Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Key Through the Heart ❯ Chuunin Exam Prelims, Part 2 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
llIVoice of Destiny/Inner Sakura

“Normal Talking”

Thoughts/Sound Effects

“Flashback dialogue/Japanese/Emphasis of words”

“Demon speak”
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Key Through the Heart

A fanfiction by Andrew J. Talon

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, Kingdom Hearts, or any of the characters or properties mentioned in this story. The story’s mine, the concept is mine, but everything else is not mine. And I’m certainly not writing this for profit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Donald,

Sorry to rush off without sayin' goodbye, but there's big trouble brewin'. More and more stars have been blinkin' out, one by one. And that means disaster can't be far behind. I hate to leave you all but I've gotta go check into it. There's someone with a "key"-- the key to our survival, like mine. So I need you and Goofy to find him, and stick with him. Got it? We need that key or we're doomed! So go to Traverse Town and find Leon. He'll point you in the right direction.

P.S.
Would ya apologize to Minnie for me? Thanks pal
,” Minnie finished reading, a frown on her face. She sighed and shook her head, turning and pacing a few steps to face one of the vast bookshelves in the castle library.

Behind her, Donald and Goofy stood at attention, a few animated brooms sweeping and cleaning behind them.

“Ohhh… I knew he was going to leave,” Minnie sighed. “He was always stubborn, insistent on going his own way… And with the stars winking out and all this unusual activity…”

Goofy frowned.

“Your Majesty, don’ worry. We’ll find ‘im, and bring ‘im back, I promise!”

“Yeah! I’m sure if we find this ‘key’, whoever it is, we’ll find the King!” Donald added.
Minnie sighed again, turning back.

“I know you will… But you have to remember that, well… Finding Mickey is not your primary mission.”

Daisy frowned, hands held in front of her.

“Your Majesty? What do you mean?” The female duck asked. Minnie smiled, a bit sadly.
“I mean that, while you two may find the King on your journeys, your first priority is to find this key as he wants.”

“But, your Majesty-!” Began Donald in protest, but was silence by a look from Daisy. The duck gulped and smiled nervously.

“Ehhh… I mean…”

“He means,” Goofy cut in, “that we’ll do both! Find the King, and this key he was talkin’ about!” The knight smiled reassuringly, and Donald nodded, standing a bit straighter.

Minnie smiled and nodded as well.

“Excellent! But, before you set out, I’m going to send someone with you,” the mouse queen said. She turned to her desk. “Jiminy?”

A small, grey-green cricket, with shiny spats, elegant top-hat, and neat suit appeared, hopping out from the various documents and books on the desk. He stood at attention.

“Yes Queen Minnie?”

“I’d like you to accompany Donald and Goofy, and act as their chronicler,” Minnie explained. “Record their adventures and keep them on track.”

The cricket smiled and bowed, one hand taking his top hat off his head.

“It’ll be an honor, your Majesty!” Jiminy put his hat back on and leapt off the desk, hopping up to Donald and landing on his shoulder. The duck mage smiled a bit, before turning back to the queen.

“Don’t worry about a thing, Your Majesty! We’ll be back before you know it!”

“Now Donald,” Daisy spoke, “you will be careful out there, right?”

The duck grinned back at his girlfriend.

“When am I not?”

A stern look on Daisy’s face made Donald chuckle nervously.

“Um, I mean, of course I’ll be careful!”

“Then it’s settled,” Minnie said, satisfied. “You leave immediately.”

“Uh, Queen Minnie?” Goofy asked. Minnie turned to the captain of their knights and smiled.

“Yes Goofy?”

“Um, hate to ask a favor and all, but could you keep an eye on Maxie for me?” Goofy inquired, looking more serious than he usually did. “He’s just started his trainin’ and all, and well…”

“Don’t worry, Goofy,” Minnie reassured him. “He’ll be just fine!”

Goofy nodded at this and smiled, before standing at attention and saluting.

“Thanks, Your Majesty!”

“Now then, shall we go to the hanger now?” Minnie asked. “Everyone ready?”
Nods all around, the troupe headed out of the library and towards the Gummi ship hanger.
Now, this was only the castle’s hanger. The Disney fleet had several more for even larger ships that made up the world’s exploration and defensive forces. But, what it lacked in size, it made up for in the quality of its engineering crew.

“Darn it Dale, that compression block is NOT supposed to go there!” Shouted a high pitched voice. A slightly scratchier voice answered him.

“Yeah? Well what’s with that weapons loadout?! You trying to make it a sitting duck for every Heartless ship out there?”

“Hey!” Daisy and Donald shouted, eyes narrowed. The control tower near the top of the hanger had two chipmunks poke their heads out.

“Er, sorry ‘bout that!” The chipmunk with a small black nose called out. He glared at his companion. “A certain someone wanted to be more of an idiot than he usually is!”

The chipmunk with a red nose and pronounced buck teeth scowled back.

“Well, if a certain chipmunk who has a really stupid name to match his stupid brain weren’t such a jerk-!”

“Guys, guys!” Shouted a third voice, this time female. It belonged to a pale-furred mouse in blue coveralls with long blonde hair held out of her eyes by goggles. She scowled at the two chipmunks, who looked at their feet.

“Sorry Gadget,” they said in unison. The mouse sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Besides, the compression block actually goes there,” Gadget pointed out on a computer screen in the control room. “And the weapons load out doesn’t matter with this power output. Oops, my mistake, the power output is too high. Maybe if I adjusted the particle flow…”

“Hey!” Donald shouted irritably. Gadget and the chipmunks looked back.

“Oh, sorry about that, did you need something?” Gadget asked cheerfully. Donald turned and raised a feathery eyebrow at the queen, who smiled good-naturedly.

“Just a ship. Kingdom-class, long-range reconnaissance loadout,” the queen ordered.

“Long duration mission huh?” Asked Dale, as Chip worked with Gadget at the control console. On the screen before the two rodent engineers a red and yellow spaceship took shape.

“We don’t know how long it might last,” Minnie said honestly. Donald and Goofy exchanged looks. Chip and Dale looked at eachother and frowned.

“Meaning you’ll need two engineers for this,” Chip surmised. “Hmmm…”

Dale grinned and raised a hand excitedly.

“I’ll go! Me! I’m great for long-term missions!”

“Don’t you have a date with Foxglove this Friday?” Chip asked, exasperated at his friend’s lack of organization. Dale slapped his forehead and groaned.

