Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Love Slave ❯ Caged Bird ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Well, here's another chapter. Thanks for the 40 reviews! I'm glad that people are enjoying my fanwork! I won't let you down ^^
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 
II.
 
Love Slave
 
Chapter 3: Caged Bird
 
II.
 
 
 
He sat in the corner of the room, shadows playing with his form in the dully lit room. Wrists still bound behind his back. He had stopped struggling, but it didn't sway the fact that he had already made lacerations in his wrists, which were getting more and more painful with every slight shift of his body. The damaged flesh was exposed and tender, blood flaking off that had already dried as the rope still sawed relentlessly across the lacerations.
 
Kakashi leaned against the wall, his legs bent as he rested on his hip and shoulder. A darkly colored eye looked at an invisible point on the floor, refusing to look at his captor. He was cold from blood loss and didn't speak.
 
His olive jacket had been open in the front, hanging about his shoulders in disarray and stained with his own blood.
 
The room was silent as a good hour and a half seemed to pass between the two. The silver haired jounin pondered to himself about what had happened during his capture by the Akatsuki member.
 
Why was he doing this? What was the meaning behind his seductive mannerisms? And, what exactly did he mean by “That was for all of those times we leaned on each other in the past while we were in ANBU.”
 
Kakashi was a bit befuddled by that sentence. When they were in ANBU, they did share a few moments together, but it mostly consisted of small talk and silence. There had been a few times that the ANBU leader had cared for Kakashi when he had been injured, but those were few and far between. Plus, the Copy Ninja was either half delirious from pain or out of consciousness completely.
 
The jounin could remember a time when a young Itachi had watched him train out in the woods. He had always wondered what that lone boy's eyes were filled with that day, and if he were a person to go on impulsive thought, he could have sworn that Itachi was looking upon him with admiration.
 
A flashback reoccurred in his mind of the dark eyes of a child, shining with that unknown feeling. That cryptic sparkle which made emotion hard to comprehend. But that child is very different then the one standing before him now, decked out in traditional Akatsuki dress.
 
The crumpled figure huddled in the corner let out a small sigh to himself. He had a hard time focusing his eye and his mask felt sticky about his face. Itachi had seen his true face before he had kissed him, but somehow found the audacity to pull it back up when he was done.
 
His mind reeled through his flashbacks, as a printing press reeled through the vast amount of paper in which it was printing, sorting through the flashback of the two of them in ANBU, trying to discover any moments between the two of them that seemed awkward or that would further explain the recent turn of lust or affection shown from the dark haired Uchiha.
 
Come to think of it, there was that one incident in which he was hurt and awoke to find Itachi pulling his hand back from his face.
 
When Kakashi had awoken that day, his mismatched eyes opened to those of Uchiha Itachi, staring back at him, eyes dull for the most part, but they held a certain shimmer to them, an unreadable and cryptic shimmer and through his haze of pain, Kakashi couldn't tell if it was from the dull lighting of the room or the emotion that Itachi himself had held within.
 
Both confusion and pain as well as a haze of sleep clung to the ANBU member's eyes upon seeing the captain looking upon him laying in bed. The Copy Ninja could also have sworn that the dark haired man pulled his hand back from his face upon waking up.
 
Few words were exchanged between the two.
 
“You're awake.” Itachi spoke, monotonely as usual.
 
The silver haired jounin sat up in bed, holding his forehead with his hand, feeling an excruciating pain stabbing within the confines of his forehead. “How long was I out?”
 
“Who knows? I had only been here an hour.”
 
“My head is killing me.”
 
There was an odd silence that had passed between the two, but Itachi's eyes were glued to him that day, and he couldn't seem to figure out why.
 
“Itachi-san?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Did you touch my face a while ago?” Confusion ran through the eyes of the jounin as he reached beside of himself to put his hand on his ANBU mask.
 
“I was checking your temperature.” Itachi lied. “You'll be fine.”
 
“Hm?”
 
A footstep brought Kakashi out of his realm of surreal flashbacks as he looked up to see Itachi, standing in front of him.
 
“Making sure you're not dead.” Was the cold reply that the Uchiha told him.
 
“Why do you care if I'm dead or not?” The Copy Ninja asked.
 
“Hmm.”
 
“I don't understand you.”
 
“That makes two of us.”
 
A defiant glare was produced from Kakashi.
 
Silence was brought into the room once again as eyes pierced eyes. The tension was so thick that it could be cut with a knife. After standing there for a while, the dark haired boy slowly sat down in front of the Copy Ninja.
 
