Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror Image ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mirror Image
 
By. DemonGirl-Setsuna
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
DemonGirl-Setsuna: Hi there! Setsuna here!
 
Welcome back readers!
 
How did you like the last Chapter?
 
Well, never mind that!
 
In other News!
 
So, without further adieu…
 
Here is Chapter 13 of `Mirror Image'!
 
Please Enjoy!
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or anything belonging to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ch. 13
 
Everything Isn't What It Seems 2
 
-------------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
“How does it feel to find out the consequence for tricking us, little girl?”, Kisame taunts, as he continued to hold the kicking 4'9” tall ninja off of the ground by her neck.
 
“Release me, you ugly fish-faced bastard!”, she shouts, finally finding a foot-hold against his chest and tries to use it as leverage to break from his single-hand grip.
 
(A/N: Oh crap!)
 
“U-ugly fish-faced?!”, the blue-skinned ninja growls, tightening his grip by using two-hands around her neck, cutting off her air-supply which causes her feet to slide from his chest and resume kicking at him to try to get free.
 
`Crap… I shouldn't have said that… Is this how I'm to die…?', she thinks, as her vision begins to blur and darken at the edges.
 
“Kisame…”, Itachi sternly says.
 
“Yes, Itachi-san?”, he asks, looking over his shoulder at his partner.
 
“Release her…”, he orders.
 
“What…?”
 
“Are you questioning me?”, he demands, glaring at him.
 
“Fine…”, he sighs, loosening his grasp allowing Natsuki to fall from his hands and land on the ground in a heap before she clutches at her throat coughing and gasping for breath, “I just want to know why though”
 
“She is more valuable to us alive than dead…”, he states, causing Natsuki to momentarily stop coughing as her eyes widen, realizing that she was just bait for her brother.
 
“Huh?”
 
“She needs to be alive to lure Kyuubi's vessel to us, Kisame…”, he explains, confirming Natsuki's theory.
 
“Oh, I get it!”, Kisame exclaims.
 
`Fish-face definitely is lacking in the brains department…', Natsuki concludes in her head, as the one she was mentally bad-mouthing binds her hands together and then ties her feet.
 
“Kisame…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“I want you to leave the room. I wish to speak with our prisoner, alone…”
 
“Sure, Itachi-san…”, he agrees, quickly leaving the room before he angered the Uchiha any further.
 
Natsuki simply sits where she had been dropped and tied-up, and back against the wall as she watches Itachi come towards her.
 
“So tell me, why did you disguise yourself as Naruto-kun?”, he asks, as he crouches down to eye-level with her.
 
She responds by turning her head away from him and closes her eyes with a grumble.
 
“You did it to protect your brother, didn't you Natsuki-chan?”
 
Her eyes snap open and quickly turns her head back to face him, “H-how do you know who I am…?”, she stammers.
 
“There was a rumor floating around that Naruto's twin sister had been discovered to be alive, I simply went to Konoha to verify it…”, he replies, “And since the rumor about you was true, then the rumor about my little sister Sara being alive must be true too…”
 
“If you so much as harm her in anyway, I swear I'll kill you!”, she threatens.
 
“Do not worry, she isn't in any danger…”, he says, “From me anyway…”
 
“What the hell is that suppose to mean?”, she shouts, glaring into his eyes, “I can't believe what you say, you're probably going to kill her like you killed your clan!”
 
Itachi's left eye minutely twitches, the movement being so tiny that it was barely noticeable unless you were paying close attention.
 
“W-wait…”, she gasps, as her anger died down, “You didn't…”, she began to say.
 
“Your rescue-party is here…”, he states, interrupting her, before slightly coughing a little bit.
 
“Wha…?”, she blinks, taking a moment to realize what he had said, `I know I didn't imagine it… That was a hint of regret… What is going on?', she ponders, as he cuts the ropes from around her ankles and lifts her to her feet.
 
“Come on…”, he orders, leading her towards the outside by her bound wrists.
 
“I can lead myself”, she growls, swatting his hand off of her wrists by swiftly pulling them towards herself and starts to walk in front of him.
 
She has to lift her hands up in front of her face to shield her eyes from the bright sun-light, and feels Itachi take hold of the back of her brown leather-belt as her eyes refocus on the small group of 5 that had come to save her standing at the bottom of the cliff she stood on, but she also knew that one of them had also come for another reason as well.
 
“Natsuki!”, she heard Naruto yell.
 
“Hey there Naruto”, she sheepishly replies.
 
“Hello Sasuke…”, Itachi says, looking down on his younger brother.
 
“Itachi…”, the younger male Uchiha growls.
 
“Sara, you're looking well…”, he adds, shifting his gaze towards his long lost sister.
 
“Itachi-ani-san, If you so much have hurt Natsuki I'll…!”, Sara shouts.
 
“I'm fine Sara! He didn't hurt me, but his blue-skinned fish-faced partner did!”, Natsuki informs, `It's good to see Sara not go into shock at the sight of Itachi…', she mentally sighs in relief.
 
