Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Countdown ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Two

Title: Countdown

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me. I own nothing mentioned here.

Summary: It's New Years Eve, and all around him people are counting down 'til midnight. [NaruHina]

A/N: This is the second installment of Pieces of Me. I hope you liked the first chapter. I know I loved writing it. Anyway, review and tell me what you thought. Ja!

The idea for this story just came to me one day, with no explanation. And it's not even Christmas yet. -- Enjoy!

-----

~*Countdown*~



He kept his eyes on the clock mostly, dreading the moment it struck midnight. It was New Year's Eve, and all around him people were counting down until midnight. When the clock struck midnight, everyone in the room would turn to someone else, and they would kiss. That was all fine and dandy, but there was just one problem. Naruto didn't exactly have anyone to kiss. Sakura had Lee, Ino had Chouji, and Temari had Shikamaru. So, in short, all of the girls had someone to kiss. That left him as the lonely bachelor of Konoha.

"Oi, Naruto!" Kiba slurred, as he sauntered over to the blolnd with a drink in his hand. The dog boy's cheek's were red from the alcohol in his system. "Hey, b-blondie, you have anyoone to kiss?" The teen slung his arm over Naruto's shoulders, and swayed on the spot as he lost his balance. "Fuck, I'm so wasted."

"Who are you gonna kiss, Kiba? Akamaru?" The whiskered boy shoved the drunk boy away, not caring that Kiba practically swayed on his feet trying to get his balance.

"So. Fucking Hilarious." Kiba grinned, each word emphasized with a hard pat on the blond's back. "You're so funny, I think I'm gonna go get more to drink."

"You do that." Naruto told him, as he walked towards Sakura and Lee, who were too wrapped up in each other to notice that their friend was walking towards them. He side-stepped them and headed over to an empty corner of the room, which wasn't so empty the closer he got. Hinata was standing there by herself.

"H-Hello, Naruto-kun." The Hyuuga girl sputtered, her cheeks aflame from being so close to the blond. "How's the p-party? Are you having fun?"

"It's a riot, having drunk people hang all over you." Naruto answered caustically, then blushed when he realized Hinata wasn't drunk. The whiskered boy sighed as he leaned against the wall next to her, arms crossed and a pouty expression making his bottom lip pull out.

"A-At midnight," the girl stuttered, "wh-who are you going to kiss?"

"No one, I guess." The blond checked the clock on the wall. Ten minutes to midnight.

"
Hush, everyone!" Ino yelled, as the music cut off. She climbed onto her coffee table and cupped her hands around her mouth. Her words slurred together. "In ten minutes it's going to be midnight, which means we will start the countdown soon!" She bowed to the room, then took Chouji's offered hand and stepped down.

"Fuck yeah!" Kiba yelled, the girl under his arm blushing like there was no tomorrow. She stayed at his side, though, even as the dog boy started talking to Shino.

"D-Does everyone already have a m-midnight kiss?" Hinata asked quietly, and Naruto could barely hear her over the sounds of everyone's voices.

"I haven't asked yet." The whiskered boy said absently, eyes scanning the small crowd of his friends. Sakura was dancing close to Lee, and Ino was nowhere to be seen. Shit. I'm going to be the only one without a midnight kiss. I wonder if that's why the teme didn't come?

"N-Naruto-kun...?" Hinata rested her hand on his arm, and when he turned to look at her, a smile broke out over his face. "Naruto-kun, I'll be your m-midnight k-kiss."

The blond's smile widened, "Really? Are you sure?"

"Uh-huh."

"Then I'll just hang out with you until the countdown." Naruto leaned back against the wall with his hands behind his head, and waited for the clock to strike 11:59. Soon the party had quieted down and everyone was focused on the hands of the clock. One minute to go.

"Ten!" Kiba yelled somewhere in the room, lost amongst the cluster of drunken partiers.

"Nine!" Ino yelled back twice as loud.

"Eight! Yosh!" Came Lee's exuberant-alcohol free- voice from somewhere near the back.

"Seven..." Hinata said quietly. Naruto turned to her as someone shouted 'Six!'-was that Chouji?- and smiled nervously as she turned towards him.

"Five! Four! Three! Two!"

"One! Happy New Year!" Naruto shouted over the rest of the group, promptly swooping down to kiss the blushing Hyuuga girl on the lips. But just like that, it was over and the party kept going.

"Happy New Year, N-Naruto-kun." Hinata piped up happily, as the blond boy grinned foxily at her.

"Happy New Year, Hinata-chan!"

Then he kissed her again.



Owari



-----

That is the end of chapter two! If you liked it, please review, and get ready for chapter three! Ja!