Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken for a Suitor ❯ Nii-san Couldn't Cook ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Hey guys! It's been a while, hasn't it? I thank all of you for reading this fanfiction and sticking with me, and to the select few of you who sent me ideas and inspiration (I love you all). Anyways, I'll just stop talking now and see where this chapter leads us this time.
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics- thoughts
 
Chapter 7: Nii-san Couldn't Cook
 
When Sasuke woke up, he was dismayed that Sakura had found her way back to her own bed in the room she was staying in. On the contrary, however, he was pleased to find that it was still raining, giving him hope that she would stay a while longer. Wait a second. That can't be right. I'm only letting her stay because it's raining, nothing else! I feel no mutual attraction to her whatsoever! Sasuke firmly nodded at his resolve. Of course, that agreement didn't last long as arguments settled in his mind. My hormones think otherwise. God damn it, this is not what I had in mind! Sakura walked in, her hand resting on the doorframe to his room. Sasuke looked up. Great, you're not helping Sakura! Sometime during the night, Sakura had taken off the pants he had given her, leaving her only in his overly large shirt that went down to her knees. She looks so innocent. I wonder if she's really as innocent as she looks in bed… What the hell? No! We're not going in that direction, no matter how much I want to! No way! Let's just chain down and lock up those thoughts for now! Hey, that's sort of an oxymoron, isn't it? What is it with me and random thoughts today?
“Um, Sasuke-kun?” Sasuke snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of her voice.
“Hai?”
“Good morning.” She yawned and stretched much like a cat, or so Sasuke thought. I hope she doesn't scratch like a cat when she decides to get hot and sweaty under the sheets with me, though… No! No, no, no! How many times do I have to establish the fact that that's never going to happen? Maybe I'll just settle for scratching her behind the ears instead… Stop it! Come to think of it, I want to be scratched behind the ears. Ah, now that would truly be heaven. Sakura raised and eyebrow when she saw that look on his face that he had on last night when he was thinking dirty thoughts. She'd seen that look on Naruto and Kakashi's face (well, what you could see of it anyways) many a time. She shook it off as Sasuke being weird, or one of those other rare times in his life. She walked in the kitchen, but stopped short and backtracked into his room.
“Oi, Sasuke-kun?” she called out. A startled “hai?” came from him as she interrupted him and his perverted thoughts. “Is it okay if I raid your fridge?” Raid my fridge? She's just as bad as Naruto… Naruto came bounding in all bright and cheery as usual. Speak of the devil… Wait, how'd he get in though? Oh, I forgot to lock the door. I sure hope no one came in and stole my stuff while I was asleep. If they hurt Sakura while they were at it… What is it with my irrational thoughts today?
“Oi, Sakura-chan!” Naruto beamed, bouncing into Sasuke's bedroom. “Did you know your parents are…” he trailed off when he saw Sakura in one of Sasuke's shirts and Sasuke bare-chested lying on his bed and turned bright red. “Oops! Sorry guys! I didn't mean to walk in on you guys when you weren't decent! Boy, you guys sure got it on fast. So you finally did the deed Sasuke-bastard? You sneaky devil, you. So, did my advice…” He trailed off again when he saw the murderous glares he was receiving. He gulped. “Uh, heh heh… Am I interrupting something?”
“Naruto! Get the hell out of my house!” Sasuke roared, forcefully shoving him out the front door and locking it behind him. He looked back at Sakura, panting heavily. “So, what were you saying again?”
“Is it okay if I raid the fridge?” Sasuke paused, considering her question rather carefully.
“Sure, just as long as you make breakfast,” he finally replied.
 
Sasuke was amazed at Sakura's cooking and marveled at how all her dishes seemed to look delicious, but that just might have been him. He was even more stunned when it was actually edible. Boy, with this cooking, she really would make a good wife. I'd be a very lucky man if I married her, waking up to this cooking every morning.
“Where'd you learn to cook so well?” he asked between bites of food.
“My father,” she replied.
“Your father?” Sasuke was confused. In all of his life, he'd never seen his father cook anything. His mother was always the one doing the household chores.
“Hai. My mother can't cook worth beans.” Sasuke nearly choked on his food at the memory that popped into his head. I still can't believe he did that!
“Something funny?” she asked. Sasuke nodded and swallowed. “What was it then?”
“I was about two, making Nii-san about nine when it happened.”
“When what happened?”
“Okasan and Otousan had gone off somewhere, leaving my brother to take care of me. Nii-san took his job to the farthest extent, even cooking dinner for me. I was reading a book or something like that when I heard Nii-san utter some very colorful curse words.”
“Is that why you know so many curse words at such an early age?”
“Hai, but as I was saying. I heard him swearing and went to go investigate. Nii-san was using the stove and smoke was everywhere, which set the smoke detectors off. Me, being the young idiot I was, ran around in circles a few times before picking up the phone and dialing the police, telling them to send a fire squad. Of course, when our parents came home to fire trucks and sirens, well, let's just say they were less than pleased with us. As it turned out, Nii-san had left the stove on, causing him to almost burn the whole house down. Otousan scolded nii-san because of it. Okasan of course, told us that Otousan did almost the exact same thing when he was Nii-san's age, except for the fact that he actually burnt down the house and not just having smoke pouring out from the windows like Nii-san did. Nii-san had a way with birds, but cooking birds, he did not. What's embarrassing though is that he was trying to cook ramen. He never went near the stove again after that.”
“Sounds like something Naruto would do…”
 
While Sasuke was training, Naruto came up to him.
“Oi, Sasuke?” he said.
“What do you want dobe?” Sasuke snapped back.
“How was it?”
“How was what?”
“You know. How was it doing it with Sakura last night?” Sasuke whacked him over the head.
“We didn't do anything!”
“Yeah, sure you didn't.”
“I swear!”
“So, you didn't, you know…”
“No!”
“Shit.”
“What'd you do this time?”
“I went around and told the whole village you did.”
“WHAT?”
 
Author's End Note: What's sad is that I can actually imagine Itachi doing that in a pink, frilly apron. I can also imagine Sasuke running around in circles in a panic. Anyways, the next chapter will be the continuation of Naruto and Sasuke's conversation and how Sasuke has to go through hell and back with Sakura's parents while trying to disprove the rumor that's going around the village. Hope you guys will all look forward to the next chapter!