Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Rain ❯ Coma ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Wow, interesting last Chapter. Sorry for not updating in so long! Thanks again for the reviews! Not much to say…funny, though, I was almost finished with Chapter 9 before this one. I'm moving the plot forward next chapter! W00t! Just a question, Saiiya seems, unstable. She doesn't have a definite personality, and I'm thinking about rewriting this entire fanfiction. I'd like your comments about it and if you have any suggestions. But this chapter I'll finally get some training with Team Guy done and some more of Saiiya's original mission! After this chapter I'll start making them a little bit shorter for an easier read and a faster update. Enjoy!
 
~To the Reviewers: I REALLY appreciate the reviews, xX_Picasso_Xx, Milton, SaSuKeS_WiFe, and alexvalentine!! You guys are so sweet! If you have any requests of one shots, special chapters, or artwork (even though its not the best -_-) later on, I'll try and write/draw them for you! Thanks again! Also, if you have anything you want to submit, please do!~
 
`Nother Random Quote: “It's amazing! It's Remarkable! It's Mayonnaise!” - Kuzume Moriyama
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 8:
Coma
 
 
Neji didn't realize how close they were to each other until she turned to look directly at him. His hand relaxed, noticing the light blush that stained Saiiya's cheeks as she opened her eyes. He couldn't look away from her captivating evergreen eyes, everything else fading away into nothingness. All they could hear was their irregular breathing and their racing hearts, and even the ticking of the clock on her nightstand melted from their memories. The heat resonating from her body mingled with his, teasing his male instincts.
 
Saiiya didn't move in fear of possibly waking up from the dream which she must've been dreaming, but when his hand slipped down from her cheek and dropping to his side signaled that she just had high hopes. Neji backed up; surprising Saiiya as she could've swore she saw the faintest blush on his face. Their eyes still remained locked as if questioning the other if what had just happened wasn't a dream. Saiiya exhaled shakily, tucking a locket of hair behind her ear and turning towards her desk, breaking the remains of the enchanting hold they had on each other just moments before.
 
She picked up her hair brush, eyeing it for a few seconds, the awkward silence between them forming a dense cloud over them. Finally, Neji moved towards the door. “Hinata's probably waiting for me,” he mentioned stoically, receiving a simple nod from Saiiya, and he left. As soon as he did, Saiiya let out a relieved sigh, slumping down to the floor, gripping the hairbrush. `Didn't expect THAT…' she thought weakly, looking at the closed door.
 
~*~ (downstairs)
 
Kakashi was just walking up the stairs as Neji intercepted him. “Oh, there you are, Hinata's ready to go,” Kakashi explained as he began to walk downstairs with the Hyuga. Neji's only response was a curt nod and he continued towards his destination. Hinata had her coat on, talking to Kayrin at the door. Neji noticed that besides Kakashi, Kayrin, Hinata, and himself, there was no one left downstairs. `How long had we been up there?' he questioned to himself as he grabbed his coat and pulled it on. “Thank you for inviting us,” Hinata thanked, bowing her head. Neji did likewise.
 
Kakashi nodded back. “You are quite welcome.” As they left, Kayrin took a final look around the house. “Well, everything looks good. I'm going to head out myself. Tell Saiiya I'll see her tomorrow.” Kakashi waved as Kayrin skipped outside into the cold. Kakashi closed the door, sighing. It had been a long night, so he climbed up the stairs, talking to Saiiya for a little bit before heading to bed.
 
~*~ Next morning ~*~
 
Neji, Tenten, and Lee waited in their usual training spot, wondering why their sensei was late. Tenten noticed Neji looked, dare she say it, almost flustered. She shyly wondered if it was her, giggling at the thought. Neji looked up at her, cocking an eyebrow. “What?” “N-Nothing, Neji-kun.” Neji didn't even bother to respond to that, and returned to stare blankly at the door for any sign of the woman he had been somewhat nervous to see again. He wondered what she had thought about their interaction after the party last night. He couldn't stop thinking about the incident since it had ended.
 
