Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Her Own Little World ❯ Advice ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tenten glanced over at him curiously out of the corner of her eyes, worry showing clearly. He didn’t even notice her hidden glances… now she was even more worried. Maybe he was sick?

Lee flitted happily about with some random squirrel he befriended immediately after training. He left, completely oblivious to the tension radiating from his teammates. Neji stayed late to train, as usual. After a few minutes of watching, Tenten jumped down from her tree-branch perch and caught the Hyuga’s hand right as he was about to release the kunai.

“Alright, what’s wrong?” Neji glanced at her idly.

“Something’s wrong?” The black haired chuunin glared.

“Look at the target Neji-kun. You have eighteen throws and seventeen hits, fifteen in the inner two rings and two on the very edges of the target.”

“So?”

“You don’t think that’s strange? Damn it Neji, shot number twelve missed the target completely! You don’t have a record like that. This is the worst I’ve ever seen you.”

“I missed one.”

“Three! The two on the edge are unacceptable.”

The pale-eyed boy sighed, irritated. “So I missed three. I’ve missed before.”

“And every time there’s been something wrong with you. Food poisoning from Gai-sensei’s cooking, loss of blood, food poisoning from Lee-kun’s cooking…WAIT, you didn’t eat Lee-kun’s cooking again did you? Today’s mystery ingredient was liver.”

Neji managed the small smirk his teammate had come to know as a sign of amusement. “No, Tenten-chan, I didn’t have any of Lee-baka’s food. And I’m not sick.”

A knowing look crossed Tenten’s face. “So you had sex last night.”

“WHAT!” His eyes flared as snatched his hand away and whirled on his teammate. “WHAT DID YOU SAY!” She fanned him off, quite used to his temper.

“Well, you either had sex with someone you shouldn’t have, you want to have sex with someone you shouldn’t…or you masturbated last night while thinking about said unreachable person.”

“What the…why the hell would you say something like that?”

“A girl knows these things. Besides, I don’t hear you denying it.”

“I Did NOT Have Sex Last Night…not that it is any of your business.”

“It is my business. Come on; let’s have a little chat, just the two of us. Aw… my little Neji-kun is all grown up.”

“Tenten,” he managed dangerously through his teeth, “this conversation ends here and now. I will not have you spreading rumors about me.” He turned and began to walk away.

“Ok then, it’s your love life…but if we don’t get this all straightened out now I’ll be forced to ask Gai-sensei to remind you before our next mission not to have sex.” The young Hyuga froze. “Judging from what I saw here, sex messes up your aim, and we can’t afford that on a mission.”

Slowly he turned to face her. “You wouldn’t…”

“Watch me. Besides, we all know how Gai-sensei believes sex enhances the beauty of youth. He’ll take you under his wing and tell you all you need to know…right before he goes and brags to Kakashi-san about how ‘mature’ his team members are… Naruto will hear and then the rest of the village will know about your sex life. Then again, knowing how Naruto makes friends with people in every village…who knows how far it will go.” Tenten had not believed it was possible for those of the Hyuga bloodline to become any paler, but for a moment, when all remaining color drained from his face, Tenten feared she may be the first to see Neji faint. His hand wavered slightly, as if seriously considering the possibility of killing her, dumping her body and getting away with it. Frantically the Nin searched for the closest hiding spot. If Neji should find it in his best interests to strike…

“…Alright…but if this gets out…I will personally pull your pancreas up through your stomach and out your mouth. I’ll carefully carve out each rib and give them and the rest of your offal to Lee-baka so the mystery meat we’ll eat at your wake will be your liver, am I understood?” His eyes glimmered evilly with his blood limit.

Tenten gulped and nodded. He may have mellowed some since his fight against Naruto in the chuunin exams, but Neji-kun still had a certain flair with words.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“ ;So Hinata-chan liking you is not the problem. The problem in getting her to be more…assertive, ne?” Neji nodded.

“Right. She’s much too shy for her own good.”

“For her own good or for your good?”

He looked over curiously. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“I’m thinking that, although you really like Hinata-chan, deep down inside you have this…let’s say fetish for lack of a better word, for women who make the first move…who are more…heh heh…dominant. In fact, you might be a closet sadist. You’re drawn to Hinata-chan but you secretly want her to…”

“I think I’ve had enough of your assumptions. You’re treading on delicate ground Tenten.”

“I call them like I see them. In fact, I’d be willing to bet all of my weapons that every time you…ahem…dream of Hinata-chan, she’s on top, am I right?” He didn’t answer. He didn’t have to. An unfamiliar red tinge crept up from his collar. “Damn! You even blush the way she does!” The female Nin leaned close. “If it’s someone forceful you’re looking for then I’d have you know that I’m…” Neji growled softly and she retreated with a soft ‘eep’. “My advice, lay off her.”

“What?”

Tenten shrugged. “Let her know you’re quite willing to…do whatever it is you’ve fooled yourself into thinking. We both know it’s gonna end up in bed anyway. Let her know you’re there, and you’re waiting for her to make the first move. Then just wait. Hinata-chan’s problem is that people get tired of waiting for her to be brave, so they make whatever decisions she has to make for her. She needs someone who plans to sit back and watch until she makes her decision. And she needs to know that you aren’t going to make the decision for her. Sneak in something like a bold kiss, then give her space to react. She’ll come around, I guarantee it.”

“I’ll think about it.” He pushed himself up. “I’m leaving. I guess you want me to thank you for your mandatory advice…remember what I said will happen if this gets out.”

“You’re welcome Neji-kun. Take it seriously though; girls know these things.”

“I’ll think about it.”