Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Rain ❯ Festival ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Author: Kya! I'm finally writing Chapter 6! I know I took longer than normal to update, but better late than never, eh? Hope your Winter Bliss was better than Saiiya's lol. Again, Milton, thank you so much for reviewing! I love writing these chapters, I laugh so much! I'll probably draw some more pictures and put them up in the near future! Anyways, here's Chapter six, like I promised! Thanks for waiting and reading! Chapter 7 will be a Christmas-New Year's joined together, and I hope you have an AWESOME new year! *runs around in circles*
 
Naruto: ….I'm not even going to ask…
 
Author: Good. Because Saiiya's threat don't just pop out of thin air… *menacing glare*
 
Naruto: *pales*
 
Saiiya: *smiles at readers* On with the story!
 
Disclaimer: Guess what? I own Saiiya! Oh!! I also own Shijin! And Sierra! *continues ranting about her 9 characters she owns, woot!* I also own this plot. Nyah! Whatcha gonna do about it now? Huh? Yeah… that's all I own…except my Christmas Presents…but that's about it…maybe some lint…wait…that's too expensive….*sighs* life is cruel! This computer isn't even mine! *goes and cries in a corner*
 
Note:
 
~*~ = time skip or location jump (e.g. going ahead two days, going from Neji's house to Saiiya's house, etc.)
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 6:
Festival
 
 
 
A servant with long brown hair walked shyly up to the door of the Hyuga's guest that had resided there for the past few days, stuck in the home until the blizzard ended. She had gotten quite upset with the previous servant from the night before, so she went to bed with a foul mood. She knew that every person she had served before had been ten times worse in the morning when they went to bed angry. Well, except those who loved mornings, but the ANBU she had been ordered to wake up was NOT a morning person, according to the other servants.
 
Timidly, she knocked on the door. There was silence on the other end. “Hatake-sama?” the servant asked, opening the door. Saiiya was sprawled out on the bed, almost making the servant laugh, but she refrained herself. Saiiya rolled over, hearing something in the distance. “Nnn…” she groaned covering her eyes as a bright light shone in them. “Hatake-sama, please get up,” the voice pleaded, sounding closer. “Nooo…just a few more days…” Saiiya responded groggily.
 
The servant sighed. At least she hadn't attacked her yet. “You need to get up…” Saiiya slowly removed her arm from her eyes, squinting at the servant. She sat up, yawning. She looked over at the servant, blinking several times. The servant was about to smile at her accomplishment when Saiiya fell backwards, drifting into sleep again. She put her hands on her hips, becoming irritated.
 
She got over her shyness and shook the sleeping kunoichi. “Hatake Saiiya! Get up!” the servant yelled as quietly as she could, and Saiiya turned over, opening her eyes and glaring death at the servant. The shyness returned. “I'm switching personalities with Kayrin today, so leave me alone,” Saiiya hissed, and looked behind her with more irritation. The servant turned to see none other than Hyuga Neji leaning against the edge of the door. “Quit harassing my servants, Saiiya,” he ordered, and Saiiya grumbled something under her breath and pulled the covers over her head, lying down again.
 
Neji stepped forward, waving the servant to the side. Saiiya let out a yelp as cold air swept over her body. She reached for the blanket, but found it wasn't there. She curled into a ball, and Neji then reached for the pillow. He pulled it from underneath her head, and it hit the bed with a soft `thud'. Saiiya covered her eyes, using her arm as a headrest. “Get your ass up or I'll take the mattress next,” he ordered, and Saiiya sat up. “I can't wait to start teaching you again, Neji…” she mumbled, sitting up.
 
She usually wasn't this irritable in the morning, but after last night, she still had some things to simmer over. Actually, she had been quite moody the past few days. As she shoved Neji out of the room, she paled. `It's been what, 3 and a half weeks since last time, right? So I'll be starting soon. Damn.' she thought as the servant supplied her with a new robe and left quickly.
 
As she walked out, she glanced at her student. “Nani, Neji? I know how to get to the dining room. I told you I don't need you to escort me.” Neji smirked. “I feel the need to protect my servants from your wrath. You were about to beat the shit out of Rin this morning,” Neji replied smoothly, and Saiiya rolled her eyes. “Maybe I should beat the shit out of YOU.” Neji chuckled. “You still owe me for the movies, you know.” Saiiya cursed mentally. She had hoped he would've forgotten about it. She always paid people back, but she didn't feel Neji deserved it. He had been such an ass, even though they had gotten along quite well the past few days.
 
Saiiya chuckled. `That's because we haven't talked to each other much since the night I went outside during the blizzard…' she mused, smiling. “What are you laughing about now?” Neji asked, looking straight ahead. “Nothing important.” Neji wanted to slap the girl. Ever since their encounter outside during the blizzard, whenever she would randomly chuckle about something or get pissed off for no reason it seemed, he would ask her what she was doing that for, and she'd just respond with “nothing important” or “it doesn't concern you” and to put it simply, it irritated the living hell out of him.
 
His thoughts drifted to breakfast. Hiashi only needed one dinner to get his opinion on Saiiya, and he didn't feel the need to watch her, so she, Neji, Hinata, and Hanabi ate together in private. Neji almost snorted. Hiashi knew NOTHING of Saiiya. She put on a rather impressive show for his uncle, but that just proved she was an excellent actress. She was sadistic, outgoing, talkative, arrogant, egotistical, critical, analytical, humorous, friendly, moody, intelligent, powerful, a tomboy, almost fearless, and quite a bitch at times.
 
