Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kekkei Genkai Aura Manipulation ❯ Normal ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto. I do own Saiya.

Chapter 1. Normal

I’m the last person to be shocked from anything that seems abnormal, but this, this is just weird. Ninja are standing in my apartment. NINJA. Not just any ninja, either, but the ninja from my favorite anime, Naruto. Talk about weird.

Sakura began to heal a deep wound in Shikamaru’s arm as I wrapped the gash on the back of my hand. They had come out of nowhere. I was just taking a normal run at a normal park like any normal person and then they came.

Maybe I should start over.

My name is Kait Saiya. I’m 19 and I’ve lived a normal life in a normal city working a normal job, or at least I wanted to be normal. See, I’m not. I’m and empath and telepath. I can read people’s aura’s as well as their minds. Hell, I even get the occasional premonition. Not normal.

It was only 5 when I went on my jog at the nearby park. It was still sunny, but most of the people were leaving. I was thinking about the rumors of the woods near it. People say that it’s haunted. Which is true. When I concentrated on it, I could actually feel the dead. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground with a blond haired dumbass on top of me. I was about to yell when I saw his face.

Uzumaki Naruto.

That’s when I got hit with the anger and frustration of the dozen or so ninja around me. Most of them were on their asses or stumbling to get back on their feet.

Naruto looked at me in shock. I probably looked like I was in pain because he was lying on my lungs. Then he looked at the others.

“Gomen!” he yelled as he stood to join the fight. I waited a second to steady my breathing and block the emotions of the others before standing. I recognized several other shin obi: Nara Shikamaru, Haruno Sakura, Inuzuka Kiba, Neji Hyuuga, and Tenten. Each of them were fighting at least two other ninja. What the hell was going on.

I tried to convince myself that I was daydreaming. This wasn’t real. Of course that didn’t last long. My eyes widened as a ninja charged at me with a kunai. I didn’t have time to react. He was too fast! Then Shikamaru appeared in front of me. The kunai embedded into his arm and he fell into me.

I was back on the ground with Shikamaru in my arms. Wow. Two guys on top of me in under five minutes. Lucky me.

The ninja reached for another weapon. My hand fell on something cold. A kunai. I grabbed it and deflected the shuriken he threw, then I threw the kunai. It sunk into his chest with a sickening sound.

Shikamaru looked at me and I shrugged. I knew how to defend myself. Shikamaru stood and ripped the kunai out of his arm. “Tenten!” he yelled.

She looked at him.

“Cover her!”

“Right!” Tenten ran over to me as Shikamaru rejoined the fight. “Stay behind me, alright?”

“Look out!” I pulled Tenten away before a larger ninja wielding a club bigger than me slammed it down and hit the ground.

“Thanks. Now go over there!” She pointed towards the trees.

I nodded and ran closer to them. I watched the fight play out.

They were losing. Shikamaru was wounded, because of me, Neji was fighting a lot of people and getting tired, Akamaru was unconscious, Sakura was having a hard time, Kiba was trying to protect Akamaru, Naruto was too stubborn to quit, and Tenten was fighting someone four times her size.

And then it got worse.

The big guy landed a hit on Tenten. She flew back into a tree so hard that the tree was coming down…on top of her! I screamed her name as I ran to her. I rolled and grabbed her, pulling her out of the way. The tree barely missed my foot. Tenten was out cold and the ninja was feet away.

I’ve never been more afraid than this in my life. I actually might die here. I knew what using my powers would do to me, but I had to. I still have to find my sister. I can’t die here.

I stood up and the ninja laughed. He raised is club but stopped halfway and stumbled back. He looked around for the source of what hit him. So I did it again. I was using my aura to attack his. He keeled over in pain.

Getting punched hurts. Getting your aura, your very essence, torn apart is excruciating. Several weapons flew at me and Tenten. I used my aura to deflect them from her. One sliced across the back of my hand. It stung, but I ignored it.

As I tore at the man’s aura, he’s screams became louder and more pained. Finally he fell over dead.

The fight had stopped because everyone was staring at me.

“Demon,” muttered one of the rogues. “Retreat!” He made several hand signs I didn’t know, and then a portal appeared. Yes, a portal. They booked it through the portal.

I breathed heavy. It took a lot of energy to do that. I rested my hands on my knees and put my head down. I felt like I could throw up.

Shikamaru clasped his bleeding arm.

“Shikamaru! Your arm…” Sakura looked at it. “I need to heal that before you loose more blood.”

“We need someplace to go,” Neji said as he gently picked up Tenten.

“You can…come to my house,” I said in between breaths.

Shikamaru nodded.
***
And that’s how we got here. Everyone was sitting around my living room. Naruto was staring at me. I had a headache. It felt like my head was going to implode. Using my powers like that was an aweful idea.
I finally got annoyed with him, “What?”

“You’re weird,” Naruto said.

“You’re one to talk,” I retaliated.

“You don’t even know me!”

“Your name is Uzumaki Naruto.”

Everyone looked at me. Instead of explaining that they were only supposed to be fictional characters on an anime TV show, I just told them about my powers. I do occasionally have premonitions, occasionally.

“So…” Naruto said, “You could read my fortune?”

Sakura hit him.

“Now, I want some answers. How did you get here?”

Shikamaru answered, “That jutsu is forbidden. It rips a hole between our two worlds. They probably used it to gain an advantage over us. Which they did. If it wasn’t for you, we’d probably be dead.”

“Glad I could help, really. But can you get back? You can’t exactly stay here forever.”

“I can perform it, but I’ll need to rest first,” Shikamaru informed me.

“You’re welcome to spend the night.” He nodded.

“Hey, lady, you gonna give me a fortune or what?” Naruto said loudly in my ear.

Sakura hit him again. I vein popped, “No, and my name isn’t ‘lady’”

“Then what is it?”

“Kait Saiya.”

“Weird name.”

This time, I hit him upside the head.

Thanks for reading chapter one. Remember, we writers live on reviews, so do some. Seriously.