Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Rain ❯ Surprises ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Author: Hey, I'm back! Has it been a week already?? Hm. Whatever. Anyways. School's out for Christmas! Muahahaha. You should be excited, that means I'm updating more often now. Yeah, I'm trying to move the story along, and I know there's no Saiiya-Neji yet. But, this is fun, so bear with me -^^- Anyways, Shijin-Saiiya's gunna start, so some romance will kick off soon. Also, later in the chapter, I may have a Saiiya-Neji begin as well, so you'll find out! Anyways, enjoy the chapter!
 
Disclaimer: ……….no. I don't. got it?
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Chapter 3:
So many surprises
 
 
 
“It's only strained. Some ice and you'll be fine in no time,” Saiiya explained, walking over to the tent that had been set up. Shiia looked irritated. “Hmph. Liar. I bet it's sprained or even broken,” Shiia replied crossly. Saiiya felt the hairs on her neck bristle, and she turned. She gave Shiia a cold look, and continued walking. Sierra was walking past Shiia, stopping to give her a casual glance. “You better be careful, Shiia. If you push too far, you will be on the receiving end of the Captain's wrath.” “She's a wimpy little ninja who wouldn't step over the line and hurt ME,” Shiia retorted, crossing her arms. “Ha! Don't make me laugh! Lio's stronger than I am, and that's saying something. She's not a person to piss off. TRUST me,” Kayrin laughed as she went to go collect firewood. Shijin walked past Shiia as well, the tents all up. “And she has no problem stepping over that line, Shiia-san,” Shijin added.
 
Saiiya walked back out, Terra in tow. They were both carrying towels and soap. Shiia watched the ANBU with judgmental eyes. “I'm escorting Terra-chan to the river so we can take baths. We'll be back. You know how to reach me,” Saiiya explained, and waved her empty hand at them. Terra beamed and tugged at Saiiya's hand. “Lio-chan! Let's go!” she giggled, pulling Saiiya along. Shijin and Sierra smirked at Terra's new friend being dragged to the river. Sierra lighting the fire with her jutsu. “Whoa! How'd you do that?!” one of the twins asked. “Magic.” Sierra eyed Kayrin before explaining about elemental techniques. Apparently she and the twins were getting along fine, with a few complications with inflated egos on the side.
 
Meanwhile, Saiiya and Terra reached the river, taking off their clothes and submerging themselves in the water. “Brr…it's cold!” Terra shivered, and Saiiya chuckled. “Well, it IS winter…” Terra laughed and got the shampoo, pouring some into her hands. “Can I wash your hair, Lio-chan?” she asked, her large blue eyes glowing with excitement. Saiiya smiled. “Of course.” Terra jumped as she ran behind Saiiya. “I'll make your hair really beautiful. Then your enemy will be so engrossed in your hair, they won't have time to defend your attacks.” “Engrossed? Where'd you learn such large words for you age?” Saiiya asked as Terra scrubbed away, an amused tone in her voice. “Just because I'm six and a half years old doesn't mean I can't be smart, Lio-chan.” “Of course not. My bad, Terra-chan.”
 
As Saiiya washed out the suds, Terra swam back over to get the conditioner, returning with a large glob in her hands. “Can I play with your hair later?” Terra asked, beginning to massage the soap into the older girl's scalp. “Sure. Your sister, Shiia, sure has rubbed off on you, hasn't she?” Saiiya asked, and Terra giggled. “We all are true girls at heart, Lio-chan.” “True. Very true.” Saiiya let her head lower, her nose just above the water's surface. She looked down at it as she exhaled, water spraying up. She felt Terra's hands leave her, splashing water as she rinsed them. Saiiya stood up, spreading her arms out, falling backwards slowly. “Timber!!!” she yelled, and Terra screamed, diving out of the way. Water splashed upwards, both girls laughing profusely. Terra splashed water at Saiiya as she resurfaced, hair rinsed out.
 
“Hey! I could catch on fire if you keep doing that,” Saiiya warned, and grinned. “Alright. My turn to wash your hair. Oh, and you want to see something really cool?” Terra's head bobbed up and down vigorously. Saiiya made a few hand signs, and shot her right hand towards the soap. “Earth Element: Arms of the snake.” A snakelike rock shot from the ground, grabbing the shampoo bottle and stretching over the water, handing Saiiya the shampoo bottle. “Whoa!!! That is so awesome!! How'd you do it?!” she exclaimed, her eyes larger than saucers. Saiiya blinked and the rock slid back to where it came from. “It's a little trick I learned back in Konohagakure. But how I do it? That's a shinobi secret.”
 
“You are the coolest person I've ever met, Lio-chan,” Terra complimented. “Well, thank you. I'm flattered.” Terra smiled a bit. “Oneesan (1) Shiia never does anything with me. She's always chasing after boys and sucking up to Chichi (2) for money to spend with her friends. Aeris and Kairi both think I'm too bothersome for my own good, so I'm left alone.” Saiiya raised an eyebrow. `Those twins sound like a certain Chunin I know…' she thought light-heartedly, but was concerned for the child. `But if she's calling her sisters unrelated to her then this is serious. Poor child.' “Well, how about this: For the time being, I will be your ane and we'll do the things sisters are supposed to do. But you're going to have to fill me in. I've never had a sister, just a brother.”
 
