Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Rain ❯ Winter Bliss my Ass! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Thanks for reviewing Milton and SaSuKeS_WiFe! I appreciate the reviews! I promise to get some action in this chapter, as well as some angst and drama, too! But don't worry, Neji and Saiiya's relationship will start soon enough -^^-. Well, this chapter is NOT the Christmas chapter, or the Winter Festival. Gomen, but I went on this little schpeil. Hope you like it. Next chapter for SURE will be the Winter Festival. Which means the Christmas chapter will be the one after that for those who aren't the brightest bulbs in the knife drawer… *glances towards Naruto*
 
Naruto: Hn? What?
 
Author: Exactly.
 
Disclaimer: …Baka… I want a cookie. Someone get me a cookie. I'm depressed because of my lack of owning Naruto… *wanders off*
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Chapter 5:
Winter Bliss My Ass
 
 
 
Saiiya never realized how gruesome and vivid James Bond movies were. Half of the time she was covering Terra's eyes with both of her hands and the other half she was sucking on her Icee in anticipation. The constant change in her position was rather irking the Hyuga that unfortunately had to be seated next to her. Rather than enjoying the movie, he was focused on the flurry of hands covering the young child's eyes and then reaching over for the Icee in the cup holder next to him. `Oh how I regret buying that for her…' he thought irritably, rubbing his temples with his palms. When the sex scene arrived, which everyone in the theatre knew was coming; he idly glanced at the ANBU next to him.
 
Her face was glowing red and both she and Kayrin were covering Terra's eyes, both closing their own as well. Neji glanced to his right, seeing Hinata blushing and closing her own eyes as well. But, Neji, being the man that he was, watched the scene with humor dancing in his eyes and on his lips. He just knew that every other guy in the theatre was taking mental notes on the positions used that apparently turned women on. `Hn. Women are so easily flustered,' he thought casually. Suddenly, out of no where, a hand smacked over his eyes. “You may be a man, but don't deface yourself in front of your teacher,” Saiiya muttered under her breath.
 
Neji sighed heavily. `This woman…she irritates me more than Uzumaki…yes. FAR worse than Uzumaki.' A grin etched into his features as he activated his Byakugan and continued to watch the movie, thanking kami that he was born with the unique bloodline. After the scene was over, Saiiya's hands removed themselves, and Neji's Byakugan deactivated. He rather enjoyed himself, learning to block out the bothersome kunoichi next to him. At the end, Saiiya was completely pumped up. “I love movies!” she laughed, stretching. “It's a shame they end so soon, though,” Kayrin added, yawning. “Anechan? What's next?” Terra asked, popping the last piece of candy she had into her mouth.
 
“I'm ready to go training with Kakashi. Then I'll probably take a shower and then go out to eat with the team,” Saiiya replied. “Just like you to go training after watching a movie. Can't stay inactive too long, ne?” Saiiya smirked at Kayrin. “Well, there's some unwanted stress I've been meaning to get rid of.” Neji knew that part of that stress was most likely because of him, but she had given him hell during training, so it was just him getting a little revenge. No harm in that, right? Terra grabbed Saiiya's hand. “Can I go anechan? I want to see you train!” she exclaimed, and Saiiya chuckled. “Sure. Kayrin, go check up on Shijin and Sierra. Hinata, Neji. Would you care to join us later tonight for dinner?” Saiiya offered, turning towards the two cousins.
 
Neji was about to say no when Hinata looked up at him with that hopeful and shy look she had perfected. He sighed heavily. “What time?” Saiiya smiled warmly. “I'll probably train for about two hours, afterwards I'll take a half hour shower, and another half hour to get dressed and relax a few minutes, so in about three hours?” “Hai, we'll be there.” Saiiya waved to them before picking up Terra and jogging off to go find her older brother. As she ran, Neji noticed she dropped a small book. Hinata was already walking in the other direction, and Kayrin had disappeared. He leaned down, picking it up and pocketing it before following Hinata.
 
**Meanwhile**
 
“Ah! Ani!! Ani!!” Saiiya called, waving to her older brother. Kakashi didn't have to look up from the orange book to recognize his sister's voice. “Hai, Saiiya? What do you want now? Can't you see I'm busy?” Saiiya muttered something under her breath, but set down Terra and crossed her arms. “I'd like to challenge you to a little duel. Do you accept?” “Stressed again? Haven't you any other way to relieve stress? Go train with Guy, he's always making up strange ways to push the laws of physics.” Saiiya took the novel from Kakashi, earning a foul glare as it snapped shut and disappeared from sight. “Accept or I'll go burn this and the rest of your dirty novels.”
 
Kakashi sighed. He should've learned by now that Saiiya would always get him to spar with her whenever she got bored or stressed. Each time she threatened the existence of the books he never got enough of. “Fine, what are your rules?” Saiiya took Terra by the hand and began to walk down the street, Kakashi by her side. “Well, we're headed to the training grounds. No weapons, no genjutsu, hand to hand combat only. Sharingan is allowed, but only to predict my moves. Battle grounds limited only to the training grounds, and once one of us has the upper hand at the end of the hour wins. You can choose the reward.” Kakashi pondered a moment. “If I win, I get all of my books back, and you have to be my servant for a month. If you win, I'll give you 20,000 yen and you give me back my books.” ((A/N: Btw, 20,000 yen is approx. 169.00 in American dollars. -^^- ))
 
Saiiya paused in her step. “That's the amount you got for your last A-ranked mission, was it not?” Kakashi smirked. “Hai. It was.” “Over-confident?” Kakashi shrugged. “I suppose. Are you?” “I'm eager, that's what I am.” Kakashi stopped as they arrived at the training grounds. “What about Terra?” Saiiya glanced down at Terra. “Stand here, and don't get any closer, understood?” Terra nodded, sitting down. Kakashi and Saiiya continued walking until they were about 80 meters away from Terra. Saiiya's body surged with chakra, an emotionless mask on her face. Kakashi cocked his head to the side, stretching his neck. If Saiiya was going to be this serious, he might as well get serious too.
 
