Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ My Love For You ❯ The Return to Konoha ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Haku and company, said their good byes to Izumi. She had made sure to have Kirai put in a mental insitute. It had sadded her so to do it, but it had to be done. Haku had asked Izumi to join them in returning to Konoha, however she declined, saying that she needed to stay near her brother. So they all walked away, as Izumi waved them off in the distance. Haku saw Gaara look somewhat dissapointed, while Izumi turned into a little speck. Smiling, Haku couldn't wait to return to Konoha!
 
 
 
 
 
It took 3 days for the whole journey back to Konoha, but it was well worth it! At their arrival, they saw that something was wrong. Part of the village was in shambles!
"What in the world happened while we were gone," Kankuro asked from in back.
"I don't know, but we better go see Lord Hokage!" Haku said while he led them through.
 
 
 
 
 
The gang entered the Hokage Tower to see no one there. This was off.
"Where is everyone?" Naruto asked aloud.
"I don't know, but this isn't good." Haku said to him, putting his guard up.
The air became very tence as the silences' deadly feel sank in. Haku's AMBU training told him that they should slit up and try to fuguar out what happened. If this was what it looked like, and that was a attack on the village, then it would be safer. However, it could prove deadly too... It was smart but stupid at the same time.
"Neji-san, take Naruto-san, Gaara-san, take Kankuro-san, and Hinata-chan come with me. We're spliting up, we will meet back here in an hour, if someone finds out what went on here; then return sooner." Haku didn't stay to hear their complaints, he and Hinata went on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Haku and Hinata couldn't believe it. The village was still in tact, but there were Sound ninja bodies everywhere! Something didn't add up... Wait, weren't the Chuunin exams just starting before they left? Naruto, Kankuro, Gaara, Neji, amd Hinata had been promised that they would be promoted to Chuunin since their last mission had been up to that standard. Anyway, if the Chuunin exams were almost over, then Lord Hokage must be watching them! So if that were true then it would have to be in the areana they were in last year!
"Hinata-chan, follow me!" Haku instructed her leading her towards the areana.
 
 
 
 
 
 
From the areana, noises of kunai hitting one another could be heard from outside of it. Haku and Hinata rushed into the building to see people sleeping, and some fighting off Sound ninjas. Haku looked up to where the Hokage was suppose to be to see a sheld blocking anyone from entering, or exiting. This so wasn't good. Haku knew he couldn't break the barrior but it wouldn't hurt to check it out.
 
 
 
 
Once up next to it, he could see two people at each side of it from where he was standing. Suddenly, he was attacked. Lucky for him, Hinata quicky took out the ninja.
"Haku-san, we can't stay here..." Hinata pointed out to him.
"You're right, besides we need to meet the others." Haku replied while they started to head back.
 
 
 
 
 
"So what did everyone find out?" Haku asked them all in hopes they found out anything.
Everyone nodded their heads no. Haku knew that this place wasn't safe, but where was it safe? Deciding that they might as well stay, Haku took a seat.
"Haku-san, what are we going to do now?" Naruto asked seemingly mad.
"We are going to wait..." Haku said calmly.
"Wait, hold on! I have to find Sasuke-teme!" Naruto yelled at him.
"Stay Naruto-san, Sasuke-san will be fine, so will Sakura-san, and everybody else for that matter." Haku thought he might of brushed it off too lightly, but just shoved it off.
Naruto was restless, but he didn't ague with Haku.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hours later, some ninja returned to the Hokage Tower. Haku and company then heard the news of the 3ed's death. It was a hard blow, however they knew that everything was going to be okay. Haku, Gaara, and Kankuro immediately wanted to know if they could see Temari. Tsunade didn't decline, saying that they deserved to see her. And so they all departed from one another.