Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken for a Suitor ❯ Sakura! Don't Do It! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Two more days until the band trip! Anyways, thank you so much for all the reviews! You guys are a really great help and support to me and of course, ideas please!
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics-thoughts
 
Chapter Three: Sakura! Don't Do It!
 
Sasuke clenched his hands into fists, his knuckles turning white. Why am I getting so angry over this? It's not like I really care anyway, but how dare he say that!
“And why is that?” Sasuke seethed through clenched teeth.
“Because traitors to the Leaf seem to run in that family! Don't think we don't know what your brother did or that you left the Leaf to join Sound! Even if you still weren't a traitor, I'd still be saying no!” he father snarled.
“Otosan!” Sakura interjected. “What is with you? He wasn't even a suitor in the first place, yet he still went out of his way to meet you! How can you just turn someone down like that? Didn't you bring me up saying that everyone should have a chance?”
“When I meant everyone, I meant every one but the Uchihas! I like that Naruto fellow. He seems to create a good impression on you.”
“But he's engaged!”
“Not to someone that important I presume!”
“He's married to a Hyuuga! Not just any Hyuuga, but the Hyuuga heir!”
“Well, what about that Neji fellow?”
“He's dating Tenten!”
Her father was about to retort, but Sasuke interrupted him.
“Don't worry about it. I was just leaving anyway. I didn't mean to cause you trouble. Gomen,” he said sourly. And with that, he left.
 
“Damn it!” a yell echoed throughout the empty mansion, followed by a loud ripping sound. Sasuke had punched the screen door in frustration causing it tear that resulted him falling through the hole. Ow. Sasuke grumbled as he stood up, pushing the door to the side. That's the fifth one this month! Maybe if I get some sleep on it, it will sort itself out. No, I must train to defeat Nii-san! But a nap does sound nice. No, must not think like that! He banged his head against another screen and fell through yet again. Sigh, this is getting old. Okay, so lets make that six times this month. Cost of repairs: 6, Sasuke: 0. A single thought drifted through his mind. How can I defeat Nii-san if I can't even defeat my own paper screens?
 
Around three in the morning, there was a knock on his door. Geez, who wakes up at this hour? Scratch that, who wakes other people up at this hour? And I thought I woke up early, wait a minute. Oh my god, I overslept! Why didn't the alarm go off at one? Oh yeah, I forgot to push fresh batteries in. He sleepily rubbed his eyes and opened the door. It was Naruto.
“What do you want?” he asked.
“Sakura's standing on the edge of the Hokages' mountain, in the thunderstorm!” he cried, indicating the direction by pointing with his finger.
There's a thunderstorm out there. He saw a flash and a crack of thunder shook the house. Oh. Now what was he saying again? Ah yes, Sakura's on the mountain in a thunderstorm… Sakura's out in the middle of a thunderstorm?!
“Shit,” he cursed. “Why didn't you tell me?”
“I did,” replied Naruto.
Sasuke ran towards the mountain.
“Um, Sasuke?”
“WHAT?!”
“The mountain's the other way…”
 
Sakura was still standing there when the two boys found her. They ran up to her, but the ground was slippery. Sasuke slipped and landed facedown in the mud. Naruto, who was still running, ran over him, pushing his face deeper into the mud. I'm going to kill him when I get my hands on him…
“Sakura-chan, no! Don't commit suicide!” Naruto cried, grabbing her around the waist pulling her back. He lost his footing and landed on his rear end on Sasuke's head when he was just starting to pick himself up. Could this day get any worse? God, I have a request. Please don't answer that.
Naruto got off of Sasuke while Sakura gave the two a strange look.
“Committing suicide? What made you think that?” she asked.
“You're standing on a mountain in the middle of a storm!”
“I like the rain, and the mountain gives me a good view of Konoha. Oh, and Naruto, there's an earthworm on your foot.”
“Ah get it off, get it off!”
His two teammates sweat dropped.
“Sasuke, um gomen.”
Sasuke looked up.
“What for?” he asked.
“For my parents.”
Naruto was still hopping around when Kakashi appeared in front of them for some strange reason. He looked at the three ninjas.
“Looks like you're having fun,” he stated. “Can I join in?”