Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Rain ❯ Night Sky ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Wallaaa! I am rewriting Chapter 2!
 
Naruto: Rewriting? Nani?
 
Author: *sighs* I accidentally deleted half of Chapter 2…
 
Naruto: Smoooothh…
 
Author: Watch yourself, Naruto. I have connections.. *looks evil*
 
Naruto: ………….
 
Author: Because I don't want to rewrite everything I was typing, this chapter will be shorter. Sorry…but I will give you a quick profile of Saiiya's team.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~
 
 
2nd in Command: Takuma Shijin
Age: 23
Appearance: Messy Dark blue hair chin length. He has a gouti (sp?) yellowish eyes. Wears the standard ANBU outfit like Saiiya most of the time, but his casual dress is a pair of navy green army pants and shinobi sandals (the kind you always see them wear), and a black tang top. In the winter he wears a longsleeved shirt.
Notes: Saiiya finds his gouti humorous whenever he talks. Shijin has a crush on Saiiya and he never brushes his hair. He wears his hitai-ate headband on his right shoulder.
 
Name: Kayrin
Age: 15
Appearance: Hip length red hair, light blue eyes. Her casual dress are black pants with knee high shinobi sandals (like Shijin's, only knee highs), a green turtleneck, and black fingerless gloves. In the summer it's an elbow-length shirt. She wears her Hitai-ate headband on her waist. Casually, she braids her hair.
Notes: She is Saiiya's best friend, but she's extremely lazy. She has amazing skill level, and is Saiiya's age. They trained together in the ninja academy, both graduated early, and were on the same team most of the time. When she and Saiiya actually fight, which is rare, their skills are almost equal.
 
Name: Yusai Sierra
Age: 23
Appearance: Shoulder length golden blonde hair and vibrant blue eyes. Her casual attire is a white long sleeved, skin tight shirt with one shoulder covered and the other bare, save a narrow strap. She has stretchy bell bottom blue jeans and black shinobi sandals. She wears her Hitai-ate headband on her forehead. Casually, her hair's in a half-ponytail
Notes: She loves fashion, and is very feminine. She is a very talented cook, and a quick thinker. She is a gruesome but skilled fighter, not as powerful as Kayrin or Saiiya, but still very talented. She never knew Shijin existed until they both were testing for their Chuunin exams, and had to fight each other. Sierra won, but now Shijin and she are equal in strength.
 
Captain (and Heroine of the story): Hatake Saiiya
Age: 14 (almost 15)
Appearance: for her general look, read the previous chapter. Her casual attire is a black skintight long-sleeved shirt covered with a white fishnet, and her hitai-ate headband is on her waist. She has black army pants and shinobi shoes. Casually, she leaves her hair down.
Notes: She's a genjutsu master, the daughter of the White Fang, and Hatake Kakashi's half-sister. More details to come
 
~*~*~
 
Disclaimer: What? If I owned Naruto, don't you think I already would've made Neji the main character? DUH! And I wouldn't be revolving around Youtube looking for the latest chapters. So leave me alone while I wallow in my self pity.
 
 
 
Chapter 2:
Night Skies
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
Saiiya stood at the gates of Konoha, three other figures standing in front of her. “Codenames?” she said calmly, and the only male, who was a few inches taller than her, took a step forward. “Shijin, codename: Yajuu.” He stepped back and a red-headed girl her age stepped up. “Kayrin, codename: Arina.” A blonde-haired woman, a few years older than Saiiya, stepped up last. “Sierra, codename: Risa.” Saiiya nodded. “Hatake Saiiya. Codename: Lio. Destination: Lightning Country.” Then, with a flash of smoke, they disappeared.
 
 
**5 hours later**
 
 
Saiiya landed on the ground, the three behind her dropping as well. “We're making good time. Let's rest for the night,” she explained calmly, removing her pack from her shoulders. “Hai,” was the team's replied, and they all sat down in the clearing. Saiiya exhaled, seeing her breath. “I hate winter. It's too cold,” she added to herself. They set up camp effortlessly, Sierra setting up a fire pit. “Oi, Arina, go grab some firewood for Risa,” Saiiya ordered to her comrade, who lay lazily on the ground, staring up at the sky. “Nah…” Saiiya threw a stick at her head. “Itai(1)!!” she complained, gripping her head and grasping the stick. “Good, that's a start. Now go.”
 
