Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ His and Her Bone of Contention ❯ The Trout's on Fire! ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Nope, I don't own Naruto. He's not really my type anyway. . .heheh
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Summary: There are NaruHina moments, Neji shows off his culinary skills, and hints of NaruSaku.
 
 
 
There they were, together in the most unexpected situation possible, but both sharing a comfortable presence.
 
 
Enjoy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
OUT.”
 
“Noway!”
 
“Haruno, I said `Out.'”
 
“I promise I'll do it perfectly the next time!”
 
“Get. Out. Of the. Kitchen.”
 
Sakura fumed; pouting exaggeratedly, growling irritably, and stupidly challenging Neji into a glaring contest.
 
Being a pro at this particular gesture, he accepted by coldly staring down at her scrunched up face.
 
To have the infamous “Hyuu-g'lare” directed straight at you is sure to be a most dreadful experience, but unfortunately for him, it doesn't work on everybody. Sakura stood there on her tip-toes, clenching a dirtied spatula, with a tomato and basil sauce dripping from her own apron and squinted bitterly right back at Neji.
 
When she had asked to help, he wanted to refuse due to the fact that he didn't like working with others around the kitchen but, since it was her kitchen, he was generous enough to let her make the dressing.
 
Of course, Sakura was a full-fledged retard when it came to cooking, even though many should admire her great determination and head-strong willingness, there are always boundaries unto what you are capable of doing.
 
First of all, she almost chopped off her own pinky while trying to dice the tomatoes and peppers. To be titled as a high ranking medic and shinobi, she really is quite pathetic with a kitchen knife. And so our ever humble (though highly agonized) Hyuuga decided to help the pitiful girl.
 
Sakura `Ooh'-ed and `Aah'-ed at how the blade would seemingly glide over the shiny green skin of a bell pepper, and when he removed his steady hand it would suddenly burst into dozens of neatly cut fragments. He then explained the difference between `mashing' a pepper into some sort of paste, and `dicing' a pepper into solid pieces. She nodded her head eagerly, trying to soak in his wisdom.
 
However, Neji's infinite patience isn't all that limitless after all, for when Sakura tried tossing the vegetables together along with the basil and sunflower oil he had told her to use, she ended up making a very greasy `soup' with it and accidentally knocked the brimming bowl into her tiled floor, hence shattering the porcelain into edged parts.
 
“You can't kick me out of my own kitchen!”
 
“If I let you `assist' any further, then you may end up not having a kitchen at all.” Now more than agitated, Neji's thorough training in courtesy was wearing down quickly and his masked irritation was surfacing.
 
“Just because you think you're some hotshot --”
 
GRUMBLE GRUMBLE
 
Neji's face stayed indifferent but he instantly turned the other way.
 
“What--what was that?” The nosey girl tilted her head in curiosity, and smiled with great mirth.
 
“Nothing you should be concerned about.” His hands automatically grabbed the handle of a pan and flipped their sizzling trout with great showmanship, “If you want dinner then please leave.”

“Hun, when was the last time you had a decent meal?” She now took on a more subtle approach, that of which she commonly uses in the hospital.
 
“I'll call for you when everything's prepared,” he sprinkled salt and seasoning on top of the fish.
 
“I hope you don't forget that you're still one of my patients,” she said arching both brows.
 
“Your service as a doctor is much appreciated,” he flipped the salmon once more, then turned down the heat from the stove.
 
“Mm, thank you,” she watched as a drop of sweat crawl lazily down from the side of his temple, moistening his ivory skin.
 
The girl wondered though, `Surely he's sweating from the burner's heat, or is he really that embarrassed about that little mishap?'
 
“As your physician, I suggest that you at least try eating something light in the morning, then after training take another snack,” she was partly teasing him since Sakura knew that he hated being told what to do, but as the all-around good medic, he needed a reminder once in a while, “I know that you don't have enough time to eat every meal in the day, but if you don't start using that talent of yours to your own benefit I'm afraid all that muscle will waste away even before you become a grandfather.”
 
He didn't reply, just continued making a scrumptious-looking meal.
 
Sakura was about to call out another taunt, but when Neji flipped the fish one last time, an extremely mouth-watering aroma immersed the kitchen and she was in a complete trance.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Neji predicted that she would have something else to say, but when she stayed silent he couldn't help but turn around and wonder why.
 
