Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ My Love For You ❯ What!? ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Haku walked out of the tea house, very furious. "Haku-san, Lord Hokage wishes to see you," said a voice from behind him. "I see, thank you," Haku said as he walked past the ninja.
 
 
 
 
Haku walked up the steps of the Hokage tower only to see Hinata come up behind him. "Hinata-chan, were you called too?" Haku was sort of scared, and very surprised to see her. "I... uh... Well the Hokage has summoned me... Were you summoned too... Haku-kun?" Hinata was looking ahead as they went up another flight. "Yes, I wonder why we both were summoned. This is going to be interesting," Haku started as he opened the door for Hinata. "Y... yes," Hinata said as she and Haku went to the front desk. The lady up there told them to go in.
 
 
 
 
 
"Haku-san, Hinata-san, welcome, we shall start our 'conversation' when Gaara-san, Kankuro-san, Neji-san, and Naruto-san arrive," The 3ed said as they sat. Haku looked at Hinata. This definately couldn't be good. The 3ed was calling Gaara, Kankuro, Neji, and Naruto, could he of found out that Haku had Hinata watch Temari? He couldn't of! But... then why was he calling them? Haku sighed. There was no point in worrying, after all, he wasn't being arrested, nor was he in trouble, yet. Haku then thought about Hinata. She risked her career as a shinobi just to help him out! Well not really, come on, the 3ed was a pretty understanding guy. Poor Hinata, she looked scared. Why did he have to involve her again? To have Gaara and Kankuro get off his back. Plus he was somewhat curious about if Temari was doing okay. Haku broke out of thought as Neji walked in. "Ah, Neji-san, please take a seat beside Haku-san," the 3ed instructed as Neji sat down. Neji gave Haku an icy stare as Haku turned away from Hinata. Shortly after Gaara and Kankuro arrived. Then sometime passed and Naruto came. "All right, now that you all are here, why don't we just go to the point." The 3ed was looking at them all in a cool manner, that said that he wasn't going to play with them. Haku looked into his eyes, while everyone sat still. "Today, someone tried to kill Lady Temari in her hospital room. Whomever it was left a note for Haku. The note says that the person wants Haku to meet them in the Mist, or next time they won't ALMOST kill her, they will." At his words, the group sort of froze. Haku started to tremble at the thought that he almost lost Temari, and he grew angry at the fact that someone was trying to kill her. "Of course, we have some of our best shinobi watching her now. But we cannot guarrentee her safety because of the fact that the room was guarded well before the attempt." Haku saw that some of the group was nodding along. But this was strange, how was someone able to go into a room that was so serverely guarded and not be caught? "So, we have arranged for you all to go to the Mist." At his words they all looked at him with surprise. "Lord Hokage, I thought I was not allowed to leave this village!" Haku said in shock. "Normally, you are not, Haku-san, but since they person also thretened to kill everyone in a 5 mile radious afterword, we haven't a choice." Haku could feel a sort of happiness flow through him at the Hokage's words. "Back to the mission, Haku-san will be the captain, since he knows where to go. Neji-san will be vice-captain, and Gaara-san, Kankuro-san, Naruto-san, and Hinata-san will all join in. Normally, we would assign Jonin or Chuunin to accompany Haku-san, however, the person said, if that were to happen, they wouldn't hesitate in killing Temari-chan, or those people." This was sounding very dangerous to Haku. Sure those people he was assigned with are good, however, could they prove that they wouldn't die? He all ready knew that Gaara wouldn't, but Kankuro, Neji, Naruto, and Hinata, they seemed a bit ify. "Now, you're mission will start tommarow at dawn, you will have a long trip ahead, so pack well." The 3ed instructed as they all arose.