Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kunoichi Revolution ❯ Christmas Vacation Prt.1 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kunoichi Revolution
Disclaimer: I don't own the Naruto series or the song “Let's Be Us Again” by Lonestar.
 
A/N: YAY RAIN! Okay, my internet is still down but I decided to start the 6th chapter just because I do some of my best writing when it's raining. Also my bro took off to Nag's Head, North Carolina with my uncles and cousins. Well anyway, I will stop boring you with my life, on with the drama! < > = person is speaking English.
 
 
“HELL YEAH!” Brit yelled as the last bell of the day rang. It was the last day of school before the break for Christmas. “I take it your excited about the up coming break” Neji asked as everyone went back to their business. “Of course! I love Christmas, it's awesome, no tours, no school, just hanging with my girls, what could be better?” Brit asked throwing her books into her bag. The two left the class together and returned to the dorm to find everyone kicked back in the living room.
 
 
“Hey Kitty what's up?” Brit asked her best friend as she hopped over the couch and landed beside her. “What's this?” Brit reached over and picked up a packet lying in front of Kitty. “Those are tickets to America, first class all the way.” Kitty said throwing her fists in the air. “You mean your going home and leaving me behind!” Brit asked fake tears coming to her eyes. “Sorry Brit, I didn't think you would want to come, besides you usually don't like to travel at Christmas cause your planning for our spring tour.” Kitty said hugging her friend around the shoulders. “<Plus you can spend sometime with Hyuga over there,>”
 
 
“<Very funny Kitty, but you know that we'll never get together>” Brit replied giving her friend the `shut up your speaking nonsense' look. “Just saying” Kitty responded shrugging her shoulders, “This could be your chance to score.”
 
 
“Can someone fill us in one what their talking about?” Kiba asked. “Don't worry about it Kitty's just trying to play matchmaker again.” Temari replied. Brit and Kitty had taught the other girls to speak English so they could speak freely with each other at all times. “Well if you have to go back home at least do me a favor.” Brit said as she handed Kitty back the packet of tickets.
 
 
“Sure, anything”
 
 
“Take my parents some flowers for me will ya. Papa likes wildflowers and Mama was always partial to tiger lilies”
 
“Sure thing Brit” Kitty replied with a smile.
 
 
“Well now that that's taken care of, what's everyone else gonna be doing?” Brit asked as she handed Kitty back her papers. “Well, Hina, Mari and Sa-chan are coming with me.” Kitty said “Ino and Tenten are going down to Kyoto, and as far as I know you're staying here.”
 
 
“YOU'RE LEAVING ME ALONE WITH THESE IDIOTS!?” Brit yelled standing up and pointing at their male roommates. “Chill Brit, you know we wouldn't leave you alone in a house full of horny high school guys.” Temari said patting her manager on the shoulder. “You're only gonna be stuck with one of them.”
 
 
“What do you mean?” Brit asked.
 
 
“Well, Naruto is coming with Hinata cause she need someone to help carry her stuff, Kiba's coming with Temari cause she needs someone to get arrested with, Lee's going with Sakura cause we need someone to hold on to her checkbook, and Sasuke going with Kitty cause we need someone to drive the second car cause you don't trust anyone with your insurance.” Tenten said as she flipped through a guide book of Kyoto.
 
 
“So I'll be stuck in the house with three guys instead of seven and since most of you are failing math I'll spell it out for you. I'M STILL OUT NUMBERED!!!!!!!” Brit yelled burying her face in a pillow.
 
 
“Not quite” Sakura piped in “Ino and Tenten are taking Shikamaru and Shino with them to Kyoto.
 
 
“So that means............. I'LL BE STUCK IN THIS HOUSE WITH HYUGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! KITTY TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!”” Brit yelled as she threw the pillow across the room before throwing her arms around her best friend's neck.
 
 
“Sorry Brit, no can do, I already bought the tickets and our plane leaves tomorrow.” Kitty said patting the girl on the back.
 
 
“Tenten!!!!!!! Have mercy! TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!” Brit yelled abandoning Kitty for Tenten.
 
 
“Sorry Brit, the car's gonna be full if you throw in our luggage.” Tenten said smiling apologetically. The rest of the night was spent dodging Brit and packing, all while apologizing for not taking her with them and many promises to call everyday and guaranties on Christmas gifts. Finally when morning came everyone was ready to leave. Kitty came limping out of the house with the final suitcase and Brit clinging to her leg. “NO! Don't leave me Kitty please! Just shove me in a suitcase! Please!!” the golden haired girl yelled.
 