Kayrin muttered something under her breath and went to go get wood. “I'm surprised how you can get her to do things like that,” Shijin commented, sitting down after putting up the tent. “After knowing her for almost my whole life, you get to know how the way she works,” Saiiya replied simply, pulling out their dinner from her bag. After a few minutes, Kayrin returned, carrying a large stack of firewood. She dropped it in the completed fire pit, frowning. “There. It's done.” “Thank you, Arina.”
 
Arina just snorted and sat down. Sierra formed several hand signs and blew a fireball onto the wood, lighting it. She moved towards the food Saiiya was preparing and moved to take over. Saiiya let her, going to move her stuff inside the tents. After setting up, she came back out, the sweet aroma of delicious food wafting through the area. “Careful, or we'll have animals swarming around us in search of your cooking,” Saiiya joked, sitting down to eat. Sierra smiled, handing her a plate filled with food. Shijin and Arina got their plates, and they ate in silence.
 
“So, who's doing guard duty tonight?” Arina asked as she set her plate down. “I believe its Yajuu and Lio's turn, am I right?” Sierra asked as Shijin washed off the plates using his water elemental jutsu. “Hai. I'll go first since I'm still quite awake,” Saiiya assured, standing up. “Alright. G'night, captain,” Shijin waved, going in to get a head start on his sleeping time. “Night.” Soon, Sierra and Arina moved into their tents for the night. Saiiya doused the fire, jumping up into a nearby tree, and began her watch.
 
Saiiya moved her eyes calmly towards the tents. They were motionless. “Time to get Yajuu up…it's been four hours,” she muttered, yawning. “Good thing, I'm getting tired.” She jumped down from the tree, hearing shuffling behind her. She paused, and continued walking. All of the sudden, she turned, a kunai just grazing by her ear and hitting the tree behind her. She removed her own kunai, ready to fight her assailant. “Reveal yourself,” she ordered, and a figure moved from behind the tree. “So you noticed me. Hm. It's a shame, I would've rather just killed you. Not bad for the daughter of the famous White Fang of Konoha. Hatake Saiiya I presume?” the figure purred, obviously a male.
 
As they stepped into the light of the moon, their features were lit. He had short, black hair with dark, menacing violet eyes. He almost reminded Saiiya of the Uchiha clan, only this man was part of the village hidden in sound according to his hitai-ate headband around his forehead. “Hn. What is your business here?” Saiiya asked, her voice rising in a dangerous tone. “I have come with a message from Orochimaru-sama,” the man explained, and Saiiya felt the hair on the back of her neck bristle. “What is this message?” she asked, her eyes burning holes in the messenger's face. He flinched back at her heated gaze. “Here…” he handed her a scroll. Saiiya reached out for it, looking at it cautiously.
 
As she opened it, she read the contents. Her face turned even more hostile. “What is the meaning of this?” she snapped her voice low as to not wake her comrades. “Orochimaru will send another messenger in one month with your response. Think this over wisely,” the messenger explained, and disappeared. Saiiya turned her gaze down at the scroll, her eyebrows furrowed as she reread it. “Hn? Lio?” Shijin muttered, stepping out of the tent. “Did I just hear voices?” Saiiya stuck the scroll in her pocket, turning around. “I don't know what you're talking about. I was just about to get you up for your watch,” she assured calmly. He shrugged, and jumped up into the tree Saiiya had been in. Saiiya waved to him as she walked into her tent, lying down in her sleeping bag. She opened the scroll once more, biting her lower lip. `What are you planning with this, Orochimaru?' she thought. She closed the scroll, laying it next to her katana. She then turned over on her side and fell asleep.
 
 
**Next morning**
 
 
“Arina!! Get your sorry ass up!!” Saiiya sat up with a start, her hair in her face. She stretched, yawning. She opened her tent, looking out. Sierra was attempting to wake up her lazy comrade, and Shijin was sitting down, drinking some water. She stood up, walking over to Kayrin's tent. Sierra was still standing outside, waving her hands in dramatic motions. Saiiya picked up Kayrin's shoe and opened the tent. Kayrin was still laying cozily inside her sleeping bag, that is until the shoe made contact with her head. “Urgh! Fine! I'm up!!” she snapped, sitting up. Saiiya turned around, walking back into her tent.
 