“Oh yeah… Oops,” the red-nosed chipmunk chuckled. “Well, guess it’ll be you and Gadget for this one then! Try to stay focused on the job, huh?” Dale grinned with a wink, making both mouse and chipmunk blush.

“HEY! ENOUGH ALREADY!” Donald shouted.

“Considering how you could get when we were first dating Donald, I don’t think you should be talking,” Daisy pointed out with a smirk. The mage duck flushed a bit under his feathers, finally folding his arms over his chest and scowling.

Finally, the Gummi ship was assembled to specifications, and was soon brought out, carried by huge robotic arms with white gloves covering their mechanical hands. Donald and Goofy jumped into the open cockpit, soon followed by Pluto.

“Your Majesty? Are you sure we should bring him along?” Donald asked, grimacing a bit as the yellow dog happily licked his cheek. Goofy grinned a bit as Minnie and Daisy laughed.

“Of course! He’ll lead you to the King all the more quickly!” The queen declared.

“If he doesn’t lick me to death first,” Donald grumbled. Below, Gadget and Chip had entered the relatively small engine room of the Gummi ship, quickly and efficiently running through the preflight checklist.

“Power block, stable,” Chip called out, strapping himself in.

“Shields online, Interspace drive powering up,” Gadget added from the seat next to his.

Goofy closed the cockpit canopy, as he and Donald sat in their own seats and strapped in. Donald turned on the navigation console and grabbed the joysticks of the vessel, checking over the readings he was being fed from the ships’ computers.

Minnie and Daisy waved goodbye, as did Dale from the control room above, which the crew of the Gummi ship returned, as a pair of robotic arms picked the ship up and moved it to the runway.

“Bay doors open!” Dale shouted through the communications system, making Chip and Gadget wince.

“Dale, turn your volume down!” Chip ordered angrily.

“Turn what down?” Dale asked. Chip rolled his eyes.

“I said, turn your volume down!”

Dale scratched his head, translating through the feedback as best he could. He thought they’d want to leave the castle via the runway, but if they wanted to go down…

“Um, sure Chip! No problem! Good luck!”

“Good luck!” Called out Minnie and Daisy. Donald gave them a confident smile as he gripped the controls, Goofy saluting and Pluto just howling, as the main engines powered up and the runway lights came on…

Just in time for a large hatch to open underneath the ship, and the robotic arms holding it to let go.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!” Donald screamed.

“YAAAAAWAAAAHOOOOOIEEEE!” Goofy yelped.

“DALE, YOU IDDDIIIIOTTTTTT!” Chip and Gadget shouted, as the Gummi ship fell. Queen and lady in waiting turned and looked up at Dale, who scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

“Er, I thought he said he wanted to go down, eh heh…”

“Oh well,” Queen Minnie sighed. “They’re on their way… For better or worse…”

“We’re so doomed,” Daisy mumbled.

- - - - - - - - - -

Back in Konoha, within the tower, Haruno Sakura faced off against her current rival, and former best friend, Yamanaka Ino. The two kunoichi stared at eachother, eyes narrowed, tension so thick it felt like the very air was boiling between them.

Naruto bit his lower lip, his grip on the Keyblade tightening.

“This is so troublesome,” Shikamaru muttered. “They’d start a war over that asshole.”

“That asshole’s my friend, though I have to agree with you,” Naruto mumbled next to him. Shikamaru frowned.

“Friend? Are you high on something?”

“Look, it’s not like we’re best buds or anything, but… We do understand eachother.” At Shikamaru’s incredulous look Naruto shrugged.

“It’s… Complicated.”

“Uchiha Sasuke. The most arrogant bastard in this village. And you consider him, your friend?”

“You know, you’re really making this more troublesome than it should be,” Naruto smirked. Shikamaru rolled his eyes and set his eyes back on the match.

“Just let me know when you’re no longer completely insane,” the Nara grumbled.

“I’m not complete yet,” Naruto snickered.

“Are they going to fight, or just stand there?” Kiba growled. “C’MON! LETS SEE SOME TORN CLOTHES ALREADY!”

“PERVERT!” Screamed both Ino and Sakura. The killing intent from the two females made Kiba cringe… As did the punch to his head from an irritated Kurenai.

“OW! Sensei!”

Kurenai hmphed, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Your mother would do much worse if she learned about this,” the genjutsu mistress warned, making Kiba pale.

“Look Ino, I just want to make sure you know that this is not going to be over Sasuke,” Sakura said at last, confident smirk appearing on her face. Ino sighed, shaking her head with a disgusted expression.

“Is that it? Is that your whole reason for all of this?”

Sakura gaped, taken aback.

“W-What? What are you talking about, Ino-Pig?” Sakura’s gloved fists tightened. Ino smirked and shook her head.

“You never really grew up, did you Forehead? You were always in that fantasy world, thinking that if you were with Sasuke-kun, then everything would work out. Isn’t that what you believed?” Ino couldn’t help her nostalgia-She saw that same lost look again in Sakura’s eyes, that same self-doubt. It was so familiar.

It hurt to know this time she was responsible for it. But this… Ino knew she had to do it. Ever since she’d heard what happened in the Forest of Death, seen what had happened to Team 7.

This is for your own good Fore-Sakura…

“I’m-“ Sakura began, but Ino cut her off.

“You are not a ninja, Sakura. You are a little girl playing a very dangerous game, and if you do not stop it right now, you are going to get yourself and the rest of your team killed. So you just need to give up and go home,” Ino said, as calmly as she could manage. She could see Sakura’s face blossoming red in anger.

“I am not a little girl!”

“You don’t get it! As much as I hate to say it, Sasuke is not worth it!” Ino shouted. Sakura snarled, hand going to her pouch. She let loose with three kunai, which Ino deflected with her steel-enforced staff. The blonde snarled.

“Fine, we’ll do this the hard way!” Ino charged for Sakura, who used a Bunshin jutsu to create several decoys. Ino swung her staff through several of the illusions and then ducked to avoid a punch from the real one, kicking out to knock the pink-haired girl off her feet. Sakura dodged into a forward roll, a kunai out as she sprang back to her feet and spun around to slam the knife into her opponent’s side. Ino blocked this as well, twirling her staff around for Sakura’s head.

Sakura side-stepped, grabbing the staff to guide the momentum and trip Ino. But she drew her hand back with a cry of pain as she felt an electric shock, which was just long enough for Ino to slam the staff into her gut.

“Oof!”

Sakura fell back, but Ino wasn’t done yet. She held her staff up, eyes glowing very slightly.

