Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Rain ❯ Do I have to ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Well! Since I've been completely engrossed with Naruto, I've started a new story! Yeah…you'll find out about everything as the story unfolds. Please comment! Now for the formalities…
 
 
Author: shippos_sister_kuzume

Email: shippos_sister_kuzume@yahoo.com
Rating: T

Warnings: Cursing, some violent themes, and suggestive phrases

Summary: Saiiya, an ANBU Captain of Konoha, is requested to instruct Might Guy's team a difficult and deadly genjutsu defense. She finally agrees, but things take an unexpected turn down a road she's never been on. Because falling in love wasn't part of the plan.

Disclaimer: Naruto and everything in the Naruto world belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
In the Rain
Chapter One:
Do I have to?
 
 
“Oh lovely, MORE rain,” commented the moody 15-year-old. Her evergreen eyes scanned over the fruits, locating several ripe, sweet looking ones. She could hear the soft pattering and a few cracks of lightning. Dropping the fruits in her bag, she moved over to the dairy aisle. “Well, Miss Hatake, I haven't seen YOU in a while!” commented the manager. “Yes, I just got back from a mission yesterday. I suppose Kakashi hasn't been around either, so our pantry is probably empty,” the teenager replied, smiling at the middle-aged man before her.
 
“Most likely. You know where everything is, so I guess you won't be needing help finding things,” the manager remarked lightly. “Of course,” she answered, pulling out a carton of milk and brushing aside her ebony hair, the single silver lock mixed in with the sea of black. The manager waved good-bye, and went off to help another needy customer. “Ah! Saiiya! I figured I'd find you here,” rang a cheerful voice. “Yes, Guy?” asked the teenager, turning on her heel, a smile masking her face.
 
“I have a favor to ask you,” Guy explained, also carrying a bag for shopping. “Hn? Do you want me to deliver a challenge to Kakashi-san?” Guy's face turned upwards into a hearty laugh. “No! It's specifically about YOU. I was going to give my adorable students some tips on genjutsu, and Kurenai is out on a mission. So, I decided to choose the only other genjutsu user available.”
 
“Ahh…I see. Well, I'll have to check out my schedule…” Saiiya explained, beginning to walk away, but Guy was fast at her side, looking at her pleadingly. “Saiiya, certainly you would do a favor for me? It would make you so youthful!” A small grin etched into Saiiya's face. She loved teasing Guy. “Well….I don't know….” she asked, picking up a carton of eggs, inspecting them. “Hyuga Neji possesses the Byakugan, Tenten is a master with weapons, and Lee can only use Taijutsu. What would they want with Genjutsu?” she asked, placing the carton of eggs back and picking up another one. She hated that she was so damn picky otherwise she could've been on her way by now.
 
“Genjutsu is very important to not only to use, but to know how to defend against,” Guy noted. Saiiya put the carton of eggs in her bag. “Guy. If I'm not mistaken, you've discovered how to counter Sharingan users, which are a form of genjutsu, teach that to Lee. As for the weapons kunoichi and the Hyuga boy, they both know how to dispel the Genjutsu.”
 
“And the Aridaisyu? They don't know that,” Guy added, picked up a carton of eggs also, looking serious. Saiiya glared at him. “You expect me to endanger their lives by teaching them that?” she asked harshly. “You do realize that they may be forced to fight the Akatsuki. If that happens…” “If that happens, I can assure you they will have no need to use that jutsu. This conversation is finished.”
 
Saiiya turned on her heel and began to walk away, shaking her head. “Saiiya.” Saiiya stopped, Guy's voice deathly serious. “Certainly you have a deep bond with your students at the academy. You understand I want what's best for my students.” Saiiya turned around. “And if I were faced with teaching them a jutsu that could very easily kill them, I would not take the risk of doing so. My answer is NO, Guy.”
 
