Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Just a Joke, Right? ❯ The Begining ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(A/N.) A/N.) HELLO EVERYONE!!! Sorry that this came out later then I said it would, but I had some....difficulties, but long story short my dog died and I wasn't really in the mood to do anything, and on top of that I had this test at school and two volleyball games. But enough about that let's get on with the long awaited (but not really) "Just a Joke, Right?" On with the first chap!!! PLEASE R&R everyone!!!



Ages in the story:

Sakura- 15 (I know it says 16 in the begining, but that's because it starts a year after the story happenes)
Sasuke-15
Naruto-15
Hinata-15
Ino-15
Kiba-15< br> Temari-16 almost 17
Shikamaru-15
Neji-16
Tenten-16
Lee-16
Sai-15
Shi no-15
Choji-15
Garra-15
Matsuri-15
Shiba-15
Karin-16
Suigetsu-16
Juuga-16
Itachi-19
Kankuro-18


Discl aimer: No I do not own anything. I wish I did though.



This takes place in Sakura's P.O.V. until it says otherwise.


The Beginning!


Hey, my name is Sakura Haruno. I am currently 16 years old and a Jr. in high school. I have unusual pink hair and emerald green eyes. You can say I don't really 'fit in' with everyone else, but that's just fine with me. I never was the kinda person who liked being part of the crowd anyway. I'v always been kind of a tomboy, too. Well, enough about me I'm here to tell you the story of how me and my knight in shining armor (guess who?!) got together. Well, you and my cousin Shiba, who i'm currently on the phone with.

(Normal P.O.V.)

"So, Saki. I'm in the mood for a story and you never did tell me how you and your boyfriend got together. So, spill!" Shiba said from the other side of the line.

"Alright, alright. I'v been meaning to tell you for a while now, anyway." Sakura sighed into the phone.

"Well..." Shiba said impatiently.

"It's quite a long story, you sure you want to hear it right now?" Sakura asked.

"Sakura, my boyfriend's family owns this pet store. I'm sure they won't mind if i take a little extra time on my break." Shiba said matter of factly.

"Well, that's true." Sakura replied.

"So, you may begin." Shiba told her.

"O.k. it all started last year, my Sophomore year at my school.......


*One year ago*
(Sakura's P.O.V)


I was on my way to my first day as a sophomore at Konoha High. Last year, as a Freshmen, was actually not that bad. I made a lot a friends and got comfortable with high school really fast. Now I have friends, I'm captine of the volleyball team,I have good grades, and I'm ready to start off my sophomore year.

'Good-bye Freshmen, hello sophomore!' I thought to herself excitedly as I walked into the school.

"Sakura! Over here!" called out a very loud voice. I turned around and saw Ino.

"Hey, pig!" I said with a smile as I ran over to where Ino and everyone else was.

Everyone was at our usual hang out place, the huge Sakura tree in the middle of the school yard. Naruto, one of my childhood friends, was laying on the ground next to Hintata, who was sitting down on her knees. Neji was leaning on the tree looking impassive and Tenten was on a small bench next to him. Ino was standing up and looking at me as I aprroched, while Shikamaru was looking up at the clouds from a bench near Tenten's. Kiba and Akamaru were sitting on the lowest branch of the tree. Temari was sitting next to Tenten on the bench, and Lee was running laps around the tree shouting something about being youthful. (isn't he always?) Then, the last person caught my eye for just a moment longer then the rest, Uchiha Sasuke, looking as stoic as ever. Mr. Perfect, Captin of the basketball AND football team, perfect straight A student, one of the hottest and most popular guys in school, and one of my best friends since I was in kindergarden. Our eyes met for a few seconds and I smiled at him before I looked back to Ino.

"Starting with that already, Forhead?" Ino asked as she smiled back at me.

"Maybe." I answered back.

"How was your summer Sakura?" Tenten asked getting up from her place on the bench.

"It was pretty boring actually, I really didn't do anything but use the computer and go to the pool a few times. Oh, and I went to Disney for the 4th of July." I answered with a smile. "How about yours?" I added.

"It was pretty cool. I went to this weapons camp for like a month and a half. It was so awesome to learn how to use all those cool weapons. It was like heaven!" Tenten replied dreamily, thinking about her days at camp probably.

"Seriously Ten. Why are you so obssessed with weapons? I mean what's so great about them?" asked Temari.

"Same reason you like fans so much. I just like them." Tenten answered.

"So, how was you're summer Temari?" I asked looking at my bestfriend (a/n, Temari and Ino are her closest freinds, well girl friends.)

"It was o.k. I went to a family reunion in Suna. It was pretty cool actually, getting to see all my family members and stuff. And it was hilarious when my uncle flipped Kankuro of his tube, while we were tubing at the lake. Garra and I were just cracking up on shore looking at him. " She replied, laughing at the memory.

"Nice! I wish I was there to see that." I said with a slight giggle. "How 'bout you Hinta?" I asked turning to her.

"I-it was great. I-I m-mostly stayed home, b-but my f-father helped me with v-volleyball." Hinata answered.

"Oh, that's cool. What about you Ino, other then that month in Tokyo?" I asked her.

"Well, after I came back from Tokyo, I went to L.A.(yes, Los Angeles in the U.S.) with my mom and dad. It was simply wonderful!" She replied grinning.

"How the heck did you become rich and descide you were going to waste it on going to wherever you wanted?" asked Temari.