He cursed mentally. The Jonin had wanted to kiss her so much it hurt. `No,' he rethought. `I don't want to kiss her. I want to make-out with her, and then screw her so badly she can't walk for the next week or so. And for that next week or so, screw her a few more times just for the hell of it and to lengthen the time I get to spend in bed next to her. Yeah, that seems more accurate.' Neji had completely given up trying to push her out of his mind, or denying the fact that he wanted to `make love', as women usually called it, to her, seeing as that only screwed his mind up even further. Neji smirked at the pun he had accidentally thought of.
 
Tenten was now watching the face of her crush. She saw his eyes soften a bit, and then grow more intense, and then softened once more as a smirk lined his features. Tenten missed a breath at the sight of the normally stoic Hyuga actually smiling. She watched the smile fade, and resumed watching his facial expressions, ignoring Lee's loud counting as he did 3,000 push-ups. There was a gust of wind, the familiar ANBU forming. “Sorry for being late,” Saiiya apologized, the wind dying. “But, we've fallen behind due to complications, so let's get started.”
 
Lee stood up, and Saiiya began to stretch. “Alright, first, I want you to run around this stadium two times. Then we'll get started.” Lee cheered and immediately began running, Tenten following. Neji stood still, watching Saiiya. She looked back at him, a silence forming between them. After about a minute, Neji began to run to catch up with Tenten, seeing as Lee was already on his second lap. Saiiya watched him, a small smile escaping from her. “What are you smiling at, Saiiya-sensei?” asked the spandex-wearing ninja, popping up beside her.
 
Saiiya diverted her gaze to Lee, trying to hide her blush. “Oh, nothing. Done already?” Lee nodded vigorously. “Alright, do whatever you want until they've finished.” After a minute, Saiiya found herself watching Neji again. He moved with such grace. She sighed in contentment, her warm smile returning. She then looked at Tenten, who had fallen into place next to the Hyuga. Immediately the ANBU felt her blood boil. Tenten was obviously flirting with him. As they finished their second lap, Neji quickly jogged away from Tenten, much to Saiiya's pleasure.
 
“Alright, Lee gets over here.” Once Lee got over, Saiiya began. “Alright. Today we're going to review the exercises, and I want to start showing you how to use a certain technique for chakra control.” The group nodded in return, beginning the previous exercises Saiiya had taught them. After half an hour, Saiiya stopped them. “You're ready.” Lee raised his hand. “Saiiya-sensei!” he shouted. The ANBU cocked an eyebrow. “Yes?” He dropped his hand. “I can't use chakra.” Saiiya smirked, stepping behind him. She placed two hands on his back, closing her eyes.
 
“I can't perform it well, but ask Kakashi or Kurenai. They know a jutsu that can transfer one's chakra to another for a short period of time,” she explained, blue chakra glowing around her hands. Lee's eyes widened, and he stumbled forward. “You should feel it. The chakra will only last up to ten minutes for what I can do depending on how much you use at one time. This should last you for about a minute when you use the Aridaisyu.” Lee nodded and Saiiya got back in front of them. She formed 5 seals slowly, closing her eyes. “Focus the chakra to your eyes and imagine forming a blade that will penetrate the genjutsu.”
 
She opened her eyes, the Aridaisyu activated. She released the jutsu, exhaling. “But before any of you do it, there's a very high risk of injury. The reason I've been training you for so long without doing this is because you need precise control when you move the chakra through to your eyes. If you aren't perfect in performing this, you are prone to serious injury and possibly death. If you wish to drop out, I'd prefer that than you risk your life for one jutsu that every ANBU and Jounin, save me, can get by successfully without.”
 
There was a long pause, all three ninja glancing at each other. After a few moments of silence, Saiiya nodded. “Alright, now form the five hand seals I just did.” Carefully, Saiiya repeated them, moving behind them to correct them one by one. As she finished assisting Tenten, she stood behind Neji. She wrapped her arms around him, her fingers brushing ever so slightly against his, correcting him gently. Neji felt her soft breathing against his cheek, her chest pressing into his back lightly, her soft, fleeting touches sending warm sensations down his body.
 
