Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Only Love ❯ First Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I felt a little lazy when I wrote this so instead of describing what Aria looks like in the story I'll do it here. She's tall, 6' exactly when she's an adult. She's the same age as Kakashi, has long light brown hair she either ties half back or in a braid, her eyes are big and almond shaped and they are a deep blue. When she's an adult she wears a red kinda corset thing with small sleeves and trimmed in gold, black low rising pants kept up by a gold sash, and a blue flower necklace Kakashi gave her. Oh yeah, she wears her head-band on her head. I know there are lots of typo's here but I'll fix it later.

Disclaimer-I do not own any of these characters except for the beautiful and talented Nanade Aria! (Niether name is Japenese but it sounds nice.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first time I saw Hatake Kakshi was on a summer's day after we had both graduated from the acadamy. Strangely we had never meet during our schooling there. Maybe because neither of us concentrated on anything but training. Considering everything we should have been close friends. We were both the youngest pupils and had no family. We excelled in every test we were handed. We were the best, and we were alone. But because of our dedication to becoming powerful shinobi we never even knew the other existed. That is until we were assigned to our teams.

I was sitting in the 5th seat of the second row next to some short boy. I don't take time to remember names I'll never need. The whole team assignment thing hadn't started yet and my other classmates were scattered about talking. I was reveiwing my last training session I had with the pervert Jounin Jirarya. My chakra is more powerful then his and I have a larger amount, I thought , but he is more experienced. He saw right through my replacement jutsu. Even though, I smirked, he still fell for my triple fire-ball jutsu.

"Yo. There an inside joke you want to share with us?"

I looked at the owner of the laid back voice. He was tall, looked my age, had a shock of silver hair, and wore a mask. Who is this wierdo? was my first thought. Outloud I said "No, but that hair of yours sure is halarious."

The eyes which had been looking at me with a friendly air suddenly narrowed. The part of his face you could see went red as the people around us laughed. With a quik glance around him he placed his hands on my desk and brought his masked face close to mine. "You want to say that again?" he asked in a dangerous tone.

I causually flicked a lock of my brown hair over my shoulder. "I don't have a problem with that." I locked gazes with him and leaned in even closer."Your hair is so outragous even an emo would die laughing at it."

He growled and as his silver eyebrows furrowed a small crease appeared between them. He's kinda cute. I thought in a momentary lapse. Maybe I shouldn't make fun of his hair. It actually looks pretty good...No! Stop thinkng like that!

The boy was getting redder by the second. At first everyone had laughed again, but now they were all quiet. Maybe it as the dark look on his face that scared them. I was a little surpraised myself. He had seemed the laid-back-takes-life-as-it-is kind of person. But now he had completly changed. Maybe it was a mistake messing with this guy. Wait! His chakra, its almost as powerful as Jiraya's! Hmph, maybe I can try out those moves I've been practising on!

I stood up from my chair but stayed behind the desk."What's with the mask? Your face even funnier looking then your hair?" I said, proding him a bit more.

He went pshyco. He grabbed the desk and threw it into the wall next to me. The debris was coming right for me but with a simple movement of my arms I sent out a wave of chakra that deflected them. Just as I predicted. The rest of the class had made a large cirlce around us. Some were cheering "Kakashi" while other were cheering for me.

"I take it your name's Kakashi." It was not a question.

He smirked. I know his face was covered, but you could tell his emotions from his eyes. "Yeah, and your's is Aria."

I took a fighting stance. "I'm surpraised that your hair doesn't interfere with your ability to learn."

He charged at me and aimed a right hook. I ducked it and hit him in the stomech with my knee while he brought his elbow down on my back. I did a sort of flip that sent him flying away from me and we both landed crouched on our feet. He pulled several kunai out and threw them at me. I caught each one and threw them back at him. But I had attached some of my chakra to them so they were surrounded by fire. Kakashi made some quik hand signs and disapeared in a cloud of smoke. The flame-kunai passed the spot he had been just seconds before and hit the wall instead. I reached my arm torwards the kunai and the chakra came flowing to my hand. I was now holding a fire ball and I was about to throw it at Kakashi when I noticed everyone was staring at me. Their eyes were wide and filled with fright. I lowered my hand and absorbed the chakra back into my body. I looked at each of the faces of my terrified classmates. They cringed whenever I looked at them. I was so confused. What's wrong? Why are they so scared?

I looked around for Kakashi. I could sense his chakra behind me. I turned around and saw him. He wasn't acting like the others. His eyes were wide but in amzement and admiration. His entire body radiated shock. But why?

"What are you all looking at?!" I finilly burst out.

They all backed away form me even more if that was possible. Everyone except for Kakashi.

"You...you seriously don't know?" He asked. He looked and sounded just as confused as I was.

I said "No, so would someone tell me why you're all freaking out?!"

