Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Naruto x Sasuke Oneshots ❯ Naruto's Secret ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Uh-oh. Naruto's got a secret but he won't tell Sasuke and it's driving him crazy. Won't he be surprised when he finds out…or will he even find out?
 
~Naruto's Secret~
 
Life sucked. Fangirls, fanguys, stupid civilians, suck ups, lazy jounins, know it alls, drunk Hokages, and squeaky voices.
 
Poor Sasuke…or at least that's what he thought.
 
`And if that wasn't bad enough, Naruto is hiding something from me. I mean, I know we're not going out yet but still. We're supposed to be best friends.'
 
Sasuke sighed and continued on down the path that led him deeper into one of Konoha's many dense forests.
 
Dark shadows flittered across his blank face as the sun started setting, making the trees look even creepier. Not that our currently occupied Uchiha noticed.
 
It took a couple of wolves traveling with their packs, alpha male at the front, to awaken the raven-haired 17-year-old from his stupor.
 
Realizing that he was farther into the forest then he would have liked, Sasuke sighed and sat down on an overly large dieing tree stump.
 
“Why would he be hiding something from me? Let's see, he's been hanging around with my fangirls a lot more. I wonder if he's helping them find me so that they can ask me out even though they know it's futile,” Sasuke thought out loud.
 
He let out a growl in frustration and slammed his fist into a nearby rock formation, which crumpled into dust the moment his fist made contact with it.
 
Suddenly he heard a couple of startled gasps coming from maybe twenty feet to his right. He instinctively jumped into a tall tree with enough leaf cover to not be physically noticed by the ninjas coming his way.
 
After a few moments, he heard someone, a girl, sigh in relief.
 
“That was close; I thought for sure that someone heard us.”
 
The other two ninjas kept looking around, though. Apparently they didn't believe that they got rid of him. They were good.
 
After an all clear from one of the two other ninjas, another girl, they all plopped down onto the ground, one of them moving to the stump that Sasuke was earlier occupying.
 
“So back to what we were talking about. How do you think we should approach the situation? I think he'll notice if we suddenly disperse. He'll think that it's a new plan to get to him.”
 
The last ninja, a boy, responded with a light, happy tone. “Exactly. So I think you guys should slowly, and I mean slowly leave him to himself. He shouldn't get too suspicious, but we can handle that.”
 
Sasuke looked down through the branches, recognizing two of the three ninjas, seeing as the guy was out of sight, hidden under the more dense branches of the tree the raven-haired boy was sitting in. The two girls were Sakura and Ino, two of his more persistent fangirls.
 
Still wondering who the boy was, the three continued with their conversation, a conversation that was confusing the prodigy even more. And he was supposed to be a genius.
 
Ino nodded, agreeing with the boy. “I see what you're saying, but do you think it's wise to tell him the truth?”
 
The boy chuckled. “Oh don't worry so much, Ino. I'm not as stupid as most people around here would like to believe. I'll take it step by step until I'm sure of what his thoughts on the subject are. Once I find that out, I'll choose whether to tell or keep it as a secret that I'll take to my grave.”
 
Sakura involuntarily shivered. “Don't be so melodramatic. Someone might believe you're not really you.”
 
“Fine, fine. You guys need to learn to lighten up a bit more. Might do you some good.”
 
Ino rolled her eyes and leaned up against the trunk of Sasuke's tree, closing her eyes. “Whatever. Just promise not to freak him out. That's the least you can do after what you're gonna do now.”
 
“Very well.”
 
Sakura got up off the ground, dusting herself off before stretching, making a cat like noise. “Well, I've got to go help Okaa-san make dinner so I'll talk to you later.”
 
Ino got up too. “Yeah, I'll head out with you. Tou-san wants me to work over time at the flower shop. Seems that we have a big order to fill. See you later, Naruto.”
 
Sasuke's eyes widened considerably and looked back down to see Naruto come into view, waving goodbye at the two kounichis.
 