Saiiya loved the way she and Neji were so close. It caressed her heart, the small waves the connections of their fingers aroused. She missed his warmth as she pulled back; almost wishing he had had a bit more trouble on forming the unusual seals just so she could lean into his back. Lee took some time, seeing as he wasn't used to forming seals. When she had moved back to the front, she watched them close their eyes, waiting eagerly to see their progress. Simultaneously, they opened their eyes, and to Saiiya's great pleasure and relief, they all performed it correctly.
 
“Perfect! Now, imagine dispersing the chakra back into your system gradually.” Neji was thoroughly pleased with himself, relaxing once all his chakra was back into his system. He looked over at Lee, who also was back to normal, and over to Tenten. She looked normal, but there was something strange. It was as if something was obscuring his vision. He heard a scream. “Tenten!!” cried Saiiya, and the genjutsu disappeared, revealing Saiiya kneeling over the weapons kunoichi. “Saiiya-sensei!” Lee shouted, running to Tenten's side.
 
Saiiya cussed, biting her thumb. A trickle of blood ran down the digit as she formed the seals for summoning. There was a puff of smoke, and a small dog appeared with a Konoha headband around his head like a bonnet. A dark blue vest was the only other thing he wore. He yawned, stretching out a bit. “Hmm? What is it, Saiiya?” he questioned, returning to his normal position. “Go get a medic-nin, I need them soon as possible. There's been an accident with the Aridaisyu.” Pakkun sighed. “I thought you swore to never teach anyone again after that Jounin.” Saiiya glared at the dog, holding Tenten up.
 
Pakkun shook his head, disappearing without another word. “Saiiya-sensei, what happened?!” Lee begged again; staring in horror as Tenten writhed painfully on the ground. Saiiya gripped the earth beneath her. Tears welled in her eyes, cursing again. “Saiiya!” Neji yelled, grabbing Saiiya's shoulder and pulling her towards him. Saiiya drew back. “She didn't disperse the chakra correctly, and…” Saiiya never finished because Tsunade along with Shijin and two medics arrived.
“Get out of the way!” Tsunade barked, waving everyone aside. Saiiya got up with the aide of Neji. He didn't release his hands on her arms as he guided her backwards, rubbing his thumbs against her triceps gently. “Which part Saiiya?” Tsunade snapped, the black haired nin not responding. “SAIIYA!” “The dispersing.” Tsunade swore, waving Shijin and the medics forward. After a quick check, Tsunade motioned for them to pull out the stretcher. They did so quickly, and Tsunade's hand glowed with green chakra. The small crowd waited on baited breath for the results.
The famous healer didn't spare the ANBU captain a glance, helping get Tenten on the stretcher. “Tsunade-sama, will Tenten be alright?” Lee questioned fearfully. Tsunade sighed. “It's hard to tell, but it's unlikely.” Neji felt Saiiya shudder in his grasp, her quivering concerning him. “I have to examine her more at the hospital. Saiiya, I will need a full report from you in three hours.” The kunoichi in question nodded meekly, and the three medics left, Lee following. Shijin sent Neji a dark glare, his gaze softening as Saiiya stepped away, heading towards the entrance.
 
Shijin placed his hand on her shoulder, giving her an apologetic look. Saiiya smiled timidly, removing his hand from her and continuing to walk away. Once she was out of earshot, the two men glared at each other. “Don't think I won't have my eye on you, Hyuga,” Shijin warned, his voice darkened with ferocity. Neji smirked. “Jealous over a young man? You have no chance against me,” Neji shot back. Shijin stepped forward, grasping the Hyuga's collar. “You best be careful when around her, Hyuga, because I have no problem slitting your throat.” “If you can sneak up on me.”
 
Shijin shoved Neji away, glaring at him. Then, in a flash of smoke, Shijin disappeared. Neji chuckled, blowing a stray hair out of his face, and then rushing off to find the woman Shijin warned him not to get near.
 
