Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Lonely Heirs ❯ Friendship of Fear and Shadow of nothing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Her again, well first chapter was as successful as I hoped it would be and I thank everyone who reviewed ^_^
Disclaimer: Don't own the Naruto characters.
 
This chapters song is: Don't cry, Naruto first ending theme
 
The GaaHina theater:
 
Kazekage Gaara: So do we get to make out and have kids yet
Hianta: blushes red ma-make out!
Kazekage Gaara: You didn't get to be the wife of the Kazekage without a little don't you think
Hinata: G-Gaara >.< Don't talk about our private matters in front of the readers
Kazekage Gaara: Why not everyone knows that you can, “Shake your moneymaker like somebody bout to pay ya, don't worry bout them haters, Don't you act like you don't hear me cause you know I got it if you wanna come get it stand next to this money like eh eh eh!”
Mic Mic: *rolls on floor laughing from extremely out of character Gaara*
Real Gaara: What. I don't rap or sing or...*glances at Hinata with Kazekage Gaara and sand begins to rise* get away...
Kazekage Gaara: Just you wait buddy ^_^ chu's Hinata Hinata will change your murderous outlook on life,... well at least to only murdering anyone who looks at her the wrong way *glomps and nuzzles Hinata while Gaara's cork pops out of his gourd and breaks a chandelier*
Hinata: *is embarrassed beyond belief* just start the story please
 
Gaara tapped his pencil impatiently as he looked to the side. Hinata sat in the second row last desk not too far from where he sat in the last row 2nd seat.
 
He sighed as he watched her lean onto her desk wiping her eyes again. She seemed to be deep in thought and he wondered what it could be about. Was she thinking how much she hated him, labeling him a monster just as everyone else had done? That seemed to be the way life worked for him always a monster hurting those around him. No one even tried to help him hone his powers they expected him to magically do it on his own.
 
He might have been here at the academy but the attacks and many things that the other children learned were mostly no use to him. He didn't fight in hand to hand combat so his taijutsu classes were basically a waste of time.
 
`Hinata…” he thought quietly as he closed his eyes, `I can't give up so easily, Hinata's my only friend I have to at least try and keep her from hating me, even if it means I have to apologize.' He thought grimly.
 
Apologizing felt weird it was a tingly grinding feeling in his stomach and the pain in heart at being rejected coupled together. But Hinata had tried to protect him and that meant she was different. He didn't want to hurt her like this and if she protected him he had to protect her too.
 
Hinata was sitting in her seat sighing sadly as she drew squares and circles aimlessly on her paper. Her mind was somewhere else at home or more the place she slept and trained in the Hyuuga house.
 
 
“Hinata!” Hiashi said sharply with a glare as the young girl stood up straight to attention.
 
“Yes, Father.” she said her eyes down to the floor of the dojo. She suddenly felt a “gentle” tap on her shoulder and before she knew it she was lying with her face in the ground a tiny cut on her cheek dripping blood to the floor.
 
“Not fast enough.” He snapped. “If you're going to become the head someday you have to be faster quicker better.” He indicated.
 
“H-Hai.” Hinata said and strained to get to her feet when she finally standing again she felt her legs swept out from under her.
 
“Face your opponent when fighting you never know when they'll sneak up on you. Now get up.”
 
“Hinata-chan's trying her best! Leave her alone Uncle Hiashi.” Neji yelled angrily at his uncle his face puffed red.
 
“And I suppose you believe that you can hold your own against me, if you wish for me to leave her alone then you shall be the one I train.” He added with scowl.
 
“Bring it on!” Neji said getting into a fighting stance and the two began to spar. Neji was mostly blocking punches and dodging the many attempts to close his charka points. Hiashi managed to land quite a few swift `gentle' touches. Once he stopped his assault Neji stood panting hard.
 
“I hate to say it, but you have more potential than my own daughter. If you keep up like this you might be an acceptable head of the Hyuuga household. That is if you came into the main family. It's a shame my brother has a son like you and I have a daughter like her.” He said coldly before turning and leaving to his room. Hinata's mother walked into the training room and glared at her from the doorway her violet hair glittering from the sunlight entering the dojo.
 
