Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kunoichi Revolution ❯ A Night Alone ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kunoichi Revolution
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
 
A/N: Thanks for the reviews! ^_^ Not much to say so I'm just going to shut up and move on with the fic!
 
 
“Welcome home ladies!” Kitty yelled as she happily skipped out of Tokyo Airport. “It feels great to be back in Tokyo. But I'm not much of a city person; I want to get out of the city!” Britt said as they walked over to the cars she had gotten for them. “I'm driving!” Temari yelled hopping behind the wheel of the convertible. “Over my dead body.” Was Britt's response as she plucked Temari out of the seat and tossed her into the back. “I can't afford anymore of your tickets, Hinata you drive the convertible I'll take the Wrangler.” She jumped up into the black jeep as Kitty and Sakura took the cover off. {{Sorry, I don't know much about cars so if I make a mistake can someone correct me politely T_T. Thanks}
 
 
Hinata hit the button and the roof folded back. “Man Britt these cars are sweet!” Tenten yelled as she jumped into the front seat of the light blue convertible. “Only the best for Kunoichi Power!” Sakura said as she and Ino took the back seat of the jeep with Kitty riding shot gun. “Now on to Konoha High!” Ino yelled standing up and pointing forward. Britt hit the gas hard and within an hour they were sailing happily through farmland and into their small town. Nothing had changed really since they had left. The main street was lined with small, privately owned shops and a statue of the great leaders who had founded the small town of Konoha. The only huge attraction to it was the large boarding school they all attended. After flashing their student ID's they girls made there way to the Music Dorm, the largest dorm on campus with 14 rooms.
 
 
They pulled up into the half circle drive way and started unloading their various suitcases and cases. “Wonder if the other kids are already here?” Hinata asked carrying Britt's guitar while Britt handled her heavy keyboard.
 
 
Neji was sitting on the couch in the living room tuning his bass when he heard cars pulling up in the drive way. “Hey guys the new kids are here!” he yelled his voice echoing to the second story. In an instant 4 boys came barreling from different parts of the house followed slowly by Shino and Shikamaru. “Let's welcome them to the Music Dorm” Kiba said appearing with a bucket of icy cold water. They all waited at the entrance snickering. As soon as the door opened Kiba threw that water as hard as he could, producing screams of surprise and the clatter of equipment on the ground.
 
 
“HEY WHAT THE HELL IS THE BIG IDEA!” Kitty yelled charging into the door and slamming Kiba against the wall by his throat. “IF ANY OF OUR EQUIPMENT IS BROKEN I'M GONNA BREAK YOU FACE!”
 
 
“Kitty, calm down, it's okay, I don't think anything's broken” Hinata said rushing forward to stop Kitty from killing Kiba. “Calm down, please, I don't want anyone hurt.” Kitty released Kiba and walked back to pick up the suitcases she had been caring. While all of this was happening Britt had whipped out her paper. “This is the Music Dorm isn't it?” she asked looking around. “Please tell me its' not”
 
 
“Please tell me you're not staying here” Neji replied looking over his paper as well. “Damn” they both cussed at the same time. They both glared at each other. “THERE'S NO WAY I'M LIVING HERE!” Temari yelled going into one of her tantrums. “Wonderful, now we have two idiots living here” Shikamaru yawned. Everyone began talking at once throwing insults back and forth. “SHUT UP!” Neji and Britt yelled at the same time and glaring at each other again. “Sorry girls but we're stuck here so let's make the best of it!” she said shouldering Hinata's keyboard and her guitar. The boys grumbled and left for their rooms leaving the girls alone to find their own. After a few hours of unpacking and disputing the rooms were finally settled. Britt was in the biggest suite across from Neji, Hinata was beside her across from Naruto, Kitty was next to her across from Sasuke, Sakura was beside her across from Lee, Ino was on the other wing living beside Kiba, with Temari across from her living beside Shikamaru and Tenten was at the end of the hall beside Shino.
 
 
After everything was settled the girls went about their normal business, with no classes starting for a few more days they had plenty of free time to practice, write and chill. Temari, Kitty, Ino and Sakura all decide to take the jeep and get a bit to eat down at the diner. While Britt, Hinata and Tenten stayed behind. Tenten was sitting in the garden reading; Hinata was making dinner for everyone remaining at the dorm and Britt was on the front porch with her guitar practicing and working on a new song. The majority of the guys had left for the campus meeting hall where everyone met to hang out. Neji, Shino, and Naruto had all stayed behind simply because they didn't trust leaving girls alone with their dorm. They all sat around the living room complaining about their misfortune.
 
