Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Only Love ❯ Past Mistakes ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Since I don't know who else was on Kakashi's team I had to improvise. Use your imagination. Please review, I really want to know how I'm doing!
Disclaimer- See previous chapter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I was not alone. I could sense at least 8 different chakras in the room. I didn't recognize any of them. They were all whispering to each other but I could hear what they were saying.
"Something has to be done! We cannot ignore this problem!"
"But what can we do?"
"Destroy it! That's the only choice we have!"
"Yes, I agree. It should be exterminated!"
"We can't do that! And she's not an it, she is a human child and she shall be treated as such!"
"How can you say that?! If that thing feels like it she can kill us all without breaking a sweat!"
"Why didn't we find out about this earlier?"
"If we had believed the prophecy we would have known!"
"That can't be helped now! All we can do and what we should do is train her AND PREPARE HER FOR WHAT IS TO COME!" The man who spoke these words had to raise his voice to make himself heard over the yelled objections of the others. So far I had laid in the bed I was in and pretended to be asleep, but I had to do something. I opened my eyes and sat up. I was in my house in my bed and I saw that the villages wisest ninjas where in my room. I saw the Hokage trying to quiet down the others. Apparently he had been the only one who had defended me. They all want me dead. They don't even think I'm human.
I cleared my throat politely. The ninjas instantly went silent as the grave and slowly turned around. After a few moments of tense silence (in which all but the Hokage went red and looked shamed) I finally said, "Don't I have a say in my future, gentleman?"
The Hokage nodded his head in approval and said, "Of course you do. But first maybe I should explain. You left my office so fast yesterday I didn't get to tell you everything."
Now it was my turn to go red in shame. I looked down and fingered the quilt on my bed. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that. It was a bit too much for me to handle at the time." I said quietly.
The Hokage came over to me and placed his wrinkled hand on my shoulder. "I understand. Its such a shame you have to carry this burden. But," he sighed,"it can't be helped."
He left me and walked to the window, waving his hand at the other ninjas in dismissal. They left with frightened glances at me and whispering amongst themselves. I sat in my bed and waited for the Hokage to start. He was looking out of the window with his hands clasped behind his back.
It was a long time before he finally said,"I knew your parents. They were both powerful ninja and good people. They loved life, they loved their village, and they loved each other. But, your poor father was weak. He craved power and he would do anything to get it. He experimented with chakra. He would disappear for months at a time and when he came back he would be too weak to move on his own. But with your mother to look after him he would be back to normal in a few days. But one day, when he came back from one of these journeys he took, he was completely different. He was violent and not in his right state of mind. But the biggest change was his chakra. It was much more powerful then it was before and it just kept growing. Nothing bad happened until your mother gave birth about a month after he changed. Your father went crazy and beat your mother. He dragged her into the forest. She kept screaming 'The baby, don't take me away from my baby!' "
He turned around and faced me. "There was an explosion. The amount of chakra that came from the forest was phenomenal. Almost the whole forest was destroyed. Your parents bodies could not be found. You were found laying on your parents bedroom floor. You had not been cleaned and your umbilical cord looked like it had been ripped from your mother's body. It seemed like your father had just jerked you out of your mother and dumped you on the floor. Your mother......didn't even get to hold you." His voice broke and I could see a tear slide down his face. It took him a few moments to compose himself.
"Somehow, your father must have adopted a bloodline trait he created...."
"That's impossible." I interrupted him."A bloodline trait is passed down within in a clan. It can't be created or copied."
The Hokage sighed again. I would never see him look so old or tired then when he did at that moment. "I know, but your father went beyond the rules. He found a way, and that trait he created is in you."
"How?" That was all I could say. My father had killed my mother, dumped me on the floor as soon as I was ripped away from my mother, and that one three letter word was all I could say?
"I don't know."
I looked away from him and stared at my hands. "They want to kill me."
"Yes, they do."
"I realize what all this means. This burden is not my own, it is the villages too. But, " I looked into his eyes,"this burden is also a gift. My chakra is unlimited. I can absorb it from my surroundings. I can call it back to my body after I've already used it. I can become the most powerful ninja the world has ever seen. There is the possibility I could end up like my father but I will not let that happen. I am a ninja and my life belongs to my country. I will use my gift in the benefit of the people, not for myself."
The Hokage smiled at me for the first time that day. "Well said. I heard you are on the same team as Hatake Kakashi?"
I was a little surprised at this sudden change of subject but I recovered. "Yes. That reminds me, Sarutobi told us the teams would be divided into groups of three, so why does my team have four?"
A knowing look appeared on the Hokage's face, but he didn't answer my question. Instead he winked and said as he left ,"A young man is very anxious to see you. I think I'll leave you two alone."
"Wait..." but he was already gone.
I slumped against my pillows with a groan of frustration.
"What, you would rather talk with the Hokage then with me?"
I shot up again and squealed "Kakashi!"
He was leaning on the door frame with his hands deep in his pockets and his lazy eyes feigning a hurt expression. "What?"
I scowled at him. "You don't just barge in a girls room like that!"
He shrugged and sauntered over to my bed where he sat down.
Neither of us said anything for a long time.
"Thanks for....what you did last night." I said shyly, once again toying with the quilt and not looking at him.
"Don't mention it. Glad I could help." I looked up and we smiled at each other.(His face was covered, but his eye had a way of curving upwards that let you know he was smiling.)
"You know I'm here for you whenever you need to talk." he said unexpectedly.
I tilted my head to the side and looked at him.
"What?" he said after a few moments.
"Its just a little weird. We didn't exactly get off to a good start, but now you're the most important person in my life." I said.
He shrugged again. "Hey, it wasn't me who started that fight. I just saw you sitting there all by yourself and decided to be your friend. I had nothing but honorable intentions."
I could feel my face grow red. "Yeah, sorry about what I said about your hair. No one usually speaks to me so I don't have good people skills. Actually, I think your hair looks kinda nice."
He smirked.(Once again, his eyes let you know his facial expression.) "Knew I'd grow on you."
I glanced at him but I couldn't look at him without my face going red as a beet. The room was once again filled with silence but it wasn't awkward. I felt completely at ease around Kakashi. I guess crying on his shoulder created a strong bond between us.
I jumped when he put his hand on my shoulder. "Aria, I know you want to talk about this. I'm here for you." he said, his eyes just as soft as his voice.
Something about him lowered my walls of emotional defense. I could keep my feelings pinned back until I looked in his eyes. The tears started gathering again and before I knew it I had flung myself into his arms and was telling him everything. He listened to me and lightly massaged my neck.
"I'm sorry Kakashi." I said when I was all cried out.
"What for?"
"For being so weak. I can't even control my emotions."
He took me by the shoulders and held me out so he could look into my eyes.
"Don't you ever say that again. Something like this shouldn't be kept inside. It would drive you insane. And you are not weak!" he said somewhat roughly.
I didn't believe a word he said. But I shook my head that I understood.
He sighed."Enough of this depressing stuff. Lets go outside. Its a beautiful day!"
I smiled weakly and said "Ok."
He took his thumbs and wiped the last trace of tears of my face. "Ok then." he said.
He stood up and stretched his limbs, his joints cracking. He looked at me and his brow furrowed. "Why are you still in bed?" he asked.
I glared at him. "I'm in my pajamas, baka! You need to get out so I can change!"
"Oh. Oops!" He said with a reddening sheepish face. Then he bolted out the door, slamming it shut.
I shook my head. So this is what its like to have a person who really cares for you. I thought as I pulled on my shirt. This feeling, its like you know you can do anything. My father may have cursed my existence, but as long as I have Kakashi for a friend I think I can make it.