Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ I want to be with you always ❯ Sorrow ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9:
~ Sorrow ~
 
its been three days after naruto has fallen into the cliff. Tsunade prepared a interment for naruto.
It's a very gloomy day in konoha. Clouds are grayish in color as if it's gonna rain cats and dogs all day.
All of the Town people that know naruto are all gloomy. The funeral will be held 5:00 in the afternoon
 
Sasuke was told to go to the office of tsunade. He was ordered to write a full report of what happened.
Meanwhile sakura went out of her house to buy a flower for the funeral later on. As she walked along the outskirts of the town several people was talking about naruto. “It's a good thing that boy died” one of the middle-aged women mention. “Yes you're definitely right about that, now konoha will never be in danger anymore because of that boy” another old guy answered. That made sakura really mad. She walks towards the two bystanders ready to slap them on the face. She raises her left arm, but someone holds her hands and stopping him. “Doing that won't solve anything” the guy said. Sakura looked into the person that stops her.
“Sasuke?” he immediately said. Sasuke just smile's back in return. They walk together towards the alley, no one even dare's to start a conversation they just walk along the alley together, not even a single word.
“This is my destination, see you later sakura…” sasuke gloomily said. Sakura just bogusly smiles back in return. Sasuke head towards the hokage's office while sakura stroll towards the yamanaka flower shop.
“WEL—come to our shop oh, its you sa—kura…..” ino mutely welcomes the familiar customer. “G—good morning ino, I'm here to buy some flower of naruto's funeral this afternoon” she replied like it didn't bother her, but ino easily see thru her, “her act was so fake, she's still not good in hiding her feelings” ino thinks to herself.
 
“Sasuke came back but in exchange naruto died. It must be really hard for her….maybe I should be more nicer to her…” ino thinks to herself while she watched sakura.
 
“Ino? Hey ino!?”
“huh? Wh—what is it?” gets back into reality
“How much for these?”
“For what, oh right the flower….hehe *sweat drop* wait a minute”
“geez ino, what's gotten into you?”
“That I'll be $100”
“here”
 
Sakura pass the full amount to ino. She instantly put the money in the beneath the table. “W—well then, see you later sakura…” ino mutely said in hesitation “Sure!” sakura replied then fakely smiles while she walk away… “You smile is still pathetic you idiot…” ino thinks to herself with a deep sympathy to sakura.
Sakura head back home after she bought some flowers. She hastily walk towards her room. She then quickly looked for a vase to put the flowers that she bought. After awhile she finds a vase in the table of her room.
 
As she walk towards the table, she notice the picture of team seven back when they still complete. She just stare at the picture for quite a moment. Then suddenly sakura feels a rush of mixed emotions upon her. She grabs the picture as she lean into the corner of the bed and starts to cry.
 
“You idiot, why do you have to leave me? You promised that you'll come back to me!”
“YOU BAKA! BAKA. Baka…baka…” she looked again at the picture.
“Bring back my idiot-naruto….” Then she cried endlessly at her room while embracing the picture really tight. She cried loudly at her room.
 
----------------------at the hokage's office----------------------------
 
“WHAT DID YOU SAY!?” jiraiya shouted at tsunade. A huge disbelief was in jiraiya's face.
“If that's a joke tsunade then it not funny, NOT FUNNY AT ALL!”
“You know me better than anyone else jiraiya, I don't joke at that kinds of things, naruto's dead” tsunade coldly replied.
“TELL ME NOW TSUNADE, WHO'S THE ONE RESPONCIBLE FOR KILLING NARUTO TELL ME,
THAT UCHIHA KID!? OROCHIMARU!? OR THE AKATSUKI TELL ME!! TELL ME NOW!!” jiraiya hit the table really hard because of his frustration. He could not believe that her favorite apprentice has died.
 
“Calm your self jiraiya….” Tsunade silently replied
 
“CALM YOURSELF!? HOW CAN I CALM MY MYSELF AFTER I'VE HEARED THAT MY APPRENTICE HAS DIED, NOW TELL ME HOW CAN I BE CALM AT A SITUATION LIKE THIS!!”
 
“I SAIIIID CALM YOURSELF!!!!” tsunade stands up from he hokage's chair then swiftly punches the table in front of her. The table was cut into two pieces. Jiraiya became speechless on what tsunade did; tsunade was more upset than jiraiya.
 
“DO YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE THAT'S BEEN UPSET ON THE DEATH OF UZUMAKI NARUTO!?” jiraiya remain speechless in the situation.
 
“AFTER YOU KNOWED WHO THE KILLER IS JIRAIYA, WHAT WILL YOU DO THEN? RUSH THERE LIKE AN IDIOT AND KILLED EVERYONE THAT YOU'VE SPOTTED!? DO YOU THINK NARUTO WILL BE HAPPY ON THAT!?” tsunade shouted on her office really loud. After the shouting she just falls down at the floor and starts crying. She puts her hands on her face; jiraiya lowers his head and starts to sob”
Time went by easily at konoha. The time is 4:50 and a lot of people that knows naruto are gathering up at the center of the village where the funeral has been held. Sasuke was just looks from the distance feeling grief on his best friend. He blames himself for the death of naruto. “He's the only one who accepted me for who I am…naruto” he lowers his head. “You're the only one that I know who cared for me the most, you're willing to give up your life in order to save me…and how did I repay you…” sasuke hits the wall right next to him
 
A man suddenly stands on his back. “Long time no see….sasuke” sasuke promptly recognized the voice of the guy right in the back. Without looking he already knows who the person is “Kakashi-sensei…”
 
Kakashi just sits in the back while reading his usual fav. Book. Sasuke notices that kakashi isn't wearing his usual jounin outfit. He was wearing a black dress with a collar in his neck.
 