They gazed at each other, saying nothing but seeming to say everything.
 
Itachi broke the silence.
 
“I've got you where I want you.”
 
“What?”
 
“Don't play stupid with me.” Dark eyes narrowed.
 
“What are you talking about, Itachi?”
 
“You've already won, Itachi.” The silver haired jounin said, almost defeated.
 
“The plans have only begun.”
 
“What?” Kakashi was confused, then another silence broke out.
 
“Ugh…” Was the jounin's only response as he felt woozy from pain and blood loss.
 
A hand cupped his chin as his head was descending downward and propped it back up. “You belong to me. Learn this. Understand it. Obey it.” The dark haired boy told him, a commanding void shown through his voice.
 
“Mmph!” Was the only noise that was emitted from Kakashi's mouth as his eye widened and the hand cupping his chin tightened so he wouldn't pull away.
 
But he refused to be under him and winced a bit at the vice grip force of his hand. The kiss was strong and passionate and at first, Kakashi tried to pull away but the grip on his chin only tightened and he was forced to endure the kiss. After a few minutes, he closed his eyes and did nothing but exist for that brief moment in time.
 
After the kiss was broken, Itachi leaned back and gazed at the flushed expression on the other man's face. A smirk of victory slowly crept its way onto his face as his grip was released and Kakashi's head swiftly turned to the wall, refusing to look at him and only wanting him away at the moment.
 
He knew that Itachi was using him.
 
“What the hell was that about anyway?” He asked, feeling the dull sensation of pain in his jaw. “Why did you kiss me?”
 
There was no answer given, just silence.
 
Just a smile.
 
A cold and unmoving smile that held contempt, maliciousness and pure evil to it.
 
He leaned his head into the silver haired jounin's and Kakashi tried to back up, but the back of his head was caught by a swift hand.
 
“I don't think so.” The Uchiha said in a demanding voice and Kakashi could feel the blush returning to his cheeks as his eyes widened a bit in surprise as he was startled by the opposing man's possessiveness.
 
“You belong to me. Learn this. Understand it. Obey it.” Itachi repeated monotonely.
 
He was silent as the dark haired Uchiha leaned his head slowly in towards Kakashi's. The silver haired jounin was close to his enemy's face. So close they were nose to nose. So close to touch flesh, so close that Kakashi could feel Itachi's hot breath on his face.
 
Breath so hot that it rewarmed his cold skin. The Copy Ninja closed his eye, letting the firm breath hit his face and warm his pale skin, and then he felt a strange draft hit his face and opened his eyes to see that Itachi was pulling his mask away from his face with his teeth, his eyes shone in a seductive glint.
 
“I…”
 
That was the only letter Kakashi spoke as the two stayed there, frozen in time.
 
The jounin's lone eye shone with a soft tone. Something about Itachi both confused and intrigued him. There were so many unanswered questions that he sought the answer to.
 
“I have a question.”
 
Itachi let go of the mask with his teeth and looked at him in question. A silent reply to his statement.
 
“What did you really do that night?” Kakashi asked.
 
“What night?”
 
“When I was injured and you stayed at my bedside?”
 
The dark eyed Uchiha blinked and remained silent in response.
 
“…”
 
A dark eye stared back at him in anticipation.
 
Moments of silence passed between the two, and for that brief moment in time, Kakashi felt that the dark haired boy's only response would be that of avoidance. He thought that the only thing Itachi would mutter was that he didn't feel like telling him, he didn't need to know, or he wasn't worthy of knowing.
 
Deactivated Sharingan eyes looked back to the jounin, noticing that flicker of a flame still left in his caged bird's lone eye. His own eyes narrowed at seeing that flame. The one flame that still lingered, no matter what his caged prize's fate was.
 
He wanted to smolder that flame. He wanted to extinguish that flame.
 
The Uchiha wanted to break him.
 
The jounin looked back at Itachi, still awaiting his answer, but the flame in his lone eye was dying off little by little the more silence came into the picture.
 
He finally replied after what seemed like an eternity.
 
“It's more like what I didn't do.”
 
 
TBC
 
 
A/N: Nasty cliffie, eh? Well, I'm going to write the other chapter now and I'll have it up in a couple of days! Please check out my other works. If you like ItaKaka, then check out the C2 Community Forbidden Love ItachiXKakashi. There are tons of great ItaKaka stories there by really talented authors.
 
Also, check out my bio for an awesome fanart to this story by my friend Ohtori Akio!
 
Please leave me a kind review!