Saiiya glanced at Neji carefully. His face showed an emotion she couldn't quite understand. It was something like arrogance, serenity, annoyance, and humor all in one. `If only I could find out what he's thinking…' The pair was brought out of their thoughts as they arrived at the dining room. Neji opened the door, allowing Saiiya in first, as was the gentlemanly thing to do. Saiiya bowed her head towards him, walking in. Hinata and Hanabi were already there, and Rin was serving breakfast. She saw Saiiya and blushed, bowing deeply.
 
“Gomen nesai, Hatake-sama for my behavior this morning,” she apologized, and Saiiya stepped forward. The servant flinched as Saiiya stood her straight up, smiling gently. “There's no need to bow to me. I should be the one apologizing for my behavior.” Then, to the servant's surprise, Saiiya stepped back, bowing. Neji, Hinata, and Hanabi all gaped at her, wide-eyed. Never once had any of them seen someone being served bow to the servant. Saiiya stood up.
 
There was a strange silence as Saiiya sat down at the table. She closed her eyes, exhaling calmly. She opened her eyes, grinning brightly almost like a child. “Well, let's eat!” she exclaimed, and the servant meekly nodded, going to get more breakfast. Neji sat down next to her, not knowing what to say. She started up a conversation with Hinata and Hanabi, Neji listening intently. Neji swore he never heard so much talking during breakfast in his life. The excitement was probably surging through the women before him and causing them to talk nonstop.
 
Hanabi grinned at Saiiya as she explained a rather strange dream she had the previous night. Saiiya had been attacked several times by large, mutated muffins, and Neji had been eaten alive (much to Saiiya's pleasure). Saiiya had calmed them down by offering them blankets, which they snuggled underneath and Hanabi had gained control over Konoha. Saiiya always had weird dreams, as Neji discovered, and his two cousins were quite eager to know what she dreamt about.
 
As they neared the end of their meal, Saiiya grew quite anxious. “I'm probably going to leave after breakfast. I want to go home and see Terra,” Saiiya announced, stretching. Neji was both happy and sad that the ANBU was leaving. They had gotten to a point in their relationship that Neji could actually consider her a friend. But the very frayed edges of `friend'. He also wouldn't admit it to her for quite a while. He didn't know how she would react if he told her, so he decided to hold his tongue.
 
Saiiya finally stood up, looking over at Hinata. “Hinata, When do you want me to give you these robes back? I think I have six of them now…” Saiiya mentioned, and Hinata shrugged. “You can return them whenever you want. Maybe after the festival tonight.” Saiiya nodded, grinning brightly at the thought of the festival. She always looked forward to festivals. They always brought warm feelings that made her spirits soar. It was also time where spent time with all of her friends and especially with her brother.
 
Twenty minutes later, Saiiya was walking out the door into the snow, waving to Hinata, Hanabi, and Neji. “So I'll see you tonight at…seven, right?” Saiiya asked, and Hinata nodded. “Alright! Bye!” Saiiya called, disappearing in a puff of smoke. Minutes later, she reappeared outside the apartments. She looked up, a cold wind blowing her hair. “I wonder how everyone is…” she thought aloud, rushing upstairs to reunite with her friends and her imouto.
 
Kayrin was about to knock off Shiia's head when she heard a knock on the door. She and Shijin turned to see the door slide open, revealing a very chipper Saiiya. Terra, who was sitting on the floor, jumped to her feet. “Anechan!!!” she shouted, running towards the black haired kunoichi. “Imoutochan!!” Saiiya exclaimed, embracing the small child. “ImissedyousomuchKakashitookmehomebeforeIcouldtalktoyouandyouwereslee pingsowecouldn'twakeyouupandIdidn'tknow-ifyouwereokayornotbecauseImissedyou soooomuch!!”
 
Saiiya laughed, ruffling her hair. “I have no idea what you just said, but I missed you.” Shiia walked up to Saiiya, glaring at her with her hands on her hips. Saiiya looked up casually, raising an eyebrow. “Hai?” “I heard that you saved my sister's life…” Shiia muttered, and Saiiya nodded slightly. “Just doing my job, Shiia.” The twins walked out of another room, looking at their older sister. “That's Shiia's way of thanking you,” one of them noted, and Saiiya smiled. “Well, you're welcome, Shiia.”
 
Kayrin then walked up, crossing her arms and smirking. “Sooo…how'd you do this time? Any serious wounds?” she asked, and Saiiya nodded. She lifted the end of her robe, revealing the scar on her leg that had faded a lot. With a few more heals, it would be almost completely invisible. “Stabbed in the leg by one, and another hit me in the side. A minor burn on my arm, and I strained the muscles in my shoulder. That was a messed up battle, though. It was about 40 to 1 when I was counting.”
 
Kayrin snickered. “Shut up!” Saiiya snapped, slapping her friend playfully on the arm. “Kakashi had been training with me for an hour beforehand.” “You know, I'd be able to take `em all on. I think I might be getting better than you, Saiiya…” Kayrin teased, and Saiiya glared at her. “I ought to slap you.” Shijin sweat dropped. “Do you two ALWAYS have to do this?” he questioned, and the two kunoichi grinned at him. “Yeah. Basically.”
 
Shijin rolled his eyes, muttering something about women and found great interest in staring at the blank walls. “Anyhow, we're meeting Hinata at seven, so I'll watch these four for a little while. You guys can take a break. Thanks a bunch for covering for me these past few days. If I need you I'll alert you.” Shijin and Kayrin stood smiling and waving, leaving Saiiya alone with the four princesses.
 
She soon found that watching them was quite simple aside from Shiia occasionally pestering her and irritating her beyond belief. Terra sat in her lap, Saiiya unconsciously stroking her hair as Terra rambled about things that she hadn't talked about yet. Saiiya looked up as she heard a knock on the door. Terra looked up at the ANBU and hopped off, rushing to the door as Saiiya followed at a slower pace. She opened the door, almost bursting out in laughter as she saw a man in his early twenties standing there with a large bouquet of flowers. “Umm…is Shiia-chan there?” he asked somewhat nervously.
 