“so are you going to the funeral sasuke?” sasuke coldly replied “No, I am not..”
“Is that so?”
“Kakashi-sensei you'd better go, you're gonna be late…”
“oh yeah, I almost forgot thank you for reminding” kakashi then stands up and walk towards sasuke he holds sasuke's shoulders softly
 
“Don't blame yourself sasuke, it's not your fault…” tears dripped down sasuke's eyes instantly after hearing what kakashi said to him. He lowered his head and starts to sob. Kakashi just leave sasuke and head towards the funeral.
 
Meanwhile the funeral was starting and the people that were close to naruto is one by one saying their speech on naruto. Sakura did not attend the ceremony like sasuke. The fifth hokage started first. She put a flower into the coffin of naruto the walk towards the stage.
 
Tsunade speak in a sadly tone of voice. “In this very moment, we are commemorating the death of one of the best ninja in our village. Uzumaki naruto” she pauses for awhile then starts to speak again “Uzumaki Naruto was the one that inspired me to become the fifth hokage of this village. If it wasn't for him I would still living in the past.” Tears fell of the eyes of tsunade “He was the one that teaches me that everything's possible if you believe that it will happen. He was the one that teaches me to fight my fears” she pauses again then wipes the tears in her face then walks down the stage. The next one to speak is Iruka. He slowly walk towards the stage to begin his speech.
 
 
“I watched that boy grew since he was in the academy. Even despite the fact that a lot of people despise him. He never bear grudge among these people. I remember one day some kids are bullying him, even though he was badly beaten up he just smiles back to them after what they did to him. Naruto was a very kind and passionate boy. He always said that he was going to be a hokage someday….but that someday is now gone…”
he pauses for awhile to regain his composure “N—naruto teaches me to never gave up on your dream, no matter how hard it is you must always pursue your dream” iruka couldn't hold off his feeling much longer he just burst in tear for awhile then walks down to the stage.
 
The next one is neji. He walks towards the stage with a great façade. “Naruto is the one that teaches me that even if you got defeated, that doesn't mean that it's all over. He teaches me that every lost that you take is also a step towards success” he lowered his head as he walks down the stage.
 
The next one is hinata, she shyly walk towards the stage. Her eyes were sore and her voice was timid “umm… n-naruto-kun teaches me to become confident to myself” she then pauses for a second to wipe the tears on her face “I always admire naruto-kun ever since, he always looks on the positive side of life, he always tries her best to be recognized by the citizens of the village. He also teaches me the importance of friendship, naruto-kun is always willing to gave up his life in order to save his friends and that's what I admire in him the most.
Naruto-kun will always be in my heart. I will never forget him for the rest of my life….” She burst into tears ad she walks down the stage.
 
Meanwhile sasuke stroll in the village. He pass by the academy…her eyes were caught up by a tree behind the academy. It used to be the place where he always practices his kunai throwing. He also notices the swing in the back of the academy. “Naruto was always there alone…….like me…” he thought. Afterwards he left the academy and continued to leisurely walk in konoha. “sasuke?” he quickly look for the person that said that.
He recognizes a girl that was sitting on a bench. “S—sakura? What are you doing here? Why aren't you at the funeral of naruto?” sasuke concernedly asked.
 
“Well, im scared to accept that naruto-kun was……dead. What about you? Why didn't you attend?”
Sakura sorrowfully asked sasuke.
 
“I have my issues….by the way, here...” he grabs a for head protector on his pocket and hands it over to sakura
 
“What's this?” sakura inspect the forehead protector that sasuke give into her.
 
“That's the only thing that they found beneath the cliff where naruto fall. I believe tsunade-sama doesn't need that any longer so instead of throwing it away, its better if you keep it until he came back…”
 
“came back? What do you mean sasuke, that naruto isn't dead yet?” sakura replied with a great aggravation
in her face.
 
“I just have the feeling that he not dead yet, think of this sakura if he died then his corpse should be around the river, and if it was drifted along the waves then you can easily find it in the lake in the bottom of the river right?”
 
Sakura just lean her head on the bridge. “I thought we three will be reunited….but this happened….” Sakura plunge into the ground and burst into tears. She just cry and cry, sasuke lowered his head and started to sob; Tears also seep into his eyes he just lean down in front of sakura and embrace her. Sakura clings into him with deep sorrow. “I missed him very much….i cannot live without him……naruto, hold me again in your arms…touch me again….bring back my naruto…”
 
Sasuke whispered on sakura's ears “I will find him…even if there's a little change that I will find him…..i will take that chance, I promised naruto to protect you…so I will bring him back for you, sakura” he then look at sakura's sore eyes. He afterwards wipes the tears on sakura's eyes “Don't cry anymore….naruto will be sad if he sees you like this...so smile. Smile for him”
 
Sakura rubs his eyes and do what sasuke ask him to do…”that's much better” sasuke slightly smiles back in return.
 
Next Chapter:
The Country of Death