After half an hour, they were all finally completely awake and dressed. After taking down the tents and packing up, they disappeared for another long day of traveling. Then, at night, they all stopped and set up camp. Kayrin and Sierra watched the camp without any problems, and the morning was the same as the previous day. “Alright. Only 5 more hours and we'll be at the country,” Saiiya sighed as they got ready to leave. “Hai. It's a C level Mission, right?” Shijin asked, and Saiiya nodded. “Then why did Tsunade hire US?” Kayrin asked. “She suspects there might be a catch to it, and that there is a chance it's a lot more dangerous than the client is letting on. So she sent us to act as Chuunin-level ninja and go through with the mission.”
 
“So he didn't pay for ANBU level, but that's what he's getting?” Kayrin growled, not pleased with what Tsunade chose to do. “He paid the maximum amount for a C-rank mission possible. There's just a strange feeling she's getting from this to just send Chuunin,” Saiiya replied simply, and they all nodded in understanding. “Well, let's head out.” As soon as those words left Saiiya's mouth, the team of four disappeared from the site. Then, five hours later, just as Saiiya had estimated, they arrived at the country of lightning.
 
“Lio, where exactly is the man who hired us?” Shijin asked, stepping up next to Saiiya, awfully close to her. Saiiya paid no attention. “He's about ten miles from here. He's the head of a large village and we're guarding his four daughters as they travel to another village two days time from the village. They will be meeting their elder brother, whom is the head of another village.” “Well, let's not keep the man waiting,” Sierra commented. “Hn.” They then disappeared once more and minutes later arrived at the village.
 
Two guards stood outside a large building. “Halt. State your name and business,” the guard ordered, and Saiiya stepped for. “We are ninja from Konoha, here on a mission for the head of this village.” She pulled out a scroll, and the guard took it, reading it over. “Very well. Inside. The secretary will deal with you.” Kayrin's insides boiled at the guards cockiness. She held her tongue and followed Saiiya inside. The guard shot her a glare, and she crossed her arms, walking forward.
 
“Oh, you must be the ninja. Lord Haisu is waiting inside,” the secretary explained kindly, waving towards the large door to her right. “Thank you, ma'am,” Saiiya thanked. She and the others bowed their heads, walking inside the room. There was a hairy, middle-aged man lying down on a bed of pillows. He was wearing very elegant-looking clothing, his ego almost radiating off of him. “Hm. You must be the ninja. Which one of you is the Captain of your squad; the man I presume?” he asked, and Saiiya stepped forward. “The captain would be me, milord. My name is Lio.” The lord glared down at her. “How old are you? 12? A little young. I think the noble man to your left is much more suitable for captian. After all, men are much more superior than women. Smarter and stronger.”
 
Kayrin's eyes glowed with anger. She hated this bastard, and it was written all over her face. “Ah, Lio-san is much stronger and talented than I, milord. She is a very suitable leader and Captain,” Shijin interjected. “Hn. Whatever. Anyways, my daughters are behind that door, come in, angels!” he called, and the door slid open. First, a tall bleach-blonde haired girl walked in, her head held high and had just as big of an ego as her father. She was probably a year or so younger than Shijin. Following her were two black-haired twins, their round faces not as smug as their sister, but certainly proud. They were most likely a year older than Saiiya.
 
Saiiya almost grinned as the bubbly fourth child came ungracefully in. Her black hair was pulled up into a high ponytail, her bright blue eyes looking over at the team with excitement. She seemed to be about 7, and the fire in her eyes matched the vivid spark that always lit in Kayrin's when she was excited. Saiiya instantly knew that the youngest would be the most tolerable of the entire group. “These are my beautiful daughters, and I expect you to take extreme care with them. A single complaint and I will make sure the four of you will endure the most painful day of your lives,” the father warned, and Saiiya bowed her head. “Hai, milord.”
 
“Why are YOU talking, girl? The captain is the only one who is permitted to talk unless asked a direct question. Surely you know that,” the oldest daughter asked suddenly, and the other three daughters and their father looked at her. “Hn. I am captain, ma'am. So I am allowed to speak when my team is asked a general question,” Saiiya replied respectfully, though the urge to slap that girl's and her father's head off was so strong it made her hand itch. “Tch. You? Whatever.” “Anyways, I trust you know where to go?” the lord asked, and Saiiya bowed her head. “Indeed I do.” “Good, then you will leave in half an hour. Get to know my daughters and return to me at the end, and I expect a full report. Dismissed.” Saiiya and her team stood as the daughters left to get their things.
 