“You mean it?!” Terra exclaimed, grinning. “Mhm! Would sisters lie to each other?” “Oneesan does.” Saiiya sighed. “Well, imoutochan (3). You better start learning because I'm nothing like your older sister.” “Anechan (4), you're the best!!” Terra turned and hugged her new older sister, soap suds and water flying everywhere. Saiiya smiled, and took her sister's shoulders. “Imoutochan, we need to have an inauguration for the two of us right here.” Terra cocked her head the side as Saiiya picked her up, turned towards the deep part of the river. “Anechan what're you- Auuuhhhhhhhhh!!! -Splash!-” she screamed, being thrown into the water. Saiiya laughed as Terra swam towards her underneath the water, grabbing Saiiya's legs.
 
Saiiya looked down at her triumphantly, not moving. Terra broke the surface of the water, pouting. “Anechan! No fair! You're too strong!” she whined. “That's the way the cookie crumbles, imoutochan!” Saiiya laughed, and ruffled Terra's soaked hair. Terra huffed, crossing her arms. “I'm tired, Anechan. Can we go back to camp?” she asked, yawning. Saiiya nodded. “Sure. Let's actually wash something besides our hair, though,” Saiiya suggested, and her adopted sister grinned back at her. “Only if you use that cool jutsu again.” “Your wish is my command…most of the time,” Saiiya replied, forming signs and brought the soap over. They washed up and climbed out of the river, wrapping themselves in towels.
 
As they trudged back to camp in their dry, clean clothes, the mouth-watering smell of food wafted through the air, and two hungry stomachs groaned with satisfaction at the scent. “Now that I think about it, I'm really hungry,” Terra admitted, and Saiiya smiled. “I'm quite hungry myself.” The two sat down at the campfire, being greeted by the others. Everyone else was conversing casually, and Kayrin glanced over at Saiiya, occasionally making a few smart comments in between bites of food. As they were finishing their dinner, Sierra piped up. “Hey, Lio! It's your turn to watch tonight. Yajuu too.” “Hai, arigatou (5). Yajuu, would you mind watching first?” Saiiya asked, and Shijin shrugged. “Sure.” “Hn. Well, imoutochan, are we going to go braid each other's hair?” Saiiya asked, and Terra jumped to her feet. “Hai! Let's go!” “How childish,” Shiia muttered, clinging to Shijin's arm.
 
**Later that night**
 
There was a tap on the door to Saiiya's tent, and the “sisters” stopped giggling. “Hai?” “Lio, you should probably get some rest before your watch. Terra too.” “Sure thing, Yajuu. Have fun on your watch.” Saiiya turned to Terra, both of their hair all put up in strange hairstyles. They both grinned and laughed one more time before laying back. “Well, let's do as he says and get some sleep,” Saiiya suggested, and Terra nodded. They both slid into their sleeping bags, Saiiya's arm hanging protectively over Terra's side, her other arm over her head. Terra scooted close to her “older sister”, her fists balled and lying close to her face. “G'night, anechan,” she whispered, and Saiiya smiled. “Good night, imoutochan.”
 
“Saiiya?” came the whispered voice of Shijin four hours later. “Hai, Shijin, give me a moment, I'm trying to keep my imoutochan asleep.” “Hurry up, I'm going to fall asleep outside..” “If you do I'll strip you of your title and let Iruka give you a lesson on sleeping on the job.” “Tch, he does it too…” The tent zipped open, and Shijin looked at her hair. “Have fun?” he asked, cocking an eyebrow. Saiiya gave him a confused look, and then smiled. “Yeah, we did. She really is like a little sister to me.” “You know you'll probably never see each other again.” “Hai, I do. But it's fun while it lasts, ne? Besides, before you know it, I'll be pregnant with my own child to raise and be with…” Shijin felt his face flush at the thought.
 
“I have a few ideas for the father…” Shijin regretted saying that as soon as the words slipped from his mouth. “Oh really? One of them wouldn't happen to be a clumsy, blushing, blue-haired ANBU in my squad, would it?” Saiiya asked, stepping closer to him teasingly, one of her fingers sliding down his smooth cheek softly, landing on his lips. Shijin's face was bright red. “Umm...I…well….you…and...th…ah…you see…” he stuttered, and Saiiya kissed his cheek. “Don't get any ideas. I don't do that kind of thing outside of marriage, dear,” she murmured as she stepped forward and jumping up to her perch, signaling that the conversation was over, much to Shijin's displeasure. `Dammit,' he thought, running his hands through his hair. He could still feel her lips on his cheek, her warm breath in his ear, her finger on his mouth, her body so close to his. `Now I won't get to sleep.'
 
Saiiya looked down at Shijin from her position, then looking out at the surrounding forest. `I never figured Shijin…I mean, I thought I had no luck with guys. I had too much of a temper and a cocky, egotistical, alpha male attitude to be liked that way. But isn't he a little old for me? Hmm…oh well…' Saiiya looked back down to see that Shijin had gone back to his room. She relaxed against the tree's trunk, pulling out a long string and began wrapping it around her fingers, humming to herself as she did so. She wasn't confident in her singing abilities, so she didn't go past humming.
 