He lifted his hitai-ate, already knowing she was going full out. Saiiya moved into position after removing the hidden weapons on her, and Kakashi did the same. “Begin.” Terra watched in awe as the siblings disappeared. `I thought anechan said only taijutsu…' Terra flinched backwards as a loud crack was heard and the siblings reappeared, a tree next to them falling over as Kakashi pushed Saiiya's fist to the side. She flipped backwards, swinging her legs at his head. He moved to the side, punching at her side, but she twisted around it in the nick of time, grasping his fist with both hands. Kakashi turned her around, twisting his fist and making her release him. She flew backwards and landed sideways on a tree in a crouched position.
 
She pushed off of it, disappearing and reappearing behind Kakashi, landing a strong knee into his back. He toppled forward, and Saiiya followed, landing two out of the five punches she threw at him. He grasped her hand at the last punch, swinging her over his head and slamming the kunoichi into the ground. He flipped over, drawing his arm back to punch her when she took hold of his shirt and his head and flipped him over her. She sprung to her feet, turning around just in time to catch his kick. She didn't have time to catch his hand as he backhanded her and sent her skidding across the ground.
 
Terra found herself standing up and cheering them both on, and lost track of time as the two continued to fight, both growing increasingly more violent with their attacks. Saiiya crashed through two trees and severely damaged a third as she received a blow from her older brother in the stomach. Blood trickled down her forehead and her lip as Kakashi stood triumphantly in front of her. “I'd like my books back, please, imoutochan.” Saiiya didn't respond. Kakashi ran his fingers through his hair. “Unconscious again? You're losing your touch. It's only been an hour fighting me.” Kakashi leaned down to get the book from Saiiya, but was surprised to see her jump to her feet and forcefully punch Kakashi in the face, sending him further than he had sent her.
 
“And...time. I think I win, ani. I'll expect my payment tomorrow. Good thing since the Winter Festival is next week and I'm broke.” Kakashi stood up; his mask ripped and blood trailing down his chin. He rubbed his sore jaw tenderly. “You almost broke my jaw, Saiiya. Was that really necessary?” he asked, and Saiiya stretched, wiping the blood off her own chin. “Well, I'm not as stressed any more. Besides, you about dislocated my shoulder when we were wrestling for about ten minutes,” she replied stoically, and then turned her attention to Terra who bounded towards them like she was on a sugar high.
 
“Anechan! Anechan! You were amazing! Anichan too! That was the coolest fight ever! And you won!!” Terra shouted, giving Saiiya a huge hug. Saiiya and Kakashi both chuckled. “Arigato. We were going easy on each other this time. This is actually only the second time I've beaten him. But either way, I won! Now, I'm going to go take a shower. Oh, Ani. I'm going out to dinner with the team, care to join?” she asked as the three began walking back. “Ehh…I have a date with a certain orange book someone owes me.” Saiiya shook her head and handed the book back to the former ANBU. “Whatever. Have fun and don't get into trouble.”
 
“I should stay the same to you. Don't get too drunk this time. Oh, and make sure Shijin stays sober. I don't want to be saving any damsel in distress.” Saiiya was out of arm reach and couldn't slap him, or she would have. “Your mind is much more perverted than ours. We aren't that idiotic. Besides, we're underage, and can't drink.” Kakashi shrugged. “You could always bribe the waiter. Just get a girl to flash a little skin, and problem solved.” Kakashi ducked the hand that threatened to give him another bruise. “Just go away before I decide to fight you again. You're poisoning my imoutochan's mind.” “I've heard worse, anechan.” Kakashi just shrugged at Saiiya's shocked look and disappeared.
 
Saiiya and Terra started up another random conversation to pass time as they walked back to Saiiya's apartment when white crystals began to fall from the gray sky. “Anechan! It's snowing!” Terra exclaimed, spinning around. “Hai. It is. The first snow of the season.” Saiiya looked up at the sky, a warm smile caressing her lips as she exhaled a puff of warm air. “It's kind of late, don't you think?” Terra asked her sky blue eyes fixated on the sky as well. “Hai, it is. But Konoha doesn't get snow as quick as your country does. It's only a week late for us when it's probably a couple weeks late for you.” Terra nodded, holding onto Saiiya's hand.
 
“When we get back from dinner, can we go and play in the snow?” she asked, blinking up at Saiiya. “Hai, for a while.” “Yay!” Terra ran ahead and spinning around, her hands high up in the air. Saiiya stopped, her ears twitching. She glared towards the left and ran towards Terra. She grasped the girl, diving towards the ground just as four kunai whizzed overhead. “Anechan? What's happening?” Terra asked as Saiiya tried to locate the assailant. “Stay down, Terra,” she commanded, forming a few hand signs. “Earth element: Rock barrier.” Stone burst from the ground, covering the child.
 
“Anechan!” she shouted, but got no response from the ANBU. She had left her all alone. Terra heard the sounds of men screaming, and then Saiiya's own cry of distress. Terra whimpered, and let out a scream when she heard the sound of metal scraping against the barrier that protected her. “Saiiya! Release the barrier! It's me!” came Kakashi's voice, and the barrier dissipated, revealing the older man pocketing his kunai. “Terra, come with me, Saiiya's holding them off.” Terra nodded, wiping away the tears that stained her cheeks.
 