“THUNDER!”

Lightening crackled from Ino’s staff, blasting into Sakura and sending her flying. Naruto gaped above.

“SAKURA-CHAN!”

“Ugh,” the pink-haired girl groaned, pushing herself to her feet. Ino smirked just a little.

“So… Ready to give up?”

Give up… Give up…

“Sakura-chan, don’t give up! Don’t listen to her! I know you can do it! You can beat her!” Naruto shouted, leaning over the railing. Sakura took a shaky breath, and looked up. She gave Ino a feral smile.

“Not… Even… Close!”

Sakura leapt forward with surprising speed, getting inside Ino’s guard and slamming a palm into her chest. Ino fell back in shock, but recovered, a kick sent to Sakura’s stomach in retaliation. Sakura stepped back, twisting to her left to deliver a fist to Ino’s jaw. Ino took the hit, but was smirking as she did. The reason became obvious.

Thunder,” she murmured, jaw unbroken by her instinctive relaxation against the impact. Her staff issued another blast, sending Sakura off her feet and falling back once more, ending up on her backside. The pink haired-girl was breathing hard, hair falling over her eyes.

“You just don’t get it, do you Sakura? If I was an enemy, you’d already. Be. Dead,” Ino snarled. “Give up!”

“Shut up Ino!” Naruto shouted. “C’mon Sakura-chan, you can do it! Get back up! You can do it! Don’t give up! You can’t give up!” The blond gritted his teeth, his Keyblade gleaming in the light. Ino glared at him, and he glared back. As they did, Naruto felt… Odd. He felt, he saw, as though someone’s senses were superimposed over his own.

Sunlight… A ribbon… Two girls…

Fear for someone, almost paralyzing…

“Give up, give up before I lose you…!”

Ino blinked, shaking her head. What was that…? I saw… A fox… A little boy…

“YAH!”

Ino grimaced, blocking Sakura’s combo. Her kicks were stonger, her punches faster, and the light in her eyes…

Ino kneeled under a high-kick and knocked Sakura off her feet again, focusing and swinging her staff around to slam her into the floor. Sakura gasped as Ino held the staff against her throat, pale blue eyes meeting vivid green.

“Give. Up,” Ino snarled. “Give up right now damnit!”

“FUCK YOU!” Sakura screamed, legs bending up and slamming her knees into Ino’s back. Ino grunted as Sakura shoved her staff back, finally chambering one leg and kicking her off the pink-haired girl.

Sakura recovered and leapt back up, charging Ino while making three more bunshins to run interference. Ino attacked the wrong one and the real Sakura leapt up, diving and tackling her blond opponent to the floor. Ino swung her staff, at Sakura, which she avoided by somersaulting forward, back on her feet as soon as her opponent was. A staff swing was blocked by Sakura as she dropped, kicking at Ino’s stomach.

The blonde fell back and struck again with a hammer blow from her staff, which Sakura blocked again. But it was intentional-Ino moved forward within Sakura’s guard and slammed her fist into her face, sending her stumbling back. Sakura retaliated with a jump-kick, Ino barely bracing her against her staff as it slammed into her chest. The pink-haired kunoichi dropped down and back-handed Ino, an audible smack! Filling the arena. Ino went down, tumbling on her side.

“FIRE!” The blonde girl shouted in anger, unleashing a deadly flame blast at her opponent. Sakura leaped out of the way, throwing three more kunai. As she stood back up, Ino directed more chakra into her staff and spun it, unconsciously emulating Naruto with his Keyblade to deflect the knives. This chakra she reshaped into another thunder spell and let it loose, wide-angle. Sakura was hit again, but managed to stay standing.

Damnit, at this rate…The pink-haired girl refused to finish that thought.

But who knew Ino-Pig had gotten so strong? Her inner self wondered. Sakura gritted her teeth.

She’s not the only one… I am not weak…I’m not giving up!

Ino breathed hard, eyes narrowed.

I could take her out in one shot… But then I’d have to… I’m not doing that. There’s got to be… That’s it!

“You’re nearly out of chakra, Sakura. Last chance to give up,” Ino warned her. Sakura wheezed, but stood firm.

“What… Part of ‘fuck you’… don’t you understand? All that… Pretty hair, messing with your hearing?” Sakura growled. Ino scowled, shoving her staff into it’s satchel behind her back. She drew a kunai in one hand, and her long, shining brain in the other. Sakura could only gape as Ino slashed her hair off, and threw it to the ground.

“… Wha… What the hell was that?” Sakura demanded. Ino smirked and quickly made several hand seals.

“A distraction. Shintenshin no Jutsu!”

Sakura’s world went dark, a black void stretching as far as she could see in all directions. She was frozen, unable to move, hear, or feel anything. Just an overwhelming chill.

“What… What’s going on?”

Beats me, her inner-self said.

The silence was deafening… Except for a small, distant-sounding voice. It was her own.

“I give up,” she said. Sakura’s eyes widened.

What the…?

“NO! NO I DON’T! STOP! I’M NOT GOING TO GIVE UP!”

YOU FUCKING BITCH, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ME?

“-ura-chan-!”

Sakura blinked, looking around.

“Naruto?”

“Sakura-chan! SAKURA-CHAN!”

- - - - - - - -

Naruto watched Ino fall to the ground as she completed her jutsu, and Sakura stiffen, as though struck by another lightening bolt.

“What the hell is she doing? Sakura-chan!” Naruto turned to Kakashi. “The hell kind of technique is that?”

“One of the Yamanaka family jutsus,” Shikamaru said flatly. Naruto turned to his friend and frowned.

“Huh? What the…?”

“It’s a mind manipulation jutsu,” Kakashi stated. “It lets the user take over their opponent’s body.”

“I surrender,” Sakura said dully, turning to the proctor. Naruto gaped.

“WHAT?! Sakura-chan! What the hell are you doing?!”

“It’s over,” ‘Sakura’ said, turning to Naruto with a glare. She pulled off her headband and dropped it on the hard stone floor. The blond couldn’t help it and glared right back.

“SAKURA-CHAN, FIGHT IT! DON’T GIVE UP DAMNIT!”

“Will you stop it?!” Ino screamed through Sakura. “She’s weak, she’s useless! She is going to get you and her dumb ass killed!”

“No, she won’t!” Naruto bellowed back. “She doesn’t look like it, she doesn’t act like it sometimes, but Sakura-chan’s a lot stronger than you think she is! She just needs to prove it!”

