off several of them. However, in the course of the fight, some had made their way to the Genin.

     Kurenai rushed to their aid, but not before the three had been beaten down. It couldn’t have been helped, they were outnumbered and surprisingly overpowered. When Kurenai defeated the bandits attacking her students, she saw only Shino and Kiba were present. Bruised and beaten, but alive. Hinata was gone. Kurenai also noticed the attack had ended. They were running.

     With sudden alarm, Kurenai looked and saw them carrying away Hinata. She immediately began charging but the remaining fighters, and some that had recovered enough from Kurenai’s beatings to get up, blocked her path. Focused solely on stopping her from proceeding.

     Faced with the decision, Kurenai did the only thing she could. She scooped Kiba & Shino into her arms and ran. Akamaru following close behind. She hated herself for leaving Hinata behind. But she had little hope of reaching her in that situation. By all indications, these people were familiar with the forests and she’d be hard pressed to track then. If they split up, it’d be even worse, for she’d have no idea who’d have Hinata. Also, in that event, it would only take one of them to double back and find Shino and Kiba. Then it would be her entire team lost.

     Kurenai had run. But she swore to herself, she would return and get Hinata back.

* * * * *

     “So, what happened to Shino and Kiba?” Naruto asked as he got his things together in a backpack. Kurenai had explained what happened on the way to Naruto’s home.

     “There were some bruises and a couple of broken bones.” Kurenai replied, “They’re recuperating in the village that we were staying in. There’s a doctor who knows medical ninjutsu, they should be fully recovered when we arrive.”

     “I don’t understand, though, why do you need me?!” he asked, genuinely perplexed. He’d seen enough of Jônin to know they were immensely powerful. Enough that Kurenai should’ve been able to go alone and get Hinata after Kiba and Shino were safe.

     “I wasn’t sure what to make of our adversaries.” Kurenai replied, “Therefore, I thought it prudent to return to the village and inform Hokage-sama of this. She explained a few things to me. Among them the possible identities, and agenda, of the bandits. If she’s right, we’ll need you.”

     “Well.. I don’t totally understand. But okay.” Naruto answered. He honestly didn’t know what contribution he’d make in this endeavor. But he’d give it his all, like he always did. He liked Hinata. She was odd at times, but he had a lot of respect for her. While he didn’t know Shino very well, he had also become a combination of friend and rival with regards to Inuzuka Kiba. If he could help them when they needed it, he wouldn’t hesitate. He’d join team eight, for the time being. He’d find Hinata. No matter what. He hefted up his pack and let Kurenai-sensei know he was ready to leave.

AUTHOR'S NOTES: As you can guess by my calling Hokage a "she" this story is taking place after Tsunade's in charge.

Also, if you're wondering, the name Hinata's given in chapter 1, Kashghyu N’Ga, isn't just something I made up out of nowhere. When I make names up, I like to take words, usually English & Japanese, and mix and match them.

In my English/Japanese dictionary, kanojo is listed as a pronoun for "She" and "her". (Kanojo + She = Kash)
The word "Ghost" is listed as Yûrei. (Ghost + Yûrei = Ghyu)
The "N'Ga" is simlply a rearrangement of the "gan" in Byakugan, which I'm reasonably certain means "eyes."