Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto Oneshots *randomized* ❯ Sai: Forever More ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Yeah, I was younger than them but only one year younger so I had the right to be treated like someone, gosh. I joined in Team Kakashi because Hokage-sama personally asked me, but since I had nothing to do, I was happy. I had my mother's looks: black, long hair, black, deep eyes and the weakness of love.

I wondered why me name is Aiko, it never matched who I really am. Trust me, why do you think I left my village before they were about to pick-marry me with someone I barely knew, except his name.

I work with Naruto; an old friend, Sakura; another old friend, and Sai. I wonder who he was because of his appearance. What kind of guy wears some half shirt... well Sasuke but then I detested him even more than I still do. I was tired of walking and hearing their stupid argument.

"Please stop, you guys!"

They stopped and directed their stare at me. I sighed as they stopped but I never wanted the attention, I just wanted their attention focused to the mission. Now the attention was directed to the big building-like thing behind Yamato-sensei.

"Okay 'team', I'm going to lock you in here or we could sleep in a comfortable hot spring"

Everyone exchanged glances and nodded, screaming together.

"Hot spring, please!"

Yamato smiled and agreed to it too, I mean who wants to sleep in a wooden box in the cold too. We went to the springs. I took a quick dip and went out before I got too relaxed in there. I sat down and started to play my gold flute, my father gave it to me before he passed away. The door opened but I didn't hear it, all I could hear was a soothing melody. When I was finished playing, I saw a smile a fake smile.

"You play beautifully,"

I stared at him; he still had the same fake smile. I nodded.

"Thank you but you do not have to do a smile as fake as that,"

He stopped smiling, nodded and walked out. I guess he wasn't as bad I as thought. Yamato called everyone down to the small dinning room to surprise us with an enormous feast. Many adjectives were spilling out of Naruto and Sakura's mouth. You could make a dictionary-- an adjective dictionary with them.

We finished the big feast before his words or 'teamwork'. I went to my single room and sat on the futon. I was tired but I was also wasn't tired. Strange, how I was feeling like this. I took out my backpack and tried to find my flute but I couldn't find it.

"Where is my flute?"

I sat there with my head leaning on the wall. Okay, I know I placed it in my backpack, right? I closed my eyes and my mind wondered into an imaginative place. I opened my eyes and I found Sai next to me. I cocked an eyebrow as I found his stupid fake smile and my flute case. I narrowed my eyebrows and tried to take it from him but he pushed my forehead back.

"You can only get it back unless you play me a song,"

"Fine, what song do you want?"

"The song A Smile along a Smile,"

I nodded and he gave me my flute. I opened it and started to play. It was a beautiful song even though it was a very old song. Like, around the 1960s so yeah it was an old song. I wondered why he wanted me to play this song but more importantly why he took my flute in my backpack and wound not give it back unless I played him a song.
When I was finished playing the song, he left my room with no comment. I watched him leave; he had no emotion in his eyes, or his face. It was the first time I ever though of something other than myself and I had to come clean, I was always self-centered despite the fact that I tried not to be like it.

After nighttime, I found myself walking toward Sai. He was just sitting with a hardback open in front of him. I sat down next to him and gazed him portray his emotions wonderfully.

"That is a beautiful illustration, what is the title?"

"I have no title."

I raised my eyebrows; everyone should have a title on something. Even I have a title when I make a new song on my golden flute. I was him edit some more on his illustration. I stared at the still stream and threw a rock in it. It made a ripple result, which made me feel so puzzled inside. I always thought that I could never experience for anyone as they would never experience anything toward me. I sighed as Naruto yelled for my attention, meaning it was time to go.

"Come on, Sai."

"You go, I'll pack up here."

"May I help?"

He shrugged meaning I could help. I picked up is artistic supplies until my eyes traced over a small book. It wasn't in print or proficiently made by a real artist. He snatched it out of my hand before I could read inside it. I was angry at first but it was his belongings so I should remain out of his dealing.

We were walking down the central road down to the Heaven and Earth Bridge until Yamato told us to go west from where we were. Well, of course with questionings but it was from the 2 loud-mouths. The grass was very tall which made the possibility of being lost here; luckily no one was short so everyone would be found without difficulty. We stopped after 3 hours of walking; hey even I was tired of walking.

I sighed as he did his Wood Element Jutsu and made a house for us. There were only 3 quarters and it seems that I had to sleep with Sakura and Naruto with Sai. I laid my possessions across from Sakuras possessions. I sighed as she quickly fell asleep. I could hear her light snoring, but I wasn't very keen in hearing so yeah, she must have been extremely tired. I went outside and sat in the corner of the timber bars. It wasn't too chilly outside but it wasn't too warm so I had slept there.

Sai's Pov

I saw Naruto slept like a manic the way he was all over the futon. I wanted to hear Aiko's flute. For some reason, there was a feeling in my heart and stomach. In my heart, it felt warm and in my stomach, it felt so tickle-ish. I tried to sketch what I felt but fortunately, I did sketch it and completed it. It was an open and vivid under the tinted moonlight. It was emerald pastures in the winds dances. I guess this was the first time I could actually name my sketches. I will call it Affection.

I know that I would be tress passing into someone's space but who said that I never do in missions. I went into Aiko's and Sakuras room. I looked around for Aiko but I couldn't fine her. Even though I could not feel, I was starting to get very nauseous, like something frightened the snap out of me.

I checked outside, in the corner, I spotted Aiko. At first, it amazed me that she would be resting outside. It was chilly outside; well, to me anyways. And second, was that she had a depressing look on her face.

I carried her inside. I let her on her futon that was surprisingly set out. Gazing at her, I found something saddening. I found a small tear, not practically small enough to not see, on my cheek, sliding downhill. I wondered what made her cry like that.

Just like that, I fell into a deep sleep. When I woke up, Aiko was sitting the opposite direction from me.

"Are you okay?"

She turned around and turned into a pink strawberry, or in other words. Blush. She shook her head and held her face to stopped blushing. When she stopped her 'embarrassment', she looked at me.

"I-I... You do have emotions, don't you, Sai?"

I looked up and smiled, except it was real.

"I guess, I don't know."

I took her hand, held it for a minute then embraced her. I wanted the world to stop here, have time end so I can be with her, forever in my life. I longed of this feeling and I will always cherish her forever more.