Kakashi picked up Terra, running with haste back to the village. “How'd you know that we were being attacked?” Terra asked after a few minutes of silence. “I felt the ninja's presence after I had left. Saiiya obviously sensed them as well, hence the reason you are still alive. I'm taking you to the Hyuga main house, Hiashi will watch you. I don't want to give away your sisters' positions.” Terra nodded, hugging the older man's chest. “Ani? Is Saiiyachan going to be okay?” she asked, looking up at the silver haired man, tearing up.
 
The former ANBU sighed. He was never good with kids her age. “Saiiya's a talented kunoichi. She'll be fine. Besides, we have reinforcements going to back her up. It's a medium-sized group of Jonin, but she's got everything under control.” As soon as Kakashi said that, there was a loud explosion from where they just were and he sweat dropped. `Saiiya, don't let me down,' he thought as he landed in front of the Hyuga compound. Terra looked nervously back towards where Saiiya was, hoping that Kakashi was right.
 
Several Jonin flew backwards, the huge energy wave from the kunoichi knocking them out. Saiiya stood up straight, breathing heavily. `Damn, just after I got done sparring with Kakashi. My chakra's still going strong, but my body's wearing out. I hope those reinforcements come soon.' Saiiya formed several seals, blowing an invisible substance across the area, her genjutsu complete. The Jonin within the 100 meter range fell under the genjutsu. Saiiya leaned backwards against a tree, hoping to stall the Jonin in time for her reinforcements. She ran her hands through her hair as she heard the pained cries of the Jonin. “Ah, it's not that bad, you wusses,” she muttered under her breath, thanking kami that she had done the jutsu so many times that it seemingly had a mind of its own and didn't need her to concentrate too much.
 
She turned sharply, pulling out a kunai as a still standing Jonin launched himself at her, swinging his kunai at her face. She blocked that kunai, but he threw a second one at her leg, imbedding itself into her calf. She groaned and sent a burst of chakra through his arm. He let out a shriek, hitting the tree she had been leaning on. Cursing, she turned. He genjutsu had been released when she diverted her attention to the Jonin. Pulling out the kunai, she slung it backwards, pinning the Jonin to the tree. “I'll deal with you momentarily,” she growled. She heard footsteps behind her, muttering more curses, expecting even more assailants.
 
She prepared herself as two Jonin attacked her in the front. She sighed with relief as Asuma and Kurenai blocked them, Asuma grinning at her as the Jonin flew backwards, sporting a few new cuts that would most likely leave scars, if he lived. “You almost took us out with your genjutsu. Thanks a bunch. But you seem to have a strong grip on things here. Maybe I should just leave,” Asuma joked; grinning at the younger girl as several more Konoha Jonin appeared, fighting off the other ninja. Saiiya gave Asuma an unenthusiastic glare. “I'm not in the mood, Asuma. Please tell me you brought a medic,” Saiiya replied darkly, rubbing some blood and dirt off of her bottom lip and then sitting down to hold onto her bleeding leg and abdomen. Asuma ruffled her hair the Jonin he injured still recovering from the first attack Asuma made.
 
“Hai, we did. Don't get too worked up though. You're temporary sister fine, she's safe and sound with the Hyuga's.” Saiiya jumped up, her eyes wide. “You let her stay with that arrogant son of a-” “Saiiya, calm down, Neji isn't the only member at the compound. There's nothing to worry about.” Saiiya sat down once more, the medic-nin Asuma had mentioned coming to her aide. He looked her over, healing the deep gash in her side as much as he could. “You should probably go to the hospital so we can check for anything serious. By the looks of it you'll be fine. Just this wound in your side and leg. Other than that, just some minor cuts and bruises, as well as a burn on your left arm. Also, you've strained the muscles in your shoulder. But that's about it.”
 
Saiiya shook her head, her eyelids drooping. It was still snowing, covering the blood that stained the ground and light layer of snow. “Take me to the Hyuga compound,” she demanded. “Saiiya?” Asuma asked after dropping a few Jonin on the pile that he had made. He turned his focus behind her and slung a kunai at the Jonin who had attempted to grab a kunai to throw at the ANBU. It embedded itself into the ninja's leg, and he made a loud cry of pain. Saiiya turned her head, eyeing the Jonin before standing up. The medic stood as well, done healing the worst of her wounds. “I want to see Terra with my own eyes. I am not failing this mission, Asuma.” Before anyone could protest, Saiiya jumped up into the trees and ran off towards the Hyuga compound. “Kurenai! Follow her and make sure no one trails her. Take the medic so she doesn't overwork herself. Have the Hyuga's doctor tend to her,” Asuma ordered, and Kurenai nodded her head, she and the medic-nin disappearing.
 
Neji wasn't at all pleased when the puny girl he had been stuck with all day arrived with a somewhat beat up Kakashi. He was now standing guard in case anyone attempted to attack them. Terra was now inside the compound and well protected. Kakashi had left to go inform the other ANBU on Saiiya's team. Now, Neji was standing by himself in the middle of winter outside. He could tell that a snowstorm was coming, and he hated snowstorms that barred him inside the compound. He was brought back to reality when a bloody and shaking figure landed in front of the compound in a crouched position. He activated his Byakugan, ready to fight, but was surprised to see a set of evergreen eyes staring back at him
 
“Saiiya?” he asked, shocked. Kurenai and a person Neji didn't recognize landed behind her seconds later. “Neji…where is Terra?” Saiiya asked, ignoring the two behind her. “Inside.” Saiiya began walking forwards, but Neji stopped her. Kurenai moved forward. “Neji, we need to let her stay here, I will talk with Hiashi-san. The hospital is too far away and as you can tell, a storm is about to blow in, and it's dangerous for her to be out here. Besides, she won't rest without seeing Terra,” Kurenai explained, and Neji looked over them. He waved his hand, and the medic quickly walked next to Saiiya while Kurenai stood outside, guarding while Neji showed Saiiya and the medic in.
 