“She’ll never change! She’s still the same weak little girl!” Ino shouted.

“NO SHE ISN’T! SHE CAN CHANGE! DAMNIT SAKURA, SNAP OUT OF IT!”

“Um, is this a surrender or not?” Hayate asked.

“I, Haruno Sakura-“ Ino began, but was interrupted.
“DON’T STOP THE MATCH! Damnit Sakura-chan, FIGHT IT! Prove that you’re not weak! That you can change!”

Hinata couldn’t help but watch and listen, and felt her heart skip a beat.

Naruto-kun… He believes that… That people can change?

- - - - - - - - -

Within Sakura’s mind, she felt something grow, a warmth that spread from her chest, becoming stronger as Naruto’s shouts became louder.

“I… I am not weak… I am not weak… I AM NOT WEAK!”

HELL YEAH WE’RE NOT! Inner Sakura chimed in. C’mon Sakura, let’s show this bitch what we can do!

She’s going DOWN!

With a rush every sense returned to her. Vision, hearing, pain…

“I am NOT giving UP!” Sakura roared, as her aura flared into being around her. As though she was being consumed by blue flames it grew, wind gushing out from where she stood.

The Third Hokage stared in disbelief, as did nearly everyone else in the arena.

“Hokage-sama, what kind of power is that?” Asked one of his ANBU. “It’s such violent chakra…”

No, the Hokage thought, not chakra…

It could pass as chakra, but Sarutobi knew what this was…

So, the girl has access to Maleficent’s type of power? Kabuto mused, a small smile on his face. Interesting… Seems there’s more to you than I thought, Sakura-san…

Ino, her technique dispelled, got to her feet and gaped in disbelief.

“You… You have another you inside you…? And that power? What the hell are you?!”

“Che,” Sakura sneered, “every girl needs a hard center if they’re going to survive in this world!”

But this power… That, I have no idea where it came from, She thought. Inner-Me, what is this? Not that I’m complaining but…

Don’t ask me! I just found this deep inside us! Some kind of source. I’d have never found it if Naruto didn’t yell at us…

Guess the idiot did something right for once…

Try ‘for the most recent time’
, Inner-Sakura stated. Sakura scowled.

Fine, fine… Later, Sakura dismissed her inner self, holding up a hand and watching the power flare around her.

“In my heart,” she began, eyes narrowed at Ino, stooping to pick it up and tie it back around her brow, where it belonged, “and in this headband...I will live on as my own person!”

She flew forward, using her chakra control to focus this power… Whatever it was… Into her fist for a final charge.

“I am NOT Sakura the fangirl! I am Sakura the KUNOICHI!”

“THEN PROVE IT!” Ino roared, staff raised as she ran to meet Sakura’s charge, lightening crackling from the weapon. They met, Ino’s staff crashing onto Sakura’s head while Sakura’s fist met Ino’s face. The forces they wielded came in contact with eachother and reacted into a violent explosion, obscuring the arena floor with a flash of light and cloud of smoke and debris.

“Holy shit Kakashi, what have you been teaching that girl?!” Asuma bellowed.

“Me? I’m not the one with a girl throwing lightening and fire around like they were toys!” Kakashi returned.

When the dust settled, both girls were sprawled, unconscious on the arena floor. Naruto moved to check on them, but Kakashi put a hand out to stop him. He grimaced.

“Kakashi-sensei-!”

“Wait,R 21; Kakashi spoke, and Naruto complied, though grudgingly. The medic ninja and Hayate moved out, checking on both ragged-looking girls. The proctor finally rose and, after a cough, spoke to the arena.

“Both fighters are unconscious… A double-knockout. Both fighters are eliminated!”

“Woah! Wasn’t expecting that outcome,” Naruto commented.

“And no torn clothes… Lamest cat fight ever,” Kiba muttered. He cringed at his teacher’s flash of killing intent.

Naruto smiled as the medic nins, after checking the two girls over thoroughly, brought Sakura and Ino back to the observation deck. They were set side by side, leaning upright against the wall, and Naruto crouched down, waiting for one to wake up.

Ino cracked her eyes open slightly, and blinked. He blinked back at her.

“Who…?” She began. Naruto shrugged.

“Tie. Double-knockout.”

“Technical term’s a cross-counter,” Kakashi observed dryly as he passed them by, sparing an eye smile to the still-out Sakura.

You’ve grown a lot, Sakura… Naruto’s not the only one full of surprises…

“You… Were right…” Ino mumbled, attention back on Naruto. He smiled a bit.

“We both were… Doing things for the right reasons, I think,” he said back. Ino blinked again.

“Staff?”

Naruto grimaced.

“You broke it,” Naruto sighed. Ino groaned.

“Fuck… Stupid invincible forehead…”

“It did cause an explosion though,” Naruto added with a foxy grin. “That was cool.”

Ino rolled her eyes but smiled all the same. Her eyes widened a little as Sakura slumped onto her shoulder, slowly waking up.

“Guh…? What happened?” She mumbled. Unconsciously she pushed her face against Ino’s shoulder a bit more. Naruto couldn’t help but laugh at how cute it was, and how red the blonde’s face turned.

“Hey, Forehead,” Ino spoke, but without any of her previous anger. Sakura blinked and looked up at Ino, then at the laughing Naruto. She pushed herself back quickly, eyes wide and cheeks burning in embarrassment.

“What the-? Did I-?”

Che… I can’t believe I tied, with you of all people!” Ino said in a stern voice, turning up her nose. She winked at Naruto which made it difficult for him to reign in his laughter, but he tried. Sakura frowned, eyes downcast once more… Before feeling her hand being squeezed comfortingly. It’s so familiar…

She looked up to see a gently-smiling Ino.

“I was wrong… You have grown up,” her blonde, former best friend said quietly. “You’ve blossomed into a lovely flower…”

Sakura smiled back, almost shyly. As Ino withdrew her hand, Sakura looked down and blinked. My… Her old ribbon!

“I hope… You’ll accept it back?” Ino asked, a hint of vulnerability appearing in her usually confident eyes. Sakura smiled, and clutched the pink scrap of fabric tightly.

“I’d… I’d like that…”

Sakura suddenly became aware of Naruto watching them. She snarled.

“NARUTO! Go away! This is for girls only!”

“Oh? I can become a girl you know, will you let me stay then?” Naruto asked with a grin.

WHACK!

“YEOW!”

“PERVERT!” Shouted both girls as Naruto beat a hasty retreat, though both were smiling as they watched him seek sanctuary with Team Gai at the far end of the catwalk.