 
NO DAMN IT NOW LET GO!!!!! LET GO!” Kitty replied shaking her soon to be dead ex-best friend off of her leg. Kitty was not known for being very patient and the last 12 hours of whining and pleas had killed her last gram of patience. “Hmp, fine but when you find me raped and murdered in my bed just remember its YOUR FAULT!” Brit yelled as Kitty climbed in the passenger seat. “See ya in the new year Brit!” Sakura yelled from the second car as it pulled out of the drive way. “Bye Brit! Don't burn down the house!” Tenten yelled as she drove away in a third car they had rented. “Yeah whatever don't have too much fun without me!” Brit yelled as she waved before she returned to the house.
 
 
Kitty watched as Brit turned and re-entered the house. She whipped out her cell phone and dialed Ino. “Well, that was a lot less painful than I thought it be.” Ino said when she answered her phone and put it on three way with Sakura. “Yeah, at least Operation: Clueless Lovebirds is underway.” Sakura replied “Yeah, it's about time we set those two up. I mean they're gonna be stuck alone with each other for three weeks, they have to at least become friends again right?” Kitty asked. “Definitely” Sakura and Ino replied together.
 
 
“That or they kill each other and destroy the house” Tenten said taking the phone from Ino. Kitty felt a sweat drop form on the back of her head. There was a reason they let Brit handle the managing of the band, none of them were very good at planning things out. “Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we.”
 
 
Back at the house Brit had decided that she didn't like sitting in her room. It was Christmas for goodness sake, she should be out having a good time, and hanging with her friends. She hopped off her bed and headed downstairs. `Maybe there's a Christmas special or something on TV.' She thought as she flopped down on the couch and reached for the remote. As she was about to turn on the TV she heard the sound of music playing in the band room. She heaved her petite frame off the couch and walked down the hall to the room and peeked through the door. Neji was sitting in a chair with his back to her, his guitar across his lap with a song sheet on the desk in front of him.
 
 
Neji had been here for most of the day, going through old photos and thinking about years gone by, particularly about a certain golden haired guitarist. Slowly simple song lyrics had formed in his head and he had spent the last two hours trying to throw something together and he now finally had something that at least resembled a song. He slowly began playing out the song without singing the lyrics. About half way through he heard the creak of the door opening. He turned to see Brit standing in the doorway. “I came to put the dying animal out of its misery.” She said as she grabbed a chair and sat down beside him.
 
 
“If you're only going to insult me, I'll leave.” Neji said standing up. “I didn't mean it like that,” Brit replied grabbing his shoulder and shoved him back down in his chair. “It really wasn't that bad.” Neji looked at her unconvinced. “Here, hand me the song sheet.” She said with a sigh. Neji handed her the sheet and watched as her eyes darted from note to note not even looking at the lyrics. She pulled a pen out of her pocket and rewrote a few notes. “Here try it now” she said after a few minutes. Neji took the sheet back from her and began slowly playing and as much as he hated to admit it, it did sound a lot better. “Thanks” he said as he finished playing. “No problem, happy to help, but you owe me a favor.” She replied leaning back in her chair. `Figures' Neji thought as he let out a sigh. “Fine what do you want?”
 
 
“Sing it for me”
 
 
“What?”
 
 
“Your song, sing it for me”
 
 
“Why?”
 
 
“Because, I don't think I've heard you sing in a long time.”
 
 
“Whatever” Neji said as he slowly began playing as he sang:
 
 
Tell me what I have to do tonight
'Cause I'd do anything to make it right
Let's be us again
 
 
I'm sorry for the way I lost my head
I don't know why I said the things I said
Lets be us again
 
 
Here I stand
With everything to lose
And all I know is I don't want to ever see the end
Baby please, I'm reaching out for you
Won't you open up your heart and let me come back in
Let's be us again

Oh us again

Look at me, I'm way past pride
Isn't there some way that we can try
To be us again
Even if it takes a while
I'll wait right here until I see that smile
That says we're us again

Here I stand
With everything to lose
And all I know is I don't want to ever see the end
Baby please, I'm reaching out for you
Won't you open up your heart and let me come back in
Let's be us

Baby baby what would I do
I can't imagine life without you

Here I stand
With everything to lose
And all I know is I don't want to ever see the end
Baby please, I'm reaching out for you
Won't you open up your heart and let me come back in

Oh, here I am
I'm reaching out for you
So won't you open up your heart and let me come back in
Let's be us again
 
 
Brit watched Neji intently as he played. She noticed the way he seemed to lose himself in the music, he far away look in his eyes, and most of all the glances he kept giving herm, like he was singing more to her than for her. Half way through she closed her eyes and just listened. Listened to the to the sweet sound of the guitar mixing with Neji's voice, and in that moment she realized what true heaven was. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end and sure enjoy the song ended much sooner then Brit wished. She opened her eyes to find Neji staring at her intently. Brit studied his eyes, God how she wanted to just drown in his milky white eyes. She was use to seeing anger, coldness and even the occasional happiness in his eyes but tonight she saw something different. Tonight she saw want, possibly even need along with something that resembled pain, like being near her caused him pain. Brit felt a pang go through her chest. It seemed like no matter where she went she always caused pain for someone else, that's why she always wound up alone.
 
