Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kunoichi Revolution ❯ First Day Hell ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kunoichi Revolution
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto!
 
 
A/N: HOORAY FOR SUMMER VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and by the way, < > means that the person is speaking English ** means French and ( ) means Chinese
 
 
When lunch finally came around Neji was both relieved and a little disappointed. He hadn't really spent this much time with Brit since they were in middle school. He had to admit, he had enjoyed it even thought they had argued a lot. Neji followed behind Brit as she led the way to the cafeteria. He watched her long golden brown hair bob up and down in the ponytail she kept tied at the top of her head. Ever since the 7th grade she had let her hair grow. He wondered how long it would be if she let it free. He suddenly felt his hands twitch with the urge to reach up and pull the long black ribbon out and discover its true length. Brit turned and began walking backwards “You okay Hyuga?” she asked giving him an odd look. Neji flushed bright red at being caught staring at her. “Fine” he muttered out. “Okay then” she replied turning back around.
 
 
As they continued across the school campus Neji remembered the first time they had met. They were about two weeks into school when the teacher announced they had a new student. Standing in front of the room was a small girl with shoulder length golden brown hair and stunning green eyes staring at the tile floor. “This is Brittany Kace; she's a transfer student from America.” The teacher said nodding her head towards the girl “Miss Kace, sit in the empty desk beside Neji.” The girl nodded her head and bowed shortly to the teacher before practically running to her seat and plopping down into it, never taking her eyes off the ground. As the teacher began the lesson Neji leaned over slightly and whispered “Hi, I'm Neji Hyuga, welcome to our school Kace-san” The girl took her eyes off the ground and studied him for a moment.
 
 
“T-thank you, Hyuga-san” She said very slowly and very quietly. She was obviously unsure of her Japanese. “You can just call me Neji” he replied. She studied him again as if trying to make sure she understood before saying “Thank you Neji,” pronouncing his name in syllables “you may call me by my name”. The rest of the class was spent having small simple conversations. After class was over Neji followed Brit as she stood up and walked out of the class with her head down. Once she was out into the hallway she looked around and then down at her schedule hopelessly. “Brit-san, are you lost?” he asked placing a hand on her shoulder. Brit looked down at the floor.
 
 
“Me can not read Japanese.”
 
 
“Then how have you been getting around?”
 
 
“My friend she learn from her grandfather”
 
 
“Where's your friend?”
 
 
“She is year younger than me.”
 
 
“Oh, then why don't you ask for help?” Neji watched as Brit's eyes filled with tears “Do not know how, afraid will not say right” Neji felt sorry for the girl. She was alone in a strange place, with a strange language that she barely understood. “Come on I'll help you, we have all the same classes” he said as he took her schedule and led her by the hand down the hall. “Thank you Neji-san” Brit said using her other arm to wipe away the tears that still threatened to fall.
 
 
Neji led Brit to their English class. He bit back a groan as they entered. He really hated this class. Neji was known for doing very well in his classes but in English he was barely passing. Neji introduced Brit to her teacher and showed her to her seat. As the class began Neji noticed and instant change in Brit, all shyness seemed to fade away. She looked up into the faces of the other children as they read. Finally when it was her turn she stood up straight and tall and read flawlessly from the book. For the rest of the class she would speak in English and be perfectly happy. But as soon as it was over she went back to shy, looking down at the floor and not speaking very much.
 
 
“Yo, Hyuga you alright” Brit asked bring him out of his day dream. “Huh? What? Yeah, I'm fine” he replied looking around. They were at the entrance of the cafeteria building and Brit was standing holding the door open. “You sure about that, you've been acting funny all day.” she said following him into the building and stood behind him in line.
 
 
“Since when do you care?”
 
 
“I don't”
 
 
“Then why do you keep asking?”
 
 
“Because if you're sick that means I won't have to look at your face for a couple days.”
 
 
“You're a real bitch you know that?” Neji said as they got their food.
 
 
“And you're an untalented, ugly, bastard, so you owe me” Brit replied smiling as she spied her band mates. “Hey! Britt over here!” Kitty yelled standing up and waving. Brit smiled at her friend before parting Neji's company. He watched her walk away and let out a sigh before finding his friends and eating his lunch in silence.
 
 
The rest of the day was uneventful. After lunch he met up with Brit and the headed to class together. They continued to argue over anything and everything, even on their way home. By the time they got to the dorm everyone one else had already changed into street cloths. “Where've you been Brit?” Sakura asked when she walked into the room they had designated as their practice room. “No where, just waking home” she replied.
 
 
“Why did you walk home with Neji?” Tenten asked
 
 
“Because I like getting in the last word of an argument.”
 
 
“Are you sure that's the only reason” Kitty asked
 
 
“What other reason would there be?”
 
 
“That you actually like him” Temari said bluntly
 
 
“Keep dreaming Mari-baka”
 
 
“Come on! You two were friends in middle school weren't you?” Ino said not really paying attention
 
 
“I guess you could call us that. He helped me out before I learned to speak Japanese. He was pretty nice.”
 
 
“Then why don't you just go out with him?” Sakura inquired
 
 
 
“Because he turned into a real prick when we got to high school”
 
 
“Neji's not all that bad Brit-chan” Hinata said as she cleaned her keyboard “He's just kindda had a rough time lately.”
 
 
“Hina-chan, you're too nice. You've had it rough to, hell most of us have, but none of us act like pricks. Sure Mari, Kitty and me are homicidal maniacs but at least were nice to our friends.”
 
 
 
“That makes lots of sense Brit” Sakura said sarcastically. The rest of the evening was spent cleaning instruments, practicing old songs, and writing new ones. Unfortunately Neji's evening wasn't as peaceful. He had gone to his room after a few minutes of talking with the guys. They were all talking about how the Kunoichi girls weren't as stuck up as they thought they were. When asked about Brit, Neji simply ignored the question and went to bed. “Damn it, I need to get over this stupid crush, she hates me, and sometimes I wish she still couldn't speak Japanese. Life was so much easier than.” He thought with a sigh. “Damn it, why do I even care any more? She's got a boyfriend anyway.” Neji rolled over with his back facing the door. `Maybe I can get some peace in sleep.” If only he had known how wrong he was.
 
 
A/N: The rest of Neji's and Brit's history next Chapter!