Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kaka/Saku Drabbles ❯ I Will Return ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. How many times do I have to say this before you're satisfied? JK :D
I Will Return
Kakashi stood at the front gates of Konoha as he waited for his teammates. He was garbed in his ANBU clothes and was waiting for his assigned team. It would be a dangerous mission for they were to assinate a feudal lord.
He felt a familiar presence behind him and turned around to see who it was.
 
Sakura stood a few feet behind him while ringing her hands nervously. She had indeed grown from the time that he known her as a Genin.
 
"Good evening Sakura," I say loud enough for her sharp ears to hear me.
"Hey," Sakura replies as she brings her head up to meet my eye.
"Not to be rube. But what are you doing here?" I ask perplexed as to why she would be out this late at night.
"Just to say good luck," Sakura replies with a forlorn look in her sea-foam eyes.
"Thank you."
'It is no wonder that she is so down. Sasuke had left to Orochimaru and Naruto had gone with Jiriaya to train for three years. Now I am the one that will be leaving her. She will have no more members of Team 7 around her for a long time.'
"Good luck," she says softly so I have to strain to hear her.
I take a couple of steps forward as I can sense my teammates arriving. But before I am able to take another step I feel a pair of small yet strong arms circle my waist.
 
I can hear a muffled sobs escape Sakura's mouth as she tries to hold back her tears. After a moment I take her hands and remove them from around me and turn around to face her.
 
Her beautiful heart shaped faced is streaked with her tears, making her seem even more beautiful in my eyes.
"I'm sorry Sakura but it is my duty to Konoha," I say softly before pulling her into an embrace.
'She smells sweet like the innocent girl she is' I think to myself as I lay my hand on her shoulder.
'But she is not an innocent girl anymore, is she?'
 
As I pull back I can see that her bottom lip is quivering as she tries to hold in her tears. Without thinking I pull down my mask and place my lips over her own. It is nothing but an innocent, reassuring kiss. But I cannot comprehend why I deepen it then pull back and kiss her closed eyelids.
 
I give her one last hug before taking a step back. As I look back into her eyes I see a happiness there that I have not seen before.
 
I turn around and start walking out of the gates with my two teammates beside me. I stop a few steps forward and look back to see Sakura smiling and waving at me.
 
'When I do return Sakura, I will make sure that I never leave you again.
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o
Just a quick drabble I thought up in a few minutes. I hope you guys still like it though. XD