~*~
 
Saiiya landed in the tree outside of her window, leaning against the bark, biting her lip. She exhaled deeply, rubbing her temples. Walking to the end of the branch, she slid open her window, stepping down. She fell onto her bed, shutting her eyes tight. “I'm such an idiot…such a fucking idiot!!” she growled, pulling her knees to her chest. “I should have stopped Guy…I shouldn't have taught them that damned jutsu!” She caught her breath as a well-known figure landed in her bedroom. “I'm not in the mood to talk right now…” she muttered, standing up and turning around, wiping the tears from her eyes.
 
“I heard about what happened. Shijin told me on the way to the hospital. It's not your fault, you know…” Saiiya shrugged it off coldly. “I just wish I could've done something…” Kayrin stepped forward and hugged her. Saiiya hugged back, crying. “I never…should have…agreed…” Kayrin hugged her friend tighter. “It was an order, you had to…You know what I think we should do? I think we should go out for ramen.” she suggested, smoothing out the black hair that seemed a bit wilder to suit her friend's mood. Saiiya let go of Kayrin, walking to her closet. She pulled out a long-sleeved black sweater and a pair of black pants.
 
“Alright, I need something to get my mind of everything anyways,” Saiiya replied, and Kayrin smiled. She walked out into the hallway, shutting the door quietly behind her. Saiiya closed her window and pulled the curtains closed, quickly dressing. She and Kayrin jogged down the stairs, surprising Kakashi as they waved and headed towards Ichiraku ramen.
 
They stopped running when they saw the familiar building. They smiled at each other and parted the cloth overhead, stepping inside. The sweet aroma of seasoning wafted in the air, both girls plopping down on the seats, Ayame coming out from the back. “Oh! Hey guys,” she called with a warm smile. “Who's out there?” questioned the old man Saiiya knew all too well. He walked out, wiping his hands on a cloth. “Well, long time no see!” he laughed. “I'll be right out with the usual!” Kayrin and Saiiya nodded before beginning a long conversation with Ayame.
 
Meanwhile, Neji landed in the tree outside of Saiiya's room. He knocked on the glass, waiting a bit. He sighed, knocking on it again. “Saiiya, open the fucking window already,” Neji ordered, not expecting Saiiya to hear him. He huffed, opening the window, pushing aside the curtains, not seeing her in there. He exhaled sharply, closing the window and jumping down. “Damn it. Where is she?” he wondered, beginning to wander down the street. He wandered around a few minutes, finally giving up and headed to Ichiraku. He hadn't been there in a while, and he was rather hungry.
 
He saw two figures inside, and when he stepped in, he groaned. Saiiya, Kayrin, and Ayame stopped talking, turning to look at the Hyuga. “Oh, Neji, hey,” Saiiya waved. He nodded his head. “Hey,” he responded coolly. Saiiya turned her head to the side so he couldn't see her blushing but in the process revealed her flushed cheeks to Ayame and Kayrin, who smirked in response. Saiiya glared at them as the old man came out, handing them their bowls. He looked up at Neji, smiling. “I haven't seen you very often, sir,” he noted calmly. Neji shrugged. “Hm. I'd like pork ramen, please,” he explained in the same, calm tone.
 
Saiiya set her chopsticks down as Kayrin and Ayame began talking again in a slightly more quiet tone. They gave Saiiya a `go-talk-to-him' look before turning back and talking about some incident dealing with contamination that had happened a couple weeks back. Saiiya stood up, Neji turning to look idly at her. “Can I talk to you a minute outside?” Saiiya asked stoically, raising an eyebrow at him. Neji smirked. “Of course.” After stepping out, Saiiya tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
 
“Have you gone to visit Tenten?” Saiiya questioned, looking out at the snow covered street. Neji didn't move. “No.” Saiiya nodded numbly, closing her eyes. “I was just wondering. You do know she likes you, right?” Saiiya asked, her stoic expression faltering a moment. “Yes.” Saiiya bit the inside of her bottom lip. “What do you think about her?” Neji smirked, looking at the ANBU. “Are you…jealous?” Saiiya coughed, covering her mouth and turning a deep crimson. Neji laughed. “You are.” Saiiya stood defiantly, clenching her fists. “Bullshit, Hyuga. Jealousy is for children. I am a woman.”
 
