Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto...my friends...soo don't mix! ❯ Zabuza ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I yawned. I was so tired from walking all that way, and happy to be finally sitting down. I had to use this boat trip to rest up, because we'd be against Zabuza soon enough and I could easily let Naruto take care of getting Zabuza out of the water prison, but then I could never show off my new “invisible weapon technique”. “Ugh.” I muttered as Tazuna explained about how Gato was after him so they wouldn't be able to build the bridge. Naruto had already made his oath wound thing. My friends didn't like that part, because even Sakura who had memorized a lot of Rent songs began singing “La Vie Boheme B” after we called Naruto a massequist.
 
“Oy Tori.” I looked at Tristan. “Did you know about this?”
 
Samantha shook me. “Why the heck are you so tired?” She asked.
 
“Dangit Samantha.” I said annoyed. “Why are you being so….”
 
“Childish?” Paige asked.
 
“I was going for immature, but that works.” I said. Paige laughed, as our group stepped off the boat.
 
“Really did you know about this?” Haley asked.
 
“Maybe.” I said like my friend Lilith, better known as Geany.
 
“You little…”
 
“Don't finish that sentence Haley.” I said holding up a hand to stop her.
 
“Stop telling me not to cuss.”
 
“Then stop telling us your going to become a nun.” She scowled.
 
“Leave me alone.” She muttered.
 
“Gladly.” I said.
 
“How do you what's going to happen before it happens?” Naruto asked.
 
“You…”
 
“Don't need to know.” He finished sourly for me. He'd become accustomed to me answering that, the same way my friends were accustomed to me telling Samantha to “pick up a book, and stop reading me”.
 
“Yes, you don't.” I said.
 
“Do you say anything else?” Sasuke asked.
 
“Mr. Emo talks.” I whispered to Samantha who yelled “Emo people rock!” I rolled my eyes.
 
“Do you say anything at all?” I asked him. He smirked. “You think you're so powerful, and I admit you will be, but the key word is will. Your not all-powerful yet despite how you act.”
 
“Kellie would kill you.” Samantha whispered.
 
“Rebecca would too, but neither of them are here.” I replied. “They're back in boresville.” She laughed.
 
“What are you two mumbling about?” Tristan asked.
 
“Oy…umm…Ratman!” I said quickly.
 
“Yeah right.” Tristan said.
 
“How would you know?” I asked rudely. He was really getting on my nerves.
 
“Phoebe! Phoebe! Phoebe!” Paige shouted. She'd been calling me that lately due to my temper.

I turned to her, and shouted “Monica! Monica! Monica!”
 
“I am not Monica!” She said. “I ain't high maintenance.”
 
“So what are you saying about me?” I asked.
 
“You're like Phoebe you have a bit of an edge.” She said.
 
“Eh whatever Phoebe's awesome!” I said. I turned to Tristan. “And how would you know?!!?”
 
“Because you'd tell me what you were saying if it were merely about Ratman.” He said coolly.
 
“Yeah right!” I said. Our group was walking through the forest I knew that we were doomed to soon meet Zabuza, but Tristan was making me so mad I wasn't about to shut up. Why couldn't he stay in his business? Ever?! Perhaps he thought it was his job to piss me off. “Why would I tell you anything?” He opened his mouth to say something. “Save it, and leave me alone for once why don't cha?” He looked amazed. He knew I liked to vocal fight, or debate, so he would start up those fights therefore he was wondering why I'd not want to fight like that. It's not that I didn't want to fight, it's that I wanted to physical fight, and get out of this tired state.
 
I sighed, as we kept walking. I wasn't paying attention to the other's conversation until…
 
Wham!
 
Naruto hit that snow hare or whatever it is with his kunai. It was time. I let slip a small gasp.
 
“What?” Sakura asked making me jump slightly, I hadn't known she was there. “Amazed at his stupidity too?”
 
“Oy no.” I said. Sakura looked at me inquisitively. “I don't know what to say.” I was in a trance-like state. I was fixed on the spot Naruto had thrown his Kunai.
 