“You know, he’s not really all that bad,” Ino commented. Sakura smirked.

“Oh ho? Giving up on Sasuke for the dead last then?”

Ino looked thoughtful and serious, which just made Sakura stare, then laugh nervously.

“I mean, c’mon, there’s no way you could give up on Sasuke-kun for Naruto! Right? Right? I mean, what could you see in him?”

Actually-!

SHUT UP YOU!

Ino just turned back to Sakura and smiled serenely. Sakura growled.

“What the hell is that smile for?! Ino-Pig, damnit, say something! This isn’t funny!”

“Oh yes it is,” Ino giggled. “You’re so cute when you’re worked up, Forehead.”

“SHUT UP INO-PIG!”

- - - - - - - - -

The girl’s argument continued all throughout Shikamaru’s match, which he was secretly grateful for. It distracted his opponent, the mummy-like Dosu, long enough for him to get a shadow bind on him and make the Sound ninja slam his head against the wall.

“Well, those two came in handy, for once,” Shikamaru muttered, walking back up to the catwalk as the proctor declared him the victor.

“Wow Shikamaru, you took that guy out fast!” Naruto complimented. The Nara shrugged.

“Dragging it out would be-“

“Troublesome, I know. Why do you say that all the time anyway?”

“Because it’s accurate,” Shikamaru replied. “And I wouldn’t be talking about catchphrases if I were you.”

“Huh? What do you mean?” Naruto asked, confused. Shikamaru just rolled his eyes.

“Nevermind… Look, you’re up next.”

Naruto turned and eyed the display board. He frowned, and looked over at his opponent.

Kabuto simply smiled benignly back, and dropped to the arena floor. Naruto mentally shrugged and followed, Keyblade already out.

“Allright, my turn finally! This is going to kick ass!”

Kabuto smirked just a little as the proctor came between himself and Naruto. A casual glance out of the corner of his eyes confirmed that Orochimaru (disguised as an Otogakure jounin) was watching intently. All the better…

“Ready, begin!” Hayate spoke, stepping clear. Naruto assumed a fighting stance, Keyblade extended. Kabuto merely stayed still.

“Naruto-kun, before we begin, if I could ask you a question?” He began innocently enough. Naruto frowned and nodded.

“Um, sure?”

“Where exactly did you get that keyblade again?” Kabuto poised, head tilting ever so slightly. Naruto blinked and shrugged, still smiling.

“Family heirloom. It was the last thing they left me… The only thing, actually,” he lied. Kabuto nodded thoughtfully.

“It's interesting... I seem to remember reading something about that,” Kabuto mused, seemingly half to himself, half to the blond genin before him. Above, Kakashi frowned, as did the Hokage from his box seat.

“What? What did you read?” Asked Naruto curiously. Kabuto’s mental smirk grew.

“Some kind of ancient weapon shaped like a giant key... it was said to give whoever held it great power. Virtually limitless, apparently,” the glasses-wearing boy went on. Naruto became somewhat agitated.

“Limitless power, huh?”

“Yes,” Kabuto confirmed with a nod, “Although...” He trailed off. Naruto frowned.

“Although?” He prompted.

“… After that, the rest becomes fragmented,” Kabuto completed his thought.

“Fragmented? What do you mean?” Naruto inquired. Sure, he’d heard the basic legend from the Hokage, but Kabuto seemed… More knowledgeable, somehow. He knew about fake Keyblade, after all.

“Well... the reports were written a number of years ago, and only small words and phrases survive,” Kabuto went on. “...Master of Keyblade... Chasers... Keyblade War... Birth by Sleep...”

He paused, just long enough to catch Naruto’s gaze, and peek a hint of anxiety under the surface of his deep blue eyes.

“And then it goes on to say that this ‘Keyblade Master,’ went on to become a hero, a savior, who halted some kind of great calamity,” Kabuto delivered. He then smirked ever so slightly.

“But…”

The short silences between his sentences were clearly agitating the Keybearer, just as Kabuto had hoped. And the tension and confusion growing around them wasn’t bad either.

“...In the very same fragment... It says that the Keyblade itself was the instrument by which the world was destroyed.” Kabuto looked at Naruto with professional curiosity, but just the right hint of suspicion to direct the spotlight of attention on him.

“I just wonder, which legend is true,” he said quietly, “Do you have any idea?”

Naruto felt an intense feeling of deja-vu. He felt put upon the spot, something telling him that every eye in the arena was focused on him in curiosity, and some in suspicion. He felt a bead of sweat drip down his forehead, yet he wasn’t sure why he was so tense, why the Keyblade was urging him to attack.

“I mean, since you have that giant key and all, an heirloom of your family... I thought you might know something about it.”

“I’m afraid I don’t know,” Naruto got out in an even voice. “I’m not one for legends…”

He then grinned.

“Because I intend to be one of my own!”

Kabuto shrugged, drawing one of his ninja-info cards.

“Funny that... I have this card on your father... rather a great warrior... it mentions nothing about any key...”

Naruto’s eyes widened.

“You… My father? You… You know who he is? How?”

“Proctor, please direct the fighters to begin,” the Hokage’s aged but strong voice called out. Kabuto glanced at the Hokage, before looking back at Naruto, brows raised.

“It looks like they don't want you to know...” Kabuto suggested, inwardly grinning at the signs of betrayal already in Naruto’s eyes.

“Naruto, quit blabbing and start fighting already!” Sakura shouted.

“C’mon Naruto!” Tenten added.

“Funny that... what reason would they have to keep you down?” Kabuto asked, small smile on his face. Naruto growled.

“They’re not keeping me down! They just can’t tell me until I’m a certain age! They promised! And anyways, how the hell do you know about my father?”

“I think they made a promise to your father as well...” Kabuto calmly returned, and Naruto snarled, ready to use his favorite jutsu against this bastard.

“Yakushi Kabuto! Say one more word and I will have you arrested for violating a Hokage’s standing orders!” Sarutobi shouted, the ANBU around him tensing, ready to attack at a single word. Kabuto merely closed his eyes and smiled.

“Yes. And that would be a messy court case, wouldn't it? All the evidence that would need to be admitted... and made public record…” The Hokage bristled, as did every Leaf jounin and ANBU there.

“Kabuto, either shut the hell up and fight, or I’m kicking your ass!” Naruto shouted.

“Fine,” Kabuto quipped, “I quit.”
”The hell?” Naruto growled. Kabuto gave him that same eerie smile, even as the white-haired boy felt Orochimaru’s killing intent being directed at him.