Sasuke narrowed his eyes and jumped out of the tree, gracefully landing in front of Naruto with an elegance that only the Uchihas were capable of.
 
Naruto jumped back, accidentally hitting the tree.
 
While he was rubbing his sore head, the youngest Uchiha walked up to Naruto, narrowing his already squinted eyes.
 
“What were you talking about with Sakura and Ino?”
 
Naruto glared defensively back at Sasuke, and spoke in a slightly cold tone foreign to the golden-haired boy. “Nothing that is of your concern as of yet.”
 
Sasuke raised an eyebrow and walked closer to Naruto. “It's a common known fact that best friends share everything with each other, dobe. What could possibly be so secretive that you can't even tell me?”
 
Naruto sighed and shook his head, eyes gleaming in hidden amusement. “I hate it when you use that guilt thing on me, teme. Even best friends have secrets, Sasuke, if it's in the benefit of both parties. That's also a known fact. But since you're so curious, how about you ask simple questions about the matter and I'll answer the questions I feel are in favor of both of us?”
 
Sasuke nodded and they both sat down on the forest ground, careful to avoid sitting on any rocks or broken branches.
 
Naruto waved his hand, telling Sasuke to ask away.
 
“What situation were you three talking about?”
 
Naruto smirked and shook his head.
 
Sasuke frowned. `Damn. First question too.'
 
“Alright. Why were you talking to Sakura and Ino about this situation?”
 
“They both had a big part in the situation. Their help will help greatly.”
 
Sasuke's frown deepened. “Why would you need their help?”
 
Naruto grinned mischievously. “It's like I said. They have a big part in it.”
 
Sasuke sighed. “Very well. Why would you guys need to work slowly?”
 
“We don't want to get our subject too suspicious. If we move too fast, the subject will certainly notice and think something's up.”
 
“But why would your subject think it was a new plan?”
 
“Our group is known to try different approaches to the subject, who will think it's just a new tactic.”
 
“You mentioned that the subject was a guy in your conversation. Who is he?”
 
Naruto smirked, and waved his index finger back and forth. “Nuh-uh, Sasuke. I can't tell you that. But I can tell you that I, personally, know him very well.”
 
Sasuke almost couldn't contain his frustration. He felt like pulling all of his raven locks out. `If he doesn't stop jumping around, I'm going to go insane.'
 
Naruto could see past Sasuke's cold façade and into his frustration, and Sasuke knew that.
 
“I suppose I could tell you what the topic of the conversation was about.”
Sasuke lifted his head out of hands, something he hadn't noticed he had done.
 
“The topic was your fanclub.”
 
And just like that everything clicked, excluding a few key components.
 
“That still doesn't explain why Ino and Sakura would want to stop the fanclub, or why they were talking to you, of all people, about it.”
 
Naruto stood up and grinned. “They were talking to me because I am, after all, the Head of your fanclub.”
 
And with that said, Naruto disappeared in a whirlwind of dark green leaves, a new technique he learned from Tsuande-sama.
 
Sasuke's eyes had widened to such a considerable size that it was surprising his eyes hadn't fallen out of his sockets.
 
`He's the Head…of my…fanclub? N-Naruto?'
 
And here is where the Uchiha did something very, very, unlike him. He fainted.
 
It wasn't until a couple hours later that Sasuke finally woke up. Only he found himself in a dark bedroom.
 
Confusion written clearly on his face, the onyx eyed boy slowly got out of the bed and walked toward the window.
 
It was obviously night, and, judging by how few people were out, it had to be late. It was the night of the full moon, and the moonlight spilled over the Uchiha's pale face, making him look like enerthal. Not that Sasuke noticed or anything.
 
He turned away from the window and took a better look at the bedroom he was in. Whoever's it was kept it neat and homey.
 