 
Neji stared into Brit's eyes, usually a cat like shade of green they were now much darker. He wondered what she was feeling, he knew they got lighter when she was happy, deeper when she was angry and were dull when she was upset, but he was sure he had never seen such a dark forest green. Neji leaned forward slightly still not breaking eye contact with her. He heard her suck in her breath before breaking their eye contact. Neji watched her as she took the song sheet off the desk and scribble something at the end before returning it to the desk. He reached for the sheet just as her phone went off. “Hello?” Brit answered as her face lit up. “Hey Kitty! What's happening!? How's America? Uh huh, yeah, sweet, where are you guys staying? No way! Seriously? Let me talk to her.” Brit stood up and walked out of the room still talking. “Hey Jazmyn! Keeping Kitty out of trouble? Still living with that pervert Kakashi? Oh shit, I'm on speaker phone? Hehehe, no offense Kakashi!”
 
 
Neji listened to her leave before returning to the song sheet. He read over the lyrics until he came to the last five words written in Brit's handwriting. `Oh let's be us again' he read to himself. He returned the paper to the desk as he sat back in his chair. `Now what?' he thought as he slowly drummed his fingers on his knee. He continued to weigh his options. Finally he dug deep in his pocket and pulled out a quarter. `Okay, heads I make peace, tails I go to bed and just consider this a wishful dream.' He flipped the coin high in the air and let it fall to the ground. `And the results are..............................'
 
 
 
“Well I'll let ya go then Kitty Cat, kay, heart you too, bye” Brit said before flipping her cell shut. She was stretched out on the couch staring at ceiling her thoughts slowly returning to the song she had just listened to. She closed her eyes with a sigh. She wanted to make peace with Neji, she honestly did, but she was just so afraid to wear her heart on her sleeves. She didn't like talking seriously about her emotions, it made her feel vulnerable, and she hated feeling vulnerable, like she needed someone. She wanted to rely on only one person and that was herself, but that never got her very far, the scars on her arms was proof of that. Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a chorus of gunshots. Brit nearly jumped out of her seat as she searched for the cause of the noise.
 
 
“You okay?” she heard Neji ask. She spun around to see him sitting in one of the arm chairs holding the remote in one hand. “Yeah, fine” she replied as she settled back down on the couch as she realized that he had merely turned to television on in the middle of a western gun battle. The sat in silence for several minutes as Neji flipped through the different channels before throwing the remote to Brit. “You find something, I don't really care what we watch.” Brit flipped through the channels as well before finally deciding to see what was in the DVD player. She instantly regretted it as the closing theme of Temari's yaoi anime played across the screen.
 
 
“What the hell!?” Neji yelled. “I asked Temari to collect all of her yaoi crap, I guess she missed one.” Brit replied as she turned off the DVD and turned the TV to Comedy Central. The next half hour passed with laughs and silence except for the comedian. As the show ended Neji finally spoke up. “Remind me again how long we've been enemies.”
 
 
“Two years yesterday.” Brit replied flipping open her cell phone to check the time. `Damn, it's only 8:30, God I wish I could just go to bed and sleep this vacation away.' Brit stole a glance out the window trying to find something interesting to occupy her time. “Hey! It's snowing!” she cried as she vaulted over the back of the couch and hurried to the large front window a look of pure joy upon her face. Neji watched her go noticing her look. “You know you have a mental age of less than four, right?” he asked standing up. “Just because I appreciate the beauty of snow doesn't mean I'm childish.” Brit retorted. Neji watched her as she pressed her hands to the cold glass and rested her forehead against it. He let his eyes travel slowly down her body starting at her long golden hair which was tied back in two small buns and highlighted in a deep festive red, moving to the black sweater with a high black lace neck and lace trimmed sleeves and ending at her dark washed jeans. He walked up silently behind her and placed his hands on top of hers causing her to jump.
 
 
`What the hell?' Brit thought as she felt Neji's warm presence behind her. She shivered as she unconsciously leaned back against him. They stood together in silence simply enjoying each others company. Slowly as a few minutes passed Neji carefully bend his head down so his mouth was parallel to her cheek. Instinctively she turned her head to face him so they were now inches away from each other's face. Carefully Neji lowered his mouth towards Brit's. `What the hell is he doing?' her mind was screaming as she made no effort to move away. `What the hell am I doing?” Neji wondered still continuing his decent onto her sweet lips. He heard her quick intake of breath as their lips came within inches of touching. “Neji” Brit whispered before..................................
 
 
A/N: Suspense! This is by far my longest Chapter ever {8 pages!} well anyway, internet's still down so on to chapter 7!