“Itachi, you bastard! Return Natsuki, before I have to get physical with you!”, Naruto threatens, causing Natsuki to sweat-drop in embarrassment and Itachi to smirk is amusement from his empty-threat.
 
`Naruto… Aren't you forgetting that you currently don't have the strength to defeat Itachi…', she inwardly groans.
 
“It seems your brother and friends are worried for your welfare, Natsuki-chan…”, Itachi whispers into her ear from behind, “I think I should return you to them…”
 
“Huh…?”, she gasps, not expecting him to say anything like that and turns her head to face him.
 
“But before I do that…”, he continues, gently cupping her chin in his hand, “I'm going to leave you with a parting gift…”, he adds, as his Sharingan shifts and becomes more solid like a three-bladed Shuriken with his pupils turning red, “Mangekyou Sharingan…”, he says.
 
Natsuki truly felt her eye-lids become heavy as she actually fell underneath the powerful Genjutsu of Tsukuyomi, passing out and goes limp in his arms.
 
“If you want your sister back so much, you better be quick and catch her, Naruto-kun…”, Itachi says, lightly shoving her body from his arms and off the cliff.
 
“Natsuki!”, Sara screams, watching in horror as her closest-friend fell head-first off the cliff.
 
Kakashi not letting him-self be distracted by the shock of the unconscious ninja falling leaps forward and catches the plummeting-girl before she hits the ground, landing softly on the ground with her safely in his arms.
 
“That was so cool, Kakashi-sensei!”, Naruto exclaims, easily impressed.
 
“Naruto… this isn't the time right now…”, Kakashi states, sweat-dropping.
 
“Oh, right…”, he mutters, remembering who they are up against, looking up at the cliff towards where their enemy stood.
 
Or should I say, had been standing, but had vanished and left no trace behind.
 
“Damn it…”, Sasuke curses under his breath, upon learning that his target had escaped.
 
“I guess we have no choice now, but to return home to get Natsuki medical-attention…”, the Jounin sighs, positioning Natsuki onto his back.
 
“I agree… Itachi-ani-san probably hit her with Mangekyou Sharingan…”, Sara says.
 
“What makes you say that, Sara?”, Kakashi asks.
 
“Well, when we were growing up and being trained by Hitomi-san. Me and Natsuki had been put through Genjutsu exercises until we were immune to S-rank level illusions, and after I had mastered my Sharingan, we trained until she was immune to all the type of illusions a normal Sharingan could produce…”, she explains, “The only type of Genjutsu that Natsuki could fall under is those created by a Mangekyou Sharingan, only because neither of us have encountered it before…”
 
“Then medical-attention for Natsuki is best…”, Sasuke grumbles, still angry from not being able to truly confront his brother.
 
`You're not fooling me, Sasuke-onii-chan… You're mad from not being to exact your revenge…', Sara thinks, knowing what her twin's feelings were.
 
 
 
 
-------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Half-way Back to Konoha…
 
 
 
 
“Uhh…”, Natsuki groans, as she slowly blinks her blue-eyes open, “What happened…?”
 
“Natsuki?”, Naruto questions, running to her side.
 
“Hey there, Naruto…”, she weakly greets.
 
“Are you alright?”, Sara asks.
 
“Yeah… Why wouldn't I?”, she blinks in confusion, “Let me down, Kakashi…”, she instructs, trying to climb off his back.
 
“Are you sure, Natsuki?”, Kakashi questions, lowering her to the ground.
 
“Yeah, I'm sure…”, she replies, wobbling to stand on her feet.
 
“You were hit with Tsukuyomi?”, Sara inquires, “You should be incapacitated…”
 
“What, the most powerful Genjutsu of the Mangekyou Sharingan…?”, Natsuki asks, “I think so… The last thing I remember his Sharingan changing-shape and him muttering something, and then I blacked out…”, she answers, holding her head.
 
“Do you remember anything else, like what you dreamed of?”, Kakashi questions, knowing of the nightmares Tsukuyomi brought on.
 
“No… I don't recall having neither a dream or nightmare…”, she responds, “Then again I normally don't remember them anyway…”
 
“But what about your tiredness?”, Sakura asks.
 
“That blue-skinned fish-faced bastard swung his sword and devoured my chakra…”, she states, “How else am I supposed to feel…?”, she adds, leaning on her brother's shoulder for support.
 
“The same-thing happened to me when he swung his Samehada when I last encountered him”, Naruto informs.
 
“I think we should still be cautious and have Natsuki looked over by a doctor”, Sara says, worried about her friend.
 
“I said I'm fine… Just give me a day or two of rest and I'll be alright…”, she protests.
 
“Natsuki, just this once… Please take it easy…”, Sara begs, “You never allowed yourself to rest when you were sick before, can't you just this once do as you're told…”
 
“Aw… Please… Not the puppy-dog eyes…”, Natsuki groans, “Fine… I'll rest in the hospital…”, she sighs, giving in.
 
`Works every-time…', Sara snickers in her mind.
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
DemonGirl-Setsuna: Well? What did you think? Please review!
 
Natsuki has a weakness that only Sara can exploit!
 
Join me in Chapter 14 to find out going to happen!
 
Catch you readers next time!