Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Practice Makes Perfect ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Twelve

Title: Practice Makes Perfect

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, not me. I own nothing mentioned here.

Summary: Sakura is worried about how good of a kisser she is, so she enlists a friend to practice with her. [InoSaku]

A/N: All right, so this is my second attempt at an InoSaku. I tried in Sakura Petals, and that came out more like a friend comforting a friend thing. So hopefully this one does shoujo-ai justice. Heh...This idea came from out of nowhere, as does everything else I write. It's the muse, I tell you. But if you like this chapter, review!!! It helps to keep the creative juices flowing. Ja!


~*Practice Makes Perfect*~



Today was the day. Today she was going to kiss Sasuke. She had it all planned out. She was going to have someone push her into him. Hey, it worked for Naruto - even though it wasn't planned - why wouldn't it work for her? But there was one thing she was worried about. What if she wasn't a good kisser? What if she was sloppy and Sasuke didn't like it? She had to get rid of this fear, and fast! She had to enlist someone to practice with her, and it had to be someone that she trusted not to tell anyone no matter what.

"...You want me to what?" Ino asked, mouth hanging down past her chin. It was weird for Sakura to come to her house, and even weirder was what the pink haired girl was asking her.

"Practice kissing with me." Sakura repeated, a full-on blush rising into her cheeks. She fidgeted with the hem of her skirt, balling it in her fists. "I'm gonna kiss Sasuke soon, and I don't know if I'm any good. I've never kissed anyone before and I'm really worried."

"You're first kiss, eh?" Ino smirked, stepping aside to let the pink haired girl in. She didn't know what she was supposed to do. It wasn't like she made a habit of going around and kissing other girls, especially one that she was competing with. Besides, she hadn't even had her first kiss. "So large-forehead, what makes you think Sasuke will actually kiss you? He'd probably rather kiss me."

"I'm not giving him a choice, Ino-pig. I'm going to accidentally bump into him, like when Naruto was pushed into him." Sakura said matter-of-factly, as she followed the blonde towards the back of the house. She was nervous, even though she tried not to show it - she hoped. "And what makes you think he wants to kiss you?"

“It’s obvious.” The blond snorted, as she lead Sakura into an empty room- or at least, she thought it was empty before she actually slid the door open. There were boxes everywhere, but there was also a small table in the corner they could sit on. “So why did you choose me instead of Naruto?” Ino slid the door shut behind them, and watched as the pink haired girl sat on the table.

“I trust you more than him.” Sakura said, blushing prettily as she swung her legs back and forth against the table. Why would she ever trust Naruto with something as important as kissing?

“I’m flattered, Sakura.” The blond took a seat next to her, and for a while they just sat there, swinging their legs back and forth. Ino knew she couldn’t deny a friend in need of help, but something as serious as kissing was a completely different matter. She didn’t know if she wanted to do it.

“So are you going to help me?” Sakura asked, her voice carefully measured as she raised her eyes to the other girl’s. Ino took a long look at her, then slowly gave an imperceptible nod. Sakura blinked rapidly then put her hand on the girl’s arm. “Thank you. I’ll make it up to you somehow.”

“Can you give me my first kiss back when we’re done?” The blond joked, suddenly feeling hot all over as Sakura’s hand moved to hold her wrist. She felt her cheeks flush uncomfortably. “We’re not going to tell anyone about this, right? Naruto would make a big deal out of it.”

“Yeah.” Sakura whispered, as her eyes felt shut, lips parted slightly. Ino stared at the girl’s face, noticing for the first time how dark her eyelashes were. She wasn’t supposed to notice these things, especially not in this situation. “What are you waiting for? I don’t have all day, you know.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Ino licked her lips as she cupped one of Sakura’s cheeks in her hand, then leaned forward until she could feel the other girl’s breath mingling with hers. Here goes nothing, I guess. When their lips finally touched, the tension eased from the blond’s shoulders. She slid her hand to the back of the pink haired girl’s neck, and Sakura put both of her hands on the other girl’s shoulders.

They started off with small open-mouthed kisses, gently pressing until they were comfortable with the pressure. Sakura’s lips were tingling as Ino pressed closer to her, and her head felt light. It this was how it felt to kiss somebody, then she’d absolutely love to kiss Sasuke. It had to be ten times better. It was only when she felt something warm and wet on her mouth did she pull away.

“I think I got it now.” Sakura said, as she scooted off the table and started towards the door. She stopped before she slid it open, and turned back to Ino. “Thanks for your help.” Her smile was sincere as she slid the door shut behind her, lips still feeling heated. On the other side of the door, Ino brought her fingers to her lips, and ran her index finger over the heated skin.

She had liked kissing Sakura.




~Owari~