“Oooh!! I'll be right there!!” shouted Shiia from the other room, and Saiiya looked him over carefully. “May I ask who you are?” Saiiya questioned, glancing down at the flowers. “Um, my name? Nereko. Lizashi Nereko.” Saiiya glanced over her shoulder to see Shiia arrive in quite a revealing dress. “I'm ready to go!” she exclaimed, her hair in a braid.
 
“And where do you think you're going, Shiia?” Saiiya asked, her arms crossed. `Oh great, now I'm acting like a mother.' “Tch, on a DATE. What does it look like?” Saiiya glared at her. “It looks like you want to defy a direct order, unless you plan on having a member of my team meet up with you. OR if you are stupid enough to want to go outside the village, you MUST already have an entire ANBU team prepared to escort you. I KNOW you wouldn't be a complete retard and go out there by yourself.”
 
Shiia placed her hands on her hips. “No, Nereko will be with me,” she replied in a cocky tone. “Is he a qualified ANBU?” “No…” “Then he doesn't count. My orders are to have an ANBU with you while walking outside alone, or even with a small group at ALL times. Did you not hear what happened when I, an ANBU myself, was escorting your sister? 40 ninja attacked us. That's a bit much for just one small child. There are risks going outside.”
 
Shiia huffed. “You're not my mother, I can do what I want!” Saiiya gritted her teeth. “But I am your GUARD. Which means you have to follow my orders for your own protection! Either take one of my team with you or you can stay here and I'll send your little boyfriend home.” Shiia glared darkly at the ANBU, but sighed in defeat. “Fine, but I want as little contact with them as possible.”
 
Saiiya formed several hand seals, closing her eyes as blue chakra formed into a mirror in front of her. “Shijin?” she said clearly, and the face of her comrade appeared in the chakra mirror, even though it was really faded. “Hai, Captain?” was the reply, and Saiiya glanced over at Shiia, who glared back impatiently. “I need a volunteer to guard Shiia as she goes out on a date this afternoon.” Shijin shrugged. “I'll find someone and send them over.” “Arigato, Shijin.” “No problem.” The mirror faded and disappeared.
 
“Wait a few minutes, and there will be someone.” Nereko groaned. “Shiia, I wanted the two of us to be alone…” he murmured, running his hands through her hair and leaning close to her. Shiia smiled and leaned in even closer, whispering something Saiiya didn't pick up. Terra was still gawking at her ane. “How'd you do that?!” she exclaimed, and Saiiya looked down at her. “Oh? You mean the mirror?”
 
Terra nodded eagerly. Saiiya then explained how she used her wind control to reflect rays of light and bent them using air pressure to form an image of the person or object. Terra was ecstatic, commenting about how cool her Ane was. Saiiya noticed Kayrin walk in, an unusually sinister look on her face. Saiiya forced back a laugh. She figured Kayrin would volunteer.
 
“Ah, Kayrin. Meet Shiia's new lover, Nereko. It's the usual guarding, keep her safe, oh, and I'd suggest using the modified version, I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate it,” Saiiya explained, shooting a foxy grin at her friend. Kayrin gave her a thumb's up. “Of course! I like that version better, anyway.” The two friends sniggered and the rest of the people just looked at the two with confusion lining their faces. “Umm…can I go?” Shiia asked.
 
“No. I need to ask Nereko a few questions first,” Kayrin replied, and before anyone could respond to her comment, she had dragged Nereko into another section of the apartment, interrogating the living daylights out of him. Saiiya smiled, sitting back down in the chair, relaxing. “You could be here a while. Kayrin's very…thorough in her interrogations.” Shiia looked dumbfounded, but just huffed and sat down with a light `flump'.
 
Half an hour later, Kayrin came back out, stretching. Nereko looked unamused, grabbing Shiia by the arm and pulling her to the door. “Let's go, Shiia,” he muttered, and Kayrin walked casually over to Saiiya. “I don't get happy-go-lucky vibes from that guy. Just letting you know I may need back-up,” Kayrin explained, receiving a nod from Saiiya. She waved goodbye, and the trio left the building. Terra then hopped back onto Saiiya's lap and continued talking.
 
~*~
 
Kayrin returned with a bright grin and Shiia with a towel and a soaked body. “There was a small fire, but luckily I doused it. I offered to dry her off with a wind jutsu, but she didn't really appreciate it, so I just got her wet again,” Kayrin informed, shrugging. Saiiya chuckled as the sopping wet princess stomped into her room. “About her date?” Saiiya asked, standing up. Terra had fallen asleep after they ate lunch, so she had just been watching the twins play cards. “Oh, he was well-behaved, but that actually bothers me. He didn't seem fazed at all when I played all those pranks on her.”
 
Saiiya nodded solemnly, stretching. The twins laughed at the fact that even Shiia's guardians liked to prank her. Saiiya glanced at the twins casually as she did a split. “Well, we should inform Tsunade-sama and just have her aware of him. He could be an accomplice of whoever's after these four.” Kayrin nodded in agreement, leaning against the wall, closing her eyes. “He did say he wasn't originally from this village, and claimed to have no chakra, so he's never pursued the path of a ninja. But I'm still skeptical of him.”
 
Saiiya stood up tilting her head to the side so she could stretch her neck muscles. “Anyways, you can go inform Tsunade, there's not much to do here, Terra's asleep, and the wicked witch of the land of lightning's going to throw a fit if she has to deal with you,” Saiiya murmured under her breath, getting chuckles from the three people in the room with her. Kayrin hugged Saiiya, waving as she left. Saiiya walked into another room, returning with a punching bag. One of the twins glanced up. “Where'd you find that?” she asked as Saiiya located a hook hanging from the ceiling.
 
