Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ once a demon, forever a demon ❯ unexpected ending ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclamer: I own Nothing
It seems Kyuubi bitoff more than he can chew. Luckily for him a stalemate occured. What will happen now.
Unexpected Ending
The air was tense. The ninja of Konoha were still. Their Hokage was being held hostage by the clone. If they moved the Third would die.
Kyuubi sighed. It was a very audible sigh. He was considerably lucky. He would have died from blood loss if the clone didn't intervene. He stood up. He was still surrounded by the ninja, but didn't care. He was alive!
'Yes, I didn't die!' was the mantra that was being chanted in Kyuubi's head. He was a mess. There was blood everywhere. Blood was dripping down his forehead and scratches were everywhere. Parts of his body were turning a sick color of black, blue, and green, he could also feel his eye beginning to swell from when a lucky Nin had caught him in with a roundhouse. His healing factor had kept him alive while he was fighting. Kyuubi very calmly, popped an arm joint back in place with an audible crack.
He did a quick mental check. Both arms check. Two legs check. Two hands check. Body not broken and bleeding half check. His healing factor was working but the amount of injuries he received from the Nins was amazing. A minute ago, he had broken four ribs and his hand was practically crushed. His side had been scorched by a well aimed katon and he had barely dodged a sword dance that had left him with a "slight" stomach wound. He was a mess, but as he stood there, his wounds were healing. The Nins weren't any better. Many had broken bones and various cut wounds. Some were scorched by jutus and some had been knocked out. However there were still enough ninja to be a threat to the weakened Kyuubi. Kyuubi was about to say something when Iruka open his mouth.
"Nauto, I know you are there somewhere!" Iruka yelled.
Shocked and hurt, Iruka had tears freely streaming down his young face. When the mob of ninja had swarmed upon Kyuubi, his only thoughts were of Naruto. What had happened to the sweet little boy that loved ramen, played dumb pranks and made life exciting? In the past Kyuubi had killed his parents, but that wasn't Naruto! Naruto was separate from the demon fox that was now threatening the Hokage, Separate from the demon fox that was now beaten and bruised…Naruto. He wanted to run over to him and snap him out of it, but the eyes, the horrible red, slitted, demon eyes. This wasn't his Naruto. What had happened?
"Naruto…" Iruka whispered.
Kyuubi stared. He had forgotten Iruka was still there. When he heard what Iruka said he laughed out loud, startling the shinobis. He sneered at Iruka.
"Ha, there is no Nar….."
"I am here."
In Kyuubi's mind
Kyuubi was suddenly standing in darkness. White mists swirled around him. He stepped into a defensive stance, narrowed eyes darting back and forth. ' What kind of ninjutsu is this?' he thought.
"I am here" repeated the voice.
"What? Where?" demanded Kyuubi.
"Here, in your mind. I am Naruto."
"Are you stupid? There IS no Naruto!" growled Kyuubi, exasperated at this voice's slowness.
"Yes, yes, you're right," replied the voice hastily. "Actually, my name is Yondaime."
"What? Impossible! You died years ago!"
"Nope, my body got sealed away and my soul was sealed when I put that seal on your stomach. Interesting isn't' it?"
"Gee, you sound so excited."
"Why thank you. So…how is life?"
"Har, har, lovely. But boy are you stupid."
"How's that so?" inquired the spirit of Yondaime, interested.
"Well, lets put it this way. You stop me when I'm about to say something rather…unimportant to that Iruka, but you didn't stop me from attacking the Nins or the Hokage. Why didn't you stop me?"
"Hmm…it's simple. I CAN'T. I am sealed in you. I can't interfere, try as I might." Yondaime sighed.
"Yes! Ha, no need to worry about you stopping me!" Kyuubi grinned evilly. Yondaime said nothing.
"…Kyuubi?" He finally asked.
"Hmm?"
"I have a question."
"It's your funeral…"
"Why did you attack Konoha?"
Such a simple question.
"I……"
Meanwhile, the Konoha Nins noticed Kyuubi was distracted. They needed to destroy the clone before it killed the Hokage. And since the controller of the clone seemed to have a glazed look, they were going to take their chances at it all being a trap. When they were going to spring their plan into motion, they noticed that Kyuubi had a rising charka spinning in and out of his body, spiraling around and starting up a small windstorm. It scared them. They hurriedly started their plan.
Iruka was standing there confused. Kyuubi seemed to have zoned out. He seemed to be struggling with something…. Maybe Naruto is trying to surface? He hoped Naruto won. He was always a very stubborn person. He saw the charka flare up and engulf Kyuubi. What happened next surprised him.