After about half an hour, she felt a presence off to the right about half a mile off. She looked over, on guard now. The string disappeared, and she gripped the sword strapped to her back beneath her cloak, relaxing when she recognized the chakra flow. “You can never come during the day, can you?” she asked as the teenaged messenger landed on the branch where she now stood. “Ahh…gomen, Hatake-sama. A message from Hokage-sama. You are to head back to Konoha with the four girls. The Daimyo who assigned you to this mission had a major change of plans and they need to be sent to Konoha as soon as possible.” “So basically you're saying, Tsunade-sama wants me to suffer because she knew that 3 of the 4 daughter are bullshit on legs, and giving us an extra 2 days of travel?” “Basically.” “Oh, arigatou, just what I need.”
 
“I'm just the messenger.” “Hai. Tell Ani (6) that he better be ready for when I get home. I'm going be exhausted.” The messenger smiled. “Hai. Good night, Hatake-sama.” “Hn, to you too.” Then, with a flash of smoke, he was gone. Saiiya sighed, leaning back against the tree, staring fixated at the ground, her arms crossed and deep in thought. Nothing bothered the group the entire night and before she knew it, it was morning. She went through the same routine with her team, only she was awake now and joined in with yelling at Sierra. But, now she had the pleasure of having a fully grown pig head who can't get through her thick skull that the world doesn't revolve around her. Oh, and a sleepy little kid and a pair of snoring twins who were just as lazy, if not lazier than her partner.
 
“I want PANCAKES!!” whined the blonde 22-year-old. ((A/N: Sorry, I hate coming up with Japanese dishes soo…you're stuck with American dishes :P Besides, who DOESN'T like pancakes? With SYRUP! Sorry…I've seen Elf recently… *ahem* back to the story!)) Saiiya turned towards the woman, complete with a long pink robe that trailed behind her like a bridal gown, her bouquet of flowers her pillow, and her tiara a pink hair band holding her hair back. Even though she looked semi-decent after ten pounds of makeup, she was really a hag in the morning. That was enough to wake up Arina. “What in kami (7)'s name is that on her face?!” she exclaimed, and Saiiya could've sworn Shiia's eye twitched. But, that just started the whole war between Arina and Shiia. The hag began screaming obscenities at the ANBU, who in return shouted back, not caring if she was the Daimyo's daughter or whatever.
 
“Anechan? What's going on?” asked the drowsy 7-year-old as she crawled out of the tent. Saiiya could've just died. She looked so adorable with her long pajamas, her hands not revealing themselves from beneath the yellow sleeves, and her hair stuck out at odd ends as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. “These two idiots are fighting with each other.” “Oh. Why aren't Aeris and Kairi up yet?” “Well, Risa's attempting to wake them up right now.” “Oh, you have to get Shiia to do that. She's the only one besides chichi who can wake them up.” Saiiya raised an eyebrow. “Who can stop her yelling?” “Chichi.” “GREAT.” “I'm sure Yajuukun could make her.” Saiiya grinned. “Excellent work! Yajuu!”
 
Shijin jogged over. “Yes?” “Can you get the witch to shut up?” Shijin nodded and walked over to Shiia, whispering something in her ear. She immediately stopped and turned to him, beaming. “Ooh, Yajuukun!” She threw her arms around him, kissing him. Saiiya raised her eyes in amusement, and Kayrin burst out laughing. Sierra looked a little irritated, but said nothing. “I wonder what he said.” “So do I.” Shiia bounded away, and Shijin coughed a little bit, grimacing. “That was sick. I'm going to go wash my mouth out with soap.”
 
Saiiya shook her head and smiled, taking Terra and going into their tent to get everything packed up. “We're heading back to my village, imoutochan.” “Oro (8)? Why?” Saiiya tied the strings on her sleeping bag, continuing. “Orders from your father and my Hokage. I got the message last night during my shift.” “Hm. It's not like Chichi to suddenly change his mind like that. When he sets something, it's set. It doesn't change.” Saiiya nodded, picking up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder. She walked out, Terra at her side, and explained things to the now fully awake (and dressed) group. “Chichi decided? That's unusual,” one of the twins thought aloud. “As I have been notified by your sister. Either way, I am ordering my team to be on guard. Understood?” “Hai.” Was the response.
 
Within half an hour they were on the road again, and took up the same pattern as beforehand, all talking quietly amongst themselves. About three hours into the trip, Arina and Shiia got into a heated argument, resulting in Shijin calming her down and Shiia kissing him. Saiiya noted that each time that happened, Sierra would get very tense and quiet, burning holes in the back of the girl's head. Saiiya shrugged it off and listened to Terra's explanation of the incident where Shiia had gotten her dress caught in a floorboard and had done a series of clumsy events immediately afterwards. Saiiya saw Terra's eyes glow with excitement as she talked, and it made the ANBU chuckle a bit.
 