 
“Man, this sucks” Naruto said flopping down on his favorite couch. “It's bad enough we have to share the dorm with girls but with those brats. They've never given us a break in our lives!” Shino and Neji nodded their heads in agreement. They were all remembering their middle and high school years together. They girls had always been more successful then they were. Kunoichi Power out shone them at every talent contest, public event and even in band class. And since their big break during their junior year it had gotten even worse. They always rubbed in the fact that they had a lot more going for them than Ninja Power.
 
 
“We'll just have to put up with them or awhile” Shino said standing up. He let out a sigh as he headed back into the garden; some how being out doors around plants always seemed to relax him and right now he needed relaxation. He walked outside not noticing Tenten who was engrossed with Withering Heights; he walked over to the roses and let a small ladybug crawl onto his hand. “Hello there little one, enjoying the warm sunshine?” he asked smiling. Bugs had always fascinated him. Such same creatures played such a big part in the ecosystem and were so important to life itself. “Were you just talking to that ladybug?” Tenten asked after being yanked from her novel. Shino felt his face flush bright red. She had to think he was an idiot. Tenten giggled at his expression. She didn't understand the bitter rivalry between the two bands and hardly ever participated in it. Temari, Kitty, and Britt were the three who wouldn't even look at a Ninja Revolution boy without making a rude remark.
 
 
“Hi there” Tenten said smiling. “Even though we've been going to school together for awhile I don't think we've really met. I'm Tenten, Chinese member of Kunoichi Power and special effects manger. Nice to meet you”
 
 
“I'm Shino Aburame” Shino replied nodding his head respectfully. “Keyboard player of Ninja Revolution.” Tenten walked over and examined the insect he held in his hand also fingering the petals of the rose lightly. “I wish it could be spring year round. Everything's so fresh and new.” She said brining her nose to the flower. “What about you Shino-san?”
 
 
“Spring is nice, plenty of activity” Shino said not one to use more words than necessary. Tenten smiled as she continued around the garden making idle chit chat with Shino who for once actually enjoyed talking with someone.
 
 
Meanwhile, Naruto had grown bored of Neji's company and headed into the kitchen to find something to eat. He was surprised to find Hinata standing over a wok of stir fry wearing a light blue flowered apron with light ruffles on the sleeves. “What are you doing?” Naruto asked scaring the petit girl. “Oh, I'm s-sorry” Hinata stuttered out. She had never been good around boys, let alone her crush. She had always liked Naruto, his brutal playing style, his determination to learn to play the drums and most of all his sense of humor. He was everything she wasn't. She was always slow, gentle and submissive and it showed in her music. She only learned to play keyboard with the encouragement of her friends and nightly tutoring with Sakura and she was so afraid to talk that she hardly ever cracked a joke.
 
“You okay?” Naruto asked looking at Hinata through closed eyes. “You look like you've got a fever.” “Oh, no it's nothing” Hinata said her voice quiet as usual “Just some heat from the stove. Can I get you anything?”
 
 
Are you making dinner for everyone?” Naruto asked standing behind her looking over into the pan. “Y-y-yes, I th-thought they m-m-might not have e-e-eaten” Hinata said even more nervous with him standing so close behind her that she could feel his warmth. “That's nice of you” Naruto said grinning sitting down in a chair and propped his feet up on the table. “You're Hinata Hyuga aren't you?”
 
 
“Yes, I am” Hinata replied trying to ignore the fact that Naruto had his feet on the table. To her that was the most disgusting, irritating thing on the planet. People ATE there for God's sake! “You related to Neji?” he asked unconcerned of the placement of his feet. “Yes, he's my older cousin.” She replied as she began dishing up plates of food and setting them on the table. “He and I have never been very close. His father is my father's twin brother. Hiashi, my father, was born a few seconds earlier so he was treated as the eldest son, he got everything really, and he inherited the family business and was very successful. Hizashi, Neji's father, wasn't handed everything on a silver platter like Father. He work very hard for the family business, they were never poor, but he seemed to always be in Hiashi's shadow and over time Neji began to hate my father and apparently me. His father was his hero; Hizashi encouraged his music, and even helped Neji pay for a few music lessons. Neji adored his father, probably why the accident hit him so hard.”
 
 
“What accident?” Naruto asked beginning to eat the food in front of him. “About two years ago in his sophomore year Uncle Hizashi and Father were in a horrible car accident. They were both hurt very badly and were rushed to a near by hospital. They said Father needed a liver transplant to survive. Uncle Hizashi was in a lot worse shape than Father, he had catastrophic head injuries that the doctors knew he wouldn't survive. Uncle Hizashi accepted his death, but right before he passed away he asked the doctors to give his liver to Father. They did and Father recovered. Neji's hatred grew more because he didn't think it was fair that my father should live only because his died. He completely stopped talking to the other Hyugas and started living on campus. He got that tattoo on his forehead in memory of his father.” Hinata explained sitting across from Naruto.
 