“Just barely.”
 
“Watch your tongue.” Neji chuckled as Saiiya spun around and stalked back inside. Neji's smirk didn't fade as he followed suit, sitting down next to the obviously jealous kunoichi. She finished her ramen quickly, standing up and paying for it. “You know where I'll be,” Saiiya murmured, exiting after saying goodbye to Ayame and her dad. Neji shook his head as he got his pork ramen, his smirk still settled on his face. Kayrin and Ayame talked a little while longer, and then Kayrin left. Neji set his bowl down, Ayame taking the bowl from him. “So, you are the fabled Hyuga Neji. Do you like her?” Ayame questioned a sly smirk on her face.
 
Neji stood up, snorting. “What I think doesn't concern you.” Ayame giggled as Neji turned and began to walk out. “You DO like her. That's good. She'll be glad.” Neji stopped in mid-step, activating his Byakugan to look back at her. ((A/N: I've always thought the Byakugan would be quite useful in simple things such as that…oh, right sorry, back to the story..)) “What do you mean by that?” he questioned carefully. Ayame squeaked and blushed. “Oh, whoops. Um, nothing! Um…have a good day!” she called, rushing to the back room.
 
~*~ At the hospital
 
Tsunade looked up from the kunoichi in the bed as the door slid open. Saiiya bowed her head, closing the door behind her. “How is she?” Saiiya questioned, stepping hesitantly to the edge of the bed. “She's in a coma. All of the people you've taught this jutsu- she's different.” Saiiya gripped the sheets covering Tenten's frail and vulnerable body. “You need to tell me what happened, every detail.” The ANBU nodded nervously, bowing her head again. “They all performed it perfectly, I could clearly see it in all of their eyes…I explained to them to disperse it evenly and slowly…
 
“Neji and Lee were doing it well, but Tenten began sweating, and she seemed to be straining. I quickly set up a genjutsu on Neji and Lee so their concentration wouldn't falter and hurt themselves. She screamed and collapsed. I ran over to her, dropping the genjutsu, and tried to lift her head. When Neji and Lee came over, I summoned Pakkun to get you. I told Neji and Lee a little bit of what happened and then you showed up.” Tsunade sighed. “I see.” There was a silence. Saiiya wrung the sheet with her hands anxiously, not taking her eyes off of the comatose teen.
 
“She's not going to make it is she?” Tsunade took a step towards Saiiya. “I don't know. None of the others have made it past activating the Aridaisyu. I'll let you know when I find something,” she replied, placing her hand momentarily on the younger girl's shoulder, walking out. Saiiya stood there for a few minutes before sitting down in the chair next to Tenten's bed. She brushed Tenten's hair with her fingers, biting her bottom lip. Tenten didn't respond causing Saiiya's throat to tighten.
 
“I take full responsibility for what's happened to you, Tenten. I'm so sorry.” Saiiya smiled grimly. “I've only hurt you, haven't I? I've always been jealous of your expertise in weaponry, and we've always been rivals in love. Yeah, I knew you liked Neji, just like you probably knew I liked him. Now look what I've done. You're in a coma.” Saiiya looked at her hands, sighing. “Just make sure you get better, okay? You can't beat me if you don't get out of that coma…” Saiiya closed her eyes, not realizing she had fallen asleep until a firm hand shook her awake.
 
Saiiya's head jerked up, pulling out a kunai, prepared to attack. “I didn't realize you had such hostile emotion, Saiiya.” The ANBU relaxed, putting away her kunai as she recognized the voice. “Neji, you scared the shit out of me.” “Then you shouldn't fall asleep in broad daylight,” was the Hyuga's simple reply. Saiiya huffed, standing up. “What do you want?” she snapped, retying her hair as she walked towards the door. Neji raised an eyebrow. “I came to see Tenten.” Saiiya glanced over her shoulder as he turned, placing one of his hands on the bed, looking at Tenten. “I also came to see you.”
 