And so the days following were the same. Traveled, argued, ate, traveled, slept, argued, traveled, ate while arguing, traveled, argued, slept and so on. Finally, with much relief, they returned to their hometown, Konohagakure. Saiiya thanked the gods, because she was about to snap. With the sad-excuse-for-a-future-daimyo pushing all her (and her team's) buttons constantly, it was a miracle they hadn't brutally tortured and killed her yet. As they walked to the gates, the guards stopped them. “Hatake, who are these four women with you? Was your mission unsuccessful?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. “The daughters of the Daimyo. There was a change in plans and we were instructed to return here. The mission will be successful once we step inside Konoha.”
 
The guard nodded, waving his hand towards Konoha. “I see. One of the guards mentioned that to me as we switched shifts. Good to see you four back.” “Hai. It is. You don't know how irritating this mission has been,” she muttered to him, earning a laugh from the guard. “I'll talk to you later, Hatake.” “Alright. See you!” They walked into Konoha, and the four daughters gaped in wonder at the sight. Saiiya smiled when she saw her brother, and immediately jumped into his arms. “Ani! Oh kami, you don't know how annoying that dumb blonde was! I thought we'd NEVER get home,” she muttered under her breath as the group caught up. “Anechan, is this your ani?”
 
Kakashi's uncovered eye rolled down to look at the little girl. “Lio's your anechan? When did you disown me, my beautiful and talented imoutochan?” Kakashi asked jokingly, and Saiiya glared at him. ((A/N: Kakashi heard from Tsunade that Saiiya's codename was Lio -^^-)) “Hai, he is,” she replied to Terra, and murmured quietly to Kakashi, “Ani, her sisters are asses, so I'm her temporary sister. I would never disown you, and you know that.” Kakashi turned his attention to the flashy blonde. She had dolled up for their arrival, and needless to say, she would momentarily forget her current man to scope out the bountiful supply of bishies in Konoha (9). She pushed Saiiya aside, stepping up to her masked dreamboat, giving him a seductive smile.
 
“May I ask who you are, handsome?” she purred, her finger running along the edge of his mask, leaning close to his face. “Lio's older brother. You?” She just leaned closer, her body touching his. “Haisu. Haisu Shiia. But you can call me whatever you want…” she purred, and Kakashi took her hand, stepping away. “Erm, alright, Haisusan. I'm going to go with my imoutochan and talk with her about the mission. You, erm, go back with the others and they'll take you…away from here,” Kakashi explained, and Saiiya turned Terra around. “I'm going to spend time with him, so you can go with them. Arina'll keep you busy. She's real fun. I'll be back soon, okay?” Terra turned and looked Saiiya in the eye. “Promise?” Saiiya smiled and hugged her. “Promise.”
 
Kakashi and Saiiya then turned around, disappearing. Shiia looked after him. “That man was hot….” She whispered to Terra, and Terra rolled her eyes, walking over to Kayrin, starting up a conversation with her. Meanwhile, Kakashi and Saiiya landed outside of the Hokage's building. They walked inside, waving to the guards on duty as they walked up the flights of stairs. “Come in,” rang Tsunade's strong voice, and Kakashi opened the door. Bowing, Saiiya began. “The mission was a success, Tsunade-sama. All four daughters have been transported successfully. No outside complications besides three of them being complete assholes,” Saiiya explained, and Kakashi grinned under his mask. “You didn't fight any of them, did you?” Tsunade asked. “No…but Kayrin did argue quite a bit, but we never physically harmed them.”
 
Tsuande sighed. “Understood. You have a new mission. They are to stay here for a few months, and I want you to watch them.” Saiiya groaned. “Tsunade-sama. PLEASE don't make me watch those brats any longer. You can't be serious! There has to be another ANBU team available. I have to start training Guy's team again!” Saiiya begged, her hands hitting Tsunade's desk. “There are no other teams. If you want, you can take them to the training. The Daimyo recommended it.” Saiiya let out an exasperated sigh. “How many months?” “Only until the Daimyo is safe.” “Safe?” Tsunade looked deadly serious. “The Daimyo has received threatening letters about his daughters, and they knew the location of where you were originally headed. He requested we take them back to Konoha and place a skilled ANBU team to protect them, he paid top dollar for this, as well, so we agreed. And who else to protect them than the ANBU squad already protecting them? They will be in a safe environment surrounded by other ninja in the village.”
 
“Where will they stay? I am unable to sustain four extra people in my home, and Shijin…” “An apartment has been prepared for them. Here are the directions. I want you to get them settled in their temporary home. Understood?” Saiiya exhaled deeply. “Hai. Kakashi, let's go.” Kakashi and Saiiya turned to leave. “Saiiya.” “Hai?” “Good luck.” Saiiya gave Tsunade a smile and left. “If you need any help, imouto…” “I know, you don't have to tell me. I hate all of these surprises that have been occurring lately. Just watch out for Shiia. She's a real pain. As you can see…” Saiiya waved her hand at the blonde as she flirted with a Jonin Saiiya had trained with a while back. Kakashi let out a snort.
 
