Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror Image ❯ Chapter 12 ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mirror Image
 
By. DemonGirl-Setsuna
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
DemonGirl-Setsuna: Hi there! Setsuna here!
 
Welcome back readers!
 
How did you like the last Chapter?
 
Well, never mind that!
 
Did you enjoy the Cliff-hanger I gave you?
 
Still wondering what is going to happen?
 
Well, your questions will be answered!
 
So, without further adieu…
 
Here is Chapter 12 of `Mirror Image'!
 
Please Enjoy!
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or anything belonging to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ch. 12
 
-------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Where could Naruto be…?”, Sakura mutters, as she paces back and forth, “He's usually here before Kakashi-sensei…”
 
“The idiot probably over-slept…”, Sasuke scoffs.
 
“I find that hard to believe, Sasuke-kun. Natsuki is awake before he is and wouldn't let him be late for a meeting…”, she informs.
 
“What seems to be the trouble?”, Kakashi asks, as he appears in a puff of smoke.
 
“Kakashi-sensei, Naruto still has shown up”, Sakura worriedly states.
 
“That doesn't sound right…”, the Jounin ponders.
 
“Kakashi-san!”, a male voice calls out, as a ninja dressed in Anbu-garb comes running towards Team 7 and takes a knee in front of the ninja in question.
 
“What is it?”
 
“I've been charged with orders to inform you that `He' has returned to the village again”, the Anbu answers.
 
“What…?”, Kakashi gasps.
 
“Itachi…”, Sasuke growls under his breath, knowing who exactly they were talking about and who he was after, before bolting away from the group in the direction of Naruto's apartment.
 
“Sasuke…! Wait!”, Sakura shouts, “Where is he going?”
 
“Naruto may be in danger, Sakura”, the Team-captain explains, as he darts past her.
 
“What?”, she screams, quickly following after her team-mates.
 
 
 
 
----------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Uzumaki Residence…
 
 
 
 
“Open up!”, Sasuke demands, pounding on the door, “Naruto, open the door!”
 
“Sasuke, what is the matter?”, Sakura asks, not knowing what was wrong.
 
“What are you guys doing here?”, a female voice questions, causing Team 7 to see Sara standing there dressed in a blue T-shirt with a raised-collar and white tight-shorts that reached her knees.
 
“What are you doing here, Sara?”, her brother inquires.
 
“Well, Natsuki was supposed to meet me to go clothing-shopping, but she didn't show up… So I came to get her, Sasuke-onii-chan”
 
“Natsuki didn't meet up with you either?”, Sakura says.
 
“Yeah… So her brother didn't meet up with you…?”
 
“The door is locked, and no one is answering”, Sasuke states.
 
“I can solve that problem”, Sara replies, pulling out a house-key that didn't go to her our home, “Natsuki gave me an extra-key incase she accidently locked herself out…”, she continues, inserting the key into the lock and turns the knob, opening the door.
 
The three members of Team 7 and Sara rush into the kitchen and the first thing they hear is the sound of snoring coming from the shadowed-table, upon switching on the light they find Naruto slumped over on the table with a large-bowl overturned on top of his head and a small-puddle of saliva dribbling from his mouth.
 
“What the…?”, Sasuke blinks.
 
“Sakura, wake him up…”, Kakashi says.
 
“R-right…”, she nods, going over to her Team-mates side, “Naruto… Hey Naruto… Wake up…”, she whispers, shaking him by the shoulders.
 
“This is weird…”, Sara mutters, walking over to the stove to turn off the burner of the over-boiling pot.
 
“What is weird, Sara?”, Sakura asks, still trying to shake Naruto awake.

“Natsuki wouldn't leave the stove on and go out with Naruto sleeping unless she knew that someone was going to be here to turn it off”, she explains, picking up a note from the counter-top, “See, she left a note…”
 
“Let me see that…”, Sasuke states, trying to take the note from his sister's hand.
 
“You don't have to be rude, Sasuke-kun”, Sakura chides.
 
