Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Faint ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Six

Title: Faint

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me. I own nothing mentioned here.

Summary: Sasuke's exhausted himself training and Kakashi is exasperated. [Slight KakaSasu]

A/N: Here is number six, folks. Now I got this idea from a picture I found on photo bucket where Kakashi is carrying Sasuke. Heh heh... I just thought the idea was way too cute. This takes place during the Chuunin exams, when Kakashi and Sasuke are training. It was the only place I could think of that would fit the idea. --


~*Faint*~



The sun was starting to dip beneath the horizon when Sasuke finally collapsed, face flushed with exhaustion from the intense training. Little beads of sweat rolled down his nose and disappeared into the sand underneath his fingertips, his hair damp and sticking to his forehead.

"That's enough for today, Sasuke." Kakashi said lazily, as he sauntered over to the teen with a canteen in hand. The Uchiha reached for the canteen, missing on his first try. "You pushed yourself too hard today, Sasuke. Tomorrow we will work only on your taijutsu."

"Hn." Sasuke grunted, as he took a big gulp of water, coughing slightly. It hurt to move around too much, and his skin felt grimy from the dust that was blowing around. He had a feeling he wouldn't have the strength or energy to bathe when they headed back to camp.

"Can you move?" The Jounin asked, as he kneeled next to the boy, exasperation clear in his voice. He took the canteen from Sasuke's weak grasp and studied the teen's face. His cheeks were still flushed from his body's exertion, and the boy had yet to catch his breath.

"Yes, I can move."

"All right. Let's head back to camp." Kakashi stood up, tucked the canteen into his pouch, and dusted off his pants. Sasuke was slow to stand up, swaying slightly on his feet. The silver haired man watched the teen take a few steps on shaky legs, clearly not able to make it all the way back on his own. He was convinced of it when the dark haired boy suddenly pitched forward, and had to grab the man's vest to steady himself. "Sasuke." Kakashi sighed.

"I'm fine." The Uchiha groused, as he pushed himself roughly away from the older man. He started to walk forward again, forcing himself not to stumble on the uneven terrain. His legs protested every step he took, pain streaking up his legs like little electric bolts. The next step he took sent a stabbing pain up his right leg, and he faltered in his steps, waiting for the pain to subside.

When it had, he barely took one step before his feet were off the ground, and he was cradled in Kakashi's arms.

"Put me down!" Sasuke screeched, his voice sounding hilarious one octave higher. Kakashi smirked underneath his mask, and bounced the teen up and down like a baby.

"You can barely walk on your own, Sasuke."

"I'll manage, now put me down!"

"Just relax." The silver haired man cradled the teen closer to his chest, discomfited by the fact that Sasuke fit perfectly in his arms. When the teen made no further protests, Kakashi continued the trek to camp in silence. Sasuke was fast asleep by the time they got there; his head nestled against the Jounin's chest.

He really was exhausted; the man sighed, as he gently lay the teen on his bedroll. Sasuke made a low noise in his throat as he rolled over, and curled himself into a tight ball. Kakashi got busy tearing a washcloth out of old shirtsleeves, got it wet with the water in his canteen, then gently wiped the smudged dirt from his student's face. He gradually moved down to the boy's neck, then his arms and legs. He pulled off Sasuke's shoes and placed them next to the bedroll.

The sun had disappeared beneath the horizon, and the small camp was cast into darkness, lit up only by the fire Kakashi had managed to light. He kept half of his attention on keeping it lit, and his other half on the sleeping teen. Sasuke was so much nicer to look at, when he wasn't scowling at something.

Those thoughts are strictly forbidden, Kakashi, he told himself firmly. His visible eye drifted over to the teen, who was curled on his side, hands turned towards his face.

"Right," he mumbled, "strictly forbidden."



~Owari~




There's chapter six! If you liked it, or even if I made mistakes, review! It helps to know these things! Ja!