There she sat, watching him create something spectacular with a pair of green, desiring eyes and with the slight licking of her rosy lips.
 
It took him a moment to realize that he was still staring at her, and for some reason, her expression made him heat up just a bit more. That hungry look of Sakura's made his mind wander off to think of subjects unassociated with food.
 
Neji! The trout's on fire!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There they were, together in the most unexpected situation possible, but both sharing a comfortable presence.
 
Sakura didn't notice the genuine smile she was displaying; for some reason the atmosphere seemed to lighten-up and the delicious scent he was creating made the whole house seem cozy. Something about the whole setting reminded her dearly of her parents and though they have long gone, she always has the image of their lively faces.
 
She could just imagine her mother picking out a flower from her garden and displaying it on the table as their centerpiece, then updating her about the latest rumors around the neighborhood.
 
Her father would be nagging about Neji's cooking and reviling him throughout the whole process, but would most likely end up loving the dish anyway.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
With his back towards her, the Hyuuga chef didn't realize that his usually stiff lips were ever-so-slightly curled into a blissful expression.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Hey, I think I should get going,” Naruto noticed how dark the sky was becoming outside.
 
“Um…well, are you sure you don't want to-uh-stay for…dinner?” Hinata had been planning on trying out a new recipe she found yesterday while grocery shopping. She came across a book of `Simple and Savory' dishes and one, she thought, would suit Naruto's taste very well, besides, she already had all the ingredients.
 
Noticing her slight hint of disappointment, Naruto was quick to apologize, “Ah, don't worry! Tomorrow I'll come back and maybe we could--uhm--go somewhere together!” He scratched his nose embarrassingly, even though everyone in Konoha knew they were going out and spend almost every waking moment with each other, “Sakura-chan wants to discuss some stuff with me about my next mission, and it's really complicated stuff! So she really wants to drill it into my brain, hah!” The blonde gave his skull a light tap, implying how thick headed he was (in both senses).
 
“Of course! Sakura-chan is very trustworthy and it must be necessary. Please take care, Naruto-kun.” Again, even though they've been dating and only Naruto's dense mind is what's preventing their relationship to escalate any further, Hinata was still being unnaturally polite. She walked him to the front porch and gave a small bow.
 
“You really don't need to be so proper with me!” In return, Naruto rapidly bowed several times, and before he left, he gave the Hyuuga princess a peck on the cheek.
 
As usual, Hinata would turn a variety of reds and come near to fainting. Naruto chuckled handsomely at her expected reaction, holding her up since her knees grew weak. However, their light embrace was only making his girlfriend even more embarrassed.
 
Feeling extremely brave, Naruto faced Hinata directly and slowly drew his lips toward hers.
 
She gave a quick gasp when she realized what he was doing, but she too gathered up all her courage, and closed her eyes, anticipating his kiss.
 
“Naruto-san, that would be more than enough!”
 
“UWAH!”
 
The two instantly separated themselves at an excessively large distance.
 
Hiashi's familiar gruffness came booming from behind the open door, “It is late, and surely Miss Haruno is awaiting your presence for your mission analysis.”
 
“S-Somimasen, Hi-Hiashi-sa-sa-sama!” Now it was the Uzumaki's turn to stutter uncontrollably.
 
“Oto-sama!” Hinata's face a blazing red.
 
“Oyasuminasai!” `Good-night!' The Head already shooing him away.
 
“Hai! Oyasumi, Hiashi-sama!” After bowing more than necessary, and stealing a quick good-bye to Hinata, he left bolting out of the Hyuuga compound.
 
His girlfriend watched as he left a trail of dust behind him, giving a soft giggle.
`I am so fortunate to have Naruto-kun,' her blush still glowing upon her cheeks.
 
“Uzumaki-san is a good man,” Hiashi noticed his daughter's dainty expression, always enjoying the look of her happy face, “You are quite fortunate, my dear.”
 
Hinata was immensely startled. Finally, after much convincing, her father has accepted Naruto, and to also voice out her exact thoughts! Things were going so well.
 
She smiled sweetly as she followed Hiashi back into the house for dinner.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sakura and Neji sat silently across from each other at her dining table. Neither made a move, just sitting there with their backs straight, looking down at Neji's home-cooking.
 
`Should I take a bite first?' Sakura began to fluster , `No! The male should always begin the meal first, right?'
 