The kunoichi's breath caught in her throat. “You did?” she whispered, blushing for the umpteenth time that day. Neji turned and looked at her. “Yeah. There are a few things I wanted to talk to you about.” Immediately she became suspicious, her eyebrows furrowing. “Uh-huh…” Neji almost grinned at her suspicious stare, but controlled himself. “Do you blame yourself for what happened to Tenten?” Saiiya's eyes narrowed, casting her gaze to the side. “And if I do?” Neji didn't blink his mental smile fading. “Then you should know that it wasn't your fault, and no one should blame you.”
 
“You don't have to do that, Neji. It would lessen the pain.” There was a short pause. “Saiiya. How do you feel about me?” The tension increased, the ANBU's heartrate skyrocketing. She knew that eventually the Hyuga would confront her after the Christmas Party, but she hadn't expected it to be so soon. She turned around, her face flushed. She didn't quite know what to say.
 
“YOU!” Saiiya and Neji turned sharply towards the door, seeing a black haired woman neither of them recalled seeing before. The woman, somewhere in her late 40's, stormed in, a brunette male around the same age following. “May I help you?” Saiiya questioned in a reluctant tone, but secretly relieved that she had successfully avoided answering Neji. “YES! Go dig yourself a grave after taking my BABY out of that coma!” the woman roared angrily, stopping about a foot away from the ANBU. “Are you trying to blame-” Neji stopped himself when the woman shot a nasty glare at the Jonin. She turned her heated gaze back to Saiiya.
 
“My daughter is in a COMA! Do you understand?! Tsunade hasn't ever dealt with your damned technique!! If you hadn't taught her…” Neji took a threatening step forward. “Tenten willingly accepted this training. It was purely by choice.” Tenten's mom paid little attention to the genius of the Hyuga Clan. She threw a punch at Saiiya, faster than Saiiya expected, barely being able to dodge it. Her mom pulled out a kunai, moving to stab Saiiya in the forearm. Saiiya twisted to the side, the kunai making a deep cut into the middle of her left upturned arm.
 
The furious woman turned, trying to once again stab the person who hurt her child. “Saiiya!” Neji yelled out, but the man who had been silent the whole time grabbed Neji, throwing him backwards. The door to the room burst opened, revealing a severely pissed off Tsunade. “What the HELL is going on here?! This is a HOSPITAL, not an arena!” she bellowed, stopping all four ninja in their tracks. Tenten's mom dropped the kunai, shoving Saiiya harshly to the side, not bothering to say anything to Tsunade, her husband following. Saiiya leaned against the wall of the room, holding her arm.
 
Neji got to Saiiya before Tsunade, taking her wrist and turning it so he could see her wound. Her hand gripped it, blood staining her hand and arm. He looked up at her face, her gaze directed elsewhere, a pained expression evident. Neji figured it was because of the pain. “Neji, stand back,” Tsunade ordered, the Hyuga simply moving to the other side of the ANBU. Tsunade eyed the pair, a knowing smirk peeking through her stoic face just long enough for Neji to catch. He sent her a warning glare in return, and Tsunade took hold of Saiiya's hand. “Tsunade-sama…” Saiiya began, clenching her teeth.
“Move your hand, Saiiya, I can't heal it correctly otherwise.” The kunoichi looked up at the healer, her evergreen eyes filled with remorse. “Good. I'll bandage it before I leave. Please take care of Tenten and notify me when she wakes up.” Tsunade and Neji gaped at her, surprised. Saiiya stood up straight, still gripping her arm, and jogged out. She glanced over her shoulder, sending a disheartened glance towards Tenten and then closed the door with her foot. Tsunade shot a look towards Neji. “Are you going after her or not?” Tsunade interrogated, walking carefully to Tenten's bedside.
 