“They are willing to take the risk.” “I'm not.” “Tsunade-sama has orders.” Saiiya watched as Guy pulled out a scroll, handing it to her. She received it, looking it over. “Hn. I don't know how you've done it. Fine. When do you want me there?”
 
~*~*~*~ Next day ~*~*~*~
 
Neji, Tenten, and Lee were waiting patiently (or rather, impatiently), at the slightly damp training grounds where Guy was going to teach them for the first time in ages. Lee was already doing his one thousand push-ups. “He's late, that's not normal,” Tenten commented, swinging her kunai knife around her finger lazily. Neji simply looked around at the scenery. Mostly flat, a few trees, surrounded by a huge stadium. Come to think of it. This was actually the place where they had first taken their Chuunin Exams almost two and half years ago. As if on cue, Guy walked through the entrance. “Ah, I see she's not here yet,” he noted to mostly himself. “She'll be here momentarily though.” “Guy-sensei? Why were you late?” Tenten asked. Guy smiled. “You'll find out!” The wind began to pick up, blowing dust and sand up into the air. The leaves blew off of the trees, gathering in front of them, whipping around in a circle, and low and behold was the teenaged ANBU, prepped and ready for teaching.
 
Underneath her white ANBU vest was a fishnet that covered her elbows up to her neck, and down to her stomach. The ANBU symbol looked snug underneath her fishnet on her left arm, almost glowing with pride. Strapped to her back was a long Katana, its sheath a dull black-gray color. Her ebony-colored hair was pulled up into a high ponytail, the single white bang sweeping over her right cheek, the black lock of hair on the left covering her left cheek. Black fingerless gloves covered her hands, and over her blue skin-tight pants was a kunai holder strapped to her left thigh. Her knee high sandals shifted sideways, kicking up some dirt. “So, this is your Team, Guy?” she asked, sounding superior. Lee stopped his pushups to stare at her. Her bright green eyes glinted with an interested glow. “Hai, Saiiya. This is them.” Lee jumped up, bowing. “You must be Saiiya-sensei!” Saiiya almost laughed. Lee and Guy looked almost identical. She looked over Tenten, seeing the kunai knife. `She's definitely a weapon's master…' she noted, and then laid her eyes on Neji.
 
They stared at each other for a few moments. `White eyes, a cool aura, over-confidence. He's a Hyuga,' she thought, pulling out three kunai knives. “It's a pleasure to meet you three…” Guy smiled. “Well, sayonara. I'll be back later.” As soon as Guy disappeared, the kunai knives launched from Saiiya's hand, straight for the three ninja. Tenten blocked it with the kunai knife she held, and Neji leaned sideways. Lee did a back handspring, and now all three of them were on their guard. A smirk played on Saiiya's face, sadistic amusement glowing in her eyes. “Well, at least you all have fast reaction times. Well, let's see how the three of you fare against me. Three on one, starting….now.” As soon as the words left her mouth, she disappeared. Lee, Tenten, and Neji all gave looks to each other, and nodded. Saiiya watched as they disappeared as well. She had never moved from her spot, only activated her concealment genjutsu.
 
`Hn, the Hyuga will find out where I am soon enough. If he can see through my genjutsu, that is,' Saiiya thought. The air moved slightly behind her, almost unnoticeable. She tilted her head to the right, and a kunai knife cut through the space where her head had once been. The genjutsu released, allowing her to be seen once more. “Well executed, Tenten. You managed to see through my genjutsu and pick out my location, along with almost completely silencing the sound of your kunai.” While she turned to stare directly at Tenten, Lee moved in. He ran up behind her extremely fast, swinging his legs at her ankles in order to knock her on the ground. Just as he was about to hit her legs, she jumped up, doing a back flip in almost slo-mo over Lee, kicking her legs straight over her head. She locked eyes with the boy underneath her. “Nice try.” As she landed, Lee flipped around, going to punch her as hard as he could. She turned; grasping Lee's arm faster than his eyes could see and knocked him over.
 