//Gah! I'm just hungry, eat it already! Eat it! Yosh!//
 
`Why is she just sitting there? Lady's first, am I right?' Neji stared calmly at a rather distressed Haruno, `She seems to have a lot on her mind.' He just sat there, casually watching her constantly changing expressions. `Curious. Confused. Bewildered. Hungry. Tired. Concerned…hmm, Frantic again.' He named each one silently in his mind, and took a reasonable amount of entertainment from Sakura while she continued to grow insane.
 
`Wow, this really looks delicious! But I wonder if he put anything strange in here…' Her experienced eyes darted all around the fried rice, over the zucchini, under the scallop, and beside the shrimp. `I don't know…' she squinted her eyes suspiciously, `Surely he'd take advantage of this to payback for the painful torture I put him through during his previous check-ups.'
 
“There is no poison whatsoever,” Neji reading her mind clearly, “Does it look that unappetizing that you become suspicious?”
 
“Mah! Not at all!,” she bellowed heartily; completely erasing her hesitant expression, and shaking her head frenziedly, “Actually, it looks really good.” She picked up her chopsticks and began stirring the rice around, mixing it with the vegetables and seafood, “Tell me, why did you refuse my offer earlier--then come back here, and to cook us both dinner no less!”
 
He too picked up a longer pair of Sakura's wooden chopsticks.
 
“Itadakimasu,” they both said in unison.
 
Sakura picked up a zucchini, but waited for Neji's reply. After a while she thought, `Geez, he sure does take his time…' So much so that Sakura began to wonder if he heard her at all.
 
She watched as he ate steadily, in an almost robotic manner. Unintentionally, her eyes trailed to his slender yet masculine fingers, which gripped her chopsticks firmly. Her attention then crawled up to meet his face, still having no expression; eyes concentrated on the food, and mouth chewing politely. Much to her discomfort, she noticed his thin and tender-looking lips, and her mind instantly got side-tracked, wondering just how tender those lips were.
 
Before she could totally pummel herself into these obnoxious thoughts, she cleared her throat and asked once more, “Well? Aren't you going to answer?”
 
Another long silence followed, with Neji continuing to eat and Sakura trying to not stare. It wasn't everyday that she had a guest like Neji.
 
//Tsk tsk tsk, Saa-kuu-raa// Her inner self came back, drawling out her own name //We really need to get out more. I mean, look at us; getting giddy just by a Hyuuga--Che!//
 
She couldn't agree more.
 
“By the time I returned home, Naruto was still there and I have had more than my share of aggravation towards that person,” he took a sip of his jasmine tea, “Like I said, I remembered your invitation, and decided to come.”
 
Sakura hadn't heard him say this much all at one time, other than at an ANBU meeting she helped out with him. A few selected medics had to participate at a mission with the ANBU, and she was able to eavesdrop a bit on his little speech.
 
This was probably the first time she had really heard him talk about something that didn`t concern his injuries, training, or murdering.
 
That was also most likely the first time that she took any notice of Neji as man, not as a patient nor a human-killing machine.
 
Part of her mind was still pondering on her little flashback, so without realizing it, she picked up a piece of the trout and stuffed it in her mouth with no hesitation.
 
All of a sudden, every single one of her thoughts dispersed. Her fingers trembled, almost dropping her chopsticks. She continued to chew gradually, almost in slow-motion.
 
Finally, a faint GULP was heard, and Sakura's green orbs turned rather misty.
 
“Oishii!” `Delicious!' she said in a hushed tone.
 
“I`m glad you find it edible,” he responded with unintentional sarcasm.
 
She was so concentrated on the food now that his comment was completely condoned, “It's--This is absolutely scrumptious, Neji-san,” her chopsticks darted from this plate to that, from sauce to bowl, then in her mouth. This pattern would alternate after a few times, but with much increase in velocity.
 
`Neji-san,' he repeated in his head, `'Seems she becomes honest when it comes to food.'
 
Sakura had stopped praising him when she concluded that it was beyond her abilities to talk and fill her mouth at the same time.
 
All the while, Neji hid his small simper by simply sipping his soup. (A/N: Tongue Twister!)
 