Neji nodded, running after the ANBU. Tsunade sighed, shaking her head. “Teenagers…”
 
“Hatake!” The woman in question didn't stop, not responding at all to the calls of the Hyuga. “God dammit, I'm talking to you!” Neji growled, grasping the silent woman by the shoulder, forcing her to turn around. His eyes glared deep into hers, trying to see into her heart. “I know. I'm ignoring you,” Saiiya replied simply. Neji gripped her shoulder, clenching his teeth. “Why you…” The smack that followed echoed in the hallway, Saiiya's head snapping to the side, a dark red welt forming on her cheek.
 
Saiiya turned to look back at Neji, the same pained expression on her face as before. “What the hell is your problem?!” Neji asked urgently, not releasing his hold on her. “My problem doesn't concern you,” Saiiya retorted, earning another slap on the opposite cheek. “Do you just WANT attention?!” Saiiya grabbed Neji's hand, releasing his grip on her shoulder, forcing it onto the wound that was still bleeding. “THIS, Neji, is just a physical wound. THIS wound is a reminder of the emotional pain I bear. It's a SYMBOL of the one thing I desire most in this world.
 
“I don't give a fuck about attention. It's just another god damn thing I have to dump on my shoulders. So quit acting like you know me and get out of my face.” Neji's stepped back and Saiiya pulled away, her blood smearing onto Neji's hand and at the same time, a shocked look smearing onto his once pissed features. As Saiiya jogged off, grasping her arm, he looked down at the crimson liquid staining his palm. “What do you desire, Saiiya?” he whispered, his fingers curling into a tight fist, the blood of the woman he loved dripping to the floor.
 
~*~ (Hatake House)
 
Saiiya dragged herself into the house, wiping her eyes. She saw a note lying on the table, sitting down and picking it up with her bandaged arm, reading it.
 
Saiiya,
 
Asuma and I went out for a couple of drinks. Be back sometime tonight...or tomorrow...
 
 
Kakashi
 
“That's convenient,” she murmured, flumping onto the couch. She rolled onto her side, picking up the remote control and began to flip through the channels. She stopped at a special on some type of monkey in the rainforest. The kunoichi pulled her body up, going to grab something to snack on. She huffed as she found nothing she wanted to eat at the moment. “Damn. Why isn't there anything to eat in this place? What the hell have we been spending all of our money on?!” she cussed out loud, slamming the cabinets shut and falling onto the couch once more. She glared at one monkey in particular that was eating a ripe, yellow fruit.
 
“Damn you and your fruit, you stupid-ass monkey,” Saiiya hissed, reaching for the remote that she had placed on the table. Her fingers barely grazed the side of the black object, pushing it further away from her. She growled and tried to reach further, but suddenly felt herself and the cushions sliding away from the couch. A loud scream and thump echoed, leaving a thoroughly pissed teenager on the floor. She grabbed the remote, turning off the T.V. After readjusting the cushions, she stormed upstairs.
 
The ANBU nearly tore her door off its hinges as she felt her temper rose. She stalked into the closet, pulling out her stereo. The stereo was then plugged into the wall and turned on. Saiiya pulled out her CD case and put in “Three Days Grace” by Three Days Grace. She pressed the play button and switched to the last song. She backed up a few steps, falling over and lying down. “Worn out and faded, the weakness starts to show. They've created the generation that we know…” Saiiya sang bitterly. Slowly she stood up, swinging along with the movement. She brought her knees up, resting her elbows on them as she gripped her hair. “You made it, you played it; your shit is overrated!”
 
The English words tasted bittersweet on her tongue, flooding her mind and washing out her stress. As she yelled out the lyrics, she felt calmer and calmer until the song finished, and she was relaxed. Sighing heavily, she closed the blinds and door, pulled herself onto her bed, and fell into an early sleep.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author: Well, that's the end of Chapter 8! Thank God for that because I swear I've rewritten this chapter at least 4 times. Hope you enjoyed it. Chapter 9 will be up soon (hopefully)!!
 
Ja Ne!