“I prefer to read it”, she replies, pulling the piece of paper out of his reach, Dear reader,
 
As you must already know by now, Itachi has been spotted in Konoha, most likely after Naruto. I have drugged Naruto and gone off disguised as my brother to try to take him on.
I apologize to you Sasuke-kun for interrupting your goal, but I can't let him get Naruto or harm Sara.
And tell Sara that I'm sorry for breaking my vow to go shopping with her, but this was more important.
 
Signed,
Natsuki.
 
P.S. By the time you're reading this note, the beef-pot should be done, so could you please turn the stove off, if you haven't already!, she read.
 
“That's just great!”, Sasuke groans.
 
“How are we suppose to track them down?”, Sakura questions.
 
“I know a little birdie who can help”, Sara answers, going to the window and finger-whistles loudly, only to be replied by the chirping of a little blue-bird that lands on her out-stretched hand, “Hello Chobi…”, she greets the bird.
 
“A bird… That is how we're going to track our brother…”, her brother flatly states.
 
“Chobi isn't an ordinary bird, he is a special type of Chakra-sensing bird that Natsuki and I trained ourselves…”, she states, defending the tiny creature.
 
“Then let's get going!”, Naruto says, popping his head up and the sleeping-powered finally wore off.
 
“About time you woke up Naruto!”, Sakura growls, punching him up-side the head, “Now get a move on!”
 
“OW! You didn't have to hit me so hard, Sakura-chan!”, he complains.
 
“Get the lead out then!”, she yells, with a raised fist.
 
“I never expected Sakura to be so violent…”, Sara whispers to Chobi, `I hope Natsuki will be alright until we get there…', she mentally prays, looking out the window at the blue-sky.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile…
At One of the Akatsuki's Hideouts…
 
 
 
 
“I see you caught the Kyuubi-brat, despite what happened last month…”, Itachi's tall blue-skinned partner named Kisame says, as he watches the older Uchiha put the limp disguised Natsuki onto the floor.
 
“I know my Genjutsu had no effect on you, so quit faking…”, he states, ignoring Kisame's comment.
 
“Your Sharingan is as impressive as I heard it was…”, Natsuki smirks, despite the being found out as she stood up.
 
“You can also drop the disguise, I know you're not Naruto-kun…”, Itachi adds.
 
“What…?”, Kisame gasps.
 
“Pretty perceptive of you…”, she replies, wiping her cheeks clean of the make-up drawn wickers with the jacket-sleeve, “You're the first person to ever see through me disguises…”, pulling away her brother's off of herself to reveal the clothes she wore underneath.
 
A simple mid-thigh length orange sleeveless Chinese-style dress with a brown broad-belt with a gold lock-shaped buckle, red-orange cloth elbow-guards, and black 2-inch heeled boots, then she pulls off the short-blonde wig from her head allowing her long golden-blonde hair tumble down unbound.
 
“A girl… and she looks like the Kyuubi-brat…”, the blue-skinned ninja mutters.
 
“My real question is, if you knew I wasn't really Naruto why did you kidnap me?”, she asks, pulling out a kunai out of thin-air in preparation for her battle.
 
“…”
 
“Fine then, don't answer me…”, she scoffs, throwing the weapon at her opponent and follows it up with a charge at him while forming hand-seals.
 
`Kage Bunshin no jutsu…', Itachi thinks, recognizing the pattern of seals as he dodges the flying-blade.
 
“Not going to even try to defend yourself!”, she mocks, not realizing that she should have been keeping her attention on both Sara's eldest-brother and his comrade, as Kisame appears behind her swinging his giant-sword; Samehada, slicing through her charka and causing it to completely vanish as it was devoured, preventing her for performing her jutsu.
 
“Foolish girl, you should know better than to not pay attention to others around you”, Kisame sneers, grabbing her by the throat and lifts her into the air, as she wraps her fingers around his wrist try to twist his vice-like grip from her neck and starts kicking the 6'3” ninja trying to get free, “Your struggles are futile girl, with a flick of my wrist I could easily snap your neck like a chickens…”, he taunts, tightening his grip on her neck.
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
DemonGirl-Setsuna: Well? What did you think? Please review!
 
Oh crap!
Natsuki is in some serious trouble now!
 
How will she get out of this?
 
Join me in Chapter 13 to find out!
 
Catch you readers next time!