They ate comfortably, one at either end of the small table, each enjoying this rare, yet pleasing, moment together (though neither will admit that).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
`Heheh, Hinata kawaii, na!' Naruto skipped merrily down the dimming roads of Konoha with his orange jacket swung over his shoulder like a happy school-boy. Right when Naruto started down the main street leading to their house, he abruptly caught the heavenly scent of Neji's grilled sesame trout and seafood fried rice. Immediately, his mouth began to quiver and drool. `Sakura-chan~! That better be coming from our house!' As he drew closer to his destination, the smell grew even stronger, `Eeh~, Sakura-chan, you're the best! Hahah!'
 
The hungry blonde charged through the front door and straight into the source of the divine aroma, “Itadakimasu!” `Thanks for the food'
 
Both heads snapped towards the intruder and Naruto's brilliant face slowly turned into that of pure shock.
 
“What the fuck is he doing here?!” He pointed a callused finger straight at Neji's forehead.
 
“Oh, well, Hyuuga-san's our guest for this evening, eheheh,” Sakura expected this kind of reaction from him, but she certainly was interested in how this dinner will come along, “I know, I was surprised that he's here too, but don't be rude. Come on over and eat with us.”
 
Naruto let his finger drop beside him but couldn't help scowling at Neji as he continued to eat his egg soup. “Che,” was all he could muster.
 
Their table was rather small, only fit for 4 people, so Naruto`s options were to either sit next to Neji`s left side or Neji`s right side, and he didn`t like neither one of the choices. Sakura then handed him a pair of chopsticks, poured him a bowl of egg soup, and a plate.
 
“There you go,” she said lightly, “It's really good, I'm sure you'll like it!”
 
“Heh, well if Sakura-chan says so, then this must really be delicious!” He inhaled it's warm fragrance, slowly savoring the wondrous concoction…then chugged it down and asked for seconds that is.
 
“Eeh, Naruto, eat the rest of your dinner before you ask for seconds, you greedy hog,” Sakura scoffed.
 
“Alright, alright,” he sighed and looked around the table. `Ooh, Everything looks so good! Sakura-chan must really love me to cook so much food! Good thing, I didn't eat at Hinata's or else--but nah, there's always room for Sakura-chan's cooking!' He moistened his lips then dived for the grilled trout, chomped down some rice, and to everyone's surprise, even ate his vegetables!
 
Within the midst of chewing on a tomato, Sakura smiled at Neji, “You're a real miracle worker--took me a whole month just to get him to eat his carrots!”
 
Now chewing on a rather large piece of trout, he asked, “Hm? Did he help you cook all this?”
 
“You know how pathetic I am when it comes to cooking…” Sakura gave him a rather embarrassed grin, “Hyuuga-san cooked everything we've eaten!”
 
Naruto was just about to swallow when he suddenly heard that last line, “Mph!” and the trout flew from his mouth, almost as though it were alive again. “You better not have put anything funny in that fish, pretty boy!” He pointed a chopstick to his poker face.
 
“Naruto! Calm down, what's gotten into you!?” Sakura grabbed the sticks away from him, “He's our guest, you're being ridiculous!”
 
“Sakura--,” he looked at her hesitantly but when she saw that upset grimace of hers, the blond erased all his uncertainty, “Gomen na, Neji.” He sat back down and gave his back a playful slap, making him almost choke on his string bean, then displayed an apologetic grin.
 
`I never did like this guy too much. Geez, how can I trust an ANBU?!' He still had selfish doubts about him but, `He fought damn hard back then during Sasuke's retrieval mission…mah, I guess he's okay, as long as he's not puttin' on any moves on Sakura-chan, hah.' All of his negative dislikes soon vanished, and Naruto had that same goofy smile on his face again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Once Sakura noticed how quickly he switched his mood, she replaced her frown with a bright smile and instantly remembered why she loved him so.
 
Ever since Sasuke left, it was he who stayed beside her the whole time, and that was the time when she discovered just how loveable this blonde Uzumaki was. He was both the little and the older brother she never had. To Sakura, it was a period when she couldn't fully trust anyone, but Ino and Naruto made her realize that Sasuke wasn't her true love after all. She learned to let go, move on, and appreciate the people who are around her instead of clinging onto the one guy who never really cared.
 
Though he still acts like an overgrown child, Naruto has developed into an impressive man and he always has such a comforting aura surrounding him, one that just makes her want to pinch his cheeks and give him a tight hug.
 
