Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Her Own Little World ❯ Unexpectedly ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
“Neji-kun?” Came a quiet voice. He looked up and gave a small smile when Hinata held up the teapot.
They once again drank their tea in silence, but a silence more comfortable than the one of the previous night. Hinata had produced a full spread tonight, and it wasn’t until he had the first few bites that Neji realized exactly how hungry he was. “Hinata-sama, this is amazing.” She blushed and ducked her head behind her hands.
“Th-thank you Neji-k-kun.” In the silence Tenten’s words came back to him. Hinata sat framed in the moonlight. Her body seemed to glow with a radiance that rivaled the silver floating in through the window. She realized he was staring and the gorgeous pink tinge flittered across her cheeks. Her hands shook slightly, daring Neji to reach across to still them. “N-Neji-kun? I…um…th-thought you could use…” Her voice pulled him out of his reverie.
“Yes?” She moved to the small stove and returned with a hot, damp towel.
“Father s-says it helps…w-with aching muscles.” She presented it to him with both hands, holding it above her head. Her eyes were closed in fear of rejection. Slowly she opened them when his hand covered hers. He wore his small smirk.
“Hinata-sama, my shoulders hurt too much from training. I can’t reach. If you would be so kind…” Her eyes widened at the implication.
“N-Neji-kun…”
“Please…&# 8221; After only a few moments of hesitation, Hinata nodded.
“Where does it hurt?” Quietly Neji chuckled.
“There’s one place in particular that hurts when you are this close to me Hinata-sama, but I honestly doubt you planned to put it there.”
“NEJI-KUN!” He glanced at her brilliant face.
“I was only joking Hinata-sama.” She nodded, not quite convinced.
“Um…I’ll h-have to t…take off your sh-shirt.” He didn’t resist as Hinata gently pried off his khaki shirt. She seemed to be taking extra care not to touch him…but every time her hands accidentally brushed against his skin, it aroused a clenching in his stomach. She unfolded the towel and gently draped it around his neck and down his shoulders and arms. Heat seeped into his tired muscles, forcing them to relax.
She had seen him without his shirt before. Even up to last night while he undressed at home he had taken off his shirt, knowing she was watching. But she could honestly say she had never been this close to him before…
She spotted the old scars in his body from dangerous missions…or from dangerous training, which was more likely to leave him injured. They seemed so much more painful up close. Hinata could barely resist pressing her lips to them…gingerly kissing away the tension… Mentally she slapped herself. Pay attention Hinata! Stop daydreaming! She wrapped the towel around him and allowed the heat to sooth him. It was a few moments before she realized that her hands never left him.
It had been a long time since his triceps did not scream at him in agony. But her tiny hands lingering on his back was torture enough. Slowly they slid up to his shoulders, softly massaging sore areas. Her hot breath tickled the back of his neck as she leaned toward him, forehead nearly resting on his back. Neji muffled an enraptured sigh, not wanting to interrupt the young Hyuga. But it was enough to break the illusion.
“Oh m-my…I’m s-so sorry!” She shot up and made as if to rush from the room as Neji snared her wrist.
“Hinata-sama…Hinata look at me.” Ashamed, her pale eyes rose to meet his. He did the only thing that came to his mind. He slowly pulled her to him and captured her mouth with his.
She managed a squeak, but it was lost somewhere between them. His arms encircled her waist as he pulled her in.
There were no fireworks, no jolts of electricity. It was just a simple kiss, lasting only a fraction of a second. It was a mere brush of the lips, yet when he pulled away he found Hinata trembling uncontrollably. He finally understood what it was like to be Hinata, always embarrassed. He found he could not force himself to meet her questioning gaze.
“Hinata-sama, my apologies. I will never take advantage of you like that again. Forgive me. I should go now.”
“No! Please Neji-kun, p-please stay. I-I don’t want you t-to go…” She wrung her hands nervously as he settled back down into his seat. By now the towel had gotten cold. “I’ll change th-that.” She rushed off to replace the towel with another one that had still been heating.
“Psst…ask him to do it again!” Hanabi’s head popped up following her loud whisper.
“Hanabi-chan! I told you n-not to stay o-outside my window!” The girl hopped in without invitation.
“Look Hinata-onesan, I know how much Neji-kun hates this topic, but you are of the Main House, and Neji-kun is of the Branch House. He is required to do everything you ask! So if you liked it…ask him to do it again…oh, and make it count this time. Don’t just stand there!” Hanabi shoved her sister a few steps closer. “Try it already! It’s obvious he wants to kiss you anyway. Do I have to do everything for you? There’s only so much a matchmaker can do!” Hinata glanced over shyly.
“N-Neji-kun?” His breath caught in his throat. Would she really… Her small hands rested lightly on his knees. “W-would you…”
“Is that an order Hinata-sama?”
“Yes!” Hanabi hissed in his ear. “Yes it is! Now move it and kiss already!”
“Hanabi-chan…” Hanabi rolled her eyes.
“Fine, I do all the work because the two of you are busy acting like six year old morons, and I get kicked out of the room every time things get good. I’ll leave, but you better make it fast! That’s perfectly good food you’re letting get cold!”
He pulled her to him again, caressing her small waist. She came easily, wrapping her arms around his neck. She blushed from her moment of boldness, causing him to smile. She was so irrationally shy…and unbelievably gorgeous.
Their lips brushed…
A giggle sounded from outside.
Hinata spun, and Neji could swear he saw murder in her eyes. A commotion in the bushes told him Hanabi had taken the smart way and run for her life.
“Hinata-sama, Hanabi-sama will be back. Perhaps some other time?” She sighed.
“O-of course…” He gave her a slight squeeze before allowing her to slip out of his lap. Damn…so close…how can I ever get the guts to ask him again…wait a minute! How did I get the guts today!?
Neji pulled on his shirt and disappeared out the window.
“One-san?”
“Hanabi-chan what the hell did you put in our drinks!?”
“It was just yours! He didn’t need it. You needed some encouraging! And even with the stuff you barely did anything.”
“Hanabi-chan, why are you being so…so…”
“Helpful?”
“I suppose you could call it that.”
“He and you will be head of the family and I won’t have to wear those stupid dresses and remember not to taunt the boring idiots who want to suck up to Hyuga. You two make a great couple…and father will lay off me if you marry someone who will make a strong head….”
Hinata glared.
“Alright, alright…if you marry him you’ll move with him to the suites in the other wing and I can have your room. Here, I’ll do the dishes. You go.”
“Go? Go where?”
“Don’t give me that Hinata-onesan. After tonight we both know what he’s going home to do. And we both know you’re dying to watch.”