Terra was bored. She and Hanabi were talking together in the room that the weird white-eyed guy sent her in, and eventually got quiet. Terra randomly thought about Saiiya, hoping she was okay. “Hanabi?” she said suddenly, and the little girl looked over at her. “Hm?” “Do you think Saiiya will be alright?” she asked, and Hanabi shrugged. “Well, she's teaching Neji-kun, and he's really strong, so she has to be stronger. So I'm sure she's going to be okay,” the girl replied calmly. Terra was surprised at her calmness. Saiiya and Kayrin had both talked about the pride and honor that came with being a part of a dignified clan such as the Hyuga clan, but when she met Hanabi, she realized that Hanabi had a wild side. She secretly gambled with other older ninja, and she loved to prank people.
 
Terra was shaken from her thoughts as the door slid open, revealing a very battered Saiiya. “Anechan!” Saiiya smiled, falling onto her knees as Terra jumped into her arms. “Terra, daijobu (1)?” Saiiya asked, burying her face in the raven locks of her little sister. “Hai, but you're really hurt.” Saiiya leaned back, wiping some dirt that was on Terra's face with her thumb. “I'll be fine. I'm so sorry for leaving you alone back there.” Terra hugged Saiiya again. “It's okay. Ani came and got me, so I wasn't alone too long.” Saiiya exhaled deeply, closing her eyes and hugging the girl once more. “I'm going to go get cleaned up. Then I'll be back, okay?” Terra nodded, stepping back and giving Saiiya a big smile.
 
Saiiya ruffled her hair, weakly smiling back, and then stood, turning towards Neji and the medic. Neji took Saiiya's arm and slung it over his shoulders, wrapping on arm around her waist and the other holding her hand to take off some weight on her leg. As they got out of earshot of the guards, Saiiya glared at Neji. “Do I owe you for this too?” she asked tiredly, and Neji sighed. “Just be quiet and save your strength,” Neji replied solemnly, and Saiiya smirked a bit, doing as she was told. Three medic-nin were already waiting for Saiiya when they arrived at the small hospital wing, and the other medic-nin informed the others about Saiiya's condition. Neji let them take her, brushing himself off and eyeing the young ANBU as she was carried inside, the door shutting behind her. He shook his head, and then began walking back to aide Kurenai.
 
**Next Day**
 
Saiiya turned sideways, draping an arm over her eyes to shield herself from the light. Sighing, the medic-nin removed her arm and helped her sit up. “Hatake-sama. You need to take your medicine,” the medic informed, and Saiiya looked at him with the blank stare she always wore in the morning. Only, it was 4:00 in the afternoon. “Can I sleep a little longer?” she asked, yawning and stretching her arms. She looked down at herself, realizing she was still wearing her clothes from yesterday. “You've slept for almost 24 hours. Besides, after you do this, you need to go take a bath and if you are feeling well enough, you are to have dinner with Hiashi.”
 
That was enough to wake up Saiiya. “You mean, with manners?” she asked, and as the medic-nin nodded, she groaned, falling back onto the bed. “This is bad. Manners and I don't go well together…” Memories of the last time Saiiya went to a formal dinner made her pale. She closed her eyes shut tight, trying to ward away the incident. The medic-nin chuckled. “I can summon Neji to teach you the basics if you wish.” Saiiya's eyes shot open. “NO.” She didn't mean to sound so harsh, but there was no way that pompous ass was going to teach her ANYTHING. She barely had respect from him, if you didn't count the fact he insulted her half of the time, and actually admitting to him her manners were equal to that of a pig (as Kakashi had told her on several occasions) was completely out of the question.
 
“Do you wish for someone else to instruct you?” the medic asked, handing her a glass of water and then the pills. Saiiya swallowed a pill, and nodded. “Anyone but Neji. Is that understood?” “With all due respect, why do you not want Neji to teach you?” “Well, with no due respect, he's an arrogant, pompous ass who would never let me live it down if he had to teach his temporary teacher manners,” Saiiya responded with ease, popping the last pill in her mouth, downing it with water. “Teenagers…” the man muttered, and then said a little louder, “There is a bath for you. Turn to your left once you walk out of this room, and it's down the hall two doors to the left. I'll choose someone to teach you some manners afterwards.” She gave a sharp glare at the chuckling medic as he took the glass from her, exiting the room.
 
Saiiya swung her legs over the side of the bed, shivering slightly at the cool air that stung her bare skin. She paused, looking at the dark scar now adorning her once flawless (in Saiiya's opinion) leg. “Hmm…” she hummed to no one in particular. She stepped onto the ground, a chill running up her spine. With only a mild pain in her leg and side, she made her way to the bathroom. As she walked down the hallway, she noticed the snow whipping around outside, the wind howling and shaking the bare branches of the trees. The scene looked rather uninviting to Saiiya, and she reminisced a few days before she left on her mission.
 
Saiiya propped her legs on the small table in front of her, turning on the T.V. She flipped through the channels, stopping on one channel, which was currently displaying a commercial for a Jewelry shop that had recently opened. Diamonds sprinkled over the ground, and little children ran around, throwing the jewels up in the air. “Ahh…winter bliss,” purred the announcer, and the screen zoomed in on a couple sitting down on a bench. The man pulled out a small velvet box and opened it for the woman, and then the announcer gave examples of the `perfect' gift for your `special someone'.
 
