Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto...my friends...soo don't mix! ❯ Tazuna ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cell 7 was truly excited as my friends and I came from our hiding places.
 
“How does that get us to pass?” Sakura asked.
 
I began to sway again I was so tired. I yawned, then said, “You two set aside the fact that you both dislike Naruto,” He shuddered a little at the thought, “And decided since you thought you'd be fighting again, to make sure all three of you had enough energy to win.” I was standing next to Kakashi in front of Sakura, with my team behind me. Stacy and her team were on his other side.
 
“But what does that have to do with ninjutsu?” Naruto asked. Since I'd been giving the explanations they'd been getting less and less information considering I don't know the book word for word, and I couldn't take it out to give the perfect speech.
 
I yawned, and looked to my sensei not wanting to answer again. “Everyone knows that those who disobey the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends or teammates are even worse scum.” I nodded.
 
“How do you know all this?” Naruto asked. “Your our age!” my eyes widened.
 
“How do I know all this?” I repeated. “Didn't the hokage tell you why I'm your adviser?” he shook his head. I sighed. “Well you don't need to know.” He looked disappointed. I rolled my eyes.
 
“I know why.” I looked wide eyed at Tristan.
 
“You wouldn't.” I asked him. He had an evil look on his face. I shifted uncomfortably. What was he thinking? I clenched my fist ready to raise it, and punch him if needed.
 
“Tori! Control your anger!” Samantha said.
 
“Tristan! Don't be such an idiot!” Paige said.
 
We glared at each other. “Well we're done for the day.” Kakashi said, and thank god he said it, because I was so tired. “What do you say we all go home?” He asked. We all nodded, but not before Tristan tried to get me back.
 
He swung his fist at me. I caught his wrist before it could reach me. If there was one thing I'd been doing all my life, it was blocking punches. My friends, cell 7, and even Kakashi were amazed.
 
“Tristan what are you trying to do?” I asked him, without even looking at him. “Dude! In Ratman I used to hit Eddie all the time!”
 
“Friendly punches!” he said defensively.
 
“Yeah right!” I laughed. “Just, because he was my sisters boyfriend doesn't mean that those were friendly punches!” His jaw dropped. “I'm not even friendly with my sister! I still have a scare from when she dug her nails into my arm! And the time I broke my foot it happened because the two of us were fighting. I don't go easy on anyone! Remember that!” He nodded. I think I'd scared him a little bit. I relaxed my grip, and he took his arm back. I exhaled. Samantha looked at me. “What?”
 
She rolled her eyes to the sky. “You seriously need to calm down.” She said.
 
“I'm calm now.” I said, as we began to walk as a group.
 
“No offense.” Sakura said. “But you're a little scary.”
 
“I know.” I said calmly. “Last year someone I know wrote “don't hurt me” in my yearbook. It was actually quite funny.”
 
“Who wrote that? Daniel?” Samantha asked.
 
“Of course.” I said. “Are you kidding no one else would be brave enough to write that.” She nodded thoughtfully.
 
After a little while my thoughts shifted from happy or content to upsetting. “What's wrong?” Samantha asked me quietly. The two of us walked ahead so we could talk. “Why are you thinking about Chris? You hate him.”
 
“Yeah I do.” I replied, “But I doubt I'd hate him if he wouldn't be so evil.” She nodded. “I mean I never start things with him. He starts things with me!” I was becoming increasingly louder, “He doesn't have to comment on every single little thing I do wrong! He could lay off for once.”
 
“I know. I know.” She said calmly realizing that a few people were looking at us now. “He doesn't have to be like that, and he shouldn't because you're an amazing person!” I rolled my eyes sadly. “If your gonna be like that then I can't help you.”
 
“Your right.” I said. “You can't help me.” She sighed, and the two of us fell back into our little group. Sasuke departed from the group, and the 8 of us kept walking. I stayed pretty silent as I walked in front of Kakashi. I sort of wished he would've played with my hair the way he always did to Naruto, and Sasuke. I sighed. I may be apart of his team, but no where near as important as the main three. This was supposed to be a happy day for them, I shouldn't drag down their mood after all they're the first team to pass Kakashi's survival exercises. Were they? Or were we? Had we just changed the story from them being first to us being first? I suppose it doesn't matter after all that wasn't too important to the story line. The most important thing was that they keep the story on track. Suddenly I felt a warm feeling on my shoulder. I looked to my side, and found a gloved hand sitting on my shoulder. I looked up, and found my sensei giving off a strange look. I turned, and stared at him causing the whole group to stop. He lifted his hand. What the heck was he doing? “What was that for?” I asked.
 
“If your friend can't help you someone must be able to.” Kakashi said. Apparently he was different from how he was in the book too, they probably all were in the moments in their life that were unscripted. I sighed, and looked away.
 
“Sakura we can stay with you again can't we?” I asked.
 
Samantha looked at me upset, she could tell I was avoiding my problems the way I always did. I preferred to act as if my problems didn't exist rather than confront them. Sakura nodded.
 
“Tristan why do you challenge Tori when you know she's so powerful?” Sakura asked.
 
I smiled to myself, finally respect. We continued to walk. “Where'd that come from?” Tristan asked.
 
“Well it's true.” Sakura said. “Her team was not only less afraid, but she also beats you out in singing.” I smiled brightly considering I'd lived my life being told I was no good as a singer.
 
