Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken for a Suitor ❯ Spending the Night ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Yes, I'm back! Aren't you guys glad? Anyways, here's the next chapter of “Mistaken for a Suitor”.
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics- thoughts
 
Chapter 6: Spending the Night
 
Sasuke raised his head up as he was lying on his bed when he heard the bathroom door opening. There, right in front of him, stood Sakura. Sasuke nearly fell off the bed when he saw her; he had never seen such a beautiful sight. Sakura's damp hair was a tinge darker than normal from the rain, his clothes sticking to the curves of her wet body, her face flushed, and a look of frustration in those bright, green eyes.
“Nani? Does something strike your fancy? You look like you've just seen an angel,” Sakura said. Sasuke sat up fully on the bed and stared at her, his eyes trailing down her body. I have just seen an angel… He dragged his eyes back up her body, and stopped at her lips. Sasuke trembled. He wanted to throw her to the ground and take her right then and there. That might not be such a bad idea. Wait! Hold it! I thought we established not to go there already! While Sakura had been changing in the next room, Sasuke had been thinking of the many things he had wanted to do to her, scolding himself each time. He resisted the urge not to bang his head on the screen doors. “Sasuke, did you hear me?”
Sasuke shook his head, but it did nothing to clear the images in his head. He turned his head away from her as he flushed scarlet.
“Sasuke, is something wrong?” Sasuke turned around at the sound of her voice and was stunned when he realized she was sitting right next to him on the edge of the bed. Sakura, don't do that. You don't know how much you're tempting me right now…
“Uh, yeah,” he replied, but then mentally cursed. What is with me today? I'd never felt such a strong attraction for Sakura until now!
“Then what's on your mind?” she curiously asked.
“Um,” Sasuke paused. Quick, make up an answer! “Your lips, no I mean-” Sasuke, this is why the truth hurts, but no! You never listen to your sub-conscious… Sakura raised an eyebrow.
“Why?” Sasuke took a deep breath, the question he'd been dreading ever since he met his pink-haired teammate.
“I-I-“ he stuttered, not trusting himself to answer this time. A flash of lightning illuminated the dimly lit room while a low rumble of thundered followed it closely behind. “Well,” he said, changing the subject, “Looks like you'll be staying here tonight Sakura.”
 
A loud crack of thunder resounded and echoed through the Uchiha mansion. Sasuke awoke to a small yelp and in the next instant; Sakura had jumped in with him, shaking in terror.
“What's wrong Sakura?” he asked, looking at the huddled form under his blankets.
There was no reply, but then, “I'm afraid Sasuke-kun.”
“Of what? The storm?” Sakura nodded. Sasuke was taken aback. His Sakura afraid of thunderstorms? There it was again, the possession in front of her name. “Why?”
“When I was little, lightning struck a tree near our house and it crashed through my bedroom ceiling.” Another slap of thunder and Sakura latched himself onto Sasuke's shirt. He involuntarily wrapped his arms around her petite form.
“I find the sound soothing.” She looked up at him.
“Why?”
“When I was really small, I was afraid of thunderstorms myself. Shurkien and kunai, no, but of thunderstorms, yes. I remember jumping into Nii-san's bed because Otosan said it was childish of me to seek comfort from him for such irrational fears, despite Okasan's protests. I'd cry whenever thunder shook the house, but Nii-san said that it was nature's way of talking. Without it, we wouldn't eat or drink. He said it was nature's way of crying, and that I shouldn't cry because that made Mother Earth cry harder,” Sasuke scoffed at his memory.
“Your brother said that?” Sakura asked in disbelief. Sasuke nodded.
“It is hard to believe, isn't it? Looking back on it, it's hard to believe he was my brother at all.”
“How old were you then?”
“Around four or five. It's a pretty long time to be scared of something like rain. Well, at least to me it is.”
“I'm seventeen and I'm still scared.”
“You shouldn't be after what I told you.”
“I know, but it's hard not to.”
“Think about for awhile and the pieces will fit together.” They stayed that way for about twenty minutes, Sakura thinking about what Itachi had told to Sasuke, and what Sasuke told to her. In a short while, the rolls of thunder brought her into the realm of sleep.