Saiiya snorted, folding her arms in order to warm her hands up. “Winter Bliss my ass.” She opened the door to the bathroom, smiling warmly as she felt the steam from the tub cover her body. She walked in, closing the door behind her. She grimaced when she saw herself in the mirror. “I'm surprised how Terra didn't scream in fear and run away when she saw me,” Saiiya muttered, brushing her bangs out of her eyes. She was covered with dried blood and dirt, and her clothes were torn and ragged. Her hair was messy and all over the place and Saiiya could've mistaken herself for a homeless person. “All the more reason to take a bath.” She stripped herself of the destroyed clothing, slipping into the tub.
 
Saiiya let out a satisfied sigh. She submerged herself underneath the warm water, emerging after a few seconds. She began gently scrubbing herself clean, smiling with contentment. “Damn…I could get used to this…” she murmured, lowering herself so only her nose up was above water. She blew bubbles, chuckling in amusement. Cupping her hands, she scooped up water and poured it over her face. She sat up, reaching for the shampoo. She opened it, inhaling its scent. It smelled good; she loved the fragrance of oranges. Squeezing a medium sized glob of the shampoo, she wiggled her toes. The bathroom began to ring with her humming of the jingle on the jewelry commercial she had watched, massaging the shampoo into her hair.
 
She stopped humming when she heard a light knock on the door, and reached for the shampoo bottle as the door opened. To Saiiya's horror, Neji walked in, and soon had a shampoo bottle flying at his head. He caught it, looking at the assailant. He didn't expect to see a flushing, and rather nude woman in the bathtub. He also didn't expect that nude woman to be his teacher. ((A/N: Really, just think about it. You walking in on your teacher while they're taking a bath…guh-ross!)) Still covering herself, Saiiya picked up another bottle, aiming it at the Hyuga. “Get the hell out of here,” she commanded, and Neji turned around. “Gomen, Hatake. But I must retrieve Hanabi-sama's kunai knife.” Neji's hand waved at the counter, where as he had mentioned, was Hanabi's kunai knife, his other hand covering his nose and mouth.
 
“Then take it and leave. Next time wait for a response before you walk into the bathroom.” Neji took Saiiya's comment as a threat and took the kunai, closing the door. He wiped the blood off his upper lip, his face red. `I'm so screwed when we start training again.' Neji turned when he heard light footsteps coming towards him at a fast pace. “Neji-sama!” called the medic-nin, stopping in front of him. “Hatake-sama will kill me for this, but I have a favor to ask of you…” Neji looked fully at him, listening to the medic-nin's request. A smirk formed on his lips. Oh he was going to have fun tonight.
 
Saiiya stood up, wringing her hair out. She stepped onto the tile, draining out the water in the tub. She dried herself off with the towel the medic had left her, wrapping it around her waist. “Hairbrush…hairbrush…” she murmured quietly, looking around for a hairbrush, checking one of the drawers. She found one, and searched for something to tie her hair with while it dried. `A dark blue ribbon? And it matches the sash for the robe, how convenient,' she thought, smiling as she began brushing out her hair. She began humming a lullaby her brother sang to her when she was younger, rocking slowly with the tempo. Saiiya pulled her hair up into a high ponytail, tying it with the ribbon. Then she put on the undergarments and pale blue robe laid out for her. She tied the dark blue sash around her waist, examining herself.
 
Content for the moment, she brushed a stray strand out of her face and left the bathroom after cleaning it up a bit. She walked back to the room she had slept in, not sure where to go. She was surprised to see Neji standing there, looking quite smitten. He looked up at her casually, a smirk playing on his lips. “Need some help with your manners?” he asked calmly, startling the ANBU. “What? I- How'd-I- I'm going to strangle that medic once I find him…” she hissed, turning around to go find her new target. Many plans of brutal torture flashed through her mind, but a firm hand gripping her arm stopped her movement. She turned locking eyes with the taller Hyuga. Her heated gaze mingled with his confident one.
 
“You didn't answer my question, Hatake.” “Why does it concern you?” Saiiya asked bitterly. Neji leaned awfully close to her, and Saiiya could feel his breath on her face. “I have been asked by your medic to give you some help on your manners. I just wanted to confirm in case he was wrong and that you were sure enough of your ability to impress Hinata-sama's father,” he replied, and Saiiya instantly knew he was being a smart-ass. “Hn.” Neji released her, backing up and turning around. “First of all, you speak only when spoken to. Don't give long explanations unless someone asks you for one.” Saiiya hated the Hyuga's guts, but she knew when to get serious and shut up.
 
**An hour and a half later**
 
Saiiya and Neji had moved into the dining room, and Neji showed the different seats and where people would sit in order of importance. “This is more important for the server, because it's important to know who to serve first. You will most likely sit either here,” he waved his hand towards one seat. “Or here.” He waved to another spot. “But you will know when the time comes.” “Ah, Neji. Could you explain to me what you mean by that?” Neji paused, and thought a moment. “No. You will understand later this evening.” Saiiya's eyes narrowed. `He's a horrible teacher. I hope he doesn't apply at the academy,' Saiiya thought sourly as Neji motioned for her to sit down.
 
Saiiya, eyeing the place she was supposed to sit, sat down, rather ungracefully. Neji smacked her upside the head, and the kunoichi turned sharply, her eyes dark. “Hyuga…” she hissed, and Neji inwardly grinned at the power he held over her. She couldn't retaliate because he was instructing her, but the look in her eyes suggested she'd like nothing better than to dismember him slowly…with a sharp object. Or maybe a blunt object to make it more painful. Either way, he didn't want to know. “Stand up. That was horrible. Also, when you are upset at someone, a stern look is all that is necessary. Remaining calm and graceful at all times is a must.” Saiiya stood, lifting her chin.
 