Every time he grins, it never fails to give her such great grief and joy. Knowing that he has strived through more than she could imagine, and still be able to show a genuine smile, it only rekindles the fire that raises her spirits, reminding her that she must move forward and enjoy what she has now.
 
“You shouldn't act so tough around your future cousin-in-law, ne, Naruto?”
 
“A-ah! Sa-Sakura-chan, what are you saying?,” Naruto already looked flustered.
 
“Tch, your density cannot be any thicker,” she smiled to herself.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The dinner consisted of Naruto talking about his morning with Hinata and the training he had afterwards with Jiraiya, then the lunch he had with Iruka and why he had to empty out his wallet in order to treat his ex-sensei out for ramen.
 
“He says that I always let others pay for my food! I mean, can you believe that?,” he kept on a mocking tone .
 
“Ah, but Iruka-sensei is right! I can't think of a time when you paid for yourself willingly. So cheap, ne?”
 
“Gentlemen shouldn't act so dishonorable,” Neji would add a few thoughts here and there too.
 
“Che! Not every guy's a tight-ass, rich boy like you!” He crossed his arms and gave an ignorant pout, “but, Sakura-chan, don't you remember that time I took you out for dinner, hmm?”
 
“Honto ni?” She peered her eyes at Naruto, “Oh! Haha, of course! That was the day after we moved in together. Goodness, I was so shocked when you actually suggested that it was your treat that time! I even checked your head if anything went wrong!”
 
They shared a good laugh, with Sakura's face flushing red and tears swelling from the sides of her apple eyes. Neji could only bestow a simple half-smirk.
 
`She cries when she laughs; how odd,' he would come across new aspects of her, each one more amusing than the previous, and there was this unusual feeling of wanting to uncover the rest of Haruno Sakura.
 
However, this small gesture didn't go unnoticed. When Sakura turned her head to wipe a wet drop, she caught the sight of Neji not looking like a totally stiff statue, and that my friend is a once in a life-time occasion for your fellow shinobi.
 
He had on this wonderful look of ease and contempt that made Sakura smile all the more. His eyes were relaxed, not appearing to be extremely cautious and alert like usual. Even Neji's posture seemed comfortable and slacked, and she enjoyed seeing this less-strained side of him. She didn't want to ruin the moment, so she just pretended not to see and continued giggling at another one of Naruto's rants.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“It's getting late, I should be on my way now,” Neji said as he looked out the window.
 
“Yeah, that'd be a good idea,” Naruto joked.
 
“I'll walk you outside, Hyuuga,” Sakura offered. As Neji prepared to leave, she gave Naruto a signal to clean up the dishes.
 
`I don't want to!' he mouthed silently.
 
`Get your ass in the kitchen!' she pointed a firm finger towards the sink.
 
“Uh…yes, I'll be leaving now…” Neji interrupted their game of charades.
 
“Of course! The door's right here…” Sakura made her way through the living room, “but then again, you already know that now don't you…” she added under her breath.
 
“Pardon?” he asked even if he did hear most of what she said.
 
“Kinasai!” `Come!' she blissfully ignored him and made her way out the front.
 
Once outside, “Wow, I didn't think it would be this cold out here…do you want to borrow a robe?”
 
“No, I'll be fine, thank you.”
 
“If you're sure…”
 
No response.
 
“Thank you so much for dinner! I don't think I've eaten anything so good ever since Oto-san passed away!”
 
“…You're welcome.” That surprised him somewhat--for her to be able to speak of her parents in such a carefree manner.
 
“Goodness, it's pretty dark out here, you sure you'll be alright?” She peered curiously at the dark sky.
 
“…Yes, I'll be fine by myself,” he said awkwardly. `She does realize that I'm an ANBU, right?'
 
“If you want, I can walk you home--”
 
“No!” His voice raising unintentionally. He cleared his throat and tried again, “Thank you for your hospitality and kindness, I'll be on my way now.” `Kami, why is she so persistent?'
 
“Okay…I just thought that it'd be nice to say `Hello' to Hinata-san…” her voice trailed off.
 
“Oh…if that's the case then--” Now feeling rather guilty.
 
“I'm only kidding!” She broke into another light chuckle.
 
Neji was unbelievably confused, and speechless. No matter what he did, however much he tried, he just couldn't keep up with this woman! He wasn't sure what to think, nor what was going on in that pink head of hers.
 