“I'll take your new imoutochan.” “Oh no. She's MINE. You can have fun with the twins.” Kakashi sweat dropped. Shijin walked forward, bowing his head. “Lio, what is the news?” “We have been ordered to keep them here, and we have been ordered as ANBU to watch and protect them.” “As ANBU? What happened?” “The Daimyo has received threats against his daughters, and wants to protect them for the time being.” “Are you serious? We have to watch them?” Sierra asked. “Hai. We have no need for our codenames any longer. We should tell them.” Sierra nodded, and motioned for everyone to come over. “What? I was just about to get that guy's number,” Shiia whined as they all formed a circle.
 
“I have information for you and your sisters. Myself and my team have been instructed to protect you four here in Konoha for the next few months. Also, we are not who you think we are. We are an ANBU squad and have been using codenames. My name is Hatake Saiiya. My second in command is not Yajuu, but Takuma Shijin. Thirdly, Risa is actually Yusai Sierra. And last but not least is Kayrin. You must always have one of us with you at all times. You are NEVER to be wandering around here alone, and you are not to leave the village until given direct permission from the Hokage and you are to have a team of ANBU with you once you do. Now, there is an apartment prepared for the four of you. Shijin will take you there and get you settled. In the meantime, I am going to locate my students. Dismissed.”
 
Saiiya turned to leave, but felt a tug on her shirt. “Anechan?” questioned Terra. “Hai?” “Can I spend some time with Arin- I mean Kayrin?” she asked, and Saiiya chuckled. “Yeah, that's fine with me. If you want to find me, just ask Kayrin, okay?” “Okay! Bye!” Terra gave her older sister a quick hug and went running off with Kayrin. She grinned and turned back around. She wandered around the village, searching for her students. She found Neji, and waved to him, jogging over to him. “I didn't know you did grocery shopping, Neji.” She pointed to the bag filled with groceries. Neji gave Saiiya a blank stare. “Hai. I do.” Saiiya nodded, smiling. “Alright, well I wanted to let you know that training will start tomorrow.” “Hatake-sensei?” Saiiya raised an eyebrow. “I have plans tomorrow.”
 
Saiiya gave Neji a confused glance, and then sighed. “Alright, understood. Then the day after, is that alright with you?” “It is fine.” Neji continued walking, and Saiiya walked with him. “Why are you following me?” Saiiya snorted. “I'm not following you, I am walking with you to give you some company. Besides, I'd like to talk to you. I find it a thing for me to get to know my students personally.” Neji looked at Saiiya, and then smirked. “Women…” “What?” Saiiya asked, crossing her arms. “You always make things so personal.” “Exactly! It's more fun that way.” “It's troublesome.” “Okay, now you're sounding like Shikamaru.” “Hn.” Saiiya laughed, and Neji turned to her, looking confused. “What?” “You are interesting to say the least, Neji.” “As are you, Hatake-sensei.” “Please, it's Saiiya.”
 
“Alright…Saiiya-sensei.” “Do you cook?” Neji looked at Saiiya as if she were an idiot. “Men do not cook.” “I know a few who do.” “Not in the Hyuga Clan.” Saiiya sighed. “Is it too undignified?” Neji picked up some fruit and put it in the bag. Saiiya flinched. “Hai. May I ask why you're looking at me that way?” he asked, raising an eyebrow at her. Saiiya nodded, reaching in his bag and taking out the fruit he just put in there. “You haven't shopped much, have you?” she asked, putting them back down. “No…” “Those fruit had bruises on them; you need whole, healthy fruit, like this one.” She picked up a ripe, round one without any blemishes and put it in his bag. “….” Neji looked at the fruit and shrugged, continuing to walk.
 
“You need a lot of help on this Neji…” Neji just shook his head and finished his shopping with the help of his teacher. As they got to the cash register, Saiiya decided to go check up on the girls. “Have a good night, Neji!” she laughed, waving to him as she walked out of the store and onto the street. Neji nodded and bought his stuff. `She's different…that girl….' He thought as he walked home. He saw Tenten leaning against a building a few feet ahead of him. “Tenten.” She looked up, blushing. “Nejikun!” she exclaimed. He knew she had a crush on him, and it was quite apparent she still did. “We have practice in two days.” “Oh, so tomorrow's still good?” Neji nodded. “Awesome! Okay! Thanks again. I'll see you at the party!” she laughed, waving to him before she ran off.
 
**Back at the apartment**
 
Shijin and Sierra sighed heavily. Shiia had gone back to clinging to Shijin liked there was no tomorrow. Terra had grown to be fast friends with Kayrin, and they were chatting away endlessly. The twins had both collapsed in the large beds provided for them, and were snoring away. There was a knock on the door, and Shijin eagerly left Shiia to go and answer the door. “You look horrible Shijin, are you alright?” Saiiya asked, looking in disbelief at the disgruntled man. “Oh, just dandy,” he muttered, waving her inside.
 
“Anechan!” shouted Terra, and she ran to Saiiya, tackling the ANBU. “What's up squirt?” Saiiya asked, ruffling her imouto's hair. “I'm talking to Kayrinchan! She's a lot of fun!” Terra laughed, beaming. “That's awesome. I came by to see how you all were.” “Well, Oneesan is driving Shijin and Sierra insane…” Terra explained, and Saiiya laughed. “I see. Well, you can go and hang with Kayrin.” “Will you come with me?” she asked, grasping Saiiya's hand hopefully. “Sure.”
 
