Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Her Own Little World ❯ Morning After ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hinata moaned softly and rolled over, pulling the blanket over her head. Ow that hurts…why does my head feel like this? She breathed slowly to alleviate the pounding pressure. What could she possibly have eaten that would affect her like this? Realization dawned on her. “Hanabi-chan…” Whatever Hanabi had put in her drink apparently had nasty side effects. Groaning, she shoved herself up and tumbled out of the bed, landing in an unceremonious heap on the floor. She seemed to have left her stomach behind. Forcing herself to her feet was not the best of ideas. Her vision blurred and she stumbled to the side, barely holding herself up with the foot of the bed. Suddenly she felt a sour taste rising up to her mouth. She wobbled to the bathroom as fast as her feet could take her and violently threw up. Once she got her hands on Hanabi…
What could she have put in the drink?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
Hiashi raged and yelled at the timid servants cowering against the wall. Apparently someone stole a good amount of his sake the night before…
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
The sisters were alone at breakfast that morning. Hinata was less than pleasant company and Hanabi took it upon herself to announce to all present that it was *that* time of the month again. Hinata simply glared and mumbled something incoherent, wondering where exactly her nine-year-old sister managed to acquire such vast amounts of street smarts. The little girl was another who was underestimated. She was not as naïve as some thought. Finally the room cleared of servants and they could talk a bit more freely.
“So Hinata-chan, what did you see?” Hinata managed another glare and went back to desperately trying to keep from dropping her chopsticks. “Oh don’t be like that Onesan! If it wasn’t for me…”
“I wouldn’t have a hangover right now…”
“I didn’t know what it was. I just saw a lot of people drinking it and laughing. I figured it would help.” Somehow Hinata was not inclined to believe her. “Come on Hinata-chan! I know you saw something. Tell me, tell me pleeeeeeese?”
“I didn’t see anything.”
“Please, please, pleeeeease?”
“Hanabi I’m serious. He closed the window. And he would have sensed my Byakugan.” Hanabi’s face fell.
“Oh. Darn.” She shuffled away dejectedly.
Hinata was quite please with her ability to lie. At least, disguised in the haze of a hangover, it was impossible for her sister to guess she was lying. The truth was, he actually *did* close the window…but she had managed to get a peek in before…
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
Neji stared at his unfamiliarly dark ceiling. He had been forced to close the window last night. He couldn’t help it. Hinata’s newfound boldness made him a bit uneasy. Plus his guilty conscience was bothering him. He knew the moment he smelled the sake that he should have warned her…but he didn’t. and quite frankly, he’d do it again. He made a mental list. How to get Hinata to open up, number one: get her drunk…or at least tipsy. He leaned back and smiled, remembering last night.

*flashback
Silently Neji slid the door closed so as not to alert his mother. The first thing he did was check the walls. No light. He activated his Byakugan and found Hinata busy talking to her sister. He breathed a sigh of relief. He was safe…
He sank down on to his bed with a sigh. His arms felt amazing, no doubt due to her heat treatment. He smiled to himself. Her hands on his back…gently rubbing up and down his tired body. He remembered her body pressed close to his. He remembered that brief moment when her lips rested on his. He shivered involuntarily. Somehow it still smelled like she was there, touching him. Neji pulled his pillow to his chest.
“Hinata…” He reached down and loosened the clasp on the front of his pants before losing himself in her scent and memory…
-----------------
He moaned her name as his world exploded around him. He lay panting as his mind raced to catch up with his spent body. Hinata… damn he wished that it had really been her. Moonlight fell across his face and shock coursed through him. He had forgotten to shut the window! Hinata-sama! He shot up, only to find no circles of light on the wall. A quick check showed him no Byakugan was watching him either. He breathed a sigh of relief. She must have passed out from the sake. Just to be sure he activated his own blood limit.
Hinata sat on the floor of her room, her entire face a brilliant red. She seemed to be in a state of shock. Mentally Neji kicked himself. She had already changed for bed…her nightgown was on backwards and inside out, so Neji figured she had put it on in a daze…*after she saw him. That means she had stopped watching a while ago. She probably looked long enough to figure out what he was doing, then hurriedly stopped. The boy sighed. Even when no one was watching and she was inebriated to boot, even then she was much too shy. She woodenly brought the binoculars back up, most likely to see if he was done, still afraid he would detect her Byakugan. She realized he was staring back at her and blushed even harder as the device slipped from her hands. Neji closed the window…well scratch drunk off the list…it doesn’t help…
He glanced over his shoulder. Damn…now he had to change the sheets…
*end flashback

“Well…” he pushed himself up. “Time to head out.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
He couldn’t help but wonder what the hell was wrong with Tenten. When the others left Neji decided to head back to the Hyuga family house to train. The moment he picked up his kunai his teammate set on him. She grabbed him wordlessly and simply stared into his eyes. She stayed like that for a full minute.
“Do I even want to know what you’re doing?” She breathed in deeply, held the breath, then let it out with a sigh.
“Damn you Neji, you didn’t take my advice.” She drew in another deep breath then shook her head. “You men are hopeless.” Tenten pulled back, satisfied she was right.
“I usually find it hard to understand you…but today its even more difficult than usual.”
She put her hands on her hips. “Isn’t it obvious? Hinata uses an expensive type of soap that has a delicate smell of sakura blossoms.”
“And?”
“And you don’t smell like sakura blossoms!!! That means that you and Hinata-chan didn’t go last night and…”
“If you say that out loud I swear I’ll slit your stomach and let the acid burn away at your intestines until you die of blood loss.”
“Okay…right. Topic of Neji and Hinata is officially off limits. Got it.” He turned and stormed away. “Just try Neji! If she doesn’t feel you’re willing she’s gonna pull back!” He didn’t even slow down. “Men…” she muttered, “so hard headed…”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Neji fumed silently. What the hell is wrong with that girl? Ever since she found out she wouldn’t leave him alone. He vaguely wondered how much worse it would get if he told the others, just to get Tenten off his back. Finally he decided that putting up with her was the lesser of two evils. He glanced up at the sky. Good, there were a few hours of sunlight left.