"Nowhere I just wanted to go." Ino said shrugging.

"O...k...whatever you say Ino, dear." I said. I regained my composure and started to talk again.

"Well, I know that Sasuke and Naruto playing basketball, because they played on MY hoop, and went to camp for a few weeks. And I'm guessing Lee like ran three marathons a day or something." I said.

"I'll have you know it was FOUR marathons a day!" Lee shouted as he stopped his running for like, two seconds, to say that to me. (a/n, crazed excercise freak!)

"O.k." I sweat dropped and started to speak again. "So, how about you Kiba? Neji?" I asked turning to face them.

"Fine." Neji answered plainly.

"I worked at my mom and dad's pet shop for the summer. It was pretty cool. AND they hiered this REALLY pretty girl. So my summer was pretty good." He said with a grin as Akamaru barked in agreeance.

"So, you gonna ask her out?" asked Naruto curiously.

"I don't know, maybe." Kiba said shrugging.

"Oh, that's right! What classes do you guys have?" I asked pulling out my schedule.

Sakura's Schedule

Math/Algebra (with Kakashi) from 9:00 A.M.- 9:45 A.M.

Science (with Orochimaru)*shivers* from 9:45 A.M.- 10:30 A.M.

English/Literature (with Jiraiya) from 10:30 A.M. to 11:15 A.M.

P.E. (with Gia) from 11:15 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.

Lunch from 12:15 P.M.- 12:45 P.M.

History (with Asuma) from 12:45 P.M.- 1:30

Health (with Tsunade) from 1:30 P.M.- 2:00 P.M.

French (with Anko) from 2:00 P.M.- 2:30 P.M. Only on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

Art (with Anko) 2:00 P.M.-2:30 P.M. Only on Wednesday and Thursday.

Music (with Kurinai) from 2:30 P.M.- 3:00 P.M.

Volleyball Practice after school from 3:15 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. Only Monday-Thursday.


"EEEK!!!" Ino squeeled. "I have all my classes with you except Math and Science." Ino anounced cheerfully. (A/N. She has those classes switched.)

"Nice! What about you Temari?" I asked turning to her.

"I have all my classes with you." She aswered happily.

"Yes!" I said and we gave eachother a high-five.

I then turned to Hinata and Tenten and asked the same thing.

"Hinata and I have the same classes, but we only have four classes with you, Ino and Temai." Tenten replied still looking at everyon's schedule.

"That's too bad, but at least we have some classes together." I replied with a smile.

"True." Tenten said with and smiled back.

"Look look!!!" Naruto shouted, catching my attention.

"What is it Naruto?" I asked.

"Teme has the same classes as you and Temari, and I have the smae classes as Tenten and Hinata except for math and science." Naruto said waving his and Sasuke's schedule's in the air.

Hinata blushed to hear that Naruto, her long time crush, had the same classes as her.

"Coolers!!!" I said.

"Sakura where do you come up with these words sometimes?" asked Tenten.

"I don't know they just come to me." I said with a slight shrug.

"Whatever you say." Tenten said

"What about Neji, Lee and Kiba?" asked Naruto.

"I only shear one class with Sakura, Temari, and Sasuke. I have four with Hinata, Naruto and Tenten and three with Neji and Lee." Kiba replied.

"Neji and I have the same classes except two." Lee replied.

"Four with Hinata, Naruto and Tenten, two with Sasuke, Sakura and Temari. And one with Kiba." Neji said stoicly.

"Well, I better get going. I said that I'b meat Shino at the lockers before class. Well, later guys." Kiba said jumping from the tree and walking off.

"See ya later dog boy!!!" I shouted.

"So Ino are you going to stalk Sai again this year?" I asked with a giggle.

"NO! and I never stalked him." Ino yelled back at me.

"You never stalked who?" Sai asked popping up behinde Ino.

"S-sai, when did you get her?" Ino stuttered surprised.

"I was just passing by and descided to stop and say hello." He answered.

"Hey Sai!" Naruto greeted.

"Hey Naruto. Hey ugly." Sai turned to me and said.

"What did you just call me you retard?!?" I yelled about to give him a peice of my mind.

"Calm down hag, making that face will only give you more wrinkles." He said back.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" I shouted, now VERY angry.

'RING'

Just then the school bell rang.

"Well it's time to go for me to go ugly. See ya around Ino." Sai said as he walked away.

"You got lucky this time Sai. Next time you won't be so lucky!!!" I yelled at his retreating figure as Temari was holding me back.

"Man, he really did get saved by the bell." Tenten said.

"W-well, we b-better g-get going t-to class or w-we'll be l-ate." stuttered Hinata.

"Well you guys do. Kakashi-sensai is always late." Naruto said.

"Yeah, but if we get to class early we can get whatever seat we want and just talk untill he gets there." I suggested.

"Great idea. Let's go!" Temari said starting to walk off.

"Hey wait for me!!!" Naruto shouted running after her.

"See ya later guys, let's go emo boy." I said my good-bye's and dragged Sasuke away to math.

"Later forehead!" I heard Ino call out as I turned a corner with Sasuke.


~TBC~


(A/N.) So what do you think? this took a while to typ up and it's only like an introduction. My first chaps usually arin't that great, but I think it came out pretty good. Well review and tell me what you think PLEASE!!!! Next chap should be out soon!!!