“Ah, I figured Shijin would bring a punching bag here to practice. He practices every day. Unless on a mission away from Konoha. But even then, he still finds a way to work himself. It was just a matter of finding it,” Saiiya replied simply, hanging the chain up. “Besides, he knows that when I'm on the job, I get bored easily.” The twins looked back to their game, playing again. Saiiya closed her eyes, calming herself down. She formed a hand seal. “Henge no jutsu!” she shouted, and both twins looked up in shock as there was a puff of smoke.
 
As it cleared, Saiiya stood in the same spot, her hair up in a high ponytail. She had bandages wrapped around her hands and feet, a form-fitting black tang top and a pair of dark blue stretchy shorts that stopped halfway down her thighs. ((A/N: sorry, I just find that a funny thing to say. Stretchy shorts! *ahem* Sorry, back to the story!)). She smiled at them. “I couldn't work properly if I wore those uncomfortable robes.” The twins nodded, understanding, and went back to their card game. Saiiya turned to the punching bag, which would have drawn back in fear at the intense glare she gave it.
 
After punching and kicking the punching bag for a good ten minutes, Shiia came back out, quite grouchy. “You aren't as strong as everyone says you are. That bag is barely even moving!” Shiia exclaimed, noting the worn-out look on the younger girl's face. She turned, wiping some sweat off with her arm. She leaned against the bag, calming her breathing. “Just to let you know, this is a punching bag made just for Konoha ANBU. It's much different from a punching bag you might use. Because of our awesome strength, mine in particular, a normal bag would be ripped in half with a single punch.”
 
Shiia rolled her eyes, brushing her now dried hair over her shoulder. “You're so arrogant.” Saiiya grinned. “I know.” “Anechan?” came a quiet voice, and all four girls looked up, seeing the cute little girl pop out from her room. She yawned, rubbing her eyes. “Yes?” all four girls responded in unison, looking at each other before turning back to Terra. Terra looked at Saiiya, trotting over. “What are you doing?” she asked, and Saiiya stood up straight. “I'm training. I'm losing my touch in taijutsu, so I decided to use this punching bag Shijin left me.”
 
Terra nodded, looking at her clothes. “When did you get another pair of clothes?” Saiiya looked down at herself and smiled. “I'm using a henge.” “A what?” Saiiya closed her eyes, forming a hand seal. “Release!” A puff of smoke formed, and Saiiya was wearing the robes from before. “I change my appearance, but this way it's easier for me to train rather than leaving you four alone to go get another set of clothes.” Saiiya used henge again to go back to her workout clothes. Terra grinned. “You are really cool!” Saiiya placed a hand on her head. “Well, I try to be, kid,” she chuckled, and could see Shiia walk off to her room in a huff. She shrugged it off and Terra went to sit next to her twin sisters, watching their game and Saiiya train at the same time.
 
~*~
 
Neji and Hinata stood at the gates to their compound, waiting for their friends to come. Neji heard a shuffling of clothes, and six girls stepped into the artificial light shining from the walls. Neji's jaw almost dropped had he not lifted his hand to his face. In the front was Saiiya, her hair up in a high ponytail with two chopsticks on the left side of her head, her hair wavy and flowing over her shoulders and back. Her bangs curled around the edges of her face, giving her features a soft look.
 
His eyes traveled to her kimono. It had an off white base with crimson flowers. Red eye shadow covered her eyelids, bringing out her eyes. Her skin glowed and gave her an appearance of a goddess. She lowered her long, dark lashes and raised an eyebrow. “Neji?” she asked, bringing Neji out of his stupor. He realized he was staring and regained his composure. `What am I doing?' he thought, mentally smacking himself. “What?” he asked casually. “You were staring at me…”
 
Neji growled as Kayrin and Terra sniggered. He then looked at the other kimonos the girls had on. Terra, with a pale blue flower in her hair, had on a pale blue kimono, a dark green tree stretching its bare branches across the fold of silk. Kayrin's hair was twisted into a bun and her electric blue yukata had silver mist. The twins both had violet kimonos with a light purple tree, identical to Terra's save the color. Neji guessed it was their family symbol. Shiia's was a light pink with a dark pink tree.
 
Saiiya grinned as she walked up to Hinata. “Hinata! You look so pretty!” she exclaimed, hugging Hinata. She looked at the dark gray kimono. It was light gray in the middle, and it made her look ten times better than anyone else, in Saiiya's opinion. Saiiya grinned, hooking arms with Hinata, pulling her over to the others. “Let's go! Come on, Neji!” she shouted, pumping her arm into the air. Hinata giggled, and they all skipped off towards the huge festival that had taken all day to set up.
 
Neji could've sworn Kayrin and Saiiya were little girls in older bodies as they stopped in front of the glowing lights and loud music. Terra's face matched theirs as they gaped in wonder and awe. “It's even better than last year!” Kayrin shouted, grabbing Saiiya by the arm, running forward. “Come on!!” Saiiya exclaimed over her shoulder as she ran next to Kayrin. Neji sighed, walking behind them but too lazy to run after them. It hadn't been five seconds when Kayrin and Saiiya stopped in front of a booth, both squealing like idiots.
 
“The fishing game! I love this!” they both squealed, Terra running up to them. “Anechan, what is this?” she asked, looking up at the hyper ANBU. Saiiya beamed at her. “It's a fishing game! You take a poll and `fish', and someone hooks a prize on the end and you get to keep it,” Kayrin explained. Terra looked at the curtain. “Oooh…can we play?” she asked, looking hopeful. Saiiya laughed. “That's why we're standing in line, silly!” Saiiya responded, and Terra laughed nervously. “Oh..right.”
 
