Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mistaken for a Suitor ❯ Snickering in the Background ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I'm very glad that chapter nine was very well received. Yes, I know Sakura's outburst was sudden, but I thought you guys might like it if I spiced it up a little.
(Watches Sasuke chase after Lee with a kunai because he was flirting with Sakura, and sweatdrops)
-Yuugi-chan
 
Italics- thoughts
 
Chapter 10: Snickering in the Background
 
Sasuke gave his teammate a dumbfounded look. What the hell is she talking about? Sakura covered her mouth with both her hands and flushed a deep scarlet. Her father stood there gaping like a fish. Even though distracted, if only for a moment, her father recovered first.
What did you say?” he asked, seeing if he should believe his ears lest they deceive him.
“I…” Sakura was unable to continue. Sasuke, feeling a bit gutsy from his joy of the statement from Sakura, plastered a cold look on his face, wrapped his arms around Sakura's waist (who was quite startled by the action), and pulled her to him.
“She said she wants to be wife,” he replied in Sakura's stead. Sakura looked up at him. Was that possessiveness she saw on his face? Sasuke-kun is a tad bit overprotective. He's jealous of my own father.
“I know what she said!” her father snarled, now purple in the face. Before he could open his mouth again to spit something back out at the boy he loathed, Sakura's mother came streaking out of the house and literally jumped on Sasuke in happiness.
“I didn't think Sakura would decide that quick!” she squealed. “Oh, how my little girl is all grown up now!” At this point, she tackled Sakura into a bear hug so Sakura had to struggle to get the words out of her mouth.
“Okasan,” she gagged, “I didn't mean it!” Everyone froze to this sentence, this small statement or declaration (whichever you prefer). Sasuke's shoulders slumped in defeat. Damn. I can't win, can I?
“Ha! I knew it!” cried her father.
“But why not?” questioned her mother.
“Well, what about the other suitors? I mean, there's Lee-san and that other guy who took me out to dinner two weeks ago,” Sakura replied. Sasuke's eyes narrowed. What is she think about them for? It's supposed to be me! Me!
“Sakura, I'm leaving!” he spat out sourly to her.
“Nani?”
“You heard me! Don't come around to my house anymore if you're not serious about something!” And with that, he stomped off.
 
Sasuke sat on his bed and put his head in his hands. Damn it. He flopped down on his back and closed his eyes, his head hanging of the edge of his bed. It's a comfortable position, but all the blood is rushing to my head. He didn't move despite his thoughts. A cool breeze came through the window, ruffling his hair. He heard a knock at his door. What now? I don't want to get up. Nevertheless, he went to the door (quite reluctantly might I add). It was Sakura.
“I told you to stop coming here,” he said bitterly.
“But, why?” she asked, a sad look on her face.
“Because you lie!”
Sakura choked back a sob.
“I'm sorry,” she said. “I'll stop coming.” Tears starting running down her face and Sasuke couldn't stand the sight of it. Great. How can I resist such a pitiful sight? Sasuke was snapped from his thoughts as Sakura turned and walked away. He started and grabbed her hand.
“Wait.” Sasuke tugged on her arm, causing her to fall back on his chest. His arms tightened compulsively around her. “Wait.”
“Why?” she asked. “You don't want me around.”
“No,” he said, shaking his head. “That's not true.”
“Then why?”
“I don't know. I'm just upset about earlier, I guess.” Great, now I'm getting all soft and emotional! Must put on cold demeanor. Must put on cold demeanor! He let her go and flopped back down upon his bed once again. Great, just great! Now I forgot what I was thinking about! Must think of revenge. But Sakura is kind of cute. No, revenge you stupid idiot! Revenge! He heard the door close behind someone in the next room. You stupid idiot! Now Sakura left! Now what am I supposed to do?
“Uh, Sasuke-kun?” Oh, she didn't leave, never mind then…
“Hai?” he said without looking up.
“Otousan wants a word with you.”
“There is absolutely no way in hell I'm talking to your father.”
“And why not?”
“Because I just don't like him.”
“I know that, but that doesn't change the fact that he still wants to speak with you.”
“Why should I?”
Sakura left out a long breath. “Fine, do what you wish.”
“That's better.”
“You know I'm not always going to be this lenient.”
“Since when?”
“Is there any way I can finish a sentence without you asking a question in the middle?”
“No.”
“Figures. Have you made anything to eat?”
“No.”
“Why not?”
“I'm not hungry.” Well, at least not hungry for my cooking anyway. I want to eat your cooking! Say the stupid words already! Say, “I want you to could for me!” But no, you have to go and listen to your stupid, blind pride!
“You want me to cook for you, is that it?”
“No.” How the hell did she know? I'm I really that easy to read?”
“Yes you do.”
“Fine, alright. I want to your cooking! Happy now?”
“Maybe.” Great, now she's going all questiony on me!
“Oh, I almost forgot. I brought you something.”
“And what would that be?”
“Tomatoes.” Tomatoes! Yay! She brought me tomatoes! I'm in heaven! Thank you god!
“So?”
“So what?”
“So why did you bring me tomatoes?”
“Because I know you like them.”
“I could always get some from the store.”
“God damn it Sasuke! When someone gives you a gift, you're supposed to take it and thank him or her for it! I worked hard growing these tomatoes and now you say you can just go to the store to get them!” She grows tomatoes? Now she really would be the perfect wife. Another knock was heard at the door. Sakura went and answered it.
“Oh, hey Lee-san.” Sasuke sat bolt upright, causing him to knock his head on lamp hanging from the ceiling. Sasuke landed right back onto the bed from the impact. Ow. That's going to leave a mark. When did that lamp get so low?
“Gomen, I didn't mean to forget about our date,” he heard Sakura say. DATE? DID SHE JUST SAY DATE? All the while Naruto had a confused look on his face.
“Why are you calling me thick brow's name?” Sakura lightly punched.
“Don't call him that! Besides, have you ever seen Sasuke in over-possessive mode?”
“No.”
“So shut up and play along.”
“Sorry about leaving so early Sasuke-kun. I have to go now.”
“You are not leaving. There is no way I'm letting you go out on a date with “him”. Snickering could be heard in the background. “What's so damn funny?”
“You are way too over-protective. I can have some fun ever once and awhile.” Fun? What does she mean by fun? Oh my god, don't tell me she's having sex with him! Naruto burst out laughing at the horrified expression on his best friend's face.
“Nice face Sasuke-bastard!” he called out.
“Naruto! When the hell did you get here?”
“Five minutes ago.”
“You and Lee are in this together, aren't you?”
“No. Lee's not even here!”
“Sakura…” Sasuke was now turning purple.
“Sorry, I couldn't help myself!”
“THAT IS NOT FUNNY!” The whole room went quiet and the echo from Sasuke's roar could be heard throughout the room.
“Uh, heh heh. I better be going now,” Naruto said and ran out the door.
“Oi, Naruto! Wait for me! I owe you one! I'll take you to the ramen shop! My treat!” Naruto let out I giant whoop and raced Sakura all the way there. I am going to kill them as soon as I get my hands on them…
 
Author's End Note: Nope, Sasuke and Sakura's dad don't have to put up with each other just yet. Just wait for it and be patient! Ideas are coming slowly.