“What are you staring at?” Sakura asked. I merely disappeared. “Tori why do you always have to do that?” She moaned. I laughed slightly. Sakura was beginning to hate that, and everyone else, was beginning to really hate that.
 
Kakashi watched as Tori disappeared. “Hmm. She only does that during battles, and missions. Never for no reason at all.” He muttered.
 
“What was that sensei?” Kiss up Haley asked.
 
“It's time.” He replied. She gave him a confused look.
 
“Sensei what are…” She began, but was cut off by a giant sword thing or whatever hit a tree.
 
Everyone looked over as Zabuza stood conceitedly on his sword or whatever, giving his little speech.
 
Tazuna looked a tinge worried. Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke, Haley, Samantha, Tristan, and Paige all looked amazed. Me and Stacy were simply waiting to fight.
 
“Who's missing?” Samantha muttered.
 
“No ones missing, it's just that Tori's invisible again.” Paige answered.
 
I twirled my kunai on my finger careful not to hit anyone. Now Zabuza was on the ground ready to fight, as was our sensei. Gosh he's so amazing. I went into a dreamy state. Dang I wish I could fight like him. I sighed, my newly normal bouncy self was extinguished. Here I was all upset again. Dangit I've simply gotta be the one to get him out of the water prison, I just have to!
 
I became visible again, behind everyone else therefore I was still unseen by Zabuza, also still twirling my kunai. I hummed the tune to “Seasons of Love”. It always made me feel kinda happy. Everyone around me was so serious. So intense it was a little scary. And there I was humming. Well I knew what would supposedly happen, but I wanted to make this faster. I was tired. I wasn't letting in the outside world. Merely humming, and focusing on my sensei. Waiting for his hiding in the water plan to begin, but he was still in the process of making a big deal about taking his headband off his eye. What a drama king, I love it. After all most people I know are. I'm pretty used to it.
 
“Tori.” Samantha's voice swam in my head snapping me from my calm, tranquil place.
 
“Wha what?” I asked shaking my head. This was battle! I couldn't do that yet! No matter how tired!!!
 
“Pay attention!” She said.
 
“Right.” I said nodding. “I'm down with that.” She laughed a little.
 
We looked at our sensei, and Zabuza. Kakashi was just about ready to go into the water, when I felt someone whisper something to me.
 
“What me to freeze him?” Haley asked.
 
“Unnessacary.” I said. “But you're awesome at clones how's about one?” She smiled evilly and nodded. “Not yet. When I say “Santa Fe” go ok?”
 
“No problem.” She said. “Just one question.”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“What's your plan? Our sensei's in the water…literally.” She said.
 
“Just follow my lead, got it?” She nodded. “Oh, and do me a favor. Get everyone else in on it.” This time it was my turn to generate an evil grin.
 
I pushed my friends aside, gently of course, and walked to the front. “So the evil Zabuza sent to get Tazuna by Gato.”
 
“Tori what are you doing?” Kakashi shouted from within the prison. “If he's too powerful for me, he's too powerful for you!” I smirked. Yes it was true. He most certainly was way too powerful for me, but that doesn't mean that I can't psyche him out.
 
“Tori you're just too proud.” Tristan said.
 
“Tristan I'm proud, but if anyone here is too proud it's him.” I said conceitedly as I put my right hand on my hip, and pointed at Zabuza with my left. “Only someone so cenceited as him would barge in on that graduating test, and murder all the students then think it felt good.” Zabuza raised an eyebrow at me. Kakashi looked sincerely amazed.
 
“How…?” I smirked.
 
“Does a 12 year old girl who just came here know that?” I finished for him. “Or much power goes along with this knowledge? Well my power unlike yours comes in numbers! Right Haley from Santa Fe?” I winked she smiled, and easily cloned herself. She moved to the front with me. The rest of our group followed suit. I laughed “It's six against 1 Zabuza. Even if you create a doppleganger.” Almost all of us smirked. “Aren't I a little Angel?” Haley's dopplegangers surrounded the group. My friends got ready with weapons, and special powers.