“Divination, 64 strikes.” Saiiya turned as Neji went head on with her, and Saiiya just grinned. He began to attack her, but found every time he attempted to strike her, she would block with her hands. When he finished the last one, she was only left with red palms and a single Tekken closed off. Neji revealed a shocked expression. `How did she….?' Neji thought, jumping backwards. Saiiya continued to smile as she made a few hand signs. Snakelike rocks erupted from the ground, ensnaring all three ninja. “Alright. That ends. You three are indeed quite talented, I have to admit. That was warm-up, and we're ready to begin. Now, I have been requested by Guy and the Godaime to train you in the art of defending against powerful Genjutsu. As Lee pointed out earlier, my name is Hatake Saiiya, ANBU squad leader. I am a master in the art of Genjutsu, like Kurenai. Today, I will be teaching you an incredibly powerful Genjutsu counter that only I currently have mastered. It cannot be copied with any bloodline limit, such as Sharingan. But, if you listen to me, you can counter any Genjutsu known, even to...Orochimaru or Uchiha Itachi.”
 
“Hatake Saiiya? You are related to Kakashi-sensei?” Lee asked, curious. “Hai.” Lee looked interested. “If you are the sister of Guy-sensei's archrival, than why did he request you?” “If you had three students whom you wanted to teach powerful ninja tactics to, and you had to ask Hyuga Hinata, would you do so?” “Of course!” Saiiya raised an eyebrow. “Question answered.” “Excuse my asking, Hatake-sensei. How did you know Lee-chan and Neji-kun were rivals?” Tenten asked, and Saiiya rolled her eyes. “You wouldn't BELIEVE how many times Guy has talked to me about his most adorable students. I know your birthdays, favorite colors, strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, and what you said last week.” Neji inwardly smirked. “Now, enough of the petty questions, and let's start.”
 
“Just one more question, Hatake-sensei.” Saiiya raised her eyes expectantly at Tenten. “What is the Aridaisyu? I've heard it's very powerful, but I'm not quite sure what it is or what it does.” Saiiya nodded her head in understanding. “Watch my eyes very carefully. It'll be hard to tell the difference because my eyes are already green, but it will become very obvious in a moment.” Saiiya formed five seals, and shouted. “Aridaisyu!” Her eyes glowed momentarily, and they seemed to turn a lighter shade of green. Her pupils began to dilate and then they returned to their normal size, but several jagged lines left rails behind her irises, and she blinked.
 
“This is the Aridaisyu. It is something like the Sharingan and the Byakugan, only it's not a bloodline limit.” Saiiya's eyes returned to normal as she continued talking. “By activating this jutsu, it allows you to see through your opponent's genjutsu, no matter how strong they are. Out of the four battles I have used this jutsu, not once has it been overpowered by the genjutsu. This allows you to free yourself from their genjutsu and comes quite in handy during a one-on-one battle or while you are waiting for reinforcements. Of course, it needs to be activated at the exact moment necessary; too soon and it was a pointless waste of chakra, too late and you risk staying alive. It's an extremely powerful and dangerous jutsu that has almost killed me. Many who have attempted to learn it have ended up killing themselves. Which was why I was hesitant to teach the three of you, but under strict order I am required to teach you. But, you have to undergo some training lessons first. So, now that questions are out of the way, let us begin.”
 
 
**Seven hours later**
 
 
The three ninja lay collapsed on the ground, Saiiya leaning against a tattered tree, sighing deeply. “Well, not bad for starts. We'll start again tomorrow at the same place, understood?” Saiiya asked. “H-Hai..” was the weak response. Lee was the only one able to easily stand up, and Saiiya smiled. “I'm guessing you are all starving about now, we've been out here about seven hours. It's also getting quite late.” Tenten and Neji finally got up, agreeing. “Alright, let's go.” Saiiya smiled as Guy stood at the entrance, leaning against the wall. “Guy, I don't think they like me,” she whined, grinning. “You work them like Kakashi works his students. Only about ten times harsher. They're just exhausted,” Guy replied coolly, and Saiiya rolled her eyes. “You're getting too relaxed, Guy. We're heading out to dinner. Care to join?”
 
