Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ No Love Lost ❯ Part 1, a Disaster ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Thunder rolled, and rain fell from the sky as though Kami himself were crying. Naruto, the hot-headed seventeen year old Jonin, was growling through his teeth at the man that had once been his best friend. Uchiha Sasuke, the bastard. Naruto had dragged Sasuke’s sorry ass all the way back to Konoha after defeating him in a rematch at the Valley of the Lost. Sasuke, who had challenged him in the first place in order to lure him away so Akatsuki and Hawk could attack Konoha. Naruto had had his fair share of fights with the last user of the Sharingan since then, but this was way too personal for Naruto to back down.
Sasuke gritted his teeth. Naruto was being an idiot again. As a Jonin, Sasuke had his normal, calm-headedness that Naruto had always lacked. Naruto, the man would had defeated his dreams of avenging his family and his brother, and humiliated him by dragging him all the way back to Konoha. Naruto, who had been like a brother to him, had foiled Akatsuki’s plan to capture him and destroy Konoha. Naruto, who had killed Uchiha Madara with a surprise Rasenshuriken that nearly tore the blonde jinchuriki’s arm off in the process. Sasuke both respect and feared the man. But today was different.
Sakura, who had finally let Sasuke go just as he came back into her life. She had dated Sasuke for a few months, who had realized how much she meant to him after he returned. He had gotten into a bad fight with Naruto, and they ended up fighting. Sasuke had taken it too far, and hit Naruto with a chidori. Sakura had broken up with him after that, saying that if he couldn’t hold back against his best friend, what made him think he could hold back when he was angry at her. She had proceeded to date Naruto, having developed feelings for the blonde after his return from his training trip.
And now, their fighting, their bickering, had come down to this. Sasuke had proclaimed his love to Sakura, and Naruto, being jealous, told Sasuke to fuck off. Of course, Sasuke didn’t take that quite well, and had punched Naruto. Naruto had retaliated, sending Sasuke through the wall in his apartment, out into the street, where they stood now. And Sakura knew that this fight would end them all, and end the troubled friendship they held. And there was nothing she could do to stop them.
Naruto’s canines lengthened as he drew power from the well that had once been Kyuubi. His seal had shattered unexpectedly when Kakashi had died to save Sakura from a killing blow from Pein, who had been the last of the Akatsuki to live before Naruto had killed him in a demonic rage. Somehow, he had retained himself, and kept his now two different source of chakra separate from each other. It was like having Kyuubi still in his stomach, though he knew he wouldn’t ever go out of control.
Sasuke activated his Sharingan, and unsheathed his blade. Naruto had long figured out ways to defeat Sasuke’s Nagashi, which had driven the Uchiha to develop new defenses. Sasuke, who had taken Madara’s eyes after Naruto had killed him, in order to prevent himself from going blind, now had the perfect Mangekyou Sharingan. And it was trained on Naruto.
Naruto lunged, aiming a chakra filled fist at Sasuke’s chest. Sasuke read this easily, and spun out of the way, using his superior speed to bring the blade around. It cut into Naruto’s back, but the jinchuriki just regenerated. Kyuubi, before passing beyond this world, had left Naruto two things. His power and his regeneration. Sasuke had only once done enough damage to actually slow Naruto down, and it had been unleashing the Kirin. Naruto yelped in pain, and turned, drawing more power from his demonic well. His eyes turned as red as Sasuke’s Sharingan, and he lunged at speeds Sasuke knew so well, as they matched his own. Sasuke slid to the side as Naruto shot past him, and threw a senbon needle laced with lightning at the blonde.
Naruto, knowing Sasuke’s tricks well, jumped, and shot a claw of chakra out, grabbing Sasuke around the middle. He threw the Uchiha against the opposite building, sending the prodigy through it. Sasuke unburied himself from the rubble.
SHE’S MINE!” Naruto said in a voice deeper than his normal one. Sasuke’s face turned to anger as he looked at the blonde.
“No, she isn’t. Sakura is her own person. But I want her to love me again, Naruto!” He said, and lunged. Aiming his eyes, he unleashed the black fire of the Mangekyou, catching Naruto’s jacket on fire. Naruto quickly shed it, and threw it away.
She loved you once, before you pierced my chest with a chidori over something stupid!” Naruto said in that same voice. Sasuke growled, truly angry now, and went through several hand seals.
Katon-Karyuu Endan!” Sasuke proclaimed, and shot a huge fireball at Naruto. He managed to jump to the side, and drew on more power. His shot two claws out at Sasuke. Sasuke managed to leap away from the first, but the second caught him in the middle. Naruto pulled, sending Sasuke flying right at him. Having a Rasengan prepared already, Naruto thrusted it as Sasuke came flying towards him. Sasuke, knowing that the technique would likely end his life, used his sword to maneuver his body over the blonde. He landed with a skid, and lunged at Naruto. Naruto grimaced as the sword cut through his shirt, and deep into his side. Luckily, his regeneration had really picked up since the seal dissolved, and it was healed within a minute. Naruto threw the Uchiha away with a punch to the jaw. Sasuke staggered away, reeling from the punch. Naruto was mad, raging. He summoned a clone, and started a special Rasengan. Sasuke was still dazed, and Naruto came forward.
OODAMA RASENGAN!” Naruto called as his technique connected with Sasuke’s torso. The raven-haired man was sent flying into a building. Sakura gasped, and held her hands out.
“Stop it, you two, please!” She begged, and they ignored her, to intent on causing each other harm. Sasuke, who had put up his Nagashi barrier at the last moment, staggered up. That had hurt. A hell of a lot more than anything he was used to. Naruto ran at him, and Sasuke did something he hadn’t done since Sakura had broken up with him. He charged a Chidori. Naruto leapt at him, a Rasengan in his left hand. Sasuke leapt at Naruto, his Chidori in his right hand. Naruto puffed into smoke, and Sasuke realized it had been a clone. Hoping Naruto was behind the smoke, he thrusted through the smoke, and heard a squelch of pierced flesh telling he was right.
Or so he thought. As the smoke cleared, Sasuke saw the person in the middle was shorter than Naruto. His victory turned to horror as he realized what he had done. Red clashed with pink as blood dripped from her hair. Sakura was standing there, her eyes filmed over in death as she stared at Sasuke. Sasuke’s hand was sticking through her chest, right through her heart. Naruto, who had been behind Sasuke, stopped his attack in light of what had happened. His eyes returned to blue as he stared in shock. Sasuke let his Sharingan go. A bolt of lightning passed over head, and Sasuke fell to the ground, holding the body of a woman who had given her whole life to both of them in his arms.