Saiiya left her team as they relaxed in the waiting room. She knocked on the door to the girls' rooms, and the oldest daughter opened it, giving Saiiya a disgusted look. “What?” she snapped. “I was instructed to get to know you four. My name is Lio, a pleasure to be of service,” Saiiya explained. The daughter groaned and let her in. “Usually when one introduces themselves, it is polite to introduce yourself in return,” she commented as the other three daughters walked in. “Shiia,” the blonde muttered. “I'm Aeris,” the twin on the left introduced. “And I'm Kairi.” The little girl walked up, staring at Saiiya in awe. “My name's Terra.” Saiiya smiled down at her. “My name's Lio,” she introduced, holding out her hand. Kairi took it, shaking it.
 
“So, can you leave now?” Shiia asked irritably. “Hm? Alright, if that is what you wish. We are due to depart in ten minutes,” Saiiya explained, and Terra bounded off to her section of the room, grabbing her gear. “Fine. Bye,” Shiia muttered. Saiiya turned on her heel and walked out of the room. She returned to the waiting room, and Shijin was the first to look up. “Back already?” he asked. “The oldest daughter, Shiia, isn't the friendliest girl in the world. All I learned was their names, and then I was kicked out,” she responded, sitting down on the couch. “Yeah, I think the youngest will be a lot of fun,” Kayrin noted, grinning. Saiiya nodded, pulling out a blank scroll and a black pen. “She has a fiery spirit like you. Her name's Terra. But anyways let's look at the different strategic angles of the group before we go.”
 
Just as they had figured out how the group would be set, the four daughters walked in, all ready to go. “Well, what are we waiting for?” Shiia asked, grasping Shijin by the arm and lifting him up smoothly. “I don't want to be late!” Kayrin growled under her breath and the four left the building. Saiiya stood in the back, Sierra and Kayrin on the sides and Shijin in the front. The daughters were in the middle, each talking to one of the ninja. “If you're the captain, Lio-chan, why are you in the back?” Terra asked, looking up at the teenager. “Strategically, if we were to be attacked, the best option would to attack from behind. Since I am the strongest, I am positioned in the back. Also, because Yajuu is better with landforms and has an amazing sense of direction, he stands in the front to guide us. Arina and Risa are positioned on the sides in case of side attacks. Then, you and your sisters are in the middle so you can be protected from all sides,” Saiiya explained.
 
Terra gaped in wonder. “Wow! That's really smart! How long have you been a ninja?” she asked, and Saiiya smiled. “I graduated from the academy when I was about your age, so probably about six years.” “You're really cool, Lio-chan,” she complimented. “Thank you,” Saiiya replied. She looked ahead and saw Shiia flirting with a peeved Shijin. She chuckled a bit. “What?” Terra asked. “Shiia's flirting with my second-in-command,” she responded, and Terra looked up. She sighed. “Shiia loves flirting with guys. But, she's never done THAT before…” Terra pointed to Shiia who wrapped an arm around Shijin and kissed his cheek. “Hey, Yajuu! If you want women hanging all over you, you could've stayed in Konoha!” Kayrin joked, and Saiiya laughed.
 
“Shut it, Arina,” Shijin muttered, blushing as he removed Shiia's arm from his shoulders. “If you were wondering, Shijin is popular amongst the women back in my village,” Saiiya explained to Terra. Terra smirked. “Yeah, Shiia's always been going after men, especially popular ones. She's never been serious, so I wouldn't be surprised if she completely forgets about Yajuu-kun once we leave.” Saiiya nodded in agreement. All of the sudden, Shiia fell forward after tripping over a stone, and Shijin automatically went to catch her. Shiia's face glowed pink as she hovered inches above the ground in Shijin's arms. “Are you alright?” Shijin asked, setting her down.
 
“I think I sprained my ankle,” Shiia whined, grasping her ankle. “Oh no, here she goes again,” one of the twins muttered. Shijin looked over at Saiiya, whom nodded in return. The group stopped, and moved off the road. “I hear a river to the west, I'll get some water,” Sierra offered, and Saiiya waved her hand as a sign of permission. Sierra disappeared. Shiia moaned softly, holding her ankle tenderly. “Yajuu-kun, can you look at it? Be careful, it hurts,” Shiia asked, and Shijin switched with Saiiya. “Sorry, I don't know a thing about first aid. That's the Captain's job,” he explained, going to sit down. Shiia looked upset, and crossed her arms as Saiiya looked over her ankle. This was going to be a long journey for all of them.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Author: Well! That was a bit longer. I'm gunna post this before I go to bed, so yeah. Hope you enjoyed it!
 
(1) Itai = ow or ouch