Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kioshi and Gaara ❯ Tears of Fate ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kioshi and Gaara walked away from Nemuri's house refreshed and ready for anything. Nemuri had spent several hours making sure that they were prepared. So much so, that by the time they had left, Nemuri was like a second mother to Kioshi. It seemed a shame to Kioshi that Nemuri's two sons were both dead. She wished that Kodoku was alive now, not because she liked him, but because he would of made Nemuri happy. It could not of been helped, even if Kodoku had survived, he wouldn't of been with his mother, he would have been put into a mental hospital. Even so, the past was the past, there was nothing she could do to change it. She then turned her mind to Gaara. He was unusually silent today, and it seemed weird to her.
“Gaara, what are you thinking about?” Kioshi knew he wold most likely ignore the question and keep walking, but she felt she must ask it.
Gaara didn't even look at her, avoiding the question. It then occurred to her what day it was.
“Oh! Happy birthday Gaara,” she said plainly.
Gaara looked at her slightly, not really acknowledging her existence.
“Where are we going to celebrate at?” She asked him hoping to lighten the mood.
“No where, I'm bringing you to another hide out...” Gaara put very bluntly.
“Gaara! What is up with this? First you drop me off at one hide out, then I was kidnapped, now you're just dropping me off again! Explain this to me Gaara!” Kioshi yelled at him.
“...” Gaara let out.

The following few hours Gaara was gone again and Kioshi was by herself.
“Why does he always leave me?” Kioshi asked herself.


Gaara came to his destination, maybe here he could be helped.



It had been at least 3 years since Kioshi had sen Gaara. He hadn't shown himself and she couldn't escape the new hiding spot. It was extremely boring, nothing to entertain her. It was a living room, a dining room, a fridge, a bedroom, and a bath. Small and boring. At this time she wished she was still with Kodoku, at least then she was entertained. But one day in her sad little house, Gaara came back. But he was different, his black bags were gone, and he looked more kept.
“Gaara, what happened?” Kioshi asked him immediately.
“I had the demon resealed, it is now under my control.” Gaara said to her.
“But why Gaara?” Kioshi asked him.
“Because, I love you Kioshi. The demon was too dangerous for me to be with you.” Gaara said to her.
“Gaara... This isn't like you...” Kioshi stated.
“I've changed Kioshi....” Gaara said before kissing her.
Kioshi gave in to the kiss, she knew he did all this for her. He had left for her, protected her from AMBU, and even did something with his demon.
“Kioshi, I have new enemies now, but that isn't important as long as you're safe...” Gaara told her releasing the kiss.
“Gaara, I missed you. And I love you too. But who are your new enemies?” Kioshi asked now being held by Gaara.
“They are called Akatsuki, they want my demon.” Gaara said making her look up at him.
“But if thy do won't that kill you!?” Kioshi cried while she looked horrified at him.
“Yes, but don't worry, I won't be caught...” Gaara said reassuringly.
“That's nice to hear...”