"They are freaking out because no ninja has ever been able to use chakra without hand signles or call chakra back to them." We all looked at the classroom doorway. All the Jounins in the village were standing there.Some wore expressions of fear. But most of them had the same look as Kakashi did. The man who had spoken was standing in front of all the others. His eyes were closed and he had a strange look on his face. Is that regret.., Aria thought?

"What you are able to do, Aria-sama, has been thought impossible up till now. It seems your chakra control is so advanced that you do not need hand signs to tell it what to do. You can manipulate it to do whatever you want without your opponent knowing what you were doing. And you can call it back to you and use it again. You are the most powerful person in this room and probaly in this village."

I stood there with my mouth hanging open. Before I could stop myself I had blurted out "What the crap are you talking about? You're senile! There is no way any of that is true! I'm just more advanced then anyone in my class! I bet all of you Jounin can do this too!"

The Jounin exchanged looks among themselves. The man in front shook his head and looked at me sadly. "No, no one alive has your ability. You are unique."

Everyone was looking at me now. To say I was shocked was an understatement. How could I posses power like that? I could only stand there in the middle of the classroom and stare at the man. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't think, I couldn't move. I could become the most powerful ninja to ever live. At that moment a huge burden was layed on me. I realized what this meant. This awesome power I possesed could go to my head. It could transform me into something I don't want to be. But no matter what, I would be hunted. Everyone would be after me. Everyone would either want me dead or to be thier allay. Since it would mostly be evil psyhcos after me I was baisicly a walking dead person.

All this went through my head in just a few seconds. All of a sudden I felt so tired, so beaten. What was I supposd to do? I was only 5 years old, I had no one to protect me. I was alone and sense no one would want to burden themselves with me I would stay that way. I felt my limbs to start shaking and my throat constricted. But I didn't cry. A shinobi never shows her true feelings.

"What now?" I said quietly and to no one in paticular. Even though my voice was low it was steady. A shinobi never shows her true feelings.

"Everyone sits down and we tell you what team your on."

I looked up sharply and everyone else in the room looked at the man like he was crazy. "What?"

He glared at all of us and said angerly,"You guys heard me, now sit your butts down!"

All of us rushed to the nearest chair. In my hast to sit down I accidently sat in the lap of my former opponent Hatake Kakashi. He smirked at me and I glared at him while I firmly planted my backside in the seat next to him. I tried to concentrate on the teachers but I couldn't. I didn't know what to think or what I was going to do. I was only 5.

While the guy introduced himself as Sarutobi Kakashi unexpectantly leaned over and whispered "Hey, you okay?"

I looked at him out of the corner of my eye. "Yeah, but I...I feel so alone." I sighed and lowered my head. Why am I telling him this?! I don't even know him! But I continued talking to him. "I just need some companionship right now. Keh, "I said suddenly waving my hand "you don't need to hear about this!"

"Actually," he replied,"I do. You shouldn't keep stuff like that to yourself. Its not healthy."

I looked at him ready to say something, but when I saw the look in his eyes I couldn't do anyhting but look at him. His gaze was so soft and caring.

Maybe we can be friends, I thought. Even after what I said.......

"Kakashi, Aria! Pay attention!"

Our attention went back to Sarutobi, but Kakashi wouldn't leave my thoughts.



Kakashi found me underneath a wilow tree that grew on the bank of the river. I was huddled underneath it, my arms hugging my knees. I was watching the rain splash into the river and was lost in thought. I didn't notice he was next to me until he spoke. "I hate the rain. Its cold and wet, and it makes your clothes stick to your body."

"Yes," I said without looking at him,"but even though every single rain drop is the same, they all contribute to the same thing. They are all exactly alike, but they are all equaly important as well. Not one is more exceptional then the other."

Kakashi was looking at the river too. He didn't say anything, he seemed to be waiting for me to continue.

"I never knew my parents. They died long ago. I have nothing that was theirs, nothing to remind me of thier existence. I don't even know if I loved them. But all along I had something inside of me that was thiers, and I never knew it. I never knew or even suspected I was so different. And know that I do have something," my voice broke and I could feel the tears welling up despite my efforts, " I don't want it." I squezzed my eyes shut and clenched my hands so that my fingernails left marks on my plam. A shinobi never shows her true feelings, no matter what! Remember that!

But I was only 5, and I couldn't hold my feelings in any longer. I burst out in tears. Kakashi put his arms around me and pulled me to his chest. I grabbed the front of his shirt and burried my face in his shoulder. He stroked my drenched hair with one hand while the other kept me held close to him.

"I don't want this trait, I don't want it!" I sobbed over and over into his warm shoulder.

When I had stopped crying we still clung to each other. He had started humming what sounded like a lullaby. I was exhausted from everyhting that had happend to me today. His warmth, the sound of his humming, and the slight vibration of his chest caused me to fall asleep. But before I did I heard Kakashi sigh and say ,"Man, we're too young for stuff like this."