Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Double-entendre ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Four

Title: Double-entendre

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me. I own nothing mentioned here.

Summary: Their friendship is really just a ruse. [ShikaCho]

A/N: The fourth drabble is here! Now, this pairing, I haven't really done. But my sister wanted a ShikaCho, so a ShikaCho is what she's gonna get. WoOt WoOt! But I don't really know where this idea came from. :( It was really just random and stuff. Please review if you liked it! Arigato!


~*Double-entendre*~



Their friendship was really just a ruse. Actually, it wasn't until some time after their mission to bring Sasuke back that it had turned into an act. Shikamaru went to see Chouji one day, while the boy was still in the hospital, and the teen had told the Chuunin everything that had happened. He had been fighting Jirobo and he had taken the pills, all the while thinking about Shikamaru and how good of a leader he was. The pony-tailed boy had sat quietly and listened to his friend talk, not wanting to ruin the blessed moment. Then Chouji had smiled and asked if they had gotten Sasuke.

Shikamaru didn't want to tell him no, since their efforts were greatly wasted. But he did.

XxX

A couple of weeks went by with nothing unusual happening, until Naruto announced that he was leaving. He would go with the pervy sage and train until he was strong enough to bring Sasuke back. Shikamaru told him good luck, then went off to watch the clouds streak across the sky. He chosethe place where he had met Chouji for the second time and they had become friends. That's where Chouji found him.

"Hey." Shikamaru lifted his head, taking in the form of his best friend without his hitai-ate. His hair seemed to stick out more than it usually did. "I knew I'd find you up here." The chubby boy explained, as he took a seat next to his friend to watch the clouds.

"Yeah. It's the best place around."

"What about Hokage tower?"

"Too bothersome to climb."

"Oh." Chouji grew quiet, his eyes scanning the blue and white above them. He pointed to a cloud just to the left and said, softly, "That cloud looks like a heart."

"A heart?" Shikamaru mumbled, tilting his head to get a better look at what the other boy was pointing at. Chouji was right; it did look kind've like a heart.

"Um, about that mission? Was Naruto even close to bringing Sasuke back?"

"...Sasuke tried to kill him."

"So that's a no." Chouji sighed heavily, not even pretending to look at the clouds anymore. He closed his eyes, tried to imagine a time where friends didn't try to kill each other. But that just made him think about Shikamaru, which lead him straight back to his fight with Jirobo.

"I'm glad you made it back." Shikamaru said suddenly, his eyes still on the sky. He moved his hand from behind his head and placed it over Chouji's, giving the other's boy's fingers a gentle squeeze.

It was a while before Chouji answered back, entwining his fingers with the boy's next to him. When he opened his eyes, it was like more hearts were in the sky.

"Me too."



~Owari~




And the fourth one is finished. Ha. This is the first time I've done this pairing, so bear with me if I didn't get their characters just right. But review, please, because it makes the world go 'round! Ja!