Saiiya watched Guy's student drag their bodies along tiredly. `Kami, they look pitiful. I'd be surprised if they could actually pick up the silverware once we get there,' she thought, and they finally arrived at the restaurant. “Oh! Saiiya! Back again? You sure do have a soft side for our meals, don't you?” the short woman asked. She was in her late 40's maybe early 50's. “Hai, I brought along my temporary students and their former sensei. Might Guy, Rock Lee, Tenten, and of course, Hyuga Neji.” “Ah yes, I've met you four before. Welcome. I actually have a table open.”
 
The five ninja followed the woman, Saiiya glancing at her messy bun and ruffled kimono. The way she slumped slightly indicated she was quite exhausted. “Long night?” she asked as they sat down. The woman chuckled a bit, her tired eyes turning upward as she smiled. “You've always been able to read me like a book. Even when you were a child.” “I know when to expect a good meal or a bad meal from you,” Saiiya joked as everyone looked up what they were going to order. “Of course, `Bad meal' aren't words in your mind, are they?” The woman just laughed at Saiiya's comments. “You haven't changed at all, have you?” she asked, and walked away.
 
“How long have you known her?” Guy asked as he scanned over his menu. “Ever since Kakashi-san began teaching me ninjutsu. I was…3 at the time. After I had successfully thrown seven kunai and hit the bull's eye each time.” Tenten, Neji, and Lee made slight coughs. “Three, Saiiya-sensei?” Tenten asked. Saiiya nodded absentmindedly. She looked up at them. “Don't think Kakashi-san was any easier on me than I was on you today. Vigorous training brought me to where I am today.”
 
The five ninja chatted here and there, not making too much conversation. After they had eaten, Saiiya decided to head out. “Well, I will see you three tomorrow, same time, same place.” Tenten and Lee bowed deeply. “Arigatou Gozaimasu, Saiiya-sensei.” Neji bowed his head. “Arigatou,” he thanked. Saiiya smiled. “Goodbye, Guy.” Guy waved, and with a gust of wind, she was gone. “Guy-sensei, is Saiiya-sensei a wind and earth elemental?” Tenten asked. “Hai. So she just left, eh?” asked the laid back voice of a certain silver haired Jounin. “Kakashi!” Guy yelled loudly, turning around. Neji, Tenten, and Lee turned towards Kakashi, who was wearing the usual clothes and reading the same dirty romance novel. “I was going to ask her something. Oh well, not that hard to find her,” Kakashi commented mostly to himself, completely ignoring Guy completely. “Kakashi…you….are so youthful!!!” Guy wailed, grasping his head. Kakashi looked at him. “Hm? Did you say something?” Guy fell over, twitching. Kakashi sighed and disappeared in a flash of smoke.
 
 
**Two weeks later**
 
 
Former Team Guy waited at the same location Saiiya had been teaching them for the last few weeks. As usual, she arrived precisely on time. “Alright. I have been called to go on a mission, and it cannot be avoided. I am leaving this afternoon and will not be back for a week and a half. But, during that time. I DO NOT want to find out anyone of you have attempted to use Aridaisyu without my attendance. Not even Kurenai. Continue practicing the exercises we've been doing, and when I get back, we will move onto the next stage. Understood?” she asked, looking them over with extreme seriousness. They all nodded. “Okay, you are dismissed.” Then, as always, she disappeared in a gust of wind.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Author: Well, that was the end of chapter one! Yes, it was rather short, but I promise I'll make them longer! Hope you enjoyed it! Saiiya and Neji have shown no liking or anything yet, but just be patient! It'll get really good after time goes by -^^-