“I know enough when to fight and when not to. After all... There's more important things than violence,” he spoke, glancing at the furious-looking Orochimaru. He turned to go, but looked over his shoulder at the seething Naruto.

“Good luck kid… You’re going to need it…” He tossed back ominously.

“Winner, Uzumaki Naruto!” Hayate declared, shrugging apologetically at the blond genin, who turned and stormed back to the catwalk.

“Heh, figures he’d need his opponent to surrender to actually win!” Kiba barked in laughter, Akamaru yipping alongside. Hinata clutched her hands together, feeling anguished at the humiliation her crush had suffered.

Naruto-kun… That… That bastard! How dare he taunt you like that!

Hinata slapped her hands over her mouth, even though she’d only cursed in her mind.

Naruto got back up to the observation level, trudging back down towards Sakura and Kakashi. Between him and there were Team 8, and a still-laughing Kiba.

“Oh man, that was impressive!” Kiba howled. “You sure showed him, Deadlast! I wouldn’t be surprised if-!”

“Inuzuka Kiba, Hyuuga Neji, please come down for your match!” The proctor announced. Kiba grinned.

“Allright Akamaru! Let’s go and-GAH!” Kiba fell off the catwalk and crash landed on the hard stone of the arena floor. Akamaru landed on top of him with a yip, looking back up in concern.

Naruto, Shino, and Kurenai were meanwhile gawking in sheer disbelief at the blushing Hinata. Well, Shino’s eyebrows just went up a whole lot, but for the stoic Aburame this may as well have been a scream.

“U-Um, sorry Kiba-kun!” Hinata called out quietly. “I uh… I tripped.”

“That’s, ugh, okay Hinata!” Kiba called back. “I’m okay!”

She looked back at her teammates and crush and bowed in embarrassment.

“S-Sorry, I don’t know, uh, what came over me, and, well, uh…”

Kurenai shook her head and sighed.

“Hinata…” She gave her a small, grudging smile. “Just don’t make a habit out of it.”

Shino lowered his brows, and looked over at Naruto, who was still too shocked to speak. After a few moments, he smiled.

“Thank you, Hinata-chan,” he said, and he meant it. Hinata just blushed even more furiously, but was able to maintain eye contact.

“Y… You’re welcome,” she got out quietly.

Back with Sakura, Kakashi had turned to leave. The pink-haired girl frowned.

“Kakashi-sensei? Where are you going?”

“I’m off to check on Sasuke… Don’t worry, he’s just fine. We’re just running some additional tests,” he answered, before poofing away. Sakura grimaced, but decided to try and distract herself by watching the upcoming match.

She couldn’t help but admire the way Hyuuga Neji carried himself, a cool confidence in his steps as he walked down to face his opponent.

“GO NEJI! SHOW HIM HOW YOUR FIRES OF YOUTH SHINE!” Gai cheered.

“YOSH! GO NEJI!” Lee added. Neji simply ignored the cheering, as the proctor looked between the stoic Hyuuga and grinning Inuzuka.

“Ready…? Begin,” he stated, stepping clear.

- - - - - - - - -

The Konoha hospital ward where Uchiha Sasuke was being kept was heavily guarded. A whole ANBU squad had been stationed outside and around the room, as the sedated Uchiha was carefully monitored and observed.

Had, being the operative word. They were now all dead on the floor, easily wiped out by Kabuto. He stood in the room, looking thoughtfully at the unconscious Sasuke as his chest moved up and down, heart monitors beeping at a steady rhythm.

Kabuto knew he’d been put under so that some of the more invasive medical techniques used to scan him would not inflict pain, or even cause death in some rare instances.

It wasn’t as if he would be a real threat to the white-haired genin if he was awake, but Kabuto occasionally welcomed a challenge, and so far his “errand” had been lacking.

He recalled the words the Orochimaru he’d met outside the tower had said, after charging him to kidnap the Uchiha.

Remember, Kabuto-kun… If you wish to stop me… You must kill Sasuke.”

He’d said he was kidding shortly after, but Kabuto knew better.

The sannin’s motives were difficult to discern. Doubtless, he knew that Kabuto was not entirely as devoted as the rest of the Sound Village morons were. He probably knew of his connection to Maleficent. And yet, here he was, Orochimaru’s prize in his reach.

Helpless.

In Kabuto’s eyes, Orochimaru offered him the chance to explore life, death, and chakra in ways Konoha denied him. To toy with death, master it, manipulate it. Make it his servant.

Maleficent, however… She saw that at the root of his double-dealing and “inhumane” pursuits, was true curiosity, a thirst for knowledge. She offered him the universe, to travel from world to world, explore every deep and dark secret hidden within the fabric of creation itself.

Ultimate knowledge, was ultimate power in Kabuto’s mind. Orochimaru was too obsessed with his personal revenge and fear of death to truly appreciate his talents. And yet… Maleficent, she remained the biggest enigma of all.

“Hello, Hatake Kakashi,” he spoke at last, turning around to face the Copy Ninja. His lone visible eye was narrowed, scrutinizing him with the cool finesse of a hunting cat. Kabuto smirked.

“It’s an honor to meet you.”

“Seven times you’ve tried for the chuunin exams… Seven times you’ve failed,” Kakashi noted flatly. “Though this is the first time you went ahead with a match. Orochimaru trying to make an example of you?”

“If you capture me now, you might not be able to prove the connection between me and Orochimaru.,” Kabuto smoothly replied.

“No, but at this point I really don’t care about that. I just want answers,” Kakashi retorted. Kabuto shrugged. At this point, it didn’t really matter…

“Orochimaru wished to punish me for my insolence, by sending me up against Naruto-san.” His smirk grew just a bit wider.

“Shame such a weak mind is behind that kind of power,” he mused aloud, “the Keyblade and the Kyuubi no Kitsune. Give it enough time, and he could become the most powerful warrior on this, and any other world.”

“If that’s the case, why is your master interested in Sasuke?” Kakashi asked. Kabuto shook his head.

“I should think that would be obvious… He wants complete mastery of all things ninja, before moving on to bigger, better things…”

“Such as?”

“And I should give it all away to you because…?”

“You are such a little brat, kid,” Kakashi grunted. Kabuto smirked.

“A kid as strong as you are… But I’m already behind schedule as it is.”

