Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Not That Different ❯ Relentless Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto

Not That Different:

Relentless Rain.

Sakura looked out the window of her office in the Kohona Hospital. She had recently be awarded head of the Hospital, since Tsunade had stepped down and focused more on her work as Hokage. Sakura sighed. It hadn't stopped raining since Naruto had left. He'd been gone for close to a month this time. He continued to leave as often as he could. Finding Sasuke. That's what his excuse was. He needed to save his best friend. Sakura turned away from the window.

Sasuke...

He had been gone for six years and Naruto still refused to give up. Sakura hated to think this way but she had given up on Sasuke years ago when they had run into him on their mission. He had been consumed by darkness. He was no longer able to be saved. The Sasuke she knew and loved was dead. Naruto on the other side... he refused to give up on his friend, and he wouldn't hear of Sakura not loving him anymore.

Sakura sat down at her desk and looked over the paper work that was on her desk. No wonder Tsunade didn't want this job anymore. Her eyes glanced down at the paper she was looking over. Another ANBU team had been anbused coming back from a mission. This was happening more frequently with the growing number of ninja that had acumulated in the sound region. It was imposible to send lower level ninja out of the gates.

Every transport mission to leave the village was at least B rank or higher these days: A rank. The once peaceful lands they had lived got more and more dangerous with passing days. Less children went to the ninja academy. The number of medic nins where decreasing as well. The Hospital was constantly busy. She let out a deep sigh many of the kunoichi where on pregnant leave and could do no more than simple jobs. Sakura turned in her chair and looked out at the village. What was happening to this village.

A knock brought hrr out of her thoughts. "Sakura-san?" It was Moegi. Moegi used to be the little girl who ran around playing ninja with Konohomaru when they where younger. But now a days she had grown into an exceptional kunoichi.

Sakura had helped her become a nurse at the hospital and she was well on her way of becoming a doctor. "Come in Moegi."

Moegi walked into the room. She was wearing a sleveless blue shirt and black shorts a bash medical pouch on her hip. Her orange hair was pulled into a bun. "Sakura-san, all of the Anbu are in stable condition. I kept one in ICU just for tonight."

"The one with the punctured lung?" Moegi nooded and Sakura smiled at the younger girl. Sakura looked at the clock to see is read about 530. "You wish to leave early. It's friday night you have a date with Konohomaru." it wasnt a question she knew.

Moegi blushed. "Yes Sakura-san I was hoping I could leave early."

Sakura laughed. "Of course you can. No teams are due back today so you're free to go." Moegi smiled and turned to leave. "But Moegi... If you dont finally kiss that boy tonight you're in for extensive training." Sakura smiled.

"Thank you Sakura-san!" Sakura smiled and watched the young kunoichi leave.

Sakura looked back to her paper work and sighed. She however as not going to have an early night. She sighed and slammed her head on the desk. "GAH! WHY DID I EVER AGREE TO THE JOB!"

XXX

Ino sighed as she walked around Konoha. Her belly sticking out slightly. "This sucks." she mumbled to herself. She stood at one of the open food markets looking over the vegetables. hmmm... I dont think Shika wants any more leeks...

"Nara-san." Ino looked up to see an Anbu standing next to her. She raised an eyebrow.

"Shika-kun isn't with me. He had to report to the Hokage this morning." Ino said, she turned back to study the potatoes.

"Nara-san. I have orders to move you to a safe house in the underground caverns."

"Wait, what!" The loud blonde yelled.

"Please hurry Nara-san you are not the only one I need to get to before night fall."

XXX

Sakura was getting more and more annoyed as the day wore on. She turned and looked at the fading sun. The sky turning from a light blue to a vibrent orange. A knock brought her attention back to reality.

"Sakura."

Sakura stood quickly seeing the anbu mask in the form of a hawk. The man removed the mask revealing her silver haired ex teacher. She relaxed slightly knowing who it was. "You have a mission?" she asked sitting back down.

"Not particularly." Kakashi said. Sakura raised an eyebrow to this. "The village is on high alert. I have orders to bring you to the Hokage."

"What the hell is going on." Sakura said. She stood and grabbed her white medical coat. She was wearing a long red shirt the came to a little higher than mid thigh. A white circle was placed in the middle of her stomach a black belt laced through the shirt and tighted the uper part to her body. Under the belt where a few pockets that held what ever the kunoichi needed her black spandex shorts went down to almost to her knees and a pair of black boots went up to a little below her knees. She put her medical coat on also grabbing her black winter coat along with a red scarf. She sighed and set down her paperwork. Knowing that it would have to be finished another day.

"I can not give out any information without the Hokage present." Sakura rolled her eyes. Kakashi and his rule following.

"Well lets get going." Sakura said as they walked down the gall of the hospital. Once they reached the outside Sakura shivered as the cold weather hit her face. She was thankful she had grabbed and extra coat and her scarf this morning. Sakura glanced to her right to notice that the lights at shops where turned on but no one was in the building.

"Kakashi?" she asked silently.

"The villagers have been moved to a safe spot along with many genin teams. Ino is there." Kakashi added the last part so Sakura wouldn't be so worried. If Konoha was under this type of procaution it only ment one thing. That something was coming and they weren't taking any chances.

"Kakashi." the two turned to see Anko land next to them. "Your needed at the front gate. I'll take Sakura from here."