After about four hours, Terra began to grow tired. “I'm sleepy, anechan.” Saiiya looked amused. “Well, you should go to sleep.” “Are you going to stay?” “No, it's not my shift tonight. But in two days I'll stay ALL night. Promise.” She looked excited, and hugged Saiiya, taking her and Kayrin by the hand and dragging them to her room. “Can you tuck me in and read me a story?” she asked, throwing off her clothes and pulling out a nightgown. “Sure. Which part do you want to do, Kayrin?” Saiiya asked. “I'll read her the story. In fact, I'll make it up.” Saiiya nodded, and Terra waited patiently by the bed. Saiiya uncovered the blankets, and Terra hopped in.
 
After tucking her in, Saiiya gave her a kiss on the forehead. “G'night, imoutochan,” she whispered, smiling. Terra raised her arms up, giving her ane a hug. “G'night anechan!” she exclaimed, and lay back down. Kayrin pulled a stool over and began weaving a dramatic tale about the three of them battling demons and dragons and monsters. Saiiya smiled as Kayrin came to the climatic point, and explained how with her help, Terra valiantly defeated the demon lord, and they went home as heroes. Terra's eyes drooped, and just as Kayrin finished, she fell asleep. Saiiya turned off the light, and she and the other ANBU left the room, closing it gently.
 
They arrived to see that Shiia had already gone to bed. Sierra was leaning against Shijin, and Shijin looked over at Saiiya and Kayrin. Sierra opened her eyes and stood up. “Well, I'll be on guard if you need me,” she murmured, blushing as she left. “Saiiya, Kayrin, are you going home?” he asked, and the two nodded. “And you?” “I am. I can walk you two home if you need me to.” Kayrin gave him a sly smirk. “You just want to spend time with your C-R-U-S-H…” Shijin blushed. “Shut up! It's a noble thing to do.” “Mhm, sure…” Shijin sighed heavily, standing. “It's fine Shijin, we live on opposite sides of Konoha. Kayrin can keep me company and we can defend ourselves. You take care.” Shijin nodded, feeling embarrassed as Kayrin and the love of his life disappeared.
 
“You know, Saiiya, I don't think any guy has liked you the way Shijin does. You should give him a chance.” “Hm? I don't know. He's a bit old for me, don't you think?” she asked as they strolled down the sidewalk. “True, but since when has any other man, besides your brother, looked at you the way Shijin has? I think he loves you.” Saiiya snorted. “Don't be silly. Love? Someone like me? I doubt it. Maybe an infatuation, but I don't think it's that serious.” Kayrin shrugged. “Just lettin' you know. Hey, what do you think about that Hyuga boy? You went shopping with him earlier,” Kayrin noted, and Saiiya looked over at her best friend as if she were insane.
 
“Neji? Are you suggesting that I may have an infatuation with HIM?” Kayrin just responded with a coy smile. “He's my STUDENT! I don't fall in love with my students!” Kayrin laughed. “Hey, you've never shopped with any of your students before.” “Because I've never caught my students shopping on their own.” “You were flirting with him when you were shopping, though. You've never-” “Excuse me! I was not flirting with him!” Kayrin gave Saiiya a I've-known-you-too-long look. “Kayrin…I don't…” Kayrin just grinned. “You do.” “So what if I may have a close bond with him? It's not like I'm going to advance on him or anything. That would freak him out.”
 
“Or he'll respond positively and ask you out.” Saiiya couldn't help but blush furiously at the thought. “He's proud, and he doesn't know anything about relationships, probably, and he doesn't know ANYTHING about women, he is too dignified for his own good, he's pompous, overly self confident, wouldn't think of an arrogant, ambitious, clan less ANBU with an ego as high, if not higher, as myself. He'd probably go after a beautiful, reserved, elegant, and wealthy heir of some clan. Not that anyone could rival our beauty.” Kayrin sighed heavily at Saiiya's high self esteem. “I think he would. You two would just explode with your mix of egos. Besides, like you said, you're an ANBU, which means you're powerful, which leads to strong offspring. That's a big plus for his family.”
 
“Offspring? When the hell did we get down THAT road of conversation?” Saiiya asked, stopping to look at her friend. “Since I decided to. Now come on or I'll stop and never get going.” Saiiya began walking again, her arms crossed. “Either way, Kayrin, I don't think we'd make a good match. So many complications with teaching and missions. It'd be a hassle. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if he picked up some hot chick who deserved him more than I do. Also, he'd never see me more than an arrogant ANBU who just so happened to teach him temporarily to make him stronger.” Kayrin just shook her head and they turned down another road. “You are really weird, you know that, Saiiya?” “Hai. I do. That's what makes us, well, US.” The two giggled a bit.
 