Saiiya went first to show Terra how to play, and she got a cherry blossom. Saiiya grinned. “I love cherry blossoms!” she exclaimed, taking it. She handed the pole to Terra, lifting her up so she could reach the line over the curtain. Terra got a doll, and Hinata and Kayrin got a rice ball. “Neji! Play!” Saiiya ordered, pushing the Jonin up to the line. The worker handed him a fishing pole, smiling. Neji muttered something under his breath and cast the line. There was a tug, and he pulled it up.
 
“Neji-kun! You got a ring!” Terra shouted. “You can give it to your girlfriend,” the man suggested, and Saiiya broke into laughing fits. “Neji can't score a girlfriend even if he tried!” Saiiya laughed, and the man looked at Neji apologetically. “Saiiya? I have half of Konoha head over heels with me. I can score a girlfriend faster than you can blink,” Neji replied crossly. Saiiya laughed even harder. Kayrin snickered, and also started laughing. Several onlookers stopped and stared, wondering why the two ANBU were cracking up.
 
Sierra and Shijin walked up, two ANBU behind them, eyeing them strangely. “Umm…Saiiya? What are you doing?” Sierra asked, and Saiiya stood straight, becoming serious in less than a second. “Gomen, is there something I need to know about?” she asked, her stoic voice surprising everyone except her own squad. “Yeah, Tsunade offered to let these ANBU watch the others so we can relax and have fun,” Shijin replied, and Saiiya inwardly cheered. “Understood. Arigato, ANBU,” she thanked, bowing her head towards the ANBU.
 
“Of course, Saiiya-sempai,” the leader of the squad replied, his violet eyes glowing. Saiiya smiled, and they left with Shiia and the twins. Terra looked up at Saiiya. “Do I have to go with them?” she asked, and Saiiya shrugged. “If you want to. It would be fun to get to know your sisters better,” Saiiya mentioned, and Terra nodded, hugging her and Kayrin. “Alright! Bye-bye!” she waved and went to catch up with the others.
 
“Let's go watch the sumo wrestling!” Kayrin proposed, and Saiiya's eyes glowed. Watching Sumo Wrestlers was a favorite past time for her. She looked eagerly at Hinata and Neji, who both seemed interested. “Then let's go!!” They all hurried to the outside arena where a match was about to begin. People had gathered around, cheering. Kayrin went off to get some drinks, leaving Neji, Hinata and Saiiya to find a good place to watch. ((A/N: Just to let you know, it's NOT alcoholic. They're only 15…))
 
Saiiya stood as close to the ring as she could get and Neji watched as Ino walked out into the center of the ring. “How is Konoha doing tonight?!” she shouted, throwing her free arm into the air, the other holding the microphone. A roar from the crowd signaled the response. “Well! I have some good news for you tonight! On this very arena, a sumo wrestling match will take place!!” More screams and shouts.
 
Neji winced as Saiiya hollered; never knowing her diaphragm was that strong. Hinata even let out a little cheer. Neji had to admit, he was a bit excited to watch the match. “This match is hosted by the Akimichi clan, so let's give them a big hand!!” Ino shouted into the microphone, and wave of cheering and screaming echoed throughout the festival, drawing in even more people. Kayrin squeezed through the crowd and gave them their drinks, sipping her own in anticipation.
 
The kunoichi next to Neji quieted down, the crowd following suit as the match began. The two wrestlers stamped their feet and began their attack. Saiiya yelled out loud when one wrestler would do an interesting move, and an interesting move happened about every five seconds. Neji tore his eyes from the fight, looking at the ANBU in wonder. `How do her vocal chords withstand this?' he thought in wonder, but looked back at the fight as a wrestler skidded across the ground.
 
There was a gasp among the crowds as the wrestler fell out of the ring, almost hitting Saiiya and Kayrin. They backed up, giving him compliments as he stood up, getting back up on the arena. “And we have our winner!!” Ino shouted as she jumped back onto the arena. She took the winner's hand and raised it in the air, earning a chorus of yells from the crowd. The winner grinned, and the other wrestler bowed to him. They waddled off the arena and Ino waved her hand towards the crowd.
 
“Next, we'll be starting Karaoke, and following will be more fighting! Please, if you'd like to sing, head over towards our table to the right of the stage and sign up! Thank you!” Saiiya and Kayrin looked at each other, grinning and turning towards Neji. He looked back at them plainly. “No.” “Neji….” Neji glared. “I said no.” Kayrin pouted. “But, I bet you're really good!” “Go to hell, kunoichi.” Hinata gaped at her friends as they proceeded to drag Neji over to the table to sign him up, laughing maniacally.
 
“Hmm…oh! Kayrin! This one! By that American guy!” Saiiya pointed to a song, and Kayrin looked over at it. “Yeah! Neji! You can sing that song!” Neji looked down at the title. “One Better? Isn't that by Aaron Carter?” Neji asked, and everyone who had heard him froze. Kayrin snorted. “You listen to...Aaron Carter?” she asked, grinning. Neji paled. “No! Hinata-sama listens to him! I just overhear it in my room!” Saiiya smirked. “So you know the lyrics? Good. At least you won't make a huge fool of yourself. We'd like our oh so manly Neji here to perform One Better by Aaron Carter.”
 
The lady nodded, writing it down. Ino stepped down, walking over and sighing. “All of this smiling is getting to me,” she murmured, picking up a bottle of water and drinking it. Currently some little girl was on stage singing a nursery rhyme, and hundreds of women cooed and swarmed over to watch her. “You'll go on in five minutes, Neji,” the lady at the table said, smiling.
 