With that, one of the ANBU corpses got up and threw itself through the window, as ‘Kabuto’ slumped, falling dead to the floor with a sickly smile. Kakashi looked out the smashed window, seeing the ANBU pull off his mask and reveal the same, smirking face before he vanished.

The jounin sighed, checking the fake Kabuto over.

I see… He used that jutsu to reanimate the corpse and disguise it as himself just long enough to provide a distraction and escape.

Kakashi turned again to the window, lone eye narrowed.

Whatever Orochimaru’s plans, Sasuke… I can’t let you be taken.

He grimaced.

And I can’t let Naruto fall into his webs, either… What am I going to do?

- - - - - - - - -

Back at the tower, the Inuzuka cracked his knuckles and grinned, as Akamaru barked beside him.
“Just to warn you, we’ve been training against Hinata, so don’t think you’ve got anything we can’t handle!”
The white-eyed boy merely smirked, and settled into the traditional Hyuuga Jyuken stance.
“Let’s go Akamaru!” Kiba shouted, charging Neji straight on. The Hyuuga’s eyes bulged as his bloodline activated, and he easily dodged Kiba’s first punch. Akamaru attacked from the opposite side, but Neji merely batted him away, a burst of blue chakra leaving his hand as
Akamaru yelped.
“What the-? Akamaru!” Kiba shouted, throwing several smoke bombs. Neji frowned, scanning the smoke for only a moment… Before pulling a kunai to block the weapons thrown at him easily.
“Do you think you can really win that way?” The Hyuuga asked drolly. Kiba laughed.
“Just setting you up, girly boy! GATSUUGA!”
Kiba spun up into a tornado and launched himself at Neji, who easily dodged the attack and the followup as the living maelstrom curved around again. Kiba ceased his spinning and skidded to a halt, Akamaru leaping next to him. The little dog was panting, but still determined to fight.
"Looks like we'll have to go all out, boy," Kiba said. He pulled a red pill from his weapons pouch and tossed it to the dog, who swallowed it. His fur turned red and the little dog grew in size, snarling at the still-smirking Neji.
"This one's gonna take you down for sure! Shikyaku no Jutsu!" Kiba shouted. He made handseals, chakra flaring out of his body as he began to change. His canines extended, his fingernails became claws, and his entire manner became more beast-like.
" Jûjin Bunshin!" He snarled out, and Akamaru poofed into a mirror image of his master, growling in stereo. The two charged up with chakra, as Neji simply stood there.
"GATSUUGA!" Both Kibas roared, becoming larger and more powerful drilling tornadoes that sped straight for Neji. The Hyuuga narrowed his amazing eyes, bending his knees only slightly...
Before slamming both hands out into either tornado, chakra pulses blowing both Akamaru and Kiba out of their transformations and crashing to the ground.
"Kiba!" Hinata cried out in shock, as Kiba groaned, staggering back up to his feet. He turned back and gaped at the smirking Hyuuga.
"How... How the hell did you do that?!"
"My Byakugan can trace how chakra is applied and molded, inside and around your body. In this case, your Gatsuuga has your chakra flaring out of your tenketsu points in a wild spin. I merely applied just enough chakra to disrupt your flow, and bring you both out of the jutsu."
Neji settled forward in an attacking stance.
"Now, it's time to end this. You're in range of my divination... Hakke Rokujûyon Shô (Eight Trigrams, Sixty-Four Palms)!"
Neji sprang forward with incredible speed, fingers burning with bright blue chakra as they lanced out, striking the stunned Kiba at an ever increasing speed.
"Two palms! Four palms! Eight palms! Sixteen palms! Thirty-two palms! Sixty-four palms, eight trigrams!"
The chakra blasts closed every one of Kina's tenketsu points, making him scream in agony as the fire-hot chakra burned into his body. Waving a bit, blood dripping from his mouth, Kiba fell forward, completely still.
"Kiba! Kiba!" Hinata called out, a deep fear growing in the pit of her stomach. What kind of person was she, pushing Kiba into the arena like that! And now he was-!
"He's alive," Neji told the proctor flatly. "And unable to continue."
"Um... Winner, Hyuuga Neji," Hayate coughed, as several medic ninja came out, putting Kiba and Akamaru on stretchers. Hinata shivered as Neji shot her a cold look, before resuming his trek up the stairs to Gai and Lee, who were loudly congratulating and cheering him.
"YOSH! Excellent work, Neji! As expected of my eternal rival!" Lee loudly declared.
"Indeed! Well done, Neji!" Gai added. Neji managed a curt nod to both, before resuming staring out at the arena. Tenten offered him a smile, which he barely acknowledged as well.
Hinata almost jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder, but relaxed when she saw it was just Naruto, smiling at her.
"Hey, don't worry, he'll be fine. Dog boy's a lot tougher than he looks, right?" The blond suggested. Sure, he didn’t like Kiba a whole lot, but Hinata clearly cared about him so it was better to comfort her.
Heh, I’m getting this friend thing down pretty well, Naruto thought.
Hinata nodded with a shy smile.
"So, let's hope I'm the one who fights two matches!" Naruto grinned. "I mean, that thing with Kabuto... I want to show how strong I've gotten too! Why should Sakura-chan be the only one, right?"
"R-Right," Hinata nodded, shy smile growing a little more bold, even as anxiety appeared in her heart at his words... And touch. Even if it was just his hand on her shoulder, she couldn’t help but turn bright red.
Naruto-kun is touching me... Naruto-kun is touching me… Naruto-kunistouchingme! Naruto-kunistouchingme-!
Calm down, calm down,
she told herself, taking deep breaths. She sighed, finally getting her blood pressure under control (though she was still blushing furiously). Hinata then frowned, another thought coming to mind.
The only ones left are myself, the Sand girl with the fan, the redheaded boy from Sand, Lee, Tenten, the last sound kunoichi, and myself...
Hinata laughed quietly at the absurdity of her musing.
But what are the odds of Naruto having to fight another match, against me for that matter?
"Next match," began Hayate, "Hyuuga Hinata versus... Uzumaki Naruto!"
- - - - - - - - -

Yeah, cheap foreshadowing technique at the end. Sorry about that. Overall, this is now my longest chapter ever. I try to keep each one below thirty pages long to keep the story from dragging on. Also, I keep trying to make each chapter like a real episode of Naruto.

Second math exam is coming up tomorrow. I’m finishing this up because typing helps with my stress level.

Considerable input was given to me on this chapter by Koroshiya, Captain Sarcasm, and Nico Hana. Koroshiya and Nico Hana are both authors on this site, so you should definitely check out their works. They helped make this chapter what it is.