 
Naruto choked on his food “Neji has a tattoo on his forehead?” he asked. Neji usually wore a black bandanna tied around his head so no one really saw a lot of his forehead. “Yes, I looked up the symbol it's the mark of a caged bird.” Hinata said picking at her food. “Wow” was the only thing Naruto could think to say. Naruto never new Neji had lost his dad. Must have been hard for him, Naruto had been orphaned as a baby and brought up by a man named Iruka. Growing up without parents was hard, but it must have been worse having them and then having them ripped from your grasp. The two teens eat in silence for the remainder of the meal.
 
 
Britt sat on the front porch swing, her guitar across her knees and a notebook sitting in front of her. She would mutter a few words to herself play a few chords on her guitar and if she thought it was any good she would scribble it down for editing later. This process was accompanied by a lot of pacing, throwing pens and paper and many, many cusses. Neji watched this all with amusement. He knew that his girl was quick to jump to emotions but was also quick to come back. They had been in many of the same classes for the last three years of high school.
 
 
Brittany Kace was tall with dark green eyes that changed with her emotions; she had long golden brown hair that she constantly highlighted with strange colors. Apparently this months color was a bubble gum shade of pink. She was the girl that everyone tended to follow. When it came to class projects she was quick to take charge and give orders, but was always open to suggestions and was willing to admit she was wrong and ask for help. He also happened to know she was captain of the Kendo team. But probably the thing that made her stand out more than her hair color or her personality was the fact that she had never worn the girls' uniform a day in her life, instead she wore the boys'. The teachers threatened her as far as expulsion but as best friend to the class president {Sakura Haruno} she knew that they couldn't; eventually the accepted the fact that she would never change and let it go.
 
 
After several minutes of watching her scribble, play, pace, scream and write some more he walked out onto the front porch and sat down across from her. Britt never even lifted her eyes from the paper. “What do you want Hyuga?” she asked plucking at her guitar. “Nothing, I live here to ya know” he replied picking up a balled up piece of paper at his feet. He uncrumpled it and read what was written. It was a love song standard of Kunoichi Power, the words were amazing, the pacing perfect and the chords flawless. “Hey! Don't read that!” she yelled snatching at the paper a bright red blush growing across her face.
 
 
“Why?” Neji asked looking confused “It's good, practically perfect.”
 
 
“Bull” was the flushed girl's simple reply. “The pacing is all off, the words are weak and there's no feeling in it. If anyone knew what shitty songs I write Kunoichi Power would be ruined.”
 
 
“At least you can write your own songs” Neji said, most of the time all of Ninja Revolution had to get together for a major meeting just to get the first verse of a song done. They last song they had written “Simple and Clean” had been a month in the making and here this girl had written an entire song perfectly in less than half an hour.
 
 
“Ya'll don't write your own songs?” Britt drawled out interested, she had always wanted to understand people who don't write their own songs. She had never understood how people could sing music that wasn't theirs. Music was something she loved and always had. When she wrote a new song she got such a sense of completeness that it was amazing. She didn't understand how musicians could live without that feeling.
 
 
“Well we do, but it's a major production. We all have to get together and throw ideas around for hours just to get a line or two together.” Neji said sheepishly, unconsciously scratching the bandanna tied around his forehead. “Hmm, might explain why ya'll can't go pro” Britt said returning to her music. Neji felt the hair on the back of his neck bristle. There she went again, she was always picking at the fact that Kunoichi Power had gone pro and Ninja Revolution barely held its own. “At least we aren't prissy little brats who only got a deal cause of their looks. Everyone knows the producers you guys signed onto only enlist bands that look good. Half of the guys I know only by your CD's for the pictures and everyone agrees that Kunoichi Power can't sing!” Neji retorted back.
 
 
“Well in that case, I guess that means Ninja Revolution is untalented and ugly, damn Hyuga you got the shitty end of the stick didn't ya?” Britt responded giving him her trade mark smile. Man he hated that smile. It was happy as if they were just talking about the weather, but it held that little bit of venom that made his blood boil even more. Neji stood up and quickly stalked into the house slamming every door in the house.
 
 
`Well this should prove to be an interesting year' Britt thought as she packed up her things and headed to her room to add the new song to her PC.
 
 
A/N: Also not very much. In the next Chapter fur shall fly!