“Neji! What are you singing?” Ino asked, interested. “A song by Aaron Carter,” Kayrin replied, sniggering. Ino laughed. “That American singer? Aren't all of his songs romantic and stuff?” she asked, and Neji looked really pissed off. Saiiya nodded. “He listens to it at home when no one's around.” Ino laughed harder. Neji glared death at the ANBU. “Saiiya…” he hissed in a threatening tone.
 
Saiiya stuck her tongue out at him. “Just getting some revenge, Neji.” Neji narrowed his eyes. Saiiya glared back, and they had a glaring contest for the next few minutes until the lady interrupted them. “Neji, it's time for you to go on,” the lady informed, and Neji sighed, walking on stage. Saiiya and Kayrin gave him a thumb up. Ino was already on stage and introduced him. “Next we have Hyuga Neji performing One Better by Aaron Carter!” There were a few whispers as the song started up, and Neji inwardly groaned as Kayrin pulled out a video camera.
 
All talking ceased as Neji started to sing. “Give me half the chance; I'll make you understand that what I got to give is so much more than this than you'll ever know.” Kayrin and Saiiya gaped. “I didn't realize Neji could sing…” Saiiya nodded in agreement, and then glanced over at Hinata. She looked at them. “He never sang in front of me,” she confessed, and they watched him continue to sing.
 
“I don't say what's on my mind but you'll find this out in time I don't always open up; I'm not quick to trust and let someone inside.” Neji felt more comfortable, smirking at Saiiya's shocked face. He never really intended for anyone to find out about his amazing voice; it was just another thing for his fangirls to swoon over. He began to sing stronger, and a few girls fainted from shock. Saiiya felt her cheeks flush. “His voice…it's so handsome…” she murmured, lifting her hand to her face.
 
Kayrin and Hinata both nodded in agreement. “He puts Aaron to shame. But if was so good, why was he against going up there? He's so damn cocky I'd imagine he'd be flaunting his singing voice in your face,” Kayrin wondered aloud, directing her statement to Saiiya. “I dunno, but he's really good. He looks into it,” Saiiya replied, lost in the music. Kayrin looked back at Neji, thinking deeply. Suddenly, a smirk formed on her face.
 
“Saiiya, are you listening to these lyrics?” Kayrin asked, earning a strange glance from her friend. “No, I mean, listen! It's sounds like he's singing this to…you.” Saiiya looked shocked, but looked back at Neji. “You've seen some falling stars; you felt a broken heart. Time is all it takes; learn from my mistakes, know exactly what you are. But I can't hang on the side; I've had enough of all these fights. Gotta give to you, gotta get this through.” Kayrin turned excitedly to her. “I've had enough of all these fights? You two have fought like cats and dogs! Learn from my mistakes? This is too ironic!” Kayrin laughed, and Saiiya began to blush.
 
Neji opened his eyes, looking directly at Saiiya, surprised to see her blushing like crazy. When he looked at her, it apparently made her more embarrassed. He decided to see how she would react, so he smiled at her. The results almost made him laugh as he began the chorus. She stumbled backwards, her hands covering her mouth, and she ran into someone. He felt his stomach turn as his gaze fell upon the man she ran into: Shijin. `Damn, now I can't tease her some more,' he thought sourly.
 
Saiiya looked over her shoulder, realizing that God wanted to torture her this evening. “Sh-Shijin!” she breathed, turning around and bowing her head. “Saiiya! Your face! It's red as a tomato!” Sierra blurted, walking in front of Saiiya and feeling her forehead. “Are you sick?” Shijin asked in a worried tone, and Kayrin leaned over her shoulder, grinning from ear-to-ear. “Lovesick.” Saiiya turned around, glaring at the kunoichi. “Shut up!” she hissed. Kayrin shrugged, walking back over to talk with Hinata.
 
Shijin turned his eyes up to Neji. “He's a good singer,” he commented, and Sierra glanced at the ANBU. “I didn't realize…” she began, but Saiiya clamped her hand over Sierra's mouth, sighing with relief that Shijin hadn't heard her. While Shijin was engrossed in the music, Saiiya pulled Sierra down so she could whisper, “Keep my infatuation with Neji a secret or I'll find a very painful way for you to die and enforce it.” Sierra raised her hands up in defense, smiling. “I won't tell a soul.” “Good, I had hoped you'd agree. Killing one of my squad members wasn't in my agenda.”
 
Saiiya relaxed, turning to watch Neji, a smile forming on her lips. As the music finished, there was a loud roar from the crowd. Neji bowed his head, walking off the stage. Saiiya wiped the smile off her face, walking forward casually. “Not bad.” Neji raised an eyebrow. “You know you loved it.” Saiiya scoffed. “As if. I've heard TONS better.” “Then why were you blushing and swooning like a moron?” Saiiya glared at him. “I was not swooning!” “But you were blushing.” “I like that song.” “When I sing it.”
 
Saiiya turned on her heel after grabbing Kayrin and Hinata, walking in the opposite direction. “Jerk.” Shijin narrowed his eyes at Neji. He agreed with Saiiya. He was such a cocky pushover, even if he did have a good singing voice. Neji folded his arms and followed in silence. Sierra grasped Shijin's hand, smiling. “Let's go get something to eat!” she suggested, and Shijin looked over at her, smiling back weakly. “Alright…” he looked over his shoulder and watched Saiiya, secretly longing for her hand to be holding his as they went to find a place to eat.
 
Hours passed, and finally, it was time for the fireworks. Saiiya, Kayrin, Hinata, and Neji found a comfortable spot in the snow. “This has been a fun night, hasn't it?” Kayrin asked, receiving several nods. “We have five minutes until the fireworks start, right?” Saiiya asked, yawning. All of the running around they had been doing had made her quite tired. “Yeah, someone want to grab us some snacks?” Kayrin asked, and Hinata stood. “I'll go,” she volunteered, and Saiiya grinned. “Arigato, Hinata-chan!” Saiiya and Kayrin thanked in unison, and Hinata left.
 