“Then instruct me on the correct way to sit you big-headed…” Saiiya trailed off, not understanding how she ever thought she may LIKE the Jonin. Sure, he had looks that rivaled a god's, and he was extremely talented, and he had a hot smirk, and the way he looked when he got mad almost made Saiiya laugh, but that was about it. She exhaled slowly and calmly as Neji had instructed earlier, watching him carefully as he taught her the `proper' way to sit down without, as he quoted, looking like Naruto. Saiiya smirked, she had met the blonde a few years back, and she had heard quite a few stories about his loud and obnoxious behavior from Kakashi. She mimicked Neji, sitting down the way he told her, and a nod from him indicated she had done it correctly.
 
Neji stood, and she watched him, following his example. “Stand here, I'll be right back,” he said calmly, walking out of the room. Saiiya relaxed. Standing up straight with her chin high in a dignified manner was much more difficult than she had first thought. She stood straight on her own, but in front of Hyuga Hiashi, it apparently wouldn't do. Neji returned shortly with two cups filled with tea. “Sit.” Saiiya did as she was commanded, sitting down how Neji had showed her. Neji sat down across from her, setting the tea cups down. He waved his hand towards her. “Drink.” Saiiya bowed her head, and Neji sighed. “You look like a chicken when you bow your head. Add elegance to it. Just slightly bow your head and turn it to the side ever so slightly.” Neji showed her, and Saiiya blinked.
 
“Are you telling me that it matters if you bow your head too low?” Neji picked up his tea, sipping it. “You are proving to be extremely difficult, Hatake.” Saiiya glared at him. “You didn't answer my question, Hyuga.” Neji raised his eyes expectantly. “Hai. It does. Just the slightest hint of disrespect, ill manner, or anything improper suggests a poor background, and is considered disgraceful. Your presence tells a lot about you. As they say actions speak louder than words.” Saiiya looked up at the ceiling, falling backwards and lying flat out on the ground. Neji smirked. “For example, what you just did signals that you are a lazy ass ANBU who hates being dignified.”
 
Saiiya closed her eyes, evening her breathing. “Very well put, Hyuga. I think I'll call in sick tonight. I was not made for this. There was a reason I was born as Hatake Saiiya, and not an Uchiha or a Hyuga.” “Are you giving up?” Saiiya sat up, pulling her knees in towards her chest in an ungraceful manner, resting her elbows on her knees. “I never said I was going to give up. I just implied that I was going to have a difficult time learning all of this before dinner. I don't want to make a bad appearance in front of your uncle. I'd bring shame to Ani, and I'd rather slit my stomach and have my entrails to spill out over my feet than bring him dishonor.” Neji sweat dropped. “I think you and Hiashi-sama will get along just fine.”
 
Saiiya gave him a confused glance. “What do you mean?” “You both are very creative, and violent, sadists.” Saiiya raised an eyebrow, and shrugged it off. “However, it's undignified.” “If you bring anything sadistic up during dinner, it would. However, I'm certain the two of you could spend hours conversing about the different ways you can torture and interrogate victims of your choice.” Saiiya stretched her arms, standing up. “If you are no longer teaching me, than I see no need to be in your presence. Seeing as the blizzard will not be letting up for a while, I assume I will be spending the night at your home, because my condition is not yet well enough to go out there in the storm and survive. Will I be staying in the hospital room or will I have a guest room?” Saiiya asked somewhat respectfully, testing out how it sounded.
 
Neji stood, walking towards the door. “Probably in a guest room. Hiashi-sama wouldn't want to be disrespectful to his guests. I can take you there if you want.” Saiiya nodded. “I would appreciate that.” Neji just opened the door, walking out, Saiiya following. “By the way, you are the worst teacher I have ever laid eyes on,” she mentioned after a few moments of silence. “Actually, I'm an excellent teacher according to several people. I just enjoy making your life difficult.” Saiiya glared at him. “And you called ME sadistic? You hypocrite.” Neji said nothing else, making a lot of turns down hallways, Saiiya let her thoughts stray to the hallways, knowing she would never find her way out of this maze when she was summoned for dinner.
 
He stopped in front of a door, sliding it open. He looked almost lazily at Saiiya. “Here's the room you'll stay in until the storm blows over. You will be summoned when it is time for dinner. In the meantime, don't do anything stupid.” Saiiya nodded, walking in. She stopped, turning around. Neji was still standing at the door patiently, watching her with a bored glance. “What?” Neji continued to watch her as if she hadn't just spoken. “What the hell do you want, you bothersome idiot?” Neji pondered momentarily how many different ways she could come up with to insult him before responding. “Did you forget what I told you earlier during your training?”
 
Saiiya huffed irritably, crossing her arms defiantly. “Arigato, Hyuga. Send my highest regards to your uncle,” she growled, and Neji bowed his head. “Enjoy your stay, Hatake.” Neji could've sworn he was smirking as he closed the door. “Whoever thought of this whole winter bliss shit is going to be brutally tortured by myself. This is the furthest thing FROM bliss I've ever witnessed in this village.” Saiiya then began planning the downfall of the three people she most despised. ((A/N: Those three would be the medic-nin, Neji, and the person who thought of winter bliss, in case you were wondering…now back to the story!))
 
**A few hours later**
 
Saiiya was pulled out of her sadistic thoughts when she heard a light knock on the door. “Enter,” she said calmly, turning her head sideways so she could see from her prone position on the bed. A servant Saiiya didn't recognize opened the door, and she was obviously very timid. “Ah..Hatake-sama. Hiashi-sama requests you to come to dinner in ten minutes. Are you feeling well enough to do so?” she asked shyly. “Hai. I will be there.” The servant nodded and closed the door. Saiiya had hoped she could follow the girl, but by the time she had fixed her hair and walked out the door, she was gone. `I think my previous idea of torturing Neji will fall short to my bloodlust when I get my hands on his arrogant neck,' she thought angrily as her frustration grew.
 