“Tomorrow, Sierra wanted to treat the team to a mission well done. Before that, you wanna go see a movie?” Kayrin offered after a few moments of silence. “Why not?” “Awesome. I heard there's a new movie out. I can't remember the name.” “Well, whatever. We'll decide tomorrow. Oh! I also need to buy Christmas Presents! Christmas is in 3 weeks, right?” Kayrin thought a moment. “You're right. I can't believe it's already been a whole year since last Christmas. It feels like it was just yesterday.” Saiiya nodded in agreement as they walked up to Saiiya's apartment. “Time flies when you're a shinobi, doesn't it?” Kayrin nodded. “Well, good night!” Saiiya nodded and waved, walking into her house. “Oh, Saiiya.” Saiiya turned her head to glance over her shoulder. “Nani (10)?” “Don't forget about tomorrow. About my surprise for you.” “Oh yeah, my birthday, right.”
 
**Next morning**
 
Sunlight shone through the ANBU's room, the girl stirring in her bed. Sitting up, she looked in the mirror across the room hanging on the wall opposite to her wall. `Do I always look this tired when I wake up? Hmm…maybe I've been working too hard…' Saiiya shrugged and collapsed in bed once more, falling asleep for another hour before finally getting up. “I don't have anything to do today…wait a second…” Saiiya stopped and looked at her calendar. “It's December 6th….there's something important going on today…oh my god! It's my birthday!” she exclaimed. “How the hell did I forget my birthday?!?!” Saiiya rushed to her closet, throwing it open.
 
“I have to wear something nice tonight! And where's Ani with my breakfast? He always remembers to give me breakfast in bed on my birthday! Damn it, how did I forget my fucking birthday?! I have to go find Kayrin, she said she was going to do something special for me on my birthday…damn damn damn damn damn!!” Saiiya threw on a black yukata, pulling her hair up into a high ponytail, and putting on some light makeup the way Sierra had taught her, rushing out her bedroom door and downstairs. Kakashi sat at the table, sipping his morning tea. “What're you doing, imoutochan? What's with the yukata?” Saiiya grabbed a piece of bread, having no time to toast it. She was supposed to meet Kayrin at the Hokage's place in 5 minutes. “I have to meet Kayrin for my birthday…got to go! Love you!” she exclaimed, rushing to throw her shoes on and shoving the bread in her mouth.
 
As soon as Saiiya left, Kakashi jumped to his feet. “Shit, I forgot about that. It was today, wasn't it?” he thought aloud as he ran to go get dressed. Saiiya, meanwhile, ran through the streets, dodging people left and right. “Hatake-sensei!” came a cry, and Saiiya skidded to a halt just before she knocked over a passerby and turned to see none other than Lee. “Lee? What are you doing here?” Saiiya asked. “I live in Konoha, Hatake-sensei. But, I need your help! A youthful young girl is stuck in a ditch and has been calling for you.”
 
Saiiya's heartbeat tripled. “Terra?” “Um, yes. Could you please help me?” Lee could've sworn he'd never seen Saiiya run faster as she went to save her poor imoutochan. Lee pressed a button hidden under his hair, activating his microphone. “Distraction enabled. Green Beast, out.” “Good work Green Beast, Lazy Wolf, out.” “Um, Lazy Wolf? What's with the codenames?” “Oh shut up, Waterlogged, it just makes it fun.” Lee smirked and jumped after Saiiya. He landed behind her, watching her jump down the ditch to pick up her poor, defenseless sister. “Anechan! You saved me! I was really scared.” Saiiya hugged Terra tightly, burying her face in Terra's hair.
 
“Are you okay, imoutochan?” she asked, holding her little sister tighter. “H-hai. Are you okay, anechan?” Terra asked cautiously. Saiiya sighed with relief and leaned back, a sad smile on her face. “I was afraid you had gotten hurt, and I would've blamed myself if you did. You got me really worried for a minute there, Terra.” Terra grinned. “What're sisters for?” Saiiya smiled and ruffled Terra's hair. “Let's hurry or Kayrin's going to kill me.” Terra cocked her head to the side. “Hurry to where?” “It's my birthday, and Kayrin has a special surprise for me. Now I'm late, but it's not your fault.” Terra nodded, grinning as Saiiya turned, slipping the girl onto her back and jumping out of the ditch.
 
Lee was no where in sight, so she dashed off towards her original destination. She sighed in exasperation as she was stopped by Iruka, who convinced her to get some Udon together. “Iruka…I really need to go, I'm going to be late…” Saiiya explained as Iruka and Terra slurped contentedly on the noodles. “Just finish your Udon and you can go.” Saiiya sighed and ate the rest of the noodles in one bite. She grabbed Terra by her hand, mouth stuffed with udon noodles. “Mmpphhh!!” ((A/N: Translation: Bye!))) Iruka tapped into the radio he had received. “Final distraction has been completed. Target headed towards tower and expected to arrive in two minutes. Dolphin, out.” “Thank you, Dolphin. Preparations complete. Lazy Wolf, out.”
 
Finally, Saiiya arrived at the Hokage tower, half an hour late. “Damn, she's going to be pissed. Now where is she?” Saiiya looked around. Finding no one, she opened the door. The lights were off, and she wandered over to a light switch. She ran her hand along the wall, coming in contact with another hand. She yelped and jumped backwards, and the lights turned on. “SURPRISE!!” came the hundreds of voices, startling Saiiya out of her wits. Everyone she knew was standing in the large room, party decorations everywhere. Saiiya's hand clapped over her mouth, and she held back a scream. “You all…did this?” she breathed, finding the owner of the hand: Kayrin.
 
