Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kekkei Genkai Aura Manipulation ❯ Running ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Don’t own Naruto.

Recap:
Kait Saiya was living a normal life. Well, she’s not normal. She can read minds and emotions, as well as kill someone with their own auras! One day she is thrown into the world of Naruto and may not be able to get out.


Chapter 2. Running

When I woke the next morning, everyone but Neji, Kiba, and Shikamaru were asleep. They were sitting at the kitchen table talking. Of course, they stopped when I walked in.

“Are you guys hungry? I can cook something.”

“That’d be nice,” Kiba smiled.

So I started making French toast.

“We’ll be leaving afterwards,” Neji told me.

“That’s good. Have a safe trip.”

“I don’t think you understand. You’re coming with us,” Shikamaru said.

“Huh? I don’t think so.”

“Well I do.”

“You can’t make me. I’ll fight you.”

“Troublesome. I saw the toll using that power of yours took on you. Killing one person almost exhausted you. Do you really think you could take us all on?”

He had a point.

“Besides, those ninja know what you can do. They’ll probably come after you.”

Another good point.

“No,” I said again, and put the food on the table. By now, everyone was awake and they joined us to eat.

As I started cleaning, my door was kicked in. More ninja. We fought for about an hour, and ended up winning. I was exhausted. I hadn’t fully recovered from last night and next I knew, I was being carried outside by Kiba as my home went up in fire. I remember fighting to get back in but that’s it. I think Neji knocked me out because everything went black.
***
I woke up in Konaha hospital. Everything hurt. I could hear the people in my room, but didn’t really listen to them. My head protested as I sat up. I ignored it as I tossed my blankets off and flashed more leg than I meant to. I was in a hospital gown. Kiba, Naruto, and even Neji flushed red and looked away awkwardly. Then I felt hands push me back to the bed. I looked up at Tsunade.

“You need to rest,” she said.

“I need to go home,” I replied.

“You can’t. Your house burned down.”

I sunk back on the bed, “Ugh…all my stuff.”

“We were able to get this,” Kiba handed me a duffle bag.

There were a bunch of clothes and in one pocket of a sweater were my cigarettes. Thank God! I grabbed it and found a lighter in the same sweater. I began to lite it.

“Uh…You can’t smoke in here..” Kiba said.

“Hell I can’t.” I got up again. This time my head allowed it. “I’ll go outside.”

Tsunade nodded and told the boys to take me up to the roof. I sat down on the ground. Akamaru laid down next to me, so I decided to pet him. He rested his head on my lap as I smoked. Kiba laughed.

“What?” I asked him.

“He likes you.”

I smiled, “Well, Akamaru, I like you too!” He yawned in reply.

Shikamaru came up and leaned against a wall with his hands in his pocket, “You seem calm.”

“Huh? I wouldn’t I be?” I asked.

“What?” Naruto exclaimed loudly. It echoed in my head. “ ’cuz your house burned down, ninja are after you, and you’re in a strange place, maybe?”

“Oh yeah,” I inhaled more of my smoke.

“Any normal person would not be calm.”

I shrugged, “Guess I’m not normal.”

“Yeah, you’re not!” Naruto yelled, then fell back. I had thrown a rock and it hit him in the head.

Kiba laughed.

“So, in the hospital room, what were you talking about?” I asked.

They looked surprised. “Uh…your family,” Kiba said.

“Family? What about them?”

“How they’d freak when they saw you were missing.”

“Huh. They would, if I had any.”

Kiba shifted uncomfortably.

“They’re dead.”

“Sorry,” Naruto said sitting up rubbing his head. “How’d it happen?”

“Naruto!” Kiba scolded.

“It’s okay,” I said. “The powers I have were inherited by my parents. My father was used by the German Mafia. When he tried to leave, they tried to kill us. I had three younger siblings. The two youngest were murdered along with my parents. My twin sister and I lived. We were separated so the mafia couldn’t find us. She was sent to Japan, and I went to America. I haven’t seen her since.”

“At least she’s alive, right?” Naruto tried to cheer me up.

“She could be dead.”

“You said German Mafia, right?” Neji asked, eager for a subject change. “That means you’re German?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Your Japanese is perfect.”

“Dad was German, Mom was Japanese. I speak both languages fluently.”

“Impressive,” Shikamaru said.

“So we never got to introduce ourselves properly. I’m…”

“Inuzuka Kiba. You’re Hyuuga Neji and you’re Nara Shikamaru.”

“Woah.”

I was done with the smoke and now we were sitting in an awkward silence. “Alright, let’s go back in so I can put some clothes on.” When we got back to my room, Sakura, Tenten, Shizune, and Tsunade were all there.

Tenten bowed, “Thank you for helping me the other day. I’m…”

“Tenten, I know.”

“How…?”

“Yeah, she does that. Creepy, huh?” Naruto said. Sakura hit him in the head.

Tsunade and Shizune stood next.

I bowed to them, “Arigato. I am thankful, but I wish to go home.”

“I can’t let you,” Tsunade said. “You’ve become a target.”

“I know.”

“Do you know why else?”

“Yes. I’m useful. My powers would be a great asset and weapon. They would also be a nuisance if I were to side with your enemies.”

“You are sharp. You understand that I wont be able to let you be here without an escort at all times?”

“Yes,” I sighed.

She started to tell me about my living arrangements, but I wasn’t listening. I grabbed some jeans and put them on. I took a tank top out next. I had a bra on so I turned my back to the boys in the doorway and stripped off the hospital gown. I heard some gasps as I pulled the tank over my head.

“Since I’m not sure how well you can protect yourself, I’ll be assigning a Jonin to guard you,” Tsunade continued.

“Not sure if I can protect myself?” I said with my back still turned. “Let me show you.” I lashed out with my aura. I used enough power to knock them all out. “I’m sorry, but I need to go home.” I stepped over everybody and ran out shoe-less.
***
Back at the hospital, Kakashi entered, “Tsunade-sama, are you all right?”

Tsunade sat up and rubbed her head, “I’m fine. She’s strong. Go after her.”

“Understood,” he disappeared.

Thanks for reading! Remember people, I love reviews! Reviews are great. They are your friends.