“Oh! I forgot to tell her what we wanted!” Kayrin exclaimed, jumping to her feet. “Saiiya, Neji, what do you want?” “Mitsumame (1),” Neji murmured, staring up at the sky. Saiiya thought a moment. “Hmmm…how about some kompeito(2)?” Kayrin rolled her eyes. “You never change, do you?” she asked, and Saiiya shrugged. “What? They're really good.” Kayrin shrugged back and jogged off. Saiiya laid next to Neji, her arms behind her head.
 
“You know, you are a strange guy, Neji…” Saiiya remarked out of the blue. Neji looked over at her, furrowing his brow. “What do you mean?” Saiiya grunted. “Never mind, it's not important.” Neji sat up, inspecting her face for any signs of an answer. She looked calm, but her eyes flickered with confusion. “Why won't you tell me anything?” he interrogated, and Saiiya glanced at him. “Because I don't feel like it.”
 
Neji sighed heavily and put one hand dangerously close to the ground next to the left side of her face, slinging his left leg over her, straddling her sides with his legs, his left hand on the right side. Saiiya was glad it was dark where they were, or he would've seen her face glow a deep crimson. “Neji…” she whispered, and Neji gripped the snow on either side of her face, making a light crunching noise. “Well, I feel like I deserve an answer,” he snapped. “Well, this position sure makes me want to tell you. Now get off me before someone sees us.”
 
Neji glared at her. “Not until you tell me what you meant earlier.” Saiiya was growing quite irritated. “I was just saying that you confuse me a lot, that's all.” “No, there's more to it.” “Hey, I'm ba- oh shit! Get a room!!” Kayrin shouted as she returned with Hinata. Neji looked up, getting off of Saiiya and sitting down a couple feet away from her. Saiiya sat up, thanking god they had come back. Kayrin tossed Saiiya a box of kompeito (don't know what they come in, but who cares?), flumping down next to her.
 
“I didn't know you two were that serious,” Kayrin mused, earning a punch in the shoulder from the ANBU beside her. “It wasn't anything like that…” Saiiya growled, popping her dessert into her mouth. “Uh huh, sure…” Hinata sat in silence, blushing from the scene she had just witnessed. ((A/N: Hey, if you saw your cousin with your close friend on the ground in a dark, desolate area in a very suggestive position, would it not freak you out?)) They all watched the fireworks with minds swimming with thoughts, an uncomfortable silence wrapping around them, threatening to choke them to death.
 
“Well! This was a fun night, wasn't it?” Kayrin asked as they walked home together. “Hai, it was. Is that ANBU group going to watch the girls for us? I'm completely exhausted,” Saiiya murmured, yawning. “I'm sure you are, did you even look for me, imouto?” came a male voice, and Saiiya turned around, a huge grin on her face. “Ani!!” she shouted, throwing her arms around the older man's neck, burying her face in his chest.
 
“I looked for you EVERYWHERE! I thought you might come watch Neji singing and I was watching for you when you were up there! I never sensed your chakra, but it's like you never even went to the festival!” Saiiya exclaimed, looking up wide-eyed at the man she had admired since she first laid eyes on. Kakashi sweat dropped. She was partly right, he had left the festival a little early with a certain someone and spent a little `alone' time with them, but Saiiya didn't need to know that. According to her, he only read dirty books, never actually using them on another woman.
 
“Well, I never saw you. I was with some other Jonin, so I had fun. Did you?” he asked, ruffling his sister's hair. “Hai! I did!” Saiiya replied, and it seemed to Kakashi that she had been bluffing when she said she was tired just moments ago. Kakashi walked alongside his cheerful sister as she and the others talked about the long night. Well, everyone except the only other male in their group. Kakashi eyed the Hyuga carefully, watching him look at the girls, more importantly, HIS girl. He knew that he and Saiiya fought a lot; Saiiya had explained each fight in detail at dinner.
 
`He doesn't look too unhappy…more…flustered. Is there something they haven't talked about?' Kakashi wondered, and was brought out of his thoughts as his question was answered. “Soo…what did you two do while Hinata and I were out getting snacks? You looked like you were about to seriously make-out and possibly more when we got there,” Kayrin teased, poking the slightly shorter kunoichi in the shoulder, earning an intense glare from Saiiya. “Actually, that pig-headed thing was threatening me just because I wasn't telling him everything,” Saiiya replied simply, crossing her arms defiantly.
 
“Uh-huh…SURE.” Saiiya stopped, stomping her foot on the ground and fuming. “I hope you know I'd rather skin myself alive than kiss HIM!” Saiiya snapped, glaring darkly at Kayrin. Kakashi looked over at Neji, who flinched ever so slightly, but acted like he didn't care. “I'd rather you do that as well, Hatake,” Neji replied coldly, taking Hinata by the arm and walking ahead. Saiiya sent an evil stare at his back before walking in the other direction. “Umm…Saiiya? Your house is that way,” Kayrin called.
 
Saiiya threw her hands up in the air. “Well, I'm going this way!!” she growled, continuing to walk in the direction she was headed. “I'll go, you should get some rest,” Kakashi said sternly, and Kayrin sighed and disappeared in a flash of smoke. Kakashi turned on his heel and jogged after his younger sister. “Saiiya.” Saiiya didn't turn around, but she at least stopped. “What?” she bit out. Kakashi ran his hand through his hair. “Calm down. Let's go home,” he suggested, and Saiiya's shoulders hunched up and her hair bristled.
 