“You think she's good?” Tristan asked. Sakura nodded. “That's new.” I was shocked. Tristan was mean, but I didn't think he was that mean. I couldn't help, but let the tears roll down my cheeks. I was tired of all the disrespect. I wanted respect! For once…
 
~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -
 
“Why can't we get real missions?!” Naruto asked the hokage. Who explained about the ranks of the missions, and how he'd give us a C ranked mission. I gasped. Was it that time already? I'd totally forgotten since I'd been living off my ability not knowledge lately. Subconsciously the six of us had split into our two teams. Mine got along wayyy better, probably because we didn't have Tristan. Sakura had become very close to the six of us, and was like one of the gang. Her parents had even bought us some clothes and shoes seeing how little we had. Slowly over the weeks I'd become happier than the day of survival training, of course I still had that easily activated temper but people had come to realize it wasn't smart to activate my temper, especially Tristan who I'd grown out of liking.
 
I looked over at Stacy who was spending increasingly more time with just Tristan and Haley, less with Sakura, Samantha, Paige, and Me. She too could tell what was about to happen. It was time to protect Tazuna the bridge builder. I was actually a little excited. My friends, and I had learned a lot of tricks, and what not. Amazingly we were enjoying this world more than our own.
 
“You expect these little kids to protect me?” Tazuna asked. I smiled. “What are you smirking at little girl?” I knew he was talking about me, because I, like Naruto, am shorter than the rest of the group.
 
“Oh nothing, sir.” I said mockingly. I was in an obviously good mood, and he was obviously going to look down upon me. I'd change that during the very first fight. I certainly wouldn't end up like Naruto… frozen.
 
I could tell the inner Sakura was enjoying this.
 
~ - ~ - ~ - ~ -
 
We were all standing outside the gates of Konoha, and Naruto was rambling on about being a traveler now. I felt very comfortable in my new outfit which I'd purposely picked out since I knew what would happen. I was wearing the sandals Sakura's parents had bought me, and a nice skirt who's design matched that of the bottom of Sakura's outfit considering she'd given it to me, and of course I was wearing shorts under. Then my top, which I'd bought with money the owner of the ramen shop had given me the last time I'd worked. I was happy with the situation we'd came up with. We decided that if I had the day off I'd work at the shop so I could get some extra pocket money.
 
“Naruto would you grow up?” I asked. “You've just walked out the gate.” I pointed at the town which gave him a sour expression.
 
“Yeah I guess.” He said sourly. I was shocked. Naruto doesn't give into anyone…ever! This is a little scary I must admit.
 
“Hey Sakura.” She looked at me. “Is it me, or did Naruto just give in?”
 
She laughed. “It's certainly not just you!”
 
“Do they really expect these kids to guard me?” Tazuna said.
 
“Don't worry, sir.” I said. “We're with Kakashi Sensei, and he's a jounin, that's an elite ninja. So even if us poor little genin,” which I said faking being a helpless little girl in a mock two-year-old voice, “can't help you, we still have him!” He looked truly annoyed and perhaps a little disturbed, which simply made me laugh.
 
“I know she doesn't seem like much, but she's the most powerful of her team.” Kakashi said. I smiled, and began to bounce on the ball of my foot happily. Perhaps Samantha was right, and he really could end up really respecting me.
 
We all began to walk on. I kept an eye out for puddles, but until I saw one I stayed happy chatting with my team, and Sakura. When I finally saw one it was a different story. I kept alert simply waiting for those ninja to come from the puddles, and attack us. Then it happened.
 
Kakashi looked around at all his students, unable to see one, in fact no one could see her, actually no one could see me considering I was invisible. “Heh. Easy.” I muttered. Paige took my lead, and a lion soon replaced her. In this form Paige was very strong so a few missions ago the three of us had come up with one battle position that called for her to become a lion, and then I'd use her as a way to travel, and from there attack. So far it had been extremely successful each time we'd used it. Paige was the distraction, I was the trap, and Samantha was the threat or attacker.
 
I sat on Paige's back who gave out a loud roar nearly causing Tazuna to fall over. “Onward.” I whispered to Paige, who gave another roar, and pounced. She knocked one of the ninja over. The other one was on his way to get to Tazuna, or Naruto I couldn't quite remember. At this point there was no reason to call upon Samantha to attack. Instead I simply took out my kunai, and stabbed him making myself visible in the process.
 
I slid off of Paige, and she returned to herself as she got up, and wiped her self off. Sasuke was taking care of the other ninja.
 
“It was sad how easily we did that.” I whispered to Paige who nodded. I took my kunai out of the ninja's stomach, and wiped it on the dirt, before putting it back in it's place. By now Sasuke had taken care of the other ninja.
 
“Naruto be careful.” Kakashi said. “There's poison in these claws. Don't move it'll just spread it.”
 
Naruto went into his “I'm too young to die fret. I grabbed his shoulder.
 
“Naruto calm down.” I said. “Stop moving, and there's less of a chance you'll die.” He looked worried. I smiled sweetly.
 
“Sorry Naruto I would've helped you, but I didn't think you'd freeze up like that.” Kakashi said.
 
“What was the point of having the genin fight the ninja when they could've been seriously harmed?” Tazuna said.
 
“He could've beaten the ninja easier than we did.” I said before Kakashi could, I missed being able to take words out of his mouth. He wasn't used to this happening any more, but remembered how I'd done it so much on the day of survival training, and simply sat by, and let me answer. “But then he wouldn't know who they were after. Ninja after ninja or ninja after you.” This I said accusingly. He looked back at me somewhat nervous, knowing he was a liar. “Because if someone were after you it would make this a B ranked mission, in some cases A, for elite ninja. Well bridge builder what's going on? They're obviously after you.”