“Losing again I see. The branch family produce a better heir than I, I'll die before I let that happen. You shamed me daughter for being weak, always being so weak. I hope that this child doesn't turn out to be a failure like you Hinata. We might as well wish that she was our first born, better yet that you had never come into existence.” She taunted every word making Hinata close her fists tighter and attempt to hold back her tears.
 
`Why was mother always so cruel to her? Why didn't she love her, shop with her, and act like she wanted her?' she thought she hadn't been a bad child always trying to follow orders. This was something that was so hard for her. Didn't they see she was trying as hard as she could. Sweating and pushing herself just so she could enter the academy.
 
`I only want to make you proud yet no matter what I do it's never enough.' She thought grimly.
 
“You are her mother, do not speak to her so harshly Kurhiko.” Hiashi ordered before his wife bowed and left with a quick `hai'.
 
Hinata's head stayed bowed in shame as she cried tears falling from the hurtful words.
Why, why no matter how hard she tried or trained was she always the weak one. She never excelled in anything expect figuring things out and using her brain.
 
Her physical attributes were all her Father cared about and her mother was even worse. All her mother cared for was the clan, clan this, clan that, we must have a child for the clan. Did happiness even exist in this stupid little world she lived in? She hated the way they treated her cousin, and loved the way they treated her. She didn't deserve love did she, as they always told her she was treated like a weakling because she was a weakling and there was nothing she could do about it, she was starting to believe it was all true.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
 
Hinata was pulled out of her depressing thoughts as the instructor quickly hit a gong. “You may leave now. Don't linger around the grounds, be here at 10 am sharp tomorrow morning anyone who's late will face the penalty.
 
A boy with spiky brown hair raised his hand curiously. “What's the penalty?”
 
“Anyone who is late will be cleaning the Kazekage's office for a week. Then you will start to run. 30 laps around the track, then 50 around the Academy. And if you don't finish those laps in under 5 minutes then the real punishment begins. Would you like to know that one too Kankuro?” He said evenly.
 
“N-no Baki-sensei, I'm good. It's just what if we have an excuse from the Kazekage.”
 
“The Kage of this village doesn't write excuse notes not even for his brats.”
 
“But what if we had one!” he insisted.
 
“Then I'd double your punishment for a bad attempt at forgery.” He looked around the classroom seeing the students still sitting there waiting. “Well? What are you waiting for! I dismissed you already! Now go.” He commanded and in a puff of smoke Baki-sensei was gone. Most of the other students having already known that jutsu formed their hand signs and were gone also.
 
Hinata sniffed solemnly as she slouched before scooting out of her seat and heading to the door. She held in her tears as she walked trying to think of somewhere she could go to cry. Why wasn't their anyplace for her to cry anyone to cry with?
 
Immediately a face popped into her mind. `Gaara, but would I really want to trouble him.' She wondered and shook her head. After all this all stemmed from her main issue in life...weakness.
 
“They were weak enough to let the bullies beat them up and take their stuff they deserved it!” those words echoed in her head like a bad dream and she moved slowly onward walking home. If she could successfully accomplish that door sealing jutsu she'd be fine that one seemed simpler to work out.
 
Gaara quickly ran to try and catch up accidentally knocking into Hinata. His sand protected their fall and he laid to the side of her their noses inches from touching. Hinata gasped as she looked up into Gaara's eyes. She shyly looked to the other side wanting to avoid them.
 
“Um…G-Gaara san. I need to be getting h-home.” She stammered.
 
Gaara's eyes turned sad at that look in her eyes it wasn't even one he was familiar with. A different look he hadn't seen on anyone else's face, in anyone else's eyes. It was a mix of slight anger, shyness, and rejection. That was a look he only saw in the mirror. It prompted him to ask her. He had to know if she would still be his friend he didn't want to be alone.
 
“Are you mad at me…Hinata-chan?” he asked shyly blushing a bit as he looked straight into her eyes.
 
“N-no Gaara. I'm not a-angry r-really, I'm n-not mad at all. It's really nothing, it's no big deal.” She insisted looking uncomfortably into his stare. She didn't like looking directly at people. It made her nervous. Gaara's eyes made her feel sad and reminded her of everything. But she couldn't look away they captivated her.
 
“If it was nothing then you wouldn't have been crying. I can see you still have tears in your eyes.” He said and gently his hand came to rub at the edges of her eyelids catching the loose tears.
 