“NO. I don't want to. I want to spend time alone.” Kakashi exhaled deeply, knowing she was going to be stubborn as always. “You do realize this was your fault.” Saiiya spun around, her gaze more intense than it was before. “Well, I was defending myself! Kayrin always pushes the WRONG buttons and she knows I like Neji!” she nearly shouted, and regretted deeply saying that. She blushed and turned around, starting to walk off, ignoring the somewhat surprised look on her older brother's face.
 
“I see, so you like Neji…” “Do Not!” Saiiya shot back, and Kakashi chuckled. “You just admitted it.” “Well- It's not like it was surprise, was it? Yeah, I fought him just because the irritated look on his face sent me into giggling fits, but he's such an arrogant, dense idiot! It's kind of obvious, isn't it?” Kakashi shook his head, his chuckling growing into laughing. Saiiya turned around again, crossing her arms. “Why are you laughing?! I'm serious!” Kakashi suppressed his laughter, adjusting his mask a bit.
 
“Saiiya, guys fight with girls because they like them, at least younger guys. Girls aren't normally expected to fight. Do you see the other girls in Konoha?” Kakashi asked, waving his hand behind him, and Saiiya saw in the distance a girl shyly giggling and blushing while fawning over a guy. Saiiya grimaced. “That's just gross.” Kakashi laughed again, earning another hardened glare from the 15-year-old. “What I'm saying is, Neji doesn't quite get the fact that you like him. He's grown up in a dignified life where women don't fight with men in public.”
 
Saiiya leaned against the nearby building, looking downcast. “I don't even WANT to like him. What you said proves it. Neji wouldn't go for a girl like me. I'm too outspoken, vain, arrogant, and hardheaded for his clan. He'll probably fine an heir from some other stuck-up, dignified clan than go with me.” Kakashi walked forward, kissing Saiiya on the forehead. “Well, you know him better than I do.” Saiiya groaned.
 
“You really suck at comforting people. You're supposed to assure me that I at least have a slim chance and to just act natural and that if destiny has planned it, I will end up getting together with him. Then, I'll claim you're starting to sound too much like Neji, and we'll laugh, hug, and walk home together.” Kakashi shrugged it off, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. “If you knew all of that, then why did I need to say it?” Saiiya rolled her eyes and sighed, wrapping an arm around his waist. “You're hopeless, Ani.” “As are you, imouto.”
 
~*~
 
Neji bowed to Hinata before he went into his room. He threw off his gi and walked into his bathroom. He was aggravated. `Rather skin myself alive? Tch, that bitch,' he thought darkly as he turned on the shower. He removed the bandages around his forehead, glaring at it in the mirror. “You didn't have to be so harsh. All you had to do was deny it,” he murmured aloud. He shook his head, stepping into the shower. The cold water that hit his face relaxed him. He didn't know why so many people liked hot showers. The cold suited him quite well.
 
He ran his hands through his hair, his thoughts drifting towards the ANBU that confused him to no end. `Dammit! Why am I thinking about her again?!' He clenched his fists, hitting one against the shower wall, shaking the bathroom. He could still feel her hair beneath his hands, the way her breath mingled with his, her evergreen eyes staring deep into his own, how close her lips were to his… `No, stop thinking about her. Don't let her anger you. Remain calm,' he ordered mentally.
 
He took the shampoo and squirted it into his hair harshly, not able to get his mind off of the black haired kunoichi. She did have beautiful hair. That white streak accented her hair and the way her bangs hung on either side of her face, and how she had it so beautiful and wavy tonight. Neji shook his head, getting shampoo in his eye. He cursed, rinsing his hair out and going to grab a towel to wipe it out. ((A/N: Ever gotten soap or shampoo in your eyes? It REALLY hurts!)) He looked up at himself in the mirror.
 
“Why doesn't she swoon over me like every other girl? Does she like some other guy?” he thought aloud, and realized what he was saying. “God Damn it! I don't like her! She's an arrogant, selfish, childish, foolish, powerful, beautiful, intelligent- wait! DAMN IT!” Neji threw the towel to the ground, walking back into the shower to continue the shower that was supposed to be relaxing him. He didn't like how she had this hold over him. He had a number of enemies, mainly guys who liked girls who liked him. But yet, every time he saw her, he felt his stomach churn uncomfortably.
 
`Maybe that's what happens when you have an enemy of the opposite sex. Hm…sex. That sounds good. I wonder how much Saiiya likes sex? Maybe she's really good in- oh shit! Not again!' he thought, feeling his face heat up as he stepped out of the shower. He wrapped a towel around his waist, opening the door. He stumbled backwards seeing a black haired servant that reminded him WAY too much of Saiiya. But her eyes were a dark brown, and after looking at her, he realized that the only resemblance was their same long, dark hair, and even that wasn't anything close to Saiiya's.
 
“Um, Neji-sama? I was requested to see if you were alright?” the servant asked meekly. `No. Saiiya's much more confident. She looks like she's about to faint.' “Hn. I'm fine.” The servant bowed quickly and left in a rush, her face a deep crimson. Neji looked down at himself. “Oh, that's why she was blushing. I'm half naked. And wet. I wonder what Saiiya would do. Maybe I should pay her a visi- damn it! Even now!” Neji cursed, walking back into the bathroom. It was going to be a long night.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author: Well! Saiiya and Neji both realized they don't hate each other! And Neji, being a man, is already having dirty thoughts ^_~ Poor guy. Well, this will make things MUCH more interesting! I may have to up the rating because of sexual references…*sighs* but whatever…I hope to have the next chapter up as soon as possible, but school's starting on Wednesday, but no matter! It will be up soon! Hope you have an awesome new year!
 
(1)- Mistumame- small cubes of agar served in a bowl with small red beans and brown sugar syrup, but there are a number of toppings added, and in Neji's case, he wanted fruit and a scoop of ice-cream! -^^-
 
(2) Kompeito- a sugar candy. yum!