Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken for a Suitor ❯ My Brother's the Bird Person ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Hey guys! Long time no see! Anyways, I'm glad you all like the story so far! I've gotten nothing but good reviews, so I must be doing something right. Anyways, enjoy chapter four!
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics- thoughts
 
Chapter 4: My Brother's the Bird Person
 
Sasuke was just finishing the repairs for his paper screens, heard a knock at his door.
“Do you need something Sakura?” he asked when he opened the door.
“Um, well, would you like some lunch?” she replied, looking at her feet.
“I'm not hungry,” he stated flatly. At was at this point that his stomach decided to growl. Stupid stomach! You could've growled after she had left! Sakura smiled up at him.
“Your stomach says otherwise.”
“Fine, come in. You can't stay for long though, I have things to do.”
 
“Sasuke-kun?” Sakura asked while they ate.
“Hai?” Sasuke looked at her.
“I know I've said it before, but I'm really embarrassed that my father acted that way.”
“Don't worry about it. Your parents may be a bit on the strange side, but I can handle it.” When I get my hands on him I swear…
They sat awhile in silence once more until Sakura spoke again.
“Can I ask you something?”
“Depends on what it is.”
“I don't mean to intrude but what were your parents like?”
Sasuke put down the rice ball he was eating and looked down at the table.
“My parents…”
“Gomen! You don't have to answer that if you don't want to,” Sakura quickly said. Sasuke sighed and shook his head.
“My parents,” he said, “were opposites of each other. Otosan couldn't have cared less about me or anyone else for that matter. He would only focus on the one who had the most talent and loyalty in the family. Throughout most of my life, he only concentrated on niisan until the last few days of his life.” There was a long pause before he continued. “Okasan was the exact opposite of my father. She loved us the same. I'm sure she still loved niisan right up to her death. She always took us places and she wouldn't look down upon me when I failed to be what my father wanted of me when he did pay attention to me.”
There was another long pause until Sakura asked, “How did the macaw at the zoo manage to bite you?” Sasuke looked at her. Now that was random…
“Well, as I've said before, Okasan had taken niisan and I to the zoo. A macaw came and landed on niisan's arm and it happily let niisan pet it. I was scared of the big bird until he said `See it's a nice bird. Look it's preening itself. It won't hurt you.' So I went to get a better look of the bird and when niisan went to put in on my arm, it bit me on the nose! That bird did not like me for some reason, but loved niisan. It perched on his shoulder the whole time we were at the zoo. Niisan was the bird person, not me. Otosan eventually shooed it away angry when he received bird droppings in his hair. Now I want to ask you something.”
“What?” Sakura questioned.
“Why does your father dislike the Uchiha clan?”
“I don't know.”
“Hn.”
“Besides, it's for the best. You wouldn't have wanted to marry me anyway.”
“What makes you think that?” Great, now why did I have to go and sound like I care?
“Well, I know you also have the goal of restoring your clan, and I would have just polluted the bloodline. I know the Uchihas were famous for their talents at the ninja arts, while I'm not fit to be a ninja. I really have no talent to offer the bloodline anyways. My chakra control is most likely not to be an inheritance. I'm the first in my family to have this talent. Heck, I'm actually the first person in my family to be a ninja. Anyways, I have to go now.”
She trudged out of the house, her face down. Sasuke noticed she was crying. Damn, I really need some advice on girls…