Minutes ago In Kyuubi's Mind
"I……"
"Surely it doesn't take this much thought. Tell me," Yondaime was practically begging
"I…" Something in Kyuubi snapped. His eyes widened angrily and his pupils narrowed like a snakes. His claws lengthened and sharpened. Angry chakra exploded from his body. "I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN MY ACTIONS TO YOU!" Kyuubi roared.
"Kyuubi! Wait! No, don't!" the voice of Yondaime tried to calm him, but Kyuubi shut Yondaime's voice out of his head and started ranting. He forgot he was ranting with his mouth and not in his head.
"It wasn't MY fault. It was does stupid old DODGERING council demons. They treat me like I was an errand boy. I am a DEMON LORD!" Kyuubi roared.
Half of the shinobi jumped at Kyuubi's outburst. A few that were still close to him were blown backwards as the first wave of angry chakra broke over them. The rest of the Nin's braced themselves and continued with their plan. The Hokage's safety was first and foremost.
The bunshin saw their actions, and its eyes narrowed in anger. "I told you I would kill him if you moved…" he pressed the kunai roughly against the Third's throat, drawing blood. "I would stop now while you still have a Hokage."
"Kagemane no Jutsu!" came a voice from behind.
The bunshin stopped moving, its body shaking with resistance to the jutsu. Slowly, resistingly, the bunshin was forced to back away from the Hokage. The bunshin strained its eyes. "Heheheh… Nara clan, am I not correct?" he cackled. Two medic Nins came to whisk away the Hokage. "Why don't you just let me go and fight me like a man?"
The bunshin was allowed to turn around and face his captor, who was kneeling in the shadow of a tree, using the tree's shadow and his own to hold the bunshin captive. The clone grinned sadistically, but the Kagemane user, Nara Shikato, responded with an icy stare. "You threatened the Hokage. I can never forgive that. Prepare to die. Kage Kubishibari no Jutsu!"
A shadow hand emerged from the shadow binds and worked its way up the clone's body. It tried to struggle, but to no avail. Suddenly, two Anbu members dropped in from above, sword and kunai bearing down at the clone.
It all happened at once. The clone's neck broke from the jutsu, and it was slashed down the front, and stabbed in the back by the Anbu. Shikato released his jutsu, and the Anbu stepped back. The clone vanished in a poof of smoke.
"Tch," clucked Shikato, rubbing the back of his head, "how troublesome for a bunshin…"
A large explosion reminded everyone of the real danger. Kyuubi was on a rampage. Angry waves of red chakra broke over everyone on an inconsistent basis, keeping everyone at least 10 feet away.
"Stand back!" shouted the Hokage, breaking away from the medic Nins who were still in the process of healing him.
"But, Hokage-sama! You'll never get near him! You could be killed!" A Nin pleaded with him.
The Third laughed dryly as he preformed hand seals. "You worry too much Yoshino…I'm not that old."
Jumping towards Kyuubi, chakra rising from his fingertips, he lunged at Kyuubi shouting, Gogyo Fuin!"
Kyuubi had just enough time to turn to face him before having the wind knocked out of him. A new seal was replacing the old seal. Gogyo Fuin, the five element seal, an "odd" seal. This seal would disrupt the chakra flow within Kyuubi and alternate the effects of the original "even" seal placed on him by Yondaime.
The Hokage had expected to see Kyuubi slump over, completely exhausted and without chakra, but something else happened.
Kyuubi started screaming.
His charka was swirling and whipping around violently. Jumping back, he ordered the other Nins to take cover.
Kyuubi roared and growled, red chakra spilling out of his body. The Third and the rest of the Nins watched in fascination. It was as though all of the chakra in Kyuubi's body was being forced out of him.
Finally it died down. The amount of smoke and debris that covered the area was incredible. When the Third stepped forward, he noticed something was different about Kyuubi. He was standing, barely; swaying slightly and he seemed exhausted. "Naruto, are you okay?" The Third asked.
The demon lifted his head. The Third's eyes widened. Instead of the evil, red demon eyes, tired, bright blue eyes were staring back at him.
"Old man?" Kyuubi asked. "What are you doing here?" The Third hid his gasp.
Naruto was back.
He quickly caught the boy as he collapsed.
&#&(----------------
Yondiame is alive, sorta. He is a bit ecentric though.
Their will be scenes with him in it in the future.
What happened to Kyuubi?
Please Review