Kayrin smirked. “Happy birthday, Saiiya.” Upbeat music began and Saiiya joined the party. She wasn't the best dancer, but it didn't mean she hated dancing. Several guys asked her to dance, and she willingly agreed. She loved the attention, and it just fed to her ego. She could've sworn Kayrin had fit the entire village into this room. She recognized every face, grinning at the fact that she knew so many people. “Hey, will you take a break from dancing and open your gifts?” questioned her older brother.
 
Saiiya turned, her eyes aglow, and sat down in the chair, smiling brightly. Everyone gathered around as she opened present after present, immensely grateful for each gift. She may be egotistical, but she never took anything for granted. Once she finished, the lights dimmed. Saiiya beamed as the cake was brought out. She almost squealed, looking at the glowing candles. The traditional song broke out, and once they finished, Saiiya closed her eyes. `I wish I would find true love…and get all the Christmas presents wrapped and delivered by Christmas. Oh, and maybe a couple hundred Yen would do.' and she blew out the candles in one blow.
 
“Wait a second, how do we know you didn't cheat and use your wind elemental abilities to help you blow those candles out?” Kayrin asked suspiciously, and received an innocent look from Saiiya. “Now, would I do such a thing?” she asked, batting her eyelashes. Kayrin was unaffected. “Yes.” Saiiya grinned. “I blew them out though, didn't I?” Kayrin rolled her eyes and Sierra moved forward to cut the cake. Saiiya stood, stretching. “Here ya go, Saiiya. The first piece,” Sierra offered, and Saiiya took the cake. “Oooh…vanilla, my favorite. Who is the Chef?” “That would be me.” Saiiya grinned at Sierra. “Aww…you shouldn't have.” “But I did.” Saiiya just smirked and bit into the cake, her taste buds melting in delight.
 
“You spoil her too much,” Kakashi joked as he ruffled Saiiya's hair. “But you love me anyways,” Saiiya replied, and Kakashi sighed. “Unfortunately.” Silence filled the room as people began munching on the scrumptious treat. Then, startling half the crowd, Kayrin kicked the music back up, and dragged the teenaged ANBU out to the dance floor. “Neji! Come dance with the birthday girl!” she ordered, and Neji was dragged over as people resumed dancing. “Nani?” Saiiya asked, her cheeks turning a light pink. “You heard me, dance with Hyuga!” “That isn't necessary, Kayrin.” Kayrin stuck her tongue out as Neji stopped in front of Saiiya, Terra giggling as she moved next to Kayrin to enjoy the show.
 
To both dancers' dismay, a slow song turned on. Saiiya gave Kayrin a death glare, but assumed position with Neji. “Can you dance?” she asked hopefully, but Neji sweat dropped. “Only ballroom.” “Shit. Is this song suitable for ballroom?” “Not really.” “Shit.” Neji sighed. “You really shouldn't be cursing so much. You set a bad example for younger students.” Saiiya glared at the Hyuga as they attempted to slow dance. “I can hold my tongue when the situation calls for it, Neji.” The edged of Neji's lips twitched upwards a hair. “I doubt it.” “If you want your ass kicked so badly, it'd be easier if you knelt before me and begged me.”
 
“I am deathly afraid of you, Saiiya-sensei…” he remarked sarcastically. Saiiya stepped on his foot, glaring death and fury at the man. “You certainly know how to piss me off, don't you?” she asked, and Neji just smirked. The song ended, leaving Saiiya completely dissatisfied. She walked over to the punch, pouring herself a glass. “So, I saw you two talking, how was it?” Kayrin asked, and Saiiya shot her an irritated glance. “He's a fucking bastard and he pissed the hell out of me, that's what happened,” Saiiya snapped irritably, drinking the reddish-blue liquid. She then wore a disgusted grimace. “Did someone spike the punch? It tastes like alcohol…” Kayrin glanced over to see a smitten Tsunade sipping her tenth glass of punch. “I think so.” Saiiya sighed. “Life sure is full of surprises, isn't it?” Kayrin just nodded. “It definitely is.”
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author: Ha! The end of Chapter 3! This was a long one, and I got the team back in Konoha and it doesn't seem that Neji and Saiiya are getting along too well. But, alas, it will change. Again, don't be lazy and not write a review. Just let me know what you think. Thanks a bunch!
 
TTFN! Ta Ta for now!
 
 
(1) Oneesan - Older sister of another's family. Basically meaning that Terra's sisters are so distant it's like they aren't even related to her.
 
(2) Chichi- Father (in reference to your own family)
 
(3) Imoutochan - Younger sister (imouto) who is really close to you (chan) in reference to your own family
 
(4) Anechan- Older sister (ane) who is close (chan) in ref. to your own family
 
(5) Hai - yes Arigatou - Thank you
 
(6) Ani- older brother (in ref. to your own family)
 
(7) kami - god
 
(8) oro- huh?
 
(9) Bishies - shortened form for bishounen meaning a handsome man
 
(10) Nani- What?