The longer she walked around, the more lost she got. After wandering for what seemed like an hour, she ran into Hinata. “Oh! Hinata, gomen. Could you tell me where the dining room is? I was supposed to eat dinner with your dad and I…well…kind of got lost…” Saiiya explained sheepishly, and Hinata smiled. “Yeah. Follow me.” Hinata led Saiiya back to the way she came, and soon Saiiya realized that the dining room had been four doors down from where her room was. `That bastard led me to think the dining room was on the other side of the compound! Damn him to hell! Damn him to the lowest depths of hell that even Satan is afraid to delve! I hope he-'
 
“Gomen nesai, Hiashi-sama, for my tardiness,” Saiiya apologized, giving a low bow to the head of the Hyuga clan. She and Hinata entered the room after receiving a nod from Hiashi. Saiiya looked for the hint that would signal where she would sit, and if she didn't have the eyes of Hyuga Hiashi on her, she would've fallen over. There was a small name tag sitting on her plate. She sat down, glancing towards Neji, who simply stared back at her stoically. Saiiya looked around the table, trying to identify the different clan members. She turned her attention to Hiashi as he began talking, making many formal announcements. Saiiya frankly found his rambling boring, but remained stoic and calm.
 
After a few minutes of Hiashi talking, the food was served. There was an uncomfortable silence that she would've normally filled with casual conversation, but fear of being rude, she remained silent. `Alright, I NEVER wants to marry into a clan if I have to act like THIS all of the time. Kami knows I'd go insane…' Saiiya thought moodily, feeling her back tighten. She exhaled slowly and quietly to relieve some of the pain and she wanted nothing more than to relax her back and chatter away with Kayrin for hours like she normally did on a snowy eve. But she knew she would have to endure this, and once it was over she would rush back to her room and sleep away the painful sting that pierced her spine. She let her mind drift to random things, such as how many different sentences including `asshole, pompous, and Neji' she could think of.
 
Saiiya hadn't realized that Neji had asked her a question until Hanabi, who was seated next to her, elbowed her swiftly. `Neji's face looks much more like an asshole than any normal pompous- ow! What the hell is Hanabi- oh…' Saiiya looked up at the topic of interest in her mind, raising her eyebrows calmly. “Forgive me, Neji-kun. Could you repeat the question?” Neji was impressed how regal she looked. But of course, he'd never admit that. Giving compliments when unnecessary would definitely hurt his ego. “I asked, what do you think about the compound so far?” Saiiya paused, thinking over the best answer. “I find it very suitable. It quite exceeds my expectations. It is very regal and…dignified.” Neji's eyes flickered with amusement at her description. Well, her choice of words didn't degrade her he supposed.
 
After that question, the talking ceased, leaving Saiiya to go back to her previous train of thought. By the time they had finished the main course, Saiiya had thought of 176 different sentences. `Neji is a pompous asshole. Hm. Simple, haven't thought of it. Oh! What about, the pompous asshole Neji exceeds the expectations of a normal asshole? That's what? 178 now? Damn, I'm good.' Saiiya forced her laugh down her throat, the pain in her back coming back to her. She let her amusement dance in her eyes, and apparently Neji was the only one who noticed. She didn't care. She sipped her tea, remembering to soften the sound of it being set down by using her pinky. She clenched her teeth, the pain becoming quite bothersome in her back.
 
Finally, after what seemed to be years of silent, dignified eating, everyone was dismissed. They stood carefully, and Saiiya sighed heavily once out of eyesight of the judgmental clan members. Neji approached her, an impressed expression settled into his features. “Not bad, Hatake.” Saiiya brushed a strand of hair out of her face, regaining her tall posture. “Arigato, Neji. I compliment your ability to withstand such a dinner every night.” Neji raised an eyebrow at her. “Arigato, Hatake. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed my family's company. Perhaps you can join us another time.” Saiiya bowed her head the way Neji had taught her, smirking at him as their formal conversation finished and Saiiya returned to her room.
 
She collapsed on the bed, relieved that the painful torment on her poor, undignified body was finally over. With her hair fanned out on the pillow her head rested on, she absorbed into the moment. “Ah, it's not that early. I don't mind sleeping a little longer than normal,” she murmured to herself, sliding underneath the sheets. Her mind wandered to her friends, and she wondered what they were doing. `They're probably stuck with the three brats. I pity them. Hn. Speaking of the daughters, where's Terra?' Saiiya wondered turning onto her other side.
 
She groaned softly, knowing that now she'd never get to sleep if she didn't find out where Terra was. `I'm getting too attached to Terra…I'm going to be so depressed when she leaves. Kakashi won't be pleased…' Saiiya sat up, running her hands through her hair. Taking a deep breath, she stood, walking to the door. She slid it open, noticing how dark it seemed in the hallway. She decided the best choice was to find a maid, so she began wandering the halls. `Just my luck, I can't find anyone. It's like this place is completely empty.' She glanced over at a door as she passed it. `It's rude to knock on a door if I don't know who lies within. But, what the heck?' Saiiya stopped, looking at the door nervously.
 
“Here goes nothing,” she murmured to herself, and knocked the door lightly. There was some shuffling inside, and the door slid open. “Leave the tea on the bedside table,” mumbled a male Saiiya instantly recognized. “Neji?” she breathed, mentally slapping herself for stumbling on HIS room of all people. Neji turned, not realizing who had actually knocked. “Saiiya? What are you-” Neji stopped, smirking at the woman. “Is there something you need to tell me?” Saiiya noted the arrogant smile, crossing her arms and walking inside the room. “Just for your information, I didn't know this was your room. I was going to ask where my imouto is.” Neji didn't look convinced, but strolled towards his restroom.
 