Sasuke walked toward the door and peaked out through the small crack he allowed himself to have. He could distinctively hear someone softly snoring from the far end of the hallway. So, being the stealthy ninja that he was, the Uchiha carefully made his way to the end of the narrow hallway.
 
Once he reached the end, he found himself in a relatively small living room that was connected to the kitchen. This meant that Sasuke was in someone's apartment, rather than a house.
 
A rather loud snore woke Sasuke from his observing. Slowly, he walked toward the couch and looked down.
 
His expression softened immensely as he saw Naruto peacefully sleeping with a blanket covering his slim body.
 
Seeing that he wasn't in a stranger's apartment, Sasuke quietly headed back to the bedroom, deciding to talk to the blonde in the morning.
 
“Oh, Sasuke, you're up.”
 
Sasuke, surprised, turned around to look at the yawning Uzamaki, hair disheveled as usual.
 
Regaining his composure, the Uchiha made his way over to Naruto and took a seat next to him.
 
Sasuke wasted no time in asking Naruto if he was serious about him being the head of his fanclub, something that Naruto notably pointed out.
 
“Yes, I was serious. As you may have guessed, the subject we were talking about was none other than you.”
 
Sasuke was still very confused. “But why would you be the head of my fanclub?”
 
Naruto sighed and looked down at his hands, which were playing with the hem of his shirt. “Because I've loved you since that day when I was walking home and you were sitting down at the dock. At first, I didn't know what the feeling was. I figured that it must have been because of your smile, something you rarely did, and I was just excited that I actually got to see it. After a few years after the murders, I realized what the feeling was. I could see that all of the girls liked you, so I started a fanclub dedicated to you so that I could find out more about you.”
 
Naruto took a deep breath and continued. “Just incase you noticed my infatuation with you, I pretended I hated you and told the girls that they should put up a good show so it would seem like they hated me. That day at the Academy when that guy, he was one of your fanboys by the way, bumped into me and we kissed, the girls were seriously pissed. That beating was no act. They, of course, apologized later, realizing that if I was the head of the fanclub, then I must've also liked you so they understood. When you left with Orochimaru, there wasn't much the club could do, if anything, so we all started dispersing, and half of the members realized that they just liked you because of your looks or because of your family line, and they went their separate ways. The other half, including myself, reorganized the moment you came back. Only recently had most members left because they found someone who loved them and they loved them back.”
 
Naruto looked back into Sasuke's eyes. “That's when I decided that it was probably a good idea for the other members to get on with their lives. Sakura and Ino were the only ones that knew how much I loved you so they helped a great deal in getting most of the members to quit the club. The ones that were left were gonna help slowly close the fanclub so you wouldn't notice and think that something was up. That's pretty much it.”
 
It took a few minutes, but Sasuke finally digested all of the information and, suddenly, smiled.
 
Naruto looked up at him, curious as to why the normally cold Uchiha would be smiling, and now of all times.
 
Sasuke turned to Naruto, and gave him a chaste kiss, leaving Naruto breathless.
 
Naruto looked up at Sasuke with lust and loved filled eyes. “This better not be a dream.”
 
Sasuke chuckled, and lightly kissed the bottom of Naruto's jaw, whispering, “If this is a dream then I don't want to wake up.”
 
Naruto smiled, and Sasuke lifted him bridal style, walking toward the bedroom. “And I'm going to make sure that it isn't a dream, or, rather, a fantasy.”
 
Naruto blushed at the hidden meanings behind the Uchiha's words but didn't protest as Sasuke gently placed him on his own bed, before getting on top of him and placing another sensual kiss on the blonde's lips.
 
“Are you ready?”
 
Naruto smiled and nodded. “I've been ready.”
 
_________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
_______________
___ _
__
_
You don't even know how hard it was for me to make this as descriptive as possible. Actually, it only took me about an hour to write. Which isn't too bad if I do say so myself. Anyway, I hope you liked it and don't forget to review please!