“Tell Hinata-san that I have that recipe she asked for, please,” she requested with another one of her wide smiles.
 
“Mm…” was the only response he could settle on.
 
Though Neji was exhausted, he had to admit that this afternoon was one of the more…eventful days throughout his entire week. It's been quite a while since he had his last mission, so spending dinner at Haruno's was a bit more entertaining that he'd originally predicted.
 
With that in thought, “I had an enjoyable afternoon, and I hope you and Naruto did as well. I also appreciate your acceptance in my cooking and dining at your house. Sleep well, Sakura,” he ended with a humble bow and a faint smirk.
 
Wavered by his sudden burst of courtesy, and his oh-so-casual use of her name, Sakura bowed back artlessly, “Aa, thank you for dinner, it was…lovely.”
 
He gave one final nod, turned around and began a steady strut that made him superior to whatever else was lurking out at night. As he walked farther, it almost seemed as though he were floating on top of the ragged dirt, complete with his creamy-white attire and silken hair--like some sort of dangerously beautiful apparition.
 
When his figure was nothing but a white speck, a large hand gripped her chilled shoulder, expelling a roll of heat to tingle along the side of her neck. “I never thought Hyuuga Neji would end up becoming our personal chef…life really is full of unexpected things, hah,” Naruto stared down at the sweet smile Sakura was unaware of.
 
“Ditto.” She closed her eyes and breathed in the brisk air while Naruto gently rubbed his palms along her arms, his fingers emitting heat itself.
 
The night dropped down a few more degrees and they decided to retreat into the warmth of their home.
 
After cleaning up the table and drying the dishes, Sakura began her discussion over Naruto's upcoming mission. Tsunade had requested that she explain to him exactly what he was to do since Sakura seemed to understand the `Naruto' language better than anyone, which was to put everything in utmost simplicity and directly to the point.
 
Even so, Naruto still had a tough time paying attention, his mind would constantly wander off into unrelated thoughts; like Hinata for instance. “Naruto! I've been talking to you for half an hour now, did you even hear what I just said?!”
 
He dragged out a tired moan and said, “I'm really sorry, but I already know all this stuff! I'm not stupid!”
 
That last remark made Sakura's lip twitch into a smile, “Then why don't you recite to me the position you and your team will be in at the enemy's grounds?”
 
“Uhh…I'll be…hiding along the trees?” He racked his brain for anything she mentioned during her thirty-minute speech.
 
“Which one?” She challenged him.
 
“…The green one?” He gave up.
 
“Naruto!” She gave him a good slap upside the head, “You should at least pretend like you were paying attention. Don't be arrogant about your skills or you'll end up killing your squad!”
 
“Sorry, Sakura-chan! But you worry too much, you always act like you have no confidence in me,” he rubbed his hair tentatively, “Every time I have a mission, you scold me like this; it's like tradition or something…”
 
She sighed and pressed a glowing finger over Naruto's hand, healing the slight sting of his head. “Better paranoid than careless.”
 
Her chakra pulsated heat into his skull, almost lulling him to sleep.
 
“If I lost you too…” Sakura's chakra slowly faded into a halt and her hand then gripped his shoulder, “…Just…stay safe--for me.” Her voice low and smooth.
 
He waited for the tears--her tears--but none came, for they had dried and wasted a long time ago.
 
He pulled her gently to him, embraced her warmly and trailed his digits along her spine. Sakura would gradually ease into his touch and relax her rigid muscles. She let her hand slide off his shoulder and use Naruto's broad chest as a cushion. She took deep, deliberate breathes; each one flooding her senses with his masculine scent, then closed her eyes.
 
It was times like this that reminded Sakura how eternally grateful she was for the comfort and support of Naruto. Though not only him but those closest to her: Kakashi, Ino, Tsunade, and everyone else who have still managed to stay alive.
 
She slept that night free of delusions and unwanted memories, but just the hollow emptiness of slumber. Numbness consumed her entire body and mind, while her thoughts slipped into a placid dream.
 
 
 
“Sleep well, Sakura…”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: For those who have been unbelievably patient with me, Thank you so very much!
 
I love every single one of your reviews, so if you have any recommendations or suggestions unto what I can do to better your reading experience; let me hear it! I do not appreciate rude comments that have no real critique, or any of the sort. Other than that, I hope most of you enjoy the rest of HHBC.