Interpret the character interactions how ever you like, the only definite pairing is Naruharem (and even that has not been fully worked out yet).

If you don’t know her, Gadget Hackwrench was a character on “Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers”, who was a brilliant mechanic and engineer. She struck me as more the type for gummi ship work, so I put her in.

Donald and Goofy have begun their quest, but they’re still not going to make it to Konoha for a few chapters. Don’t worry though, they’ll still play an important part.

And I just noticed I haven’t had Vivi appear in a while. I’ll have to fix that next time…

Seven matches down, four more to go. Now, it’s omake time!

By Yamimaru:
Omake 3(About a week after Omake 1.)
Sasuke looked around, not sensing any of the fangirls that would usually be attempting to
glomp-tackle him from all sides as he did his grocery shopping.
"It's quiet, too quiet."
"Wondering where all your fangirls went?"
Sasuke let out a yelp of surprise as he turned to face...
"Kakashi, don't sneak up on me like that! And yeah, I'm not complaining, but where did all the fangirls go? Usually, I'd have run into at least thirty of them by now!"
"Well Sasuke, after the whole thing about you being emo got out at the Chunin examfinals..."
Five minutes later, at Naruto's apartment...
Sasuke burst into the apartment and saw a sight that horrified him.
A half naked Naruto surrounded by no less then twenty former members of the Uchiha Sasuke fanclub, including Ino and Sakura, plus Hinata, Tenten, that Kin girl from Otogakure, and Temari from Sunagakure. And Sasuke had never seen clothes like what Naruto was wearing.
"What's up, Sasuke-bitch?" Naruto said as he tilted up the rim of his red pimp hat,complete with large feather. He grinned with gold-plated teeth as he held up his Keyblade, which now resembled a pimp cane.
“… This is so going on my Livejournal,” Sasuke sighed.
By The-Xenocide:
(Easily the most disturbing omake I’ve seen in a while.)
They stared at each other. It was an incredibly awkward moment.
“So uh…..you’re the Key Bearer, huh?” Naruto absently scuffed his sandal against the ground.
Sora scratched the back of his head nervously. “Yeah, I guess I am.”
A beat.
“You too?”
The blonde ninja grinned. “You bet your naked Axel boxers I am!”
“How in the world did you find out about those? Not even Riku knows, and I know for a fact that he snoops through my underwear drawer!”
Naruto blinked. “I was…kidding?”
Sora blushed outrageously. “Oh. Er….just forget what I just said, all right?”
A shrug.
“Whatever.”
Another awkward pause.
“I bet mine’s bigger than yours.”
Sora scoffed. “I doubt it. I mean, look at these shoes! They don’t even make them this biganymore! And you know what they say about big feet.”
What the hell does shoes have to do with size?
“Put your money where your mouth is, teme. I bet you a free meal that mine’s way bigger and cooler than yours!” Naruto grinned and stuck his tongue out.
“You’ve got nothing on the original, little boy! Bring it on!” Sora was brimming withconfidence. There was no way that a second rate Key Bearer could beat him!
“All right then. On the count of three, we’ll whip’em out, ok?” Naruto readied himself.
“One! Two!...Three!”
A bright flash of light, and the Keyblade was in Naruto’s hands, gleaming proudly as hegave it a deft twirl. “Check out the new and improved version, teme! Just stick yours outhere and– ” He halted, gaping openly at a now completely pants-less Sora.
Sora blinked. “Ah. You meant the Keyblade, didn’t you?”
(A/N: Well, least the yaoi fangirls reading this will be happy…)
By Kafaru:
'What in God's name was I thinking!' He thought as Sasuke observed the Pokeball.
"So Your saying little creatures come out of these balls?" Sasuke asked a random pokemon Trainer.
"Yep I'll Show you!" the trainer said as he threw the ball to reveal ninetails which scared Kiba.
"OH MY GOD IT'S A NINE TAILED FOX RUN!" Kiba screamed running like his ** was on fire. Everyone turned around to see the pokemon as Neji let out a high pitched scream and then faint.
"DESTROY THE FOX! KEEL ITT!" Shino yelled throwing thousands of Kunai & shuriken everywhere. Everyone else just ran around screaming an what did Naruto Do?
Naruto just sighed.
"I have psychos for friends" He said walking away with many fox like pokemon following him.
(A/N: Not just women who adore him, LOL)
By Yamimaru:
Just how do Naruto and co. get to different worlds for their offworld missions?
"So how are we going to go on these missions to other worlds again ero-sennin?"

"I told you not to call me that gaki!" Jiraiya yelled as he brought his fist down on
Naruto's head. "And Itold you, we're going to take my Gummi Ship!" The old pervert pulled
a remote out of a pocket in the inside of his coat, and pressed the button on it, causing
a nearby garage door to open, revealing a Gummi Ship that looked like a giant version of a
typical pimp's car, complete with a "Pimpmobile" bumper-sticker. The reactions of Teams 7,
8, 10, and Team Gai were quite humorous:

Naruto, Sakura, Kiba, Ino, Chouji, TenTen, Neji, and Kurenai just stood there, their jaws
dropped.

Sasuke was slightly freaked out by the machine, and tried to hide it, without any success.

Shino, Shikamaru, Kakashi, and Asume each raised an eyebrow and Shikamaru muttered
mendokuse.

Hinata was slightly scared by it.

Gai and Lee launched into a rant of how un-youthful the thing was, followed by one of
their crying/hugging sessions.

Jiraiya stared at them for a moment. "At least wait until you see the inside! And you two,
stop that, do you know how ridiculously gay that looks?!"
By Me:
(Because someone had to do it)
Within Sakura’s mind, she felt something grow, a warmth that spread from her chest, becoming stronger as Naruto’s shouts became louder.

“I… I am not weak… I am not weak… I AM NOT WEAK!”

HELL YEAH WE’RE NOT! Inner Sakura chimed in. C’mon Sakura, let’s show this bitch what we can do!

She’s going DOWN!

With a rush every sense returned to her. Vision, hearing, pain…

“I am NOT giving UP!” Sakura roared, her pink hair turning yellow and spiky as her aura flared in incredible power.
“Kakashi, what does the Sharingan say about her power level ?!” Asuma bellowed. Kakashi beared his Sharingan and frowned.
“It’s over nine-thousannnnd!”
-End-
Please review! Be as critical as you like, I don’t improve the story if everyone just goes “U RULE!” Not that I mind them, but I’d just prefer more analysis.