“I saw them when you ran away, I knew that you were crying…I didn't mean to make you cry.” He said regretfully finally breaking his sharp gaze to stare at the ground he didn't hear an answer as Hinata was silent for a bit she was unsure of what to say how to ask him for forgiveness.
 
“Well!” he added sharply pain filling his own heart as he took hold of her arms. “Tell me something?” he asked desperately.
 
“G-Gaara-san. P-p-please.” she stammered her voice cracking from the tears that began to fall. “Forgive me.” She finished off. Gaara eyes changed from regret to surprise. How could she ask for forgiveness? He had been the one who had said something to hurt her, yet he didn't mean it.
 
Maybe she had realized he hadn't meant to be hurtful. Maybe she was apologizing for thinking that he'd purposefully say something so cruel. Was she indirectly telling him that she didn't think of him as a monster? That had to be it. His eyes lit up with happiness and he smiled gently taking her hands.
 
“I'm- s-sorry, I took things too s-seriously.” She continued kindly thinking he was upset with her. Gaara looked down for a second contemplating how to reply. He didn't want to look stupid and apologize back so he figured accepting would be good enough. He didn't have a lot of experience with this friend thing, it was hard.
 
He patted her hands gently as he looked into her eyes leaning his forehead on hers. “It's okay, we're friends.” He said with a cheeky smile.
 
Hinata returned the smile and wiped her eyes gently closing them blissfully at the warm feeling that rushed over her. Gaara really would be there for her and from this moment on she felt she had someone to go to when she cried. It was okay to be this Hinata, the Hinata that was scolded, who stuttered, and was shy. She wasn't a useless weakling in Gaara's eyes, she could be herself, laugh and the power that she did have wasn't considered pitiful. `Gaara my friend.' She thought her smile growing bigger.
 
Suddenly Gaara grabbed her hand pulling them up from the floor and began walking as if he knew exactly what direction he was going.
 
“Umm Gaara?” she asked in a confused voice continuing to follow him hurriedly so her hand wasn't pulled. “Yeah?” he replied a happy tone in his voice.
 
“Where are we going?” she asked obviously. “To my secret spot.” He replied as if it was common knowledge.
 
“Oh. You mean you'll let me come too?” she asked excitedly. She hadn't been to any secret places before as she was too shy to make any friends.
 
“Sure, come on how many times do I have to say it. We're friends now, that means we share secrets and stuff. Now let's hurry, we wanna get there and have plenty of time to play before it starts getting dark.”
 
“Okay.” Hinata said agreeably and they both broke into a run.
 
Mic Mic; So this is the next chapter forgive me for the wait. I thought it had only been a week since the last update but was shocked when I discovered that this had been 3 weeks ago. Chapter 3 is in progress and mostly written in a notebook typing it up shall me the tricky thing, tell me do you want longer chapters and a later update or more updates and shorter chapters like these.
 
The GaaHina theater continued ^^ just my little author's note blurb
 
Kazekage Gaara: Hehe you just wait til' I get Hinata in that position when I'm 17
Real Gaara: I'm not weird and pervish you know hides dirty Hinata doujinshi
Kazekage Gaara: Actually you are, and I would know I am you well the you uncorrupted by hate and then need for love from a tattoo hehe I have my own personal love *grabs Hinata and glares at real Gaara* Don't you even look at her the wrong way or I'm choke you on your own sand, I'm a Kazekage I'm much better than you
Hinata: >.< Gaara must you be so possessive
Kazekage Gaara: *growls menacingly* Your mine and only mine and that's the end of it
Hinata: Gaara , `blushes and shifts'
Kazekage Gaara: Keh, I already got a room
Hinata: Well let's go then *pulls Kazekage Gaara along*
Real Gaara: Wait! >_< What about a threesome! runs after them Oh yeah review please
 
Mic Mic: Yes I do so heart this little blurb now it's fun making Gaara act silly since he's so serious even real him is less serious in this blurb. But no future Gaara won't be like this just so you know in my story. He's going to be as serious as he is in the show. Please review, my deal is when I see about 9 reviews I edit and refine the upcoming chapter then post it. 10 is what I'm really aiming for so please grace this humble author with such. Your reviews speed my typing this up so please review ^_^ Thanks in advance~