Kakashi nodded. He turned and looked at Sakura he quickly grabbed her pulling her close. He took in a large breath. "What ever you do Sakura. Never forget who you are and who your family is. Your like a daughter to me."

Sakura smiled. "Don't worry. Im sure tomorrow I'll be healing your wounds." she stuck her tongue out at him.

"Be safe." Kakashi looked at Anko and nooded. Than he was gone and on his way to the gates. Anko glanced at Sakura and the two made their way to the Hokage tower.

"Tsunade-shihou what the hell is going on?" Sakura asked when the two made it into the office. Tsunade stood at her desk with Jiraya next to her.

"This morning we recieved a warning from one of Jiryay's ins that Akatsuki is coming to Konoha to take you." Tsunade said. This was one of the rare occasions that you could tell the Hokage had yet to drink today.

Sakura stared dumbfounded at Tsunade. "M-me?"

"Yes it seems the things are going to be alot harder than we thought we need to move you to a safer location. Jiraya will be your escort."

"Wait! Why I don't get whats going on!" Anko stood unnoticed until a kunia went flying past her head and landed embedded in the wall.

"Jiraya! What the fuck!" Sakura screamed.

"Sakura move that's not Anko." Jiraya glared.

"What do you mean that's not Anko you crazy old fart!"

"Anko is in the underground caves. She's pregnant. This Anko is obvioisly not the real Anko."

Sakura's eyes widened and turned to run to Tsunade. Anko quickly henged into a woman with blue hair and a white flower tucked behind her ear.

"Hmmm... I thought for sure Itachi's genjutsu would be stronger than that. Oh well." She shrugged her shoulders and smiled.

XXX

Kakashi landed on the gaurd post and looked at the two jonin Kotetsu and Izumo. "What was it you needed?"

"What are you talking about Kakashi?"

"Anko said that you needed-- oh no." He quickly turned and looked in the direction of the Hokage Tower in time to see half of the building explode. A horrified look crossed the threes faces.

The Akastuki where already in the village.

Just over head they watched a large pieces of clay fell from the sky. Konoha had already been breached.

XXX

"Jiraya!" Tsunade screamed as her and Sakura where pushed out of the building by the explosion. Sakura landed on her feet and grunted. She looled up to see a large piece of clay falling towards them.

Sakura swiftly ran to Tsunade and transported them to another area of the village. The two looked to were the Hokage tower was to see a huge exposion. The ground shock with the force of the explosives.

"We need to move." Tsunade said.

"Not so fast Godaime." the two turned around to see Kisame with a big toothy grin on his face. "I need the girl."

"Not a chance fish face." Tsunade turned and looked at Sakura. "Go to the Uchiha district. You'll find a underground cave that will take you out of Konoha. Its in the fountain that sits in the center of the district. Add your chakra to the water and it will open. Once your out make your way to Suna. There the Kazekage will take you to your next safe spot." Sakura nodded as she looked at the older woman.

Tsunade turned and glared at ths fish man. "Prepare to lose fish face." Tsunade smiled. It had been a long time since she had last faught. She need to kick some Akatsuki ass not only because they wanted Sakura, but also for Shizune who had died fighting one of the Akatsuki.

Sakura ran as fast as she could to the Uchiha District. How had she not noticed before that the village was on red alert. She felt so stupid tons of ninja where fighting for their lifes right now and it was all because of her. She looked at the village that was behind her. The once Hokage tower was no where in sight. She found the fountain that Tsunade spoke of and quickly opened the fountain. She wondered if this was the same way Itachi had taken when he had left. It would make since as to why the Uchiha had been so hard to find. She quickly ran down the stairs and down into the hole. The further she walked she could see light up ahead. She gasped when she walked into a large room. It was filled with scrolls.

There was probably thousands of secret jutsus and research done on the sharingun. She looked all around. "Do you like what you see Sakura-chan."

She turned quickly to see to red eyes staring at her. "I knew that old witch would send you here. Know one knows about it except Uchiha's an the Hokage."

Sakura glared as she grabbed a kunia out of her holster. "Im not scared of you... Sasuke." she spit out his name as if it somehow had venom in it.

He smirked. "You should be." one second she was staring at him to find him gone. "Sakura-chan." He now srood behind her. Breathing down her neck. She looked for an opening and ran.

She ran threw an opening in one of the walls and could only hope that it lead to the opening she was looking for. Sasuke smirked. He loved a chace. Sakura soon found her self at an opening and was in the woods again. Close to the edge to where the desert began she needed to find a place to hid the desert was to open to make a run for tonight. She found a hollow tree and quickly hid in the roots happy yet again that she had choosen a black coat for the day she hod well in the dark. She stared at the opening and waited. She needed to be ready for anything.

There he is... she thought as she watched him walk out of the ground. She squinted when she saw a man land right next to him. Did Sasuke pass out! Her mind was on high alert. Who ever that was... was stronger than Sasuke.

Her body shock in fear when she saw red eyes turn and look right at her. "We can do this the easy or the hard way Kunoichi it is yoir choice." Sakura's breath hitched in her throat. Two Uchiha's in one day. Why did Kami hate her so.

A/N

This is the first fic that I have poted on this website. I hope ya all liked it. There could be some grammar problms becaus this was written on a droid phone. Let me know how ya likd it :)
Converting /tmp/phpDkq6Lj to /dev/stdout