Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ My Love For You ❯ The Begining of a Long Journey ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Haku, Gaara, and Kankuro stood at the village enterance awaiting their comrades. Looking over, he saw Kankuro yawn, and Gaara was just looking at the ground. Haku let out a laugh, causing Kankuro and Gaara to look at him. "What's so funny," Kankuro asked as he gave a ticked off look to Haku. "Nothing, just thinking. Please, go on with whatever you were doing, Kankuro-san," Haku said politely.Kankuro looked at him for a moment, then turned away. "G...good morning Haku-san," Hinata said as she and Neji walked toward them. "Good morning to you both as well," Haku said cheerfully. The 5 of them stood there waiting for Naruto. "WHERE IS THAT BRAT!?" Kankuro yelled as it was almost dawn. "RIGHT HERE!" Naruto yelled as he came running up to them. "ABOUT TIME, IDIOT!" Kankuro yelled back. Haku could see that if this was to continue,, they would be here till afternoon. "All right, everyone pick up your stuff, and let's go." Haku instructed as he picked up his bag.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Haku had forgotten how it felt to be out of a village and into a road. It seemed so... So good. Being out among the freash air was a nice reminder that he was alive. "Um... Haku-kun, what is the Mist village like?" Hinata's voice seemed as quite as ever. "It's cold in winter, and it's pretty. In fact, this time of year it'll be covered in snow. By the way, the Mizukage, do not expect him to be friendly towards any of you." Haku voice shown more hatred at the end than anything else. "Why... why Haku-kun," Hinata asked him while looking at him. "Because, the reason I could not leave the village, is the same reason he hates me. He doesn't like the Leaf village for supporting me. So he will not, in turn not like the Leaf ninjas." Haku pointed out to them. "What did you do that could possiblely make someone hate you that much," Naruto asked him in curiousity. "I was apart of a group who was going to try to assassinate the Misukage." At that Naruto, Hinata, and Neji looked at him in shock. "W... what!?" Naruto screamed out as he was the first to be able to speak. "Haku-kun... What do you mean you tried to assassinate the Mizukage," Hinata asked as she also regained her voice. "I was working for Momochi Zabuza, he had a plan to take over the Mist. He had paid people to work for him, but he didn't pay me. I worked for free." Haku stopped there to see their faces before going on. Naruto looked disgusted, Hinata looked surprised, and Neji was Neji. "You see, Zabuza-sama is my precious person, I would do anything for him. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here." Haku stopped to wipe a tear out of his eye. "He is like a father to me. I would die to protect him. So that is why I couldn't have him pay me." Naruto and Hinata's expressions seemed to have softed the more he explained. "Explain to me Haku, why you are still alive if such charges are against you?" Neji didn't seem to happy about what he was hearing. "Because, I have a deal with the Hokage and the Mizukage." Haku said in hopes that Neji would drop it. "Hmm... I see, you're lucky, most wouldn't of had that sort of luck." Neji stated. "I understand that. But anyway, back to the subject, I didn't do the attempted assassination, Zabuza-sama did. Though I did kill many people, and helped him to gain access to the Mizukage." Naruto seemed to be angry, but he seemed to understand. Hinata didn't seem as frightened. But Neji, he looked rather interested. "After that Temari-chan found me, took me to the Sand, we were attacked, and then we escaped to the Leaf. That is what the Mizukage doesn't like me for, and that is why he most likely won't like you all. I'm sorry to involve you in my comflict." Haku looked down with tears in his eyes. "It's all right Haku-kun," Hinata said trying to confort her friend. "Yeah Haku-san, that's then, this is now, and besides, this'll be fun!" Naruto said with a grin on his face. "Thank you both," Haku said as he wiped his eyes. Haku then looked at the sky, they had been walking all day. "Okay, it's almost dark, let's stop here, we'll rest, and leave in the morning." Haku said as everyone started to set everything up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Haku sat by the fire on first watch for the night. He looked out at the distant sky. It was so pretty tonight. Looking out at the moon and stars reminded him of the nights when he and Temari sat out in the desert. He missed that so much. At times like this, that is when he really missed Temari. His heart started to ach at the thought of her so far away now. "Temari-chan, please stay safe," Haku whispered to himself as the night went on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Haku awoke to see Naruto snoring, Neji talking in his sleep, Hinata drooling, Kankuro cuddling up to Gaara's teddy, and Gaara looked as if he was going to hurt Kankuro. As he rose up from his sleeping bag, he saw Gaara turn to look at him. "You... you talked in your sleep about a girl. You said the name Ichigo, you talked about killing her. Oh, the wonderful details you put, I wish i could have seen it," Gaara said satisticly. "Gaara-san, calm down. Or I will not ever tell you EVERY little detail about that murder," Haku threaten. Gaara just gave him an icy stare. Haku then heard Hinata yawn. That was soon followed by them all waking up. After they all ate, they left.