“The girl who was with you when we were shopping? She's back at her apartment with her sisters. Are you getting attached? You know she's going to leave after a while,” Neji commented, untying his robe. Saiiya couldn't help but stare at his well-developed chest and abs as he removed the robe, throwing it in a basket; now all he wore were boxers. `Damn….he's hot…'she thought, her cheeks turning a light pink shade. Neji's smirk widened and Saiiya looked up at his face. “It's none of your business. That's all I needed…but seriously, was it necessary to take off your clothes in front of me?” she asked. Neji shrugged, and turned around, removing his headband. “Could you leave me? Unless there's something more you want from me…” The look on her face was priceless.
 
Saiiya felt her cheeks rise in temperature, and she turned on her heel. “Just… don't act like such an idiot,” she replied, closing the door. She had memorized the way back to her room, and found her way back rather easily. `Damn that shithead,' she thought dryly. `Making me blush like that…he's such an asshole.' Saiiya noted how many different ways she had insulted the shinobi, but figured he deserved it. She lay down, closing her eyes. `I've probably come up with more random insults than those sentences.' She grinned, chuckling. She then realized that it would be even harder for her to fall asleep after that encounter with Neji. Cursing, she turned on her side, trying to drive away her thoughts and fall asleep.
 
After a few hours of lying awake, Saiiya stood, deciding to watch the blizzard. She walked down the hall, remembering seeing a sliding glass door. Yeah, she was going to be stupid and sit outside on the porch during a blizzard, but it beat lying restlessly in bed with nothing to do. She slid open the door quickly, trying to deafen the noise the wind created. She closed the door, the wind whipping her hair around. She sat down, forming several hand signs. “Wind element: Wind barrier!” she whispered, and the wind around her calmed down. She brought her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around her legs and resting her chin on her knees. She watched the snow swirl around in the open, making beautiful patterns in the air.
 
Saiiya remembered the last time she had watched this outside. She closed her eyes, reminiscing. “Ani!! Ani!! Can I go outside? I wanna watch the snow!” cried the 6-year-old girl, tugging on his sleeve. Kakashi sighed, putting his pen down. “Saiiya…could you wait, please? I have to finish this report. Besides, you'll get swept away, it's a blizzard.” “But…but…” she whined, tearing up. “No buts. I'll be done in a little while. Go watch T.V. or something,” Kakashi replied, waving Saiiya away. Saiiya pouted, walking out. She looked over her shoulder, making sure that Kakashi wasn't paying attention, and then slipped outside.
 
The wind slapped against her small frame, sending shivers down her spine. She stepped closer to the open, and she felt her feet slide on the ground as she was swept sideways. She yelped and rushed back to the wall of the house, shivering. The cold was forgotten as she was taken by the violent beauty of the storm. A snowflake fell onto her nose, and she went cross-eyed looking at it. She giggled, brushing her hair out of her face. “You could've at least brought out a blanket with you. You'll freeze to death,” spoke a soft voice in her ear. She turned around, gasping to see Kakashi. He wrapped a blanket around her shoulder, setting her in his lap as he sat down. Saiiya nodded, snuggling in the blanket, and watched the blizzard together.
 
“You could've at least brought out a blanket with you. You'll freeze to death.” Saiiya turned around, surprised to see Neji. “Neji?” she gasped and Neji tossed a blanket at her. He sat down next to her, mimicking her sitting position, watching the storm. “Hn. You weren't all that sneaky when you let in that cold burst of air. My room isn't that far from this door,” he told her as Saiiya's jutsu encompassed him as well. Saiiya shrugged. “I wasn't really trying to be. I couldn't sleep,” she remarked simply. Neji eyed her, wrapping the own blanket he brought for himself tighter. He turned to look at the snow, sighing. “What?” He looked over at Saiiya. “What do you mean what?” “You sighed heavily as if you were troubled.”
 
“All of this snow makes it difficult to move around in after this storm is over,” Neji replied irritably. Saiiya chuckled, and soon started laughing. “What?” Neji asked, annoyance echoing in his voice. Saiiya glanced at him, grinning as her laughter subsided. “I thought it would be something serious, like actually traumatic. But something like that…it's so stupid!” Neji grunted, and Saiiya paused, thinking about what she just said. “Well, what I'm trying to say is, don't worry about the petty things, you know? Look at what's going on right now.” Saiiya waved her hand out at the snow. “Just enjoy the moment.” Neji thought about what she said, looking back out at the storm.
 
“All I see is a potentially destructive storm.” Saiiya sighed, shaking her head. “Never mind,” she said softly. They both fell silent, listening to the howl of the storm. Saiiya flinched slightly as the wind picked up, her jutsu weakening. Neji noticed this, and stood. Saiiya gazed up at him. “You should go to sleep. You still aren't strong enough to be staying out here.” Saiiya simply looked back at the blizzard. “I don't care. I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. I've stayed outside in worse conditions, Neji.” She let out a squeak when Neji stepped behind her, picking her up and carrying her inside. “Set me down, Hyuga.” Neji closed the door, dropping her rather ungracefully on the floor. “Good night, Saiiya.” Saiiya stood up, brushing her hair out of her face. “You are really asking for it, Neji…” she mumbled, and the two separated, heading to their own room.
 
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
Author: Well, I finally finished this chapter! Hope you liked it. I got some action and some drama. Next chapter I promise will be the Winter Festival, and I'll hopefully have it up within the next 2-4 days! I'll also be posting some one-shots for Christmas, but they might be a bit late along with my Christmas chapter. But, Merry Christmas! Also, happy boxing day!
 
Naruto: Nani? Boxing day?
 
Author: Hai. Boxing day is the day after Christmas where you beat up your family members for givin' you crappy presents the day before lol. ((It's actually a Canadian holiday where the